Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

If nobody clicked on this link, apparently dying in the sacrifice room while holding the missing poster or mysterious page items gives you a puzzle piece icon at the death screen, and collecting all the puzzle pieces together might lead to something big (possibly unlocking the lost?). Anyone interested should really head over there and contribute to solving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think McMillen probably wants The Lost to be a really difficult and mysterious unlock that forces the community to work together at first. Once people have worked it out he'll probably patch it to make it easier like he did with The Chest.

Wait, what was the original chest unlock criteria?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

flatluigi posted:

If nobody clicked on this link, apparently dying in the sacrifice room while holding the missing poster or mysterious page items gives you a puzzle piece icon at the death screen, and collecting all the puzzle pieces together might lead to something big (possibly unlocking the lost?). Anyone interested should really head over there and contribute to solving!

If you can stand him (I don't think he's that bad, but it's rather subjective,) CobaltStreak's stream seems to be a bit of nexus for discussion and contribution regarding the puzzle