Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

Do you have a link to something that resembles a template? This is my first time dealing with wheel fitment bullshit and it's frustrating.

Why not just run some stock Lexus alloys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What is the 'action camera' to buy if I only want to spend like $200 on Amazon? It's to strap to a motorcycle since my Hero died in a crash earlier this year.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

bandman posted:

Medication can be tremendously helpful, but it's only a small piece of the puzzle.

FTFY, but :siren: :siren: :siren: You loving nailed it.

I'm not claiming to be an expert in psychopharmacology, or psychology for that matter, but from what I've gathered through various conversations with some healthcare professionals and social workers on the subject, most of the world tends to use behavioral therapy over drug therapy in treating ADD/ADHD when compared with the US.

I'm not saying DONT take the drugs, but make sure they're part of a strategy. It's way to easy to find an answer in a pill bottle, and I don't think it helps in the long run because efficacy drops and then you're back to square one. Build a tool set to handle it, and work with it, not against it.

</soap box>

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone happen to know why when my computer tries to go to sleep it immediately turns back on like a gremlin is moving the mouse?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
ADD/ADHD Medication-chat: anyone not happy with adderall, try vyvance if your insurance covers it. It's way less "I am totally medicated right now", and often times I would forget I was on it. It doesn't have the sharp come-up and crash x-hours later feeling either, as it has to be metabolized into its active chemical by the liver, and the liver can only do so much of it at once. The fact that it can't be instantly in your bloodstream is also appealing to providers and insurance as it means it's not going up anyone's nose.

leica posted:

Anyone happen to know why when my computer tries to go to sleep it immediately turns back on like a gremlin is moving the mouse?
Wake on LAN packets?

spookykid fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 6, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Sleep time is in sync with the mouse itself (or something else) going into standby mode?

Or, yeah, gremlins.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

run a command prompt and type powercfg -lastwake and see if that tells you anything useful.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

Why not just run some stock Lexus alloys?

Width and availability of second hand wheels. Trying to track down Supra TT rear wheels in good condition is pretty low on the list of things I want to do.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

There's an interesting old guy who's lived on my street for years. He's got a beater old E30 and some kind of well-worn old Chevy truck set up for camping trips. When he moved there, he was constantly outside tinkering on that beat up old BMW - it's a piece of poo poo, but you could tell how much he loves it. His garage is the ownage kind that barely has enough room to move because it is filled with tool chests and grinders and manuals. I didn't see him for awhile, and then one day he was back outside in a robe, with an IV stand, hovering over the open hood of the e30. I stopped to say hi and apparently he'd suffered a couple of bad strokes, but was okay and still tinkering. I saw him less and less, but today I was driving home in my E46 and saw his hood up/door open, so I pulled up to say hi again.

Poor old guy was just sitting in the driver's seat looking pale and weak as hell, with a dogeared old manual on his lap. I asked him how the BMW was running; he said he couldn't get it started. I offered a jump, but he has a new battery in it and suspects the starter solenoid. I offered to help him smack it with a rubber mallet, and he laughed and insisted otherwise, despite my repeated offers. We shared a joke about German cars and I told him to come get me if he ever needs a hand with poo poo.

I drove my E46 home and parked it next to my well-worn old Jeep set up for camping trips; the glimpse into the future was not lost on me. Seeing him sitting there all pallid and weak bummed me the gently caress out. Age is a motherfucker, swap axles and do dumb AI stuff before it's too late dudes.

I love this story but it makes me sad :smith:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

jamal posted:

Oh yeah, the higher offset wheels have a slightly different spoke shape, especially the 17x9 +45. The same wheel in 17x8 +45 actually has way more brake caliper clearance. The +35 or +22 version should be fine though., and I'm pretty sure you can get a template to print/cut out and put on your hub like brake mfgs do. For example look at the rear vs the front on this picture I found:

God dammit I wish they made those in 5x4.75".

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

God dammit I wish they made those in 5x4.75".

They do. 5x120 is close enough to work.
e: Hubcentric rings will be your friend. Wobble nuts will be nice if you're paranoid.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 6, 2014

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BlackMK4 posted:

They do. 5x120 is close enough to work.
e: Hubcentric rings will be your friend. Wobble nuts will be nice if you're paranoid.

I've heard both arguments for running 5x120 wheels on 5x4.75 lugs.

"It's less than a mm, it's fine."
"DON'T DO THAT IDIOT! YOU'LL KILL YOURSELF!"

If I eventually pick up some bigger brakes where I have to step up to an 18" wheel, I'll probably shop for 5x120.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CharlesM posted:

run a command prompt and type powercfg -lastwake and see if that tells you anything useful.

Type: Device
Instance Path: USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&9043166&0
Description: USB root hub

what does this mean

Phone posted:

Width and availability of second hand wheels. Trying to track down Supra TT rear wheels in good condition is pretty low on the list of things I want to do.

How expensive is it to cut/weld an alloy wheel to make it wider?

Guess I should be asking what the budget is too.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 6, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Viggen posted:

So, in lieu of what I was supposed to pick up (yet again), I got to pick though the leftovers. Anybody want some cassettes?

I don't think they prescribe Dex anymore, fwiw.

What cassettes you got?

Also, apparently a side effect of Effexor is being "unable to finish"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

leica posted:

what does this mean

You've got a USB device waking your poo poo up. Got any external HDDs?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

leica posted:

what does this mean

Something in your USB devices is preventing it from sleeping.

