Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Piracy is so loving profitable than fishing without your own boat if you do it right, I don't even know why you'd even bother unless you really suck at pvp.

I was in a piracy group tonight that was being fed coordinates from a disgruntled member of the target guild, and we ended getting 3-4 fish each for less than 45 min of work. Way more fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

It is pretty easily actually.

Kimsemus tried for a solution when werkwerk and I showed up.
The fishers did not and kept repeating the history of fishing even when asked not to.
Kimsemus left the guild voluntarily to prevent issues.
The fishers not satisfied, after a few days also left.

One side acted much more reasonable when sat down and asked to find a solution.

The other side is a collection of the following
"No one will ever respect you because you are level 1"
"You guys are just imp zone trolls"
"You haven't suffered enough to lead the guild"
"You haven't helped out enough in this game, screw other games with goons"
I will get you banned from any goon group I can
We worked so hard and all of our plans were thrown away. No we would not like to work together from now on.
We want the old fishing rules back. So they are still in effect? *continues to complain for 30 minutes*
"You kicked my family member, I'm outie. I took the guild bank with me"
"I didn't want to be guild leader except the officers having decided that I will be guild leader, let me leave with all the castle materials"
"You didn't respond to me fast enough. I don't care if people were constantly messaging you about fishing and you were busy."
"Kimsemus is the real goon fucker here, not all these guys who actively hosed the guild and refused to work together"

For the most part, the people who had issues, and therefor created drama, left when they didn't get their way even when things they asked for were agreed upon. When asked to work towards the future, they left. The pvp group said the future sounded cool and hip.

I really only tried to work with the leadership from the moment true leadership emerged. What existed before jerkjerk/Reggin wasn't guild leadership, it was a bunch of lobbyist PVE officers that happily sacrificed half the guild and the content they wanted to line their pockets with worthless internet currency.

Fishing goons have basically gotten me kicked from any ancillary community I've been a part of in SA. Star Citizen, TMC, EVE goons, etc.

People like Midge, or Malakesh, or whoever can sit there and go smugsmugsmug, look at us, we really showed him.

Except, I don't loving care. I fought the good fight. The way I see it, you guys cashed me out of Star Citizen while the going was good, and I don't even play EVE anymore. So uh, good job. If I ever do play EVE again (doubtful), I'll just rejoin NCdot, because unlike midge and others, 98% of people on the internet are not petty autists who get so loving raged about a video game they go and try to trash my rep in other games. Because it's nothing personal -- it's just business.

Ever since you, Midge, and the other fishing goons left, it's been like a dream in Goonswarm. No drama, no hate, just fun.

I'm hated by some EVE goons because I hate pedophiles and took a stand against them. I wear that like a badge of honor. I'm hated by some random nobody MMO goons because I'm a big internet meanie that tries to PVP in a PVP-centric game. Good. I don't do it for you -- I do it for the other 95% of goons that have fun and enjoy content. Maybe you'll learn not to follow EVE-director tough guy idiots like Gicir and learn to run diplomacy in games at above an elementary level.

You haven't done anything at all to hurt me, you've only liberated me further to do what I do best -- PVP in PVP games. You now, stupidly, have no leverage over me, just like you lost all your leverage to fish in peace when you idiots left for Wicked.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

im asking Space Important people why he was kicked

It could have been something as simple as my not logging in for almost 2 months really, but I'm curious.

:toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 7, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deki posted:

Piracy is so loving profitable than fishing without your own boat if you do it right, I don't even know why you'd even bother unless you really suck at pvp.

I was in a piracy group tonight that was being fed coordinates from a disgruntled member of the target guild, and we ended getting 3-4 fish each for less than 45 min of work. Way more fun too.

Actually if you really suck at PvP, attacking fishing boats is exactly what you should be doing. Kind of doubt you managed 3-4 fish each in less than 45 minutes, but it's more money than blocking carts in Ynystere, since those guys can't even put packs in your cart.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

:eyepop:

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
loving poo poo is this an MMORPG or a drama simulator? I have played for 2 weeks now and have never ran into such /wrist as this poo poo. Get over it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Deki posted:

My spreadsheet says it's 9% more profitable to spend all of my time playing a fishing minigame, and with the mechanics of cargo hull fillage of fishing boats your chances of actually finding a full boat are less than 30%, so why would you even bother.

