Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Got lucky on an Azazel run and got a god room after killing Mom's Heart for the tenth time, letting me take my rather powerful item set to the Cathedral.

Isaac STILL nearly killed me. Went in with near full health, finished with two hearts. gently caress he is a lot harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

IMJack posted:

If it starts you with an item set, it has no treasure rooms.

Except for Cursed!, which spawns you with a bunch of map items.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I'd like to state that the Haunt is the buggiest boss I've run into so far. It's the only boss that I know of that you can get an unwinnable state on. If you don't kill any of it's three little ghost buddies, the next stage won't start and he'll float there, invincible, forever. A real fun when you're doing the "High Brow" challenge and the suckers run straight into you to get e.coli-ed into poo.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Okay, could someone explain to me how the hell Flaming Tears works? It seems like your tears have a random chance of exploding like a bomb on impact. Is it actually random or is there a method to it I'm not seeing. If it's random, that's a really terrible powerup, because it means you have to play russian roulette every time an enemy wanders close to you.

During a run yesterday I got Flaming Tears via a No. 1 dice room. I spent the rest of the run seemingly taking damage at random and having no clue what was going on.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rocketlex posted:

Okay, could someone explain to me how the hell Flaming Tears works? It seems like your tears have a random chance of exploding like a bomb on impact. Is it actually random or is there a method to it I'm not seeing. If it's random, that's a really terrible powerup, because it means you have to play russian roulette every time an enemy wanders close to you.

It's random, but the flames they spawn don't hurt you. The blasts probably do though (because it's BOI).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, the Cursed! challenge was super fun. I got really lucky with Guppy's Paw and Dead Cat, so the way I did it was to die over and over and then make the 1 heart I got when respawning into 3 soul hearts :downs:
Beat Mom on the last life, to boot!

e: And on another run I got Converter + Guppy's Paw. Unlimited soul hearts!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
so I just got a pretty crazy run where I got fire mind, could move faster than any of my bullets, got the weird little guy that turns hearts into soul hearts, the dead cat, like a devil room on every floor and all sorts of poo poo. I was eventually a flying (no idea how I started flying - did not pick up flight related items - I only found out when a blast from something threw me over a pit) monster who walked into rooms and everything just died immediately, even bosses. Especially bosses.

Satan lasted 10 seconds total, even with all the forms.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
When do I start to unlock Sheol/Cathedral/etc? I can't remember and I am getting bored with runs ending on Mom's Heart. I just unlocked ???. At least the boss rush is keeping things interesting!

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Picking up that Headless Baby? I hope you've just about memorized which enemies drop damaging blood splatter, because you're probably going to run into a lot of it on accident now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rashomon posted:

When do I start to unlock Sheol/Cathedral/etc? I can't remember and I am getting bored with runs ending on Mom's Heart. I just unlocked ???. At least the boss rush is keeping things interesting!

Should be when you unlock It Lives. If you've just gotten ??? it should only be a few more kills.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So, I've decided I want to get a heart kill in with each character before I start trying my Eden runs, because I'm weird that way. Tonight I started a Maggie run, and had very low hopes at the outset because it was screwing me out of bombs left and right. I ended up not getting any game-breaking combos, in fact the most exotic thing I got was piercing damage, and I ended up keeping the yum heart the whole run (and it helped me out a LOT). But my other secret weapon was getting three pretty fly pills. I was 90% projectile proof. Mom's Heart couldn't touch me until she went into machine gun mode towards the end. So three down now, and that newest one felt so satisfying that I did it on my own merits.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does cain no longer have guaranteed good pills due to luck?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
How do I unlock Cellar and Necropolis? I got Catacombs but I don't know how, it was after a boss. Do I just beat all the bosses of a floor or something?

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Does cain no longer have guaranteed good pills due to luck?

Lucky Foot got nerfed so PhD doesn't feel useless anymore.

Guess it makes sense, but in the long run, Lazarus and Azazel are the most OP characters in Binding now. Just can't catch a break, I spose.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I already have some great ideas for the DLC! :downs: Going to post them intermittently.

Shop spacebar item augmenters like the 9 Volt, Battery, and Habit!

12 Volt - every other combat room provides two rooms of charge

Edible 12 Volt - every combat room has a 50% chance to provide two rooms of charge

Jumper Cables - every combat room has a 10% chance to provide a full charge instead of a room of charge

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hi, I'll pay 99 cents to change the brimstone fire sound if any devs are reading this

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I think I just unlocked the cathedral this run (first time it's been available after the heart room.

I also have a charged shovel. If i use the shovel...

what will happen?

EDIT: Nevermind, the answer is the shovel does NOTHING...

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 7, 2014

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Goddammit I'm so mad.

I was having an okay run, but found the 6 pip die room, and decided to go for it and reroll my items.

It gave me cursed eye.

:negative:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Does can Forever Alone and Distant Admiration carry the fear tears effect?

