Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Linedance posted:

That is a beautiful colour on your Thunderbird. Also, Z. Zauz?

loving cool as hell, dude! Once in a lifetime experience!

That's actually Felipe Massa's signature. I guess when you sign it thousands of times you streamline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
or when you get smacked in the face with a spring it fucks you up some

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

xzzy posted:

Nah, you just read too much into it. I don't give a poo poo if it's a Mustang now or in the past.

I just saw the picture and briefly hoped Ken Block was making a video in a RWD vehicle, I'd love to see it.

He kinda did a while back.

http://youtu.be/bQgmdHzqtqA

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kill-9 posted:

A couple shots from the stands of us on the track. First shot is a Sky Sports screen shot.

My dashboard was defaced at the end of the parade.

Yeah, feeling pretty jealous of you at the moment. That must have been an amazing experience

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I don't know if the car itself is awesome since it's kind of a gimmick roof thing, but it's awesome that I saw one of 559 that were made. And how patriotic that it was on election day. SuperAmerica!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
RIP Wayne Static

I hope the Bronco is well treated and properly whipped offroad in his absence.

somewhat NSFW: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/general-4x4-discussion/1514361d1414997599-static-x-bronco-build-up-thread-dsc_0059.jpg

That's his wife, not a hired starlet.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Not everyone is dying to see a GTR, but I seriously think they are the coolest things ever. It is always a good time to see one of these bad machines.

My new dreamcar right here. I could sleep in the back of that ride.

e: nice rig, SD-455.. the Pontiac isn't bad either.

A3th3r fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 5, 2014

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Gran Turismo inspired lust aside, I always thought they looked really cool in an understated sort of way

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax

A3th3r posted:

Two of my favorite things, Mila Kunis and a Firebird

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Never seen a Smart Roadster in the flesh before

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
Saw this driving around town a month or so ago.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Kill-9 posted:

Felipe Massa sitting in my backseat being interviewed by Sky Sports.

:eyepop:
Lucky

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

I just realized I did capture a pic of his watch. I'd noticed it at the time but his sleeve covered it during the ride before I could get a good look. That watch is easily worth more than 3X my car's value.

It's a Richard Mille RM011 Felipe Massa Flyback. List price $115K

I should have offered a trade on the spot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kill-9 posted:

I just realized I did capture a pic of his watch. I'd noticed it at the time but his sleeve covered it during the ride before I could get a good look. That watch is easily worth more than 3X my car's value.

It's a Richard Mille RM011 Felipe Massa Flyback. List price $115K

I should have offered a trade on the spot.

Thing looks like it could function as a bludgeoning weapon too. Need anyone dead? Just smack them with your six figure watch.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdWEfbmCyU

This is totally the right thread for this, by the way.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

It would be great if you could repost this in the F1 thread in SAS, don't know how many of those goons make it into here. Thanks

Kill-9 posted:

I debated a thread of its own but decided that while it's awesome as hell to me it probably didn't need a whole thread. Sorry for the number of pics. I have a shitload more but these are the best.

Last Sunday I got to drive my '61 Thunderbird around CotA. On USGP day, with 100,000 people in the stands, on international TV, with Felipe Massa riding on back. I think I mentioned I was going to do this in a thread somewhere. If there's interest I'll do a longer write up in its own small thread with more pics.

Showed up at the track at 06:30 on race day.

The parade cars were lined up outside the grandstand gate in the shadow of Turn 1.

Lined up in the paddocks just before the parade. Turn 1 in the background.

Lined up on the front straight ready to pick up our fares.

Vettel took over driving duties of the Cobra in front of me.

A couple shots from the stands of us on the track. First shot is a Sky Sports screen shot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A3th3r posted:

Not everyone is dying to see a GTR, but I seriously think they are the coolest things ever. It is always a good time to see one of these bad machines.

My new dreamcar right here. I could sleep in the back of that ride.

IMO it's one of the nicest cars ever designed. It's a very handsome car, the lines on it are spot on and it looks mean without being silly with it. The R35 just had no hope of looking anywhere near as good.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Kill-9 posted:

Last Sunday I got to drive my '61 Thunderbird around CotA. On USGP day, with 100,000 people in the stands, on international TV, with Felipe Massa riding on back. I think I mentioned I was going to do this in a thread somewhere. If there's interest I'll do a longer write up in its own small thread with more pics.

I'm double jealous, not only because of your sweet ride, and meeting Felipe Massa, but also because Austin had an awesome drivers parade. When I went to the Chinese GP back in April they just loaded all the drivers on top of a lame double decker bus with no roof.

Edit; I'm actually happy that Chinese don't care about classic cars, prices are already jacked up enough as is!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this got posted on the Roadkill Facebook feed

......hmmmmmmm

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Camry:

more here
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/photos-2015-sema-toyota-camry-sleeper#slide-1

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo that's cool. Too bad the R&T article is just a slideshow that vomits up another ad every other picture.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Terrible Robot posted:

Holy poo poo that's cool. Too bad the R&T article is just a slideshow that vomits up another ad every other picture.

The only sour note I can think of is that it's not a Tanmry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csiEGR5BnHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLHxaVVB4V4

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

VikingSkull posted:

this got posted on the Roadkill Facebook feed

......hmmmmmmm

Who is that on the left?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Snapped this on my visit to Las Vegas. I called it america.jpg and show it to anyone who asks me about what it was really like there:

Gonna put it in this thread because why the hell not!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

mobby_6kl posted:

Snapped this on my visit to Las Vegas. I called it america.jpg and show it to anyone who asks me about what it was really like there:

Gonna put it in this thread because why the hell not!

The most American part is that the drive-thru lanes will actually accommodate a Hummer H1.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

xzzy posted:

Thing looks like it could function as a bludgeoning weapon too. Need anyone dead? Just smack them with your six figure watch.

They're extremely light, apparently.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Peak winter AI

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Kill-9 posted:

I debated a thread of its own but decided that while it's awesome as hell to me it probably didn't need a whole thread. Sorry for the number of pics. I have a shitload more but these are the best.

Showed up at the track at 06:30 on race day.

The parade cars were lined up outside the grandstand gate in the shadow of Turn 1.

Lined up in the paddocks just before the parade. Turn 1 in the background.

Lined up on the front straight ready to pick up our fares.

Vettel took over driving duties of the Cobra in front of me.

Owns.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

angryhampster posted:

Peak winter AI

gently caress yeah, I'd die happy if I could do something like that.

Kind of worried about visibility in that car though, is it just me or is the entire windshield frosted over except for a 5 inch gap at the top?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A friend of mine has bought an ex touring car M3 with a S65 V8. It's going to be fast.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

xzzy posted:

Kind of worried about visibility in that car though, is it just me or is the entire windshield frosted over except for a 5 inch gap at the top?

I think it's just glare and I believe it's a magazine scan.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bape Culture posted:

A friend of mine has bought an ex touring car M3 with a S65 V8. It's going to be fast.

Good loving god.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Bape Culture posted:

Holy poo poo, thats gonna be a beast.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Bape Culture posted:

He is going to need stickier tires.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

It's the opposite! At the top is a banner. I can see the guy doing the hang loose symbol through the windshield. It's just the picture quality as mentioned.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I live on the outskirts of a small, relatively poor city in Ohio (the average household income is something like $37k a year) and the newest 'upper-end' sports car I ever see is an occasional new vette and the one same GTR . So my jaw dropped when I saw this beast parked outside the hospital today:

Any idea of what year model this is? That thing was wide and sexy as hell.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Bape Culture posted:

You need to keep us updated on this build with a ton of photos.