Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Horse Divorce posted:

Good lord, what has Calculus 3 and Physics 2 for prereq? Are you a theoretical particle physicist or something?

EDIT: shows how much I know...

He'll probably take multivariable calc, differential equations, and at least one more physics class if his engineering prereqs are anything like mine were. I also took Complex Variables for the hell of it, don't ever do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

You have a gift

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah AFAIK I actually meet the prereqs to graduate with an AA right now, but these courses are offered at SSC for far cheaper than at UCF so I may as well take them now for money savings and simplicity, rather than graduate and try and shuffle courses at SSC with ones that are UCF-only.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Grape slushies from Sonic and vodka mix well. Go Celtics!!!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Y'all are some hard-drinking mothefuckers. Almost as bad as I was in Korea.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've rediscovered my love for red wines. I blame the cooler weather.

Chilean wines are my go-to for cheap but drinkable. For under 10bux you can get a red that puts anything from Yellowtail or the like to shame. I'm partial to Casillero del Diablo's Cabernet and/or their Merlot.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Calc 3 sucked (at my school it was sequences and series, which I have an intuitive understanding of as they underpin fourier transforms and a lot of digital signal processing stuff, but am horrible at doing the actual math on) but calc 4 (multivariate) was fun. And yeah, most EE classes I took required that stuff, some required differential equations, too, which is nowhere near as relevant to jeep drivetrains as one would think.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Buddy just showed up with excellent local pizza and copy of Snowpiercer. How drunk/stoned should I be for this film?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Calc 3 sucked (at my school it was sequences and series, which I have an intuitive understanding of as they underpin fourier transforms and a lot of digital signal processing stuff, but am horrible at doing the actual math on) but calc 4 (multivariate) was fun. And yeah, most EE classes I took required that stuff, some required differential equations, too, which is nowhere near as relevant to jeep drivetrains as one would think.

Guess what's stuffed into Calc 2 at my school? :suicide:

Actually I just took the test for that section (along with the first bit of Taylor polynomials) on Tuesday and I feel like I did all right, but still, what a pain in the rear end. And now we're moving onto Taylor series.

E: The first half of the class was particularly brutal. Calculus of inverse/hyperbolic trig functions, which is enough of a pain in the rear end when it hasn't been eight years since you took Calc 1 (I took it as an AP credit in high school... in 2005/6.), so I was having to drag my brain kicking and screaming through that whole class while also trying to learn the new poo poo without my eyes glazing over.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 8, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fucknag posted:

Guess what's stuffed into Calc 2 at my school? :suicide:

Actually I just took the test for that section (along with the first bit of Taylor polynomials) on Tuesday and I feel like I did all right, but still, what a pain in the rear end. And now we're moving onto Taylor series.

God damnit don't remind me of those :suicide:

Yeah at the community college I went to it was jammed into calc 2 as well. So guess what? Calc 1 and 2 transferred and then I got to take calc 3 (the second half of my calc 2 I already did) all over again! :argh:

I had entirely suppressed that memory until this discussion. gently caress that noise forever. Fourier and laplace transforms are p cool though... but convolution and differential equations can get hosed.

We EEs have a lot of lazy ways of avoiding ever seeing a differential equation (unless it is truly necessary) by playing games with imaginary/complex numbers and impedance and phasors and things instead of actually doing the nasty math.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Wally Joyner posted:

Don't use Eagles as a yard-stick for used car prices--there is always some nut trying to sell one for some crazy inflated bundle of loot. gently caress them for keeping a 4x4 woodie wagon out of my reach.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of great deals on Volvos (brick-era), and it makes me wanted to collect them all and start a Volvo graveyard on some remote plot of land.

If you do it, let me know, because I've kinda always wanted a 240 wagon. Never could explain why.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Turns out our new favorite beer was a one time thing! Jack's Abbey Framingham Lager I figured it was seasonal when they said I bought the last case, but I didn't know I bought the last case ever

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Terrible Robot posted:

How drunk/stoned should I be

All of it.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Wally Joyner posted:

Don't use Eagles as a yard-stick for used car prices--there is always some nut trying to sell one for some crazy inflated bundle of loot. gently caress them for keeping a 4x4 woodie wagon out of my reach.

Live in Alaska? My brother's got an Eagle that's finally annoyed the poo poo out of him and he's willing to send it to a crusher for scrap. It's got a freshly-rebuilt carb, which he reminds me of constantly. I've never done a carb, but apparently rebuilding one is a torturous experience if you have no idea what you're doing.

This post bought to you by Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Happy Friday!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

http://carbondale.craigslist.org/cto/4738359765.html

I keep looking at this and wondering how hard it'd be to drop in a Jeep 4.0. Or an LS :getin:

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

The 258 and 4.0 have the same motor mounts, and Kastein's demonstrated his ability to prepare XJ wiring harnesses for similar swaps. Just sayin'. *nudge nudge*

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

You can stuff a 4.0 right in and keep all your accessories and carb, or do an EFI swap as noted. Not too hard. Never done one in an eagle, but I would like to do so sometime... so if anyone in the northeast wants to in a few years, remind me.

Or even better, take the crank/rods from the 258 and make a 4.5 stroker using a 4.0 for everything else, then stick THAT in it. :getin:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

T1g4h posted:

http://carbondale.craigslist.org/cto/4738359765.html

I keep looking at this and wondering how hard it'd be to drop in a Jeep 4.0. Or an LS :getin:

Why have you not started the project thread on this yet?