It's just math. :reject:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Arcade posted:

Actually if you really suck at PvP, attacking fishing boats is exactly what you should be doing. Kind of doubt you managed 3-4 fish each in less than 45 minutes, but it's more money than blocking carts in Ynystere, since those guys can't even put packs in your cart.

"According to this spreadsheet you're lying about your fishiary income."

:reject:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I didn't realize goons who fished were depriving other goons of content. gently caress, I guess it's on us then. drat, trying to get the guild geared for Auroria, such PvE pussies.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

I didn't realize goons who fished were depriving other goons of content. gently caress, I guess it's on us then. drat, trying to get the guild geared for Auroria, such PvE pussies.

Howd that work out

jeffraider
Jul 22, 2001
FUCK YOU.

Kimsemus posted:

I really only tried to work with the leadership from the moment true leadership emerged. What existed before jerkjerk/Reggin wasn't guild leadership, it was a bunch of lobbyist PVE officers that happily sacrificed half the guild and the content they wanted to line their pockets with worthless internet currency.

Fishing goons have basically gotten me kicked from any ancillary community I've been a part of in SA. Star Citizen, TMC, EVE goons, etc.

People like Midge, or Malakesh, or whoever can sit there and go smugsmugsmug, look at us, we really showed him.

Except, I don't loving care. I fought the good fight. The way I see it, you guys cashed me out of Star Citizen while the going was good, and I don't even play EVE anymore. So uh, good job. If I ever do play EVE again (doubtful), I'll just rejoin NCdot, because unlike midge and others, 98% of people on the internet are not petty autists who get so loving raged about a video game they go and try to trash my rep in other games. Because it's nothing personal -- it's just business.

Ever since you, Midge, and the other fishing goons left, it's been like a dream in Goonswarm. No drama, no hate, just fun.

I'm hated by some EVE goons because I hate pedophiles and took a stand against them. I wear that like a badge of honor. I'm hated by some random nobody MMO goons because I'm a big internet meanie that tries to PVP in a PVP-centric game. Good. I don't do it for you -- I do it for the other 95% of goons that have fun and enjoy content. Maybe you'll learn not to follow EVE-director tough guy idiots like Gicir and learn to run diplomacy in games at above an elementary level.

You haven't done anything at all to hurt me, you've only liberated me further to do what I do best -- PVP in PVP games. You now, stupidly, have no leverage over me, just like you lost all your leverage to fish in peace when you idiots left for Wicked.

It could have been something as simple as my not logging in for almost 2 months really, but I'm curious.

:toot:

quote:

I'm going to be clear on two things, and I want you to read very very carefully.

I work in law IRL. I don't like to do things or kick people based on a lack of evidence or jump to conclusions. As it was explained to me, by multiple people not making GBS threads up the AA thread on SA, this was EVE drama that had spilt over into AA. Again, someone leaked a screencap of a forum post, to me it just seemed like a witch hunt, based on the context of the conversations I was having at the time, both from other people involved and BFM.

If you think really rationally, if you go by the level of evidence offered in this thread, goons can just start accusing each other of being pedos at will to get people kicked, if we're going to keep the burden of proof that low. Maybe things were going on behind the scenes, maybe I don't see the whole picture, but based on the evidence I saw, that was my stance, and I'm not going to backtrack on it or apologize. I don't really know BFM outside of games I've played here, but I'd take that stance to defend anyone instead of immediately hopping on a bandwagon until I was convinced of wrongdoing. That may piss people off, but there are two sides to every story and I'm interested in hearing both before making a decision.

In addition to that, this was discussed last night. I got involved late, but at the time, our guild leader was convinced (again, based on the evidence he had) that him staying was fine. Based on that, I followed his judgment. I'm an officer in the guild as well, so if there was wrongdoing there I take partial responsibility. That's how I see it.

I'm not sorry, however, that I don't immediately jump on bandwagons and convict people of wrongdoing right out of the gate. If it turns out BFM really is a pedophile, and all the accusations are true, then fine, he got what he deserves.

At this point if everyone agrees with him being gone is the right thing to do, fine. But I'm not sorry about immediately turning on someone having just walked into that situation and being told specifically to suppress false rumors. (Again based on evidence at the time)

Badge of Honor.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Arcade posted:

"According to my spreadsheets, fishing pacts only closed off 72% of the fishing targets on green side. There were plenty of other targets for goons to choose from, and avoiding the "safefishers" *laughs, wheezes, sucks on inhaler* only results in a 32% loss of profit for the goons who want to "pvp".

