Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think fortune telling machines drop soul hearts anymore, unless I'm getting very unlucky with them. Also the Crystal Ball gives you the effect of both the map and the compass whenever you use it. It's good.

Yeah they still do. You are just a cursed S.O.B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think fortune telling machines drop soul hearts anymore, unless I'm getting very unlucky with them. Also the Crystal Ball gives you the effect of both the map and the compass whenever you use it. It's good.

I've gotten a couple. You're just unlucky.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
They definitely drop soup hearts still

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Anyone know what the Red Candle does? The unlock you get for donating 400 coins.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I swear there was a trinket that meant Fortunetellers only gave out stuff, but I cannot remember what it was. Lucky Toe? Was it the Luck Foot? Does it happen if you just have a load of luck?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just did a hard mode boss run and nothing dropped from them, no hearts, nothing. :psyduck:

I don't know if my game is glitched or if hard mode is just like this.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

OK fair enough. Maybe it's actually affected by in-game luck?

Alteisen posted:

Just did a hard mode boss run and nothing dropped from them, no hearts, nothing. :psyduck:

I don't know if my game is glitched or if hard mode is just like this.
Bosses not dropping hearts is a major feature of Hard, yeah.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Aww yeah. bum friend + iv bag in a dark secret room with an eternal heart. Went from 1 heart to maxed hearts on a floor. Hematemasis pills in those rooms give you four eternal hearts! :O

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

So I killed Mom and was about to go down to Womb/Utero when I noticed the door has been blown open. Went in and saw 4 items and figured "oh cool, bonus for meee" and then the truth happened. That loving boss rush :psyduck:

Unfortunately after fighting forever, I died to The Fallen. But wow that was cool.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Crosspeice posted:

I swear there was a trinket that meant Fortunetellers only gave out stuff, but I cannot remember what it was. Lucky Toe? Was it the Luck Foot? Does it happen if you just have a load of luck?

Lucky foot (Cains starting item) increases the odds of vending machines in general of actually giving items out in general. It also increases the probability of them imploding as well.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.
FYI, everyone, Mega Satan appears in Dark Room as well as the Chest.

Not sure if that was made clear, I remember seeing people specifically cite the chest.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Fire Mind is cool, killed that ghost boss in seconds.

e: does anyone know if not opening the red chest variant of the devil room counts as rejecting the devil deal?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

bucksmash posted:

So I killed Mom and was about to go down to Womb/Utero when I noticed the door has been blown open. Went in and saw 4 items and figured "oh cool, bonus for meee" and then the truth happened. That loving boss rush :psyduck:

Unfortunately after fighting forever, I died to The Fallen. But wow that was cool.

Yup. That means you beat Mom in less than 20 minutes.

Does anyone know if you can use seeds in challenges and still get the trophy at the end? If you can, VZPM-8M7N (PC) should give you a Curse of the Darkness run where the first item you get is the leech buddy, which will let you pretty much trivialize the whole "I can't see my health" issue by healing the gently caress out of you.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Dark Bum is my bro he makes Azazel runs so easy.
http://platinumgod.co.uk/dark-bum

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 7, 2014

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

^^^Dark Bum owns so loving hard

Alkydere posted:

Ah, now that makes sense. I've done absolutely zero research into Rebirth because I want everything to be a surprise, and goddamn was that a surprise.

Think I'll try Lazarus on my next run. I unlocked him without even trying lol

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
So, uhh, I found this and don't know what to do with it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337934258

It's in the negative room or whatever it's called, for those wondering if it's just another case of "WHAT DOES RAINBOW POOP DO!?"

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The worst part of Solar System is not being able to break gold poop. Really wish these dumb flies could.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Does anyone know if you can use seeds in challenges and still get the trophy at the end? If you can, VZPM-8M7N (PC) should give you a Curse of the Darkness run where the first item you get is the leech buddy, which will let you pretty much trivialize the whole "I can't see my health" issue by healing the gently caress out of you.

Do you even get the option to type in seeds for challenges?

The Cursed! challenge is... wow. loving cruel is what it is.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Isaac's collected tears + broken remote = infinite teleport!

:getin:

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.

Pumpkinreaper posted:

So, uhh, I found this and don't know what to do with it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337934258

It's in the negative room or whatever it's called, for those wondering if it's just another case of "WHAT DOES RAINBOW POOP DO!?"

Sure looks like you need a key or something.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Kaethela posted:

Do you even get the option to type in seeds for challenges?

The Cursed! challenge is... wow. loving cruel is what it is.

Ah, just checked now that I finished my run. No it doesn't.