Somewhere on the rolling prairies of the internets there is a webpage documenting a V8 swap into an eagle wagon that kept intact the 4wd system. I believe it was AMC 304.

Edit; Sadly Alaska is out of reach

stone soup fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 8, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Yeah, the 304, 360 (amc not mopar), and 401 all have the same bellhousing pattern and iirc cj mounts for them go to the same mounts as a 4.0's (explains why the 4.0 mounts are so wide and goofy looking) but don't hold me to that, I haven't personally verified it.

Stick a 401 with a GM TBI swap in there and have a blast.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The only thing holding me back is lack of funds, working part time means I unfortunately can't do as many crazy awesome projects as you guys :v:

poo poo, just getting tires for the Vic's steelies is gonna wipe me out for the winter.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Math Chat: Am I the only goon that struggled with (and hated) trig, but loved Calc? Calculus made so much more spatial sense to me. Though I never took DE and the other legendarily hard classes after Calc III so maybe those would have quelled the fond memories I now have.

Eagle chat: If the floor pans aren't too bad that seems like an awesome deal. It seems like whenever I see Eagles up they're either crap cans or overpriced or both.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I get that. I've got a Rambler that's been lingering on jackstands for what seems like years now. If money wasn't an issue then all summer long I would be crusing around behind a boosted 4.0 Rogue.

Edit; Boosted 6er and a V8 eagle. Yes

stone soup fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 8, 2014

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Nodoze posted:

You have a gift

Her father would be so proud. :qq:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Her father would be so proud. :qq:

My dad has never been proud of me in my life. That's why I'm on tinder. :smithicide:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Uh, wow, yeah you weren't kidding. It isn't over yet but holy poo poo this movie. So bad it's great.

E: :stare:

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 8, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Goatse Guy is a loving genius.

Im keeping it classy tonight after being on duty for 14 hours by drinking all the lovely beer in the house. Winter is coming its time to switch to liquor.

Now to find a good sipping whiskey.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Terrible Robot posted:

Uh, wow, yeah you weren't kidding. It isn't over yet but holy poo poo this movie. So bad it's great.

E: :stare:

7.0 on imdb, is it really that bad? Usually stuff in that rating is pretty good.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
The dealership auction was a bit of a wash for me, but I did get a nice inch pound torque wrench. They bundled a brake pedal pressure / travel tester with it. I have no use for that so I'm going to resell it probably. Any idea how much one is worth?
It's got the thing that goes on the brake pedal, the oil filled hose and gauge, plus the tape measure holder that goes on the steering wheel to measure travel.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

treizebee posted:

7.0 on imdb, is it really that bad? Usually stuff in that rating is pretty good.

No no, you should definitely watch it. Just, bring lots of friends and intoxicants.

If you take it completely seriously you will have a pretty :smith: time I guess, but I'm loving laughing my tits off for the most part.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Mat_Drinks posted:

Math Chat: Am I the only goon that struggled with (and hated) trig, but loved Calc?

I hated trig til something just clicked. I don't know how to explain it but one day it all made sense.

Multivariable was fun as well.

I've probably forgotten a whole mess load, which just adds to the anxiety of going back to school some day...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Game chat: The weekly Humble Bundle is racing themed.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Haven't played anything yet but I just got a new Xbox 360 controller so I'm probably going to bust that out in a moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5cpPukfCZ0

This kind of makes me want to drive a 7 series.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Roomates dog (pitbull) just ate an earing.... shes fine right?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

That bundle is mostly really worth it if you're willing to spend enough to get DiRT 3. DiRT 3 is loving amazing, and even better with the All Cars All Tracks and better engine sound mods out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsVWHaN2fo

Seriously, I love that game.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Preoptopus posted:

Roomates dog (pitbull) just ate an earing.... shes fine right?

Gotta watch the poop. Yay.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Funny, I just put a decent graphics card in my HTPC last night and was wondering what game I should try first.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
For the record, my day out today ended up being the Wisconsin battleship tour in Norfolk, and I'm going to try and also fit in the Dulles plane museum before I leave.

Rental car: Dodge Challenger. Was fun in a retro-pastiche way, but no way does it feel like 300bhp.

I think I'll try and get a pickup next. :patriot:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

InitialDave posted:

You're not getting the true Pickup Truck Experience unless it's a bricknose Ford, and the only place that's ever rented those is U-haul (though they still had Bricks in service up until a couple years ago :unsmigghh:).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

For the record, my day out today ended up being the Wisconsin battleship tour in Norfolk, and I'm going to try and also fit in the Dulles plane museum before I leave.

Rental car: Dodge Challenger. Was fun in a retro-pastiche way, but no way does it feel like 300bhp.

You should have gotten an RT.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I liked calc 3 and felt like I understood everything but ended up with a C the 2nd time around. But math is one of those things where you just have to spend a lot of time doing all the homework and studying more than just getting it right off the bat. Like at that point you have to remember all the conversions to polar and spherical coordianants and stuff more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I didn't have any interest in calc so I made no effort to understand it. Fortunately, I didn't find it difficult to figure out what function or process needed to be applied to the numbers being supplied and just went through the motions to get a result. Only problem was that at the end I had no idea if I had a correct result or not, but I got an A in calc 1 and 2 and didn't need to go any further so good enough.

• Locked thread