Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mafoose posted:

What are you majoring in? I feel like I took those freshman and sophomore year as they were prereqs for everything else.

Phone , how do I get ahold of you? I'm interested in those RPF-1s !

Buy Platinum, you bastard.

5238901 @ gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I room my wife to this thing where you're instructed how to make your meal by a chef and they provide everything and it was this creamy mushroom sauce that made me reconsider my stance on mushrooms.

Unfortunately I am postin this from the loo where I've been sitting for the last 30 minutes thanks to my body telling me I have the Hershey squirts and the sharp knives in my gut tell me I had dairy and forgot my lactase again

I have yet to poop :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
You know you have an issue when every piece of clothing you own becomes something you wear while working in the garage.

I have no nice clothes because I'm essentially five.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

Boss just handed me some emails about the water filtration systems in the science building throwing up some low level alarms. Check the dates, and yep, these were sent over a month and a half ago. Why the hell did it take so long to get down to me, there are only two people above me and they both see/talk to me on a daily or weekly basis. *sigh*

I've been getting a shitload of tickets like this from my old manager. Doing wonders for my stats since drat near every one of them has resulted in "Oh, yeah we don't need that anymore." when I call the person making the request.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

You know you have an issue when every piece of clothing you own becomes something you wear while working in the garage.

The last time I wore a shirt that didn't come to me in a box of car parts was about a month ago, and that was a Primus shirt.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Speaking of being five, I'm now watching the first Charlie Brown movie. My wife has never seen it, and keeps insisting that I'm Charlie Brown.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Thought exercise:

-Cheap
-AWD
-Manual transmission
-Won't leave you stranded

What would you choose other than old Toyota w/ Alltrac?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Subaru Loyale.
(how cheap exactly?)

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Tommychu posted:

Subaru Loyale.

Agree'd, this was the first thing that spring to mind.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

All that just to get the radiator out. gently caress nissan and their small car engineering

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

iwentdoodie posted:

This is me in a nutshell right here.

BTW, acetone makes an excellent grease spot remover for natural fiber clothes, just as long as you don't really like your washing machine anyways. Mine cost me 100 dollars on craigslist, so I put drat near anything in it. (More proof I am bad at being an adult)

kastein fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 8, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I have an entire dresser for work clothes and another dresser for my normal clothes. I rather go to work without a shirt on than wear any of my Supreme to work. 8-)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

blk posted:

Thought exercise:

-Cheap
-AWD
-Manual transmission

Does an XJ count?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I have three t shirts, a couple of dress shirts and one pair of pants that aren't work clothes

that's mostly because I lost like 80 lbs and none of my old stuff fit anymore so I gave that poo poo to goodwill but it does put a bit of a crimp on the ol' social life sometimes

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

Math Chat: Am I the only goon that struggled with (and hated) trig, but loved Calc? Calculus made so much more spatial sense to me. Though I never took DE and the other legendarily hard classes after Calc III so maybe those would have quelled the fond memories I now have.

Right there with you.

I took trig based physics in college before I took calculus and in retrospect I really, really hated how much more complicated the trig physics was once I had a good understanding of calc.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

iwentdoodie posted:

This is me so much. I have no nice pants anymore other than my black pairs that don't show the oil stains.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

Thought exercise:

-Cheap
-AWD
-Manual transmission

93-01 Impreza.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

So I'm in Borden, Ontario now for a year. Anyone near this frozen wasteland shithole?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

OBS.

There's one on my lot right now that I've been eyeing up since it got traded in, and I'm pretty salty since I literally bought a car the week before it came in.

I have the opposite problem from most of y'all. I have a closet jammed full of clothing, but it's all way too nice for the garage. I don't think I even own a pair of tennis shoes anymore because I threw mine out after paintball season was over.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Because of work circumstances, I've had to push the closing out on my house by a month

Just made me sob a little bit. We'll get there eventually.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

My 97 was the best car I ever owned, straight up. If I could, I would own nothing but them for the rest of my life.

If you drive an Outback Sport and you come back and say it's not the best car ever, you should probably find a rope and end it all, because your expectations are too high. It's like a big retarded Golden Retriever that you can drive.

Could be a little faster, though.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Just catching up on the thread...

Viggen posted:

Note to self and others: a 32oz jello shot does not work. No not attempt.

You need to do it in layers:

My friend doesn't like cake, so his wife made that monster for his birthday a few months ago. I'm not sure how much vodka was in that thing but 1/3 of the cake got 12 people shitfaced. It took several weeks to finish the thing off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just overheard the most amazing conversation.

quote:

"So yeah man, I mean, I was loving around on my wife, no biggie right? But then that bitch gets pregnant and shows up at my house and tells her I've been cheating. And then she fakes the paternity test and now I'm stuck paying support for this little gently caress that ain't even mine and my wife kicked me out."

He had some other lovely things to say about women but they went and sat down so I didn't hear the rest. Dude sounded like such a piece of poo poo I'm surprised he isn't my best friend.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

iwentdoodie posted:

Last weekend I downgraded a pair of old pair of jeans to work clothing only to realize just how baggy the 501s I had been wearing to work on the house and in the garage were and how much the bagginess limited my freedom of movement. Of course, they were thin so I promptly ripped a hole in the knee :(

Any of you guys have any suggestions for a pair of work pants/jeans that are trim such that they don't get in the way but NOT skinny and are thick enough that they can hold up some hard work?

blk posted:

Thought exercise:

-Cheap
-AWD
-Manual transmission

In the PNW Subaru is going to easily be the way to go. I searched in Portland for any Subaru between 1 and 4000 with a manual transmission and there were 116 results. Nothing else is going to come close to being as easy to maintain in terms of parts availability around here, and heck, you've already got a Subaru so you have brand familiarity. Unless you're going to go proper 4wd like a Jeep or truck, it's Subaru. You just need to refine you search a bit more... Do you want to go older so that you can skip emissions and register it as a classic (and pay cheaper tabs) or do you want to go newer so that you've got fuel injection and other nice things.

