Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It's November 4th and I STILL haven't bought Bayonetta. Someone, anyone, help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wanna watch a pretend mother/daughter play Captain Toad for ten minutes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqWf5WR0b1I

Goddamn that game is going to be the best chill-out game. Wish it was still a 2014 release in Australia :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

elf help book posted:

You mean like with Devil May Cry?

To be fair, Strider was a really good game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While DmC was not a good Devil May Cry game, I'm still glad it was made and that I played through it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

loving Nintendo. Even when they design something as simple as a key, they make it nostalgic (it looks just like the keys in SMW to unlock secret paths, just in 3D). Nintendo are masters at what they do

edit: Oh my gosh the Toad skull when you die :lol:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 5, 2014

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

The Direct is tomorrow, so we need to find a timewarp going the other way.

Oh dammit.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Captain Toad gonna own!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Space Harrier posted:

Xenoblade supports Wiimote+Nunchuk, but it's barely playable that way and doesn't even implement the most basic functions of the remote (not even pointer controls for menus). You NEED a classic controller for the game.

I know everyone called this post stupid already but the Wiimote controls are infinitely perfect for Xenoblade. I tried playing with the Classic Controller and it didn't feel right at all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah they look happy now but wait until they hear about Nintendo's hosed Up Account System

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

homeless snail posted:

Yeah they look happy now but wait until they hear about Nintendo's hosed Up Account System

That's what they're arguing about in Japanese. They look like they're enjoying a nice convo but trust me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PneumonicBook posted:

Sure and I do that, and I'm not like super pissed or anything, I just think it's a legitimate criticism, and because of how family friendly Nintendo is I think that would be an enormous plus for them, that's all.

I agree that what you describe would be better for the end user. Do you really think that it would equate to more sales, though? I mean, you give a poo poo and you already bought 2 of the current gen portables and presumably a WiiU. If they fixed this would you buy a fourth system?

I just don't think they have any reason to give a poo poo.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Macaluso posted:

That's what they're arguing about in Japanese. They look like they're enjoying a nice convo but trust me

So that's why the mom keeps exclaiming, "LIES LIES LIES"... that or, "You've got to be kidding me".

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

Actually you just call Nintendo and have them transfer your ID to the replacement console and you redownload all your stuff to it and this weird rear end misconception about losing all your games is probably why so many people rush to point out that purchases are tied to the ID even if the ID is tied to the console.

greatn posted:

You're wrong, customer service can and will tie your NNID to another machine if you don't have access to your old one.

Trent posted:

A lot of assumptions in that sentence.

Cool, so you guys have done this and been successful? Because when I called Nintendo about this exact problem 4 or 5 years ago i was told there's nothing they could do. Even if it is different now...

PneumonicBook posted:

He also pointed out if you have more than one [console] in your house how you're poo poo out of luck. For instance, I have a 3ds and my daughter has a 2ds. I bought smash bros digitally, before I bought my daughter's 2ds. The only way she can play it is for me to buy another copy, either digitally or physically. I feel like that's pretty asinine.

My son has a 2DS and I plan to get a 3DS for myself at some point, if I didn't look into it before buying games I would've got everything digitally, because that's easier for a kid than keeping track of a bunch of little carts and been kind of screwed later, so I think it's good for anyone asking to know how outdated their system is compared to literally every other DD service. My PS3 recently crapped out, I log into PSN website click 2 links and I have access to everything I purchased again ready to go onto a replacement and I only actually need to do that if I've already activated my account on a 2nd system.

You shouldn't have to go through some long transfer process anytime you wanna play your kids Mario game on a DS that's not covered in kid dirt or fax them a police report and/or wait on hold for 20minutes to move your purchases from one machine to another if the original is damaged/stolen.

It's a needlessly convoluted process for a company whose main demographic is children.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Kly posted:

Cool, so you guys have done this and been successful? Because when I called Nintendo about this exact problem 4 or 5 years ago i was told there's nothing they could do. Even if it is different now...

the wii u and 3ds haven't even been out for 4 years

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

the wii and eshop have been around for about 8 years. i only purchased a 2DS and WiiU within the last year.
and again, you've tried this process before? because some one earlier in the thread mentioned nintendo told them the same thing regarding their 3DS or something.
it's a lovely system that was archaic 5 years ago and has barely improved. i dont understand why people are so defensive about criticism of this particular poor design decision.

