Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I was 1.5 techs away from moving to Canada and telling England to suck my Irish balls, but now they invaded. I have two of the Irish minors as marches and France and all of its allies/vassals joined in. France is wasting time decimating Portugal and Calias instead of loving up England and taking my loving country back, though. Thank god I get to stay the war leader.

France is going to peace out and leave you high and dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Somewhat related, but reaction gifs regarding mapgame topics are probably my favorite.

If I could be bothered to make one, I would make a rage comic where in the first panel I am saying metal is gay, and then le me firing up EU4 with the new song pack turned on, and final panel is viking version of the determined rage face, doing air guitar.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

France is going to peace out and leave you high and dry.

Nope. I managed to make England revoke claims, pay war reparations, and give me like 50 ducats. I have max war exhaustion now but at least I'll be rich and safe for about as long as it will take me to finish Dip tech 7.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If I could be bothered to make one, I would make a rage comic where in the first panel I am saying metal is gay, and then le me firing up EU4 with the new song pack turned on, and final panel is viking version of the determined rage face, doing air guitar.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In some ways it sounds like it's the kind of metal I would hate, but I feel like if I heard it, just knowing it's based on EU would make me think it's awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

In some ways it sounds like it's the kind of metal I would hate, but I feel like if I heard it, just knowing it's based on EU would make me think it's awesome.

It's extremely Scandinavian. If you are a beta bitch who can't enjoy that then IDK how you like mapgame where playing the Norse in the medieval ages and extremely monoculture republics in the later eras are the most fleshed out things.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hate metal when it's supposed to sound like the guys what made it are gigantic epic fantasy nerds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or I guess, metal that sounds like your supposed to think it's really epic when you hear it, and your supposed to feel like if you seen the long haired blonde guy on stage you'd want to jump up there and a magical guitar is brought to you by a knight riding a steed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My love for epic things simply doesn't extend to extreme music, I guess I ought to say.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I hear that Guns, Drums, & Steel, I feel like I am actually playing the really lovely Mount & Blade set in the 1500's and I am brutally pwning Crimeans with my Swedish carbine and my lance.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I hate metal when it's supposed to sound like the guys what made it are gigantic epic fantasy nerds.

It sounds like metal made by History Nerds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like to imagine that Johan is conducting it.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I really like that AI allies switch ownership of conquered things to warleader if they don't want it. It means that when my ally drops out after 5 years of a long war.... I don't lose all the poo poo he occupied.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I really like that AI allies switch ownership of conquered things to warleader if they don't want it. It means that when my ally drops out after 5 years of a long war.... I don't lose all the poo poo he occupied.

That's so good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This permanent 50% autonomy for colonies is horseshit when my capital is on the same continent. And colonial nations will never form in all of North America because of me, so at least the AI has to suffer with me, I guess. IMO would be smarter if it started with 50% autonomy for same-continent colonization, but you can lower it to 0%.

That said I'm making bank compared to my old one province income so whatever.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That stupid distance bug is still around with the Beta patch.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Fap games lol... fapfapfap.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Holy gently caress the 30 Years War is brutal.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That stupid distance bug is still around with the Beta patch.

How did you earn that av?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

How did you earn that av?

I said that the Witcher 2 sucks donkey nards in YOSPOS.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Another cool bug: Castille can;t annex Granada's final province because they have and ally that castille can;t get to.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone notice that they getting random provinces...I ended up with freaking provence as byzantium despite having nothing to do with them. My only guess is an ally sieged it in a war and the war leader gave it to me.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DICKHEAD posted:

Holy gently caress the 30 Years War is brutal.

The Schwedentrunk (English: Swedish drink) is a method of torture and execution. The name was invented by German victims of Swedish troops during the Thirty Years' War. This method of torture was administered by other international troops, mercenaries, and marauders, and especially by civilians following the Swedish baggage train, who received no pay. It was used to force peasants or town citizens to hand over hidden money, food, animals, etc., or to extort sex from women.

Even though 15% to 20% (locally up to 60%) of the German population perished due to violence, famine, and disease during the war, the memory of the Schwedentrunk was preserved. The method was immortalized in one of the first widely read German books, the satirical Der abenteuerliche Simplicissimus published by Hans Jakob Christoffel von Grimmelshausen in 1668.

“ Den Knecht legten sie gebunden auf die Erd, stecketen ihm ein Sperrholz ins Maul, und schütteten ihm einen Melkkübel voll garstig Mistlachenwasser in Leib, das nenneten sie ein Schwedischen Trunk ”

Its English translation is:
“ They lay the bound servant on the ground, stuck a wooden wedge into his mouth, and poured into his belly a bucket full of foul manure water, which they called a Swedish Drink. ”

Use of the Schwedentrunk is recorded in the histories of towns throughout Southern Germany. Though specific circumstances differed, in every case a restrained and gagged victim was forced to swallow (by means of a funnel) a large amount of unappetizing, sometimes boiling liquid. Substances such as urine, excrement, liquid manure, and sullage were used for this purpose.