I saw 80's radness with the XT http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4749937261.html
And this super cheap Legacy http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4751869739.html
Impreza Outback http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4715706534.html
This is a little clapped out, but it's cheap and the Forester is awesome. I had one for about a year and it could carry so much poo poo http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4747859876.html

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
You should run a tumblr called "poo poo Indiana says" and curate the worlds largest collection of sewer dwelling inbred retard quotes. Holy hell.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Mat_Drinks posted:

Last weekend I downgraded a pair of old pair of jeans to work clothing only to realize just how baggy the 501s I had been wearing to work on the house and in the garage were and how much the bagginess limited my freedom of movement. Of course, they were thin so I promptly ripped a hole in the knee :(

Any of you guys have any suggestions for a pair of work pants/jeans that are trim such that they don't get in the way but NOT skinny and are thick enough that they can hold up some hard work?

I've had a lot of luck with the Dickies jeans. I personally like the khaki color. They come in Regular and Double Knee.

http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/mens-jeans/Relaxed-Fit-Carpenter-Duck-Jean-DU212.jsp
http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/mens-jeans/Relaxed-Straight-Fit-Double-Knee-Duck-Carpenter-Jean-DU260.jsp

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I find hitting the outlet malls works well for finding jeans. I seem to destroy every thing though, because I am 5 as well.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
No one sells the sizes I wear in the store (30/36 or 32/36)so I get all my poo poo on amazon

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

14.5oz Unbranded's in the summer, 21oz Unbranded's in the winter. Best cheap jeans you can get.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Car chat: As much as I like driving manual, I kind of miss being able to just put my car into drive and just going. At the same time, I also feel lazy and find it more boring when I drive an automatic.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just got Shell V-Power for $3.47/gal!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Horse Divorce posted:

Live in Alaska? My brother's got an Eagle that's finally annoyed the poo poo out of him and he's willing to send it to a crusher for scrap. It's got a freshly-rebuilt carb, which he reminds me of constantly. I've never done a carb, but apparently rebuilding one is a torturous experience if you have no idea what you're doing.

This post bought to you by Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Happy Friday!

Carbs are like legos, and rebuilding one really helps you understand how the whole thing works. Also, Alaska, AMC Eagle? It in Anchorage? I may be interested.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

He's in near Fairbanks at Eielson AFB, but he's spend the whole day ripping it to pieces. I don't think you'd want it anymore, unless you don't mind it having no motor.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

BraveUlysses posted:

Right there with you.

I took trig based physics in college before I took calculus and in retrospect I really, really hated how much more complicated the trig physics was once I had a good understanding of calc.

Yeah, trig based physics just felt like they were purposely trying to take the fun out of physics.

Rhyno posted:

Dude sounded like such a piece of poo poo I'm surprised he isn't my best friend.

Hahahaha

I'm not sure why I didn't think about dickies, I'll have to check them out.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

14.5oz Unbranded's in the summer, 21oz Unbranded's in the winter. Best cheap jeans you can get.

Are you talking about these guys? http://theunbrandedbrand.com/

If so, are you saying you actually work on the car in them? I ask because they look like they're trying to be serious denim with selvedge and all that... Doesn't that make for stiff jeans (and thus lack of mobility) and do you never wash them despite them getting all dirty and sweaty and nasty from being worked in? Isn't that what dudes do with their selvedge for optimal wear marks or whatever?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I have a pair for work and a pair for going out. I was blowing out the crotch in my Levi's at work every month so I upgraded to these and they easily last me 6 months. Plus you get dope fades when you work your balls off in selvedge everyday.

Unbranded is the cheaper sister company to Naked & Famous. I soak and hang dry them about once a month unless it's the summer, then it's every other week.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Oh man, I'm considering doing something really really stupid. As you may know, I drive a perfectly nice, reliable, well-kept and surprisingly fun 2000 2.2 Peugeot 406 with ~165,000km on it.

But now I'm looking at a 1997 2.3 Turbo Volvo 940 wagon with ~230,000km on it.

I paid 55,000dkk ($9200) for my 406 two years ago, the 940 is offered at 35,000dkk ($5850) right now. I know Danish car prices are wacky, but for comparison there they are.

Actually, I'm quite telling the truth when I say "940 wagon". What I should say is "what may be the single best-kept 940 wagon in existence":

It's gorgeous, and I am this close to calling the seller.

Turbo manual RWD wagon, with manual windows! What's not to love?

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 8, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

God, at least I'm aware of it now That's a good thing right?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh man, I'm considering doing something really really stupid. As you may know, I drive a perfectly nice, reliable, well-kept and surprisingly fun 2000 2.2 Peugeot 406 with ~165,000km on it.

But now I'm looking at a 1997 2.3 Turbo Volvo 940 wagon with ~230,000km on it.

I paid 55,000dkk ($9200) for my 406 two years ago, the 940 is offered at 35,000dkk ($5850) right now. I know Danish car prices are wacky, but for comparison there they are.

Actually, I'm quite telling the truth when I say "940 wagon". What I should say is "what may be the single best-kept 940 wagon in existence":

It's gorgeous, and I am this close to calling the seller.

Turbo manual RWD wagon, with manual windows! What's not to love?

do it, holy poo poo do it immediately.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I was told yesterday that my van looks like the Tumbler from the Batman movies with the tires it has on it (30/11.5-15 aggressive-tread rears, 25/8-15 econotread fronts). I really need to get the new springs and bearings put on the front so it can stop looking so ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Does that have the M90(?) behind a B230FT stock?

• Locked thread