Kly fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 5, 2014

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
holy moly

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kly posted:

Checking quickly, Nintendo Network only launched in January 2012 (3DS only at the time) and with Wii U in November, so just barely two years. A lot of people still seem really hung up on a lot of the original DS and Wii insufficiencies, because they were really bad. For the Wii or DS you had to physically mail them the unit, although they'd pay shipping and the warranties lasted a long while. Huge pain in the rear end if something happened.

For the 3DS and Wii U they expect you can manage to get wifi access and they're able to do a lot more remotely (plus owners and developers are able to do a lot more due software/os architecture and policy changes). I think I remember a couple goons posting who had trouble getting some stuff to work and Nintendo just gave them a couple free games to their accounts by way of apology.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

great, so there's been a minor improvement with their 8 year old DD platform in the last 2 years. now you dont have to mail them a police report then purolator your entire system to them anymore. cool. now what about the rest of what I said other than the one line about my only experience with this kind of thing and nintendo?

Kly posted:

...I think it's good for anyone asking to know how outdated their system is compared to literally every other DD service. My PS3 recently crapped out, I log into PSN website click 2 links and I have access to everything I purchased again ready to go onto a replacement and I only actually need to do that if I've already activated my account on a 2nd system.

You shouldn't have to go through some long transfer process anytime you wanna play your kids Mario game on a DS that's not covered in kid dirt or fax them a police report andor wait on hold for 20minutes to move your purchases from one machine to another if the original is damaged/stolen.

It's a needlessly convoluted process for a company whose main demographic is children.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Restoring digital Nintendo games going from being awful to way better but worse than everyone else is an extremely recent thing overall and Nintendo haven't really done a good job communicating that things have improved to those that have gone through or heard about the awful stuff you used to have to do.

Now let's never speak of this again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hoping to see Iwata in this Direct.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oknope posted:

i think there's a really good chance of it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

i think there's a really good chance of it.

reports revealing he is healthy as gently caress

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Captain Toad looks great. I noticed there's no timer or anything so you can just chill and figure out all these cool fun levels.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kly posted:

great, so there's been a minor improvement with their 8 year old DD platform in the last 2 years. now you dont have to mail them a police report then purolator your entire system to them anymore. cool. now what about the rest of what I said other than the one line about my only experience with this kind of thing and nintendo?

Well part of your post is wanting to be able to play a single game on two different systems, which is obviously something that's not going to happen. Either buy your own copy or use the system you bought the game for.

Or if you want to transfer everything over to a non "kid-dirt covered" system, that's what the system transfer utility is for.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I just buy a physical copy which I think is the best option for me since it makes it pretty easy to do this, apparently complicated task of "playing a single game on two different systems" without having to make a phone call or transfer all the data from one DS to another. I think it's something people should be aware of instead of just saying "no its fine dont worry about it" when some one mentions how the eshop works different than other similar services.

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone still want some Watchdogs?

It is going to be pretty funny if this doesn't turn out to be an awful port.

From the WiiU version:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone actually give a poo poo about Watch Dogs anymore

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It'll be a bad port of a game that never looked good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Long John Power posted:

Anyone still want some Watchdogs?

No.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

oknope posted:

this direct is going to have every game we've ever wanted, all delivered by a shirtless and ripped satoru iwata

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm going to buy the Reggie Amiibo.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If this direct doesn't show off Zelda U and Star Fox footage as well as announcing Galaxy 3, Metroid 3DS and Majora's Mask 3DS, then gently caress Nintendo foreva

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

elf help book posted:

I'm going to buy the Reggie Amiibo.

Real talk; I want a Reggie and Iwata Amiibo. Probably the only 2 I'd ever buy.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Terper posted:

Man, can't wait for tommorow's SMTxFE gameplay!!

I like you, friend.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone actually give a poo poo about Watch Dogs anymore

I lost all interest in that game when it was so heavily delayed, then I got AC4 and now I have no interest in sandbox games not about pirates.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How long was it until the direct? I remember hearing that it was at 10 but didn't catch the timezone

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How long was it until the direct? I remember hearing that it was at 10 but didn't catch the timezone

9 hours from now.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

10pm UK time which is in 9 hours.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh dang, woke up early just in case so now I feel a bit silly :v:

Thanks for the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

They need to make another SM3DW before the people run out of the drugs they were on when they made the first game.

• Locked thread