Also, holy poo poo that was tense at the end, but I did it! Pitch Black is done! Getting the leech buddy right at the start turned something that would have probably been a nightmare into just a very, very tense run.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pitch black is horrid and i'm glad i never have to play it agai *save deletes itself*

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Tollymain posted:

pitch black is horrid and i'm glad i never have to play it agai *save deletes itself*

You just made me laugh, and cry, and laugh some more.

I'm glad I'm doing these runs before I up the difficulty of the game too much.

Edit: BTW, the pitch black effect is partially bugged, at least on my game. I start the next run (High Brow) and I STILL have the "no visible healthbar" effect.

Edit2: Oh wait, I'm dumb, was just the game giving me a basement with "Curse of the Unknown". gently caress it, game could probably have used a restart anyways.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 7, 2014

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Dark bum is only a bit overpowered on normal i think. On hard, there are less heart drops and you also have that cap on the amount of hearts you can get. I don't think it should be common or anything, but I don't think it needs to be changed at moment. I guess wait to see what exploits people find in the future

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Logan 5 posted:

e: does anyone know if not opening the red chest variant of the devil room counts as rejecting the devil deal?

I've gotten the angel room a number of times after opening the chests. I'm pretty sure the game just checks to see if you got a devil room and if you actually bought something from him.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I had a run where my tears became so big I couldn't dodge projectiles in front of me because they were obscured. First world item problems.

Finally got Sampson along with Dark Boy as well though. Would of gotten Mama's Boy if I didn't get clipped by one of those loving moles while running through womb. gently caress those things.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I went through the High Brow challenge, found a Devil Room that was offering 3 Guppy items at once so I got Guppy Mode, then found a Dice Room with a 6 and rerolled my everything. I kept Guppy Mode but wound up with some sick combination of magnetic shots that bounce off walls and freeze monsters, further randomized by the 3 Dollar Bill.

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006
God, I wish I'd remembered to write down this seed. Ipecac + Monstro's Lung + Brimstone Buddy + Dark Bum let me sleepwalk all the way through the Dark Room.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

Color Printer posted:

BFF Fly is the shittiest familiar and I will never willingly pick it up again.

Is that the fat fly? I like it, blocks bullets better than even Meat Boy :unsmith:

Logan 5 posted:

Both times I picked up Rainbow Baby but I'm pretty sure that's what causes me to occasionally fire explosive bullets like Fire Bomb ability :argh:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do none of the challenges have treasure rooms? I thought that was only the purist one.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

The lucky rock is absolutely amazing with bum friend. Any breakable object will give you some pennies, rooms that have huge rock structures just spew out a mountain of coins to get converted to items, kept me healed up all through the run.

trw
Dec 24, 2003

Color Printer posted:

I'm super glad the super-secret womb room quirk from the original came back and even more glad that it apparently effects completely non-random drops like Dark Bum. :allears:

Wonder how the Cathedral one (with the eternal heart) functions now......

I abused a top secret room that spawns black hearts with a lovers card and a wheel of fortune card to stock up on max black hearts so I'm guessing the cathedral ones should work as well.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

The statue thing with midas touch is a pretty solid combination.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

Do none of the challenges have treasure rooms? I thought that was only the purist one.

If it starts you with an item set, it has no treasure rooms.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Loot posted:

Is that the fat fly? I like it, blocks bullets better than even Meat Boy :unsmith:

There's another one that is basically a friendly bomb fly; I think he's referring to that one.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

drunken officeparty posted:

Wouldn't be a challenge for the item-set ones if they spawned you with items anyway.

Mind you, the Doctor Fetus challenge from the original was so broken, you'd always find both secret rooms making treasure rooms moot

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
Does anyone know if the 9 lives Dead Cat trick still works? The one where you can use it to fight the same boss 8 times and get a ton of items?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ It does not.

Ugh, the Horsemen can drop both the bandage ball and the cube of meat during the same run. Means that even if you get lucky and get fight four Horsemen in the same run there's still only a 12.5% chance they'll all give the same item.

Also the Suicide King challenge sure doesn't lie. I think that's probably going to be the hardest challenge for me. The only easy way I can see of doing it is resetting until you get Pyromaniac but I've only seen that in Treasure rooms.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 7, 2014

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

RatHat posted:

Ugh, the Horsemen can drop both the bandage ball and the cube of meat during the same run. Means that even if you get lucky and get fight four Horsemen in the same run there's still only a 12.5% chance they'll all give the same item.

I wonder if you can re-roll one into the other with a rune or the D6? That's the only way I see of getting the meat boy achievement because I've only gotten a level 2 meat boy once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
^^^
Maybe, I was able to re-roll a horseman item into a non-horseman item.

Alkydere posted:

Nah you can't. I just tried doing that after completely loving myself out of an easy boss-rush win by picking up soy milk thinking it was chocolate milk, the achievements you would earn don't count when you use a seed.