:reject:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Howd that work out

Pretty good actually, managed to get 5/7 set of mag lake to heroic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Arcade, after the kraken fight with wicked, were they still willing to help goons in auroria

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

jeffraider posted:

Badge of Honor.

Jeffraider -- PL director in EVE who knowingly harbored pedohpile BFM in his alliance for years.

Whereas I recanted my statements and witch hunted BFM and his followers as soon as I learned the truth.

Welcome to the thread, you're late.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 7, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jeffraider posted:

Badge of Honor.

So, what about BobFromMarketing do you feel made him the biggest asset to your alliance?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

jeffraider posted:

Badge of Honor.

Lol did you just post history quote in tyool 2014?

Lmao

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Tell us, jeffraider, how many schoolyards did you have to go to at bfm's behest?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did BobFromMarketing pull the crucial icelandic teen demographic into your alliance

jeffraider
Jul 22, 2001
FUCK YOU.

Kimsemus posted:

Jeffraider -- PL director in EVE who knowingly harbored pedohpile BFM in his alliance for years.

Whereas I recanted my statements and witch hunted BFM and his followers as soon as I learned the truth.

Welcome to the thread, you're late.

Did the proof meet ur irl law job standards?

just wondering if you are a hypocrite or retard :)

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

Arcade, after the kraken fight with wicked, were they still willing to help goons in auroria

My sense of time is skewed, I can't remember if that was before or after Dodgy had talked to them about helping with that, but I thought it fell apart due to the FC deal on Freedich.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from what I understand, BFM was really good at funneling wool to the Archeage guild

did he perform similar services to the EVE corp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jeffraider posted:

hey

fucko

nobody cares about your creepy e-feud with Kimsemus

answer our questions about BFM

thanks

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
*girl scout knocks on jeffraider's door*

Scout: Would you like to buy some cookies?

Jeffraider: I like your marketing skills. We could use people like you in Pandemic Legion, young madam.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

jeffraider posted:

Let's not deflect from the fact that a known pedophile was kicked from Goonswarm, and Pandemic Legion happily accepted him (including you), and knowing this, played with him for years, and then unashamedly defended him and his desires to gently caress children. Even now, you are unapologetic, because you are fine playing games with people that psychologically rape children in order to physically rape them.

I really want that to sink in for people.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

Let's not deflect from the fact that a known pedophile was kicked from Goonswarm, and Pandemic Legion happily accepted him (including you), and knowing this, played with him for years, and then unashamedly defended him and his desires to gently caress children.

:yikes:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
What's the going isk rate for 14-year-olds these days, anyway? Or is it more of a performance based benefit in your guild?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jeff, was his ship in EVE also named Icelandic Teenager or was that just for Archeage

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jeffraider posted:

Badge of Honor.

are you uba stij now

Dawning Horror
Jun 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

can we get some slash fanfiction up in here anyway tho

You guys really are set on retreading every mistake that Evegoons made, aren't you?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Luke Johnson posted:

You guys really are set on retreading every mistake that Evegoons made, aren't you?

That was no mistake that was great

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Luke Johnson posted:

Since when is slash fan fiction a mistake?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arcade posted:

There were more fishing boats than pirates. A lot of the fishermen kept their fish on the line assuming they would win due to numbers. They were wrong.

Dawning Horror
Jun 18, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

That was no mistake that was great

I was eating lunch when I first read Flight of the Burkey. That was a mistake.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

jeffraider
Jul 22, 2001
FUCK YOU.

Kimsemus posted:

Let's not deflect from the fact that a known pedophile was kicked from Goonswarm, and Pandemic Legion happily accepted him (including you), and knowing this, played with him for years, and then unashamedly defended him and his desires to gently caress children. Even now, you are unapologetic, because you are fine playing games with people that psychologically rape children in order to physically rape them.

So did someone in the victorian-era parlor like wheel over to you and present the evidence or what happened

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Axel Serenity posted:

What's the going isk rate for 14-year-olds these days, anyway? Or is it more of a performance based benefit in your guild?

Nobody buys those anymore, everybody wants those 16 year olds because, as you well know it has been proven by science to be the hottest age.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

jeffraider posted:

So did someone in the victorian-era parlor like wheel over to you and present the evidence or what happened

Where is the police report Kimsemus?

WHERE IS THE POLICE REPORT?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jeffraider posted:

did BFM require icelandic teenagers as tribute in order to agree to join your alliance or how did that play out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

someone make a SAclopedia entry about this already

• Locked thread