You can open device manager, look at the properties of your USB devices, and uncheck "Allow to wake" or something along those lines.

If it still does it, consider going to control panel, power options, advanced, sleep timers, and disable them.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BlackMK4 posted:

What is the 'action camera' to buy if I only want to spend like $200 on Amazon? It's to strap to a motorcycle since my Hero died in a crash earlier this year.

I have a Hero2, two 3+ Black editions and the Replay XD1080. You can probably find the replay XD720 new for around that price. I really like my XD1080. There are gobs of mounts, great FOV, low profile, and tough! Audio quality is meh, but so is every other action cam. I imagine if you went cruising local classifieds you could find a hero3+ silver for $200.

Found out that my clutch slave cylinder push rod had a chunk that apparently broke off and fell into the trans on the M3. Going to be a few more labor hours to fish it out and see if anything else is frigged up. :chloe:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, apparently a side effect of Effexor is being "unable to finish"

I'm on Lexapro and inability to orgasm is one of the side effects. I've traded sexual enjoyment for the ability to function on a day-to-day basis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Am I the only AIer not on meds?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

You've got a USB device waking your poo poo up. Got any external HDDs?

I've got an external drive but I've had it for awhile before this started happening.

Rhyno posted:

Does self medicating count?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Ozmiander posted:

Great racing, but the Co's voice makes me want to feed him my fist.

I forgot to mention this from a couple pages ago, but when you're driving and understand the data, it's interesting how this stuff stops being a nasally Scotsman's voice, and starts becoming a stream-of-data pre-map of the course in your head. It's Zen-meditative/In-The-Zone kinda no-conscious-thought-just-doing sort of driving.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

I was seriously just thinking the same thing myself; that I seemed to be in the tiny minority AI posters that are totally non-medicated, legally or otherwise.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

I'm on beer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm not on meds anymore, I only take vitamins to help my hair stop thinning so goddamn fast :smith:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

I'd do it on a steel wheel, but not worth the risk at all since this is going on a Chump Car.

Who wants some cheap (but beat up) RP-F1s in 17x9 +45?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

Something in your USB devices is preventing it from sleeping.

You can open device manager, look at the properties of your USB devices, and uncheck "Allow to wake" or something along those lines.

If it still does it, consider going to control panel, power options, advanced, sleep timers, and disable them.

Nothing to help in device manager, but in advanced power options there is a "usb selective suspend setting" that can be disabled, should I try that?

[edit] forgot to add that I can put it in sleep mode manually with no issues.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 6, 2014

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

Currently on T3s that take my mouth pain from AH gently caress to just AH gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been offered meds by a VA psychiatrist and I turned them down. Did I gently caress up?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

goatse guy posted:

I've traded sexual enjoyment for the ability to function on a day-to-day basis.
:(
I hope there comes a day where you don't have to do that.

Rhyno posted:

nm posted:

I'm on beer.
Does whiskey or scotch count?

Phone posted:

I'd do it on a steel wheel, but not worth the risk at all since this is going on a Chump Car.

Who wants some cheap (but beat up) RP-F1s in 17x9 +45?
5x114 right? How beat up is beat up?

leica posted:

Nothing to help in device manager, but in advanced power options there is a " selective suspend setting" that can be disabled, should I try that?
Sure, and look for the timers one. That's what it ultimately was on the gf's computer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I'm not on meds. Yet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I'm on Lexapro and inability to orgasm is one of the side effects. I've traded sexual enjoyment for the ability to function on a day-to-day basis.

Well here's to hoping it works.

Also that's sort of amusing, as I've heard from guys on lexapro that it just totally removes sex drive and any ability to get hard.

Also my new shrink is a chick who rides a Ducati.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

mafoose posted:

:(
I hope there comes a day where you don't have to do that.

On the bright side, most of my sexual partners have been so awful that it doesn't really matter. :unsmith:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
We need a dedicated PCP to deal with AIers stressed out about whether or not their 25 year old E30 will start that day.

I really need to stop looking at what kind of S2000/Boxster I could trade my 2010 GTI in for. Especially since it's November and I live in Wisconsin.

Also yeah dudes, unfortunately most SSRIs decrease the sex drive pretty badly, although some are worse at it than others. Sorry :(.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I can't risk not getting a boner, I don't need a kid that looks like the UPS guy.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Just poo poo for blood pressure and diabeetus (very mild).
Kinda makes me grateful for what I don't have, for once.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

goatse guy posted:

On the bright side, most of my sexual partners have been so awful that it doesn't really matter. :unsmith:

Have you tried loving sober people?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Just poo poo for blood pressure and diabeetus (very mild).
Kinda makes me grateful for what I don't have, for once.

Be thankful you don't have mental and/or gastrointestinal issues like the rest of AI :smith:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rhyno posted:

Nope

goatse guy posted:

well that's unfortunate

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Lexapro really exacerbates histrionic-prone disorder people in my experience, and the chem itself is super over-prescribed, but take that as you will, I've just dealt with two close people prescribed it in the last couple years and ridiculous flare-ups of essentially sociopathic "MY WANTS ARE THE ONLY THINGS IN EXISTENCE" symptoms.

e: Lexapro more than welbutrin/celexa/sertraline/fluoxetine. I've never seen anyone go more Jekkyl/Hyde than Lexapro.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

You really should be though.

• Locked thread