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Did they nerf Dr. Fetus a bit or is it just me? It doesn't seem to do the overwhelming amount of damage it used to. Not complaining or anything--I thought it was a bit OP in the original.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I just speeded to Mom with Azazel to try the Boss Rush, playing hella carelessly and just charging towards guys and unloading. Somehow by rushing around in a panic I managed to get the Dark Boy achievement, which was a surprise. I'm poo poo at this game! I did the Boss Rush but died on the second last wave. Luckily I had an extra life so I respawned in Moms boss room but I couldn't do the boss rush again. I keep going to go kill Satan and when I kill Mom's Heart I get the popup saying I got Mama's Boy, I will never again play this well~

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

BlackFrost posted:

Did they nerf Dr. Fetus a bit or is it just me? It doesn't seem to do the overwhelming amount of damage it used to. Not complaining or anything--I thought it was a bit OP in the original.

I think they nerfed bombs, actually.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I think they nerfed bombs, actually.

It's because there are more bomb modifiers. So Dr. Fetus/bombs on their own is bad. Dr. Fetus with the items that stuns all enemies when bombs go off, or the tear bombs, or so on...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't know how I've never noticed any but the first kind.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Loot posted:

Lucky Foot got nerfed so PhD doesn't feel useless anymore.

Guess it makes sense, but in the long run, Lazarus and Azazel are the most OP characters in Binding now. Just can't catch a break, I spose.
Look at this guy who doesn't have the d6 yet

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Got Meat Boy today with a monster of an Isaac run ending with beating Satan for the first time in Rebirth, Dark Bum is OP.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

So I've been playing this a lot the last two days, and I have to say that even though Cain got nerfed, Judas got a massive buff with the fact that hold the book of belial when you enter a boss room guarantees you'll get a devil room. I've gotten so many broken runs with him so far just because of that.

Also, Demon beggar follower may be one of the best items in the game now just because of how many soul hearts you can get from him.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Hahaha, the Cursed challenge. Holy poo poo, that's magnificent. I was wondering why so many people were commenting on it.

You get all the map items (map, blue map, compass) as Maggie but all the doors to non-special rooms are curse room doors.

Meanwhile, thanks to a couple lucky rolls on items I have The Pact (from a curse room, no hearts sold the devil) 20/20, the Halo, oh and Curse of the Vampire and am trivializing this run the best I can.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I've got the oddest item combination : Converter (the thing that converts soul hearts to heart containers, but doesn't need to recharge) and Broken Remote (a trinket that makes you teleport whenever you use your item)

it doesn't need me to have enough hearts to convert, so i essentially have infinite-use teleporter. I can spam space a million times until I get all the secret rooms/treasure/shops on the level without ever using any keys or bombs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's a lot of broken stuff in this game but I think the cross shield is easily the worst (best?). Its an item that gives you one free hit per room. It doesn't take up the spacebar and doesn't require charging. You just walk in a room and you get one free hit, every single time.

Its pretty ridiculous.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just had the strangest run, had a mediocre build going, jumped into some weird looking pink room and all my abilities got changed, I ended up with some follower that would give soul hearts and tears that hold in place till I let go of attack or I reached a number certain of them, I could fill the screen with them.

Then I got double shot, bunch of damage stuff and turned into Guppy and the game got trivialized, practically one shotted the heart with all the flies I was creating.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Wow what an odd run. First pickup was ipecac, and then a bunch of powerups, so it became a game of "don't kill yourself."

Then, a shield shots, which was OK but I didn't realize this means the ipecac bomb explodes when it blocks a shot.

THEN I got the daddy longlegs, which is DEFINITELY the best familiar.

THEN... well, then I got to Isaac. I could not land a shot. Everything blew up in my face. Oh well.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

IronicDongz posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't have the d6 yet

:( Don't make fun of me, I only have 13 hours so far.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

There's a lot of broken stuff in this game but I think the cross shield is easily the worst (best?). Its an item that gives you one free hit per room. It doesn't take up the spacebar and doesn't require charging. You just walk in a room and you get one free hit, every single time.

Its pretty ridiculous.

The blessed shield or whatever it was called basically got me the Spelunker & Mama's boy cheevos.

Shield shots also pretty much break the difficulty for a lot of enemies, especially Mom's Heart, since you can just destroy incoming bullets. Heaven room items seem really good in this game.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Picked up Ipecac during a completely doomed run (Necropolis II, abysmal fire rate, minimum damage, no good items) to see if it still sucks. Things got slightly better. Came across My Reflection, thinking: "maybe they changed this combination, maybe it's actually good this time."

Spent 5 minutes trying to kill a single charger maggot in a long vertical room. Killed by own explosion in the next.

Decided to try challenges. "Oh, Suicide King, that seems appropriate."

:negative:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

skull wall posted:

Shield shots also pretty much break the difficulty for a lot of enemies, especially Mom's Heart, since you can just destroy incoming bullets. Heaven room items seem really good in this game.

The shield also applies to brimstone, so it becomes a tear destroying laser. It's real good.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Hahaha, on Richard Hammer's stream they just found out that Dad's Key will even open the super crazy special door to Mega Satan.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yay finally got the D6 for Isaac. Time to break the game every single run.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hahaha, on Richard Hammer's stream they just found out that Dad's Key will even open the super crazy special door to Mega Satan.

Too bad Mega Satan is a buggy piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Shame on Lethalfrag's stream they discovered the following:

Brett824 posted:

Too bad Mega Satan is a buggy piece of poo poo

Guaranteed crash whenever Frag spawned something, which was wonderful since he was using an attack-fly spawning build at the time.