Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Simoom posted:

gently caress that What an awesome guy!

We'll have to agree to disagree. :v:

So, I hope Ippo realizes that he has a 2 time world champion right there at the gym, and he should be asking him for advice, not just what the coach says.

And yeah, Ippo's training this time better be learning to dodge every punch for a full round, or try to catch Itagaki dressed as a chicken, or whatever, just not more of the same garbage Kamogawa keeps going back to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

When I first read through Hajime no Ippo, I always hated Takamura as a complete rear end in a top hat. Now he's the one I want to see something happen with most as he's one of very few interesting characters.

On another note, when Umezawa appeared I was really confused and wondered why Itagaki looked different. I had completely forgotten his existence. I wonder if anything more will come of him.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Anyone who hates Takamaura should get Demspey Roll'd. :colbert:

I always like that about him, he is a cocky brash smug rear end in a top hat but goddamn could he back it up. Plus his fights were always goddamn awesome.

I still enjoy watching his animated fights versus Hawk. It was soooo good.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Takamura's the best character.

KoB
May 1, 2009

tbp posted:

Takamura's the best character.

Followed by Aoki and Kimura. Also Sendo.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Just a reminder that this series peaked in 1996 and has been coasting since then:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Just a reminder that this series peaked in 1996 and has been coasting since then:

Jesus Christ was that fight really in 1996? Because it's the best fight in the series in my opinion.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Anyone who hates Takamaura should get Demspey Roll'd. :colbert:

I always like that about him, he is a cocky brash smug rear end in a top hat but goddamn could he back it up. Plus his fights were always goddamn awesome.

I still enjoy watching his animated fights versus Hawk. It was soooo good.

His defense bouts have been pretty weak, and I kind of hated the animated Hawk fight. It was so... lame compared to the manga. But the second series was weird and not quite on point the whole time.

But really Takamura is long overdue for another belt run.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
http://www.mangareader.net/hajime-no-ippo/1073/

Chapter 1073 is up.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

As it has for the last week or so?

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

Irisize posted:

As it has for the last week or so?

My mistake...

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Jumping in to the manga after finishing the anime. OP has the right chapter cited if you only watched New Challenger, but you want to start on 557 if you finished Rising :spergin:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1074/2571/1

Mashiba makes this chapter.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Why does he use the flicker jab when he's full of sick burns like that!

mini Makanouchi is depressed arc coming up

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter. Nothing happens. Itagaki continues to grumble about his fight not even getting a byline, Kumi asks Ippo to quit boxing, Ippo refuses but says that the next time he loses he'll retire.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 19, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Look brosef i'm sorry if you don't enjoy the manga but please do not spoil it for everyone else. Thank you in advance for spoiler tagging this and future posts.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Chapters 1074 and 1075.

Apparently hearing that Ippo will quit after his next loss gave Kumi a huge silhouette boner.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
"My boxing can work at a world level!"

No it didn't you punch drunk idiot you got your poo poo pushed in like it was your job and your passion.

Captain Narwhal
Dec 4, 2002

KittenofDoom posted:

...gave Kumi a huge silhouette boner.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice her bbc, but is she ever gonna get to use it? I've been waiting for some progress on that story line ever since the cocktease on the beach during their fight camp. (I may be forgetting something in between since that was long enough ago to be animated)

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Raws for 1076 are up. http://powermanga.forumcommunity.net/?t=56766585 People here will probably like it. If you want to go on a boring adventure what happens is basically:

Ippo tries to help Umezawa with his manga but messes it up. Eventually Umezawa asks Ippo to draw a straight line. Turns out Ippo can not draw a straight line due to his damage to the body and brain...

Ippo says he wants to continue boxing but understands there will be consequences.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 25, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
:stare: actual plot development!?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bumping because the 1077 raws are out.

http://raw.senmanga.com/Hajime_No_Ippo/1077/1

Ippo has recovered somewhat from the knock-out and his brain is OK, but the potential damage is something at the back of everyone's minds. Ippo will also basically be starting over from scratch (presumably working of his defence, which he admitted was rubbish in one of the previous chapters) once he is sufficiently recovered. Meanwhile, he will be assisting Takamura, who will be uniting two of the Middleweight world titles in his upcoming bout.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

IMPOSSIBRU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New chapter up @ Mangastream: http://readms.com/r/hajime_no_ippo/1076/2591/1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hey can get we get a new thread title

Hajime no Ippo: Looks like I've got brain problems!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

How many logs do you have to punch into the side of a hill to cure brain damage? Probably a lot!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Where's that samurai spirit to make them lines straight?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Narrative wise, Ippo still has what, at least 5 fights left? This story is never going to end. Seriously, at this pace, it'll be 2500-3000 chapters.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

Narrative wise, Ippo still has what, at least 5 fights left? This story is never going to end. Seriously, at this pace, it'll be 2500-3000 chapters.

Don't worry, nobody cares anymore. Sooner or later Morikawa is going to receive a "finish this poo poo, you have half a year" memo, like Naruto, and end the suffering.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Information on the ending of Ippo has leaked, image covered up for spoiler reasons (Legit spoilers within, beware).

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd just like to point out that there's been pretty much no reaction to the suggestion Ippo has brain damage now.

lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fabricated posted:

I'd just like to point out that there's been pretty much no reaction to the suggestion Ippo has brain damage now.

lol

Anyone who didn't think there wasn't some form of dain bramage is as delusional as Ippo thinking he can make it to the World Title.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Fabricated posted:

lol

Only because it will be forgotten about in a few issues time (if it gets brought up again at all I'd be shocked).

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Fabricated posted:

lol

They'll run with the "it was just post-this match" thing, but have it be a source of dramatic tension when they feel the need for it

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1077 is out

Yeah, more Takamaru fights. Hopefully it won't dickpress.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Hajime no Takamaru is better.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 1077 is out

Yeah, more Takamaru fights. Hopefully it won't dickpress.

Maybe a hint at more brain damage, Ippo didn't remember the other times he used that pun :ohdear:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

canoshiz posted:

Maybe a hint at more brain damage, Ippo didn't remember the other times he used that pun :ohdear:
If you noticed in the chapter before that, he wasn't just having trouble with his motor control (which is common for fighters in their recovery period), but he forgot he said he would come back to visit Umezawa literally seconds before and stops to say it again. He's having memory issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

canoshiz posted:

That specifically is probably a bad example since he didn't hear Takamura properly the first time.