Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

I don't really know why you weren't expecting that

Because that's not a normal thing to do when you leave a guild because you disagree over what is a fun thing to do in a video game. Especially when you're leaving because goons are killing pubbies because that's pretty much default behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Eonwe posted:

so is The Repopulation as bad as it looks

I need to know what sandbox we can all poo poo in next

From the crafting list and the various bits of footage, this game looks like archeage and firefall are having a baby.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BERGfu posted:

Also Drinkfish buy me repopulation if you can so we can make wood glue in a 45 step process because I'm getting bored of warframe again.

lets do this poo poo

ill do the first 20 steps,you do the other 25

it'll be more efficient and then we'll be wood glue barons

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

gwrtheyrn posted:

I don't really know why you weren't expecting that

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Ok, I'm looking.

What am I looking at here. My eyes glazed over.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

This is precisely my poo poo.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
That HCl recipe :smithicide:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Does Repopulation have PVP?

I need to know because I see it has fishing, and I'd like to combine these together, as is tradition.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

This is precisely my poo poo.

About 5 months ago I was playing in the alpha for this and was presented at the start of the game with a decision. Allow me into your imagination so you can experience this along with me.

You are a being far into the future of mankind. The spaceships and robots are all around you. You are a clone of your orginal human self. Everything reeks of high technology that would make any science fiction writer jump for joy.

Before you stands a group of tables. Behind each table a ncp flashes into existence as the game world is running off the Hero engine and streaming in content. On each table lies the weapons of the future. The pinnacle of technology. Before you sits ...

A Tomahawk. A Sword. A Morningstar. (And a collection of firearms.)

Welcome to the future.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hello I am cabel and I am from the future.

the repopulation has the spergiest crafting I've seen in some time. Wood glue is needed for almost everything possible and you need to get sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, ethylene, water, distilled water, and samr berrys to make it.

So to make wood glue, you gotta go fish for Tilapiine or the king tilapiine, get some wood rubber or animal fat, two or three different kind of plants, two different mined rocks, some good water and bad water, then you got glue.

Now you got one of the 5 ingredients needed for say I dunno light combat pants.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait, you can fish in the repopulation?

guess we have a guild again you guys

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Besides all those materials, there are grades of items based on the skill levels used to gather them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eNokCaEeHA

Just try to watch that video.

During the crafting you may get events that gently caress with you even farther.

EDIT

Ore refining made easy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Besides all those materials, there are grades of items based on the skill levels used to gather them.

During the crafting you may get events that gently caress with you even farther.

im pretty sure ive never seen a worse crafting system in a game ever

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Eonwe posted:

im pretty sure ive never seen a worse crafting system in a game ever

I know it's easy to joke about sperglords and stuff but I don't think you can legitimately get into that game without having actual autism or OCD

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

wait, you can fish in the repopulation?

guess we have a guild again you guys

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679286

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I think I might be in love with you.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

EDIT

Ore refining made easy

This is like WildStar as envisioned by Ulillillia.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So I logged into archeage because you can now and do my normal routine.

I ask if anyone has questions or problems that I need to deal with.

Ever since we had a few guys leave, I haven't had to solve any problems since they seem to be gone.

It makes guild chat and mumble much more enjoyable.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

EDIT

Ore refining made easy

Amazing that someone managed to out do gregtech in minecraft and eve online crating.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

So I logged into archeage because you can now and do my normal routine.

I ask if anyone has questions or problems that I need to deal with.

Ever since we had a few guys leave, I haven't had to solve any problems since they seem to be gone.

It makes guild chat and mumble much more enjoyable.

I can join and stir up some poo poo if you want

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

If no one plays the game you have no one to create problems.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I still haven't seen or heard from the guy that spent 30+ hours of game time attempting to assemble a single leg of a robot solo. I like to think he is still dead in his apartment with rats feasting on his flesh. Mental images such as that really drive me as a survivor of the ebola apocalypse by being an angry antisocial shut in gently caress that operates in a world of bubbles and green food dye.

Hello I am cabel and I am from the future.

I AM A FIRE WIZARD LOOK AT MY FIRE!!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I removed anyone under lvl 50 that hasn't logged in in a month. If anyone does want to still play and you've been kicked, please pm me and I'll get you back in. As well, if anyone was accidentally kicked, please message me as well. I tried to be super careful so I don't think anyone active was kicked.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I'll be playing once I get internet back (archdukebuttsavage). Or maybe not and laugh at all the goons I owe money too, that also sounds nice.

