Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't want to eyepop on the next page, god drat it

anyway good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you could have edited in the quote but it's too late now

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daspied posted:

Has anyone had success with planting objects in or on top of geodata, in various places where you arn't suppose to plant. Its my understanding all this data is client side.
But as an example, this is what i'm refering to.

i posted the tool for it in the last thread, someone here should still have it.
If you want to not be banned you need to plant it with an alt and delete it right after. Any Gm can just see the owner and know who to ban.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
am i doing this right. helk;p

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 7, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Lmao

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Carol Pizzamom posted:

This post, best post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
here is my go at it

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The great goonfucker v/s fishfucker wars is coming

Eonwe posted:

here is my go at it

Carol Pizzamom posted:

nice

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Aleth posted:

Quick and dirty, might make it a bit more fiery later:

And bloody hell at the eve thing, those are some bitter fishers!

Lol
I loving love this!

Id totally hit it. :) Made my day. Its the little things.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Neith posted:

Lol
I loving love this!

Id totally hit it. :) Made my day. Its the little things.

same ty

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Carol Pizzamom posted:

:vince:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eonwe posted:

here is my go at it

This but with a marlin instead if the girlfriend

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Hey I haven't read the last 6 pages. Recap?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

App13 posted:

Hey I haven't read the last 6 pages. Recap?

Goon Squad goons are still mad at fishing goons, fishing goons are still mad at Kimsemus

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Eminai posted:

goons are still bad

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I live for the Fives

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

or the tens for the appropriate rating systems

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

In wushu we had a guy who kept working his rear end off for the guild because he just wanted an officer rank.

We never gave it to him and instead of still working help out people more he left the game since he didn't get the power or position he thought he deserved.

He had more power being a good person who did things than what an officer position would bring.

Turns out he was just in it for the power and was a lovely person.

From what I hear about DBRB is that he is a guy that leads groups constantly so I assume someone felt like he needed power.
theres always people like that.

I lead NoxXious for years and eXopac too before finally seeing the light. Being the "power dude" is not worth all the bullshit. I have mad respect for those who love the selfless service it really takes to be a successful leader in an online community or gaming community.

Its so much more enjoyable just chillin and enjoying the game and supporting those of you who are crazy enough to lead. ;)

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

It is pretty easily actually.

Despite all of that, it doesn't change what caused the drama to begin with. Yes, Midge and DBRB are being ridiculous, and I won't even bother defending what they're doing, but progression minded goons had a legitimate beef, and while you may have been completely reasonable in trying to talk it out, many others in the guild weren't (on both sides). Also let's not lump in people leaving with the guild bank with fishers, that family left over something else entirely, as did Turtledad I think.

I have no idea what solution Kimsemus proposed, or that he had even left the guild for a while. As much as I like Kimsemus (no really), I don't really see him as making any concerted effort to appease that group. Already they're being lumped in with BFM somehow by some.

A lot of people left for a lot of different reasons, but I like to think that majority of us left because what we were looking for out of the guild wasn't being offered any more. And that actually was an issue long before you and Werkwerk took lead.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

In wushu we had a guy who kept working his rear end off for the guild because he just wanted an officer rank.

We never gave it to him and instead of still working help out people more he left the game since he didn't get the power or position he thought he deserved.

He had more power being a good person who did things than what an officer position would bring.

Turns out he was just in it for the power and was a lovely person.

From what I hear about DBRB is that he is a guy that leads groups constantly so I assume someone felt like he needed power.

wait what

who was this

Subtle Boomerang
Feb 19, 2010

meow

Eminai posted:

Goon Squad goons are still mad at fishing goons, fishing goons are still mad at Kimsemus

no wonder bfm loved playing with you guys, you're all children

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

kznlol posted:

wait what

who was this

stonetree

We only had two people ask for guild officer positions, he was one of them.

the other was xodi who just wanted dharmapala because it sounded neat and we denied it all the way

he still manage to get grokes law put in cities

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Neith posted:

I have mad respect for those who love the selfless service it really takes to be a successful leader in an online community or gaming community.

Its so much more enjoyable just chillin and enjoying the game

Ya pretty much, leading poo poo is a chore unless everyone is on the same page

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Arcade posted:

A lot of people left for a lot of different reasons, but I like to think that majority of us left because what we were looking for out of the guild wasn't being offered any more. And that actually was an issue long before you and Werkwerk took lead.

It really had nothing to do with Werkwerk or Reggin, that was only an easy out for people who already had one foot out the door. Fact is the guild wasn't really doing anything and couldn't stop fighting each other long enough to do anything worthwhile.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

What I don't get is - let's say Kimsemus is responsible for everything people say he is. Hell, lets imagine he is currently out there beating fishermen to death with a rotting marlin husk while cackling maniacally and yelling about fishing pacts and loving goons. Why the hell would you go out of your way and contact people in entirely separate game communities to get him banned from games he may or may not be playing anymore? It's not even petty at this point, that seems like a whole load of effort for a chance it may be annoying. Jesus gently caress goons, come on. Play video games, have fun.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Tairon posted:

What I don't get is - let's say Kimsemus is responsible for everything people say he is. Hell, lets imagine he is currently out there beating fishermen to death with a rotting marlin husk while cackling maniacally and yelling about fishing pacts and loving goons. Why the hell would you go out of your way and contact people in entirely separate game communities to get him banned from games he may or may not be playing anymore? It's not even petty at this point, that seems like a whole load of effort for a chance it may be annoying. Jesus gently caress goons, come on. Play video games, have fun.

It's like, two guys doing that. There is no fishing goon shadow council.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think the people doing that should be mocked ruthlessly.

spidergoats
May 20, 2001

Arcade posted:

What wasn't being offered and why couldn't you just take the initiative and make it happen? With 1200+ goons, surely you could have found a group of people to do things with.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

I think the people doing that should be mocked ruthlessly.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
theres a new game on steam for the guys who joined wicked: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520/

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

theres a new game on steam for the guys who joined wicked: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520/

Watched all the trailers, not a single fishing boat or fishing pact in sight. No sale :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What I know of DBRB and Midge is that they're the sort of suited gentlemen who work in a smoky Victorian Era parlor of space politics. They conduct themselves as gentlemen working tirelessly towards new and revolutionary things.

I feel that Kimsemus will be fine. Power is a ladder and he can climb it again.

(source of quotes: http://themittani.com/features/nc-diplomat-defects-goonswarm)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I knew he was a pretentious retard, not really a reason to kick him :)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

dont u mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/901735/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

What I know of DBRB and Midge is that they're the sort of suited gentlemen who work in a smoky Victorian Era parlor of space politics. They conduct themselves as gentlemen working tirelessly towards new and revolutionary things.

I feel that Kimsemus will be fine. Power is a ladder and he can climb it again.

(source of quotes: http://themittani.com/features/nc-diplomat-defects-goonswarm)

did you come into this thread solely to post some long rear end article that nobody is going to read

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

did you come into this thread solely to post some long rear end article that nobody is going to read

I came in to mock Kimsemus' comments on an EVE group and how he just got hosed by them.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

I came in to mock Kimsemus' comments on an EVE group and how he just got hosed by them.

Have to be honest it's really petty what they did there. I'm not invested in this at all and from the outside it looks really retarded.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

you didn't do a very good job of anything except looking like a lil bitch nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

:thumbsup:

• Locked thread