Apart from disgust, illness, and the possibility of bacterial infection, the Schwedentrunk inflicted intense gastric pain. Because liquids are incompressible, the victim's stomach and bowels must expand to painful proportions to accommodate the copious quantities of fluid. The torturers then squeezed the distended belly with wooden boards or trampled the victim underfoot.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyone notice that they getting random provinces...I ended up with freaking provence as byzantium despite having nothing to do with them. My only guess is an ally sieged it in a war and the war leader gave it to me.

Weirdly enough Charlemagne started doin this to my duke of Flanders in CK2. Like just giving me random vassals. Count in Brittany, one in Italy, and a fuckin random bishopric in France which is now hurting his opinion of me cause he wants it back... I thought it was a vassal limit thing at first but bishoprics don't even count for that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Err, loving Moldavia. I keep forgetting that they forging claims on Asia minor coast non stop and they sniping my poo poo in the war...like yeah right...I'm going to give up prime real estate to smelly gypsies who answer to Poland.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

zeal posted:

The Schwedentrunk (English: Swedish drink) is a method of torture and execution. The name was invented by German victims of Swedish troops during the Thirty Years' War. This method of torture was administered by other international troops, mercenaries, and marauders, and especially by civilians following the Swedish baggage train, who received no pay. It was used to force peasants or town citizens to hand over hidden money, food, animals, etc., or to extort sex from women.

Even though 15% to 20% (locally up to 60%) of the German population perished due to violence, famine, and disease during the war, the memory of the Schwedentrunk was preserved. The method was immortalized in one of the first widely read German books, the satirical Der abenteuerliche Simplicissimus published by Hans Jakob Christoffel von Grimmelshausen in 1668.

“ Den Knecht legten sie gebunden auf die Erd, stecketen ihm ein Sperrholz ins Maul, und schütteten ihm einen Melkkübel voll garstig Mistlachenwasser in Leib, das nenneten sie ein Schwedischen Trunk ”

Its English translation is:
“ They lay the bound servant on the ground, stuck a wooden wedge into his mouth, and poured into his belly a bucket full of foul manure water, which they called a Swedish Drink. ”

Use of the Schwedentrunk is recorded in the histories of towns throughout Southern Germany. Though specific circumstances differed, in every case a restrained and gagged victim was forced to swallow (by means of a funnel) a large amount of unappetizing, sometimes boiling liquid. Substances such as urine, excrement, liquid manure, and sullage were used for this purpose.

Apart from disgust, illness, and the possibility of bacterial infection, the Schwedentrunk inflicted intense gastric pain. Because liquids are incompressible, the victim's stomach and bowels must expand to painful proportions to accommodate the copious quantities of fluid. The torturers then squeezed the distended belly with wooden boards or trampled the victim underfoot.

the thirty years war was basically the eastern front of wwii except for six times as long

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irish OPM empire working p well. My capital is in Canada but of course thanks to the colony changes almost all of my provinces are 50% autonomy except for 1 or 2 I conquered from natives. Off screen, I'm diploannexing the last handful of Irish provinces I need to become actual Ireland. Then I'm going to release those stupid Reformed fuckers as a vassal or something so I can forget about Europe all the way.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

Irish OPM empire working p well. My capital is in Canada but of course thanks to the colony changes almost all of my provinces are 50% autonomy except for 1 or 2 I conquered from natives. Off screen, I'm diploannexing the last handful of Irish provinces I need to become actual Ireland. Then I'm going to release those stupid Reformed fuckers as a vassal or something so I can forget about Europe all the way.

This looks weird is it a mod of some kind.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

It looks like the transparent political map with the white font add-on.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Biggest Fag move by paradox has got to be "comet sighted" :razz: new responses every expansion pack XD

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Biggest Fag move by paradox has got to be "comet sighted" :razz: new responses every expansion pack XD

Lmao. Games loves those and screenshots them and post them when they get them.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus knuc why do you have a ponytar now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a mod that removes loving comet sighted. I swear to god Paradox games love to loving destroy my rear end with the RNG. all the cool non-guaranteed events never fire and i only get 2-3x more bad ones than good ones.

also the new centers of reformation own. i like that they basically never go away unless a blobmaster takes over the center. There's actually more than like 2 Reformed nations, one of which is desperately trying to steal The Papal State's lunch money before they blob over all of Italy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I get the stb drop events way less now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I get the stb drop events way less now.

It is better with the new patch but I still get mad when I see it.

P.S if you don't play with transparent poltical map + thick borders/dark water.... you might be a fail-rear end map gamer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

It is better with the new patch but I still get mad when I see it.

P.S if you don't play with transparent poltical map + thick borders/dark water.... you might be a fail-rear end map gamer.

That mod is essential for me. I don't like the white txt add-on that people seem to like tho.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
"cities demand old rights" is the worst event. Lose 30 legitimacy or 1 stab.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate the one that's like lose 2 stab or lose 1 stab + some money.

Stegosaurus
Sep 30, 2005

yeah it was like, we came in one day and there was a five-seven just chillin on airbus two. we were like, 'the hell?'

Ragg posted:

its the indie game mod lol. cos it looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That mod is essential for me. I don't like the white txt add-on that people seem to like tho.

I don't know why I like the white text. Maybe because it has that black border. I really wish there was a similar mod for CK2, though. And I also wish there was an actually good flat ground/water mod for EU4 like CK2 has. The CK2 mods make my game actually run good, but my EU4 ones make it look better even though its a lot laggier.