Cestus
Dec 9, 2007
Archeage account for trade/sale

Not sure if this is the right forum but meh.
Got both the $150 supporter packs and about 6 or so months of patron status. A built manor and 16x16 farm in safe zones. Full GHA heroic and all hasla weapons. Most jobs maxed. Feel free to email me at Cestus@gmail.com or reply here for info.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cestus posted:

Got both the $150 supporter packs and about 6 or so months of patron status. A built manor and 16x16 farm in safe zones. Full GHA heroic and all hasla weapons. Most jobs maxed. Feel free to email me at Cestus@gmail.com or reply here for info.

:whitewater:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:havlat: OP Updated with new guild information for <Disco Inferno> Kyrios West :havlat:

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Can someone invite Harlox to the Goon Squad Guild please?

Thanks.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cestus posted:

good price, terrible idea. Things for sale go in SA-Mart
Try playerauctions you probably wont get more than $200, your time isnt worth poo poo.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 6, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Widestancer posted:

:havlat: OP Updated with new guild information for <Disco Inferno> Kyrios West :havlat:

Thank you!

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

good price, terrible idea. Things for sale go in SA-Mart
Try playerauctions

Out of curiosity, is playerauctions worth the 10% sellers fee?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LunaDeus posted:

Out of curiosity, is playerauctions worth the 10% sellers fee?

do you know another service that acts as escrow to sell your nonexistent items?

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

do you know another service that acts as escrow to sell your nonexistent items?

I suppose not :saddowns:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Watch people flip out in chat when you say you're buying "Server Merge Land Protection Scrolls", or trading for "Server Merge Name Protection Scrolls".

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Thunderbro posted:

I know it's easy to joke about sperglords and stuff but I don't think you can legitimately get into that game without having actual autism or OCD

The problem is, as gwrtheyrn alluded to, the HCl recipe is horribly, horribly wrong. There's no Chlorine in it whatsofucking ever, which means that even if you are a sperglord, OCD, or have even the most passing knowledge of high school chemistry, you're going to be bothered by the crafting system.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So I kind of stopped giving a gently caress about this game for the past month, I thought everything was relatively stable on the "everyone being dumbasses" front but apparently not. What happened and what did I miss?

I did hear about the guild getting tricked by Forest Crows and losing out on a castle, which is hilarious and exactly what I saw coming the second that Dodgy said we were going to be working with them.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

So I kind of stopped giving a gently caress about this game for the past month, I thought everything was relatively stable on the "everyone being dumbasses" front but apparently not. What happened and what did I miss?

I did hear about the guild getting tricked by Forest Crows and losing out on a castle, which is hilarious and exactly what I saw coming the second that Dodgy said we were going to be working with them.

? That's not what happened at all.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

? That's not what happened at all.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Goons wanted to spend their time fishing for money, other goons wanted to do things that were actually fun, including stealing fish that pubbies had spent time fishing for money. The problem for those goons was that in order for people to be able to fish they had to make deals with basically everyone to not be aggressive around fishing holes. Now again this wouldn't be a problem because as mentioned, robbing people who are fishing is just as effective at making money as fishing yourself and is also cheaper, but some people did not want to fight other players and instead wanted to make deals and fish fish. These two groups of goons got mad at each other. One of the fishing goons bugged Dodgy to take care of this by kicking Kimsemus who had raided some fishing spots in accordance with some rules that had been set up but weren't intended to be followed or something, but Dodgy is busy with family stuff so his solution was to give the guild to Tatersyum who immediately started booting people from the guild. This started with the head of the PVP group of goons but went on to include a lot of people from both groups. Then he gave the guild to jerkjerk and went back to wicked. Jerkjerk reinvited basically everyone but one of the fishing goons decided he didn't invite his friend fast enough or something so the fishing goons took off with the entire guild bank and started their own guild. This is the hard reason why there is no castle but there are many softer reasons including that goons are not numerous or geared or effective enough to defend one. Forest Crow had really nothing to do with it at all. Once again, the enemy is us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wow. That's even worse and somehow more depressing than what I thought happened.

The "FC hosed them and ended up with two castles" thing came from a friend who has a friend in Sugoi, though, so I'm not surprised it's kind of entirely wrong.

Definitely glad I wasn't there for any of that, though. Now I probably don't even want to start playing again.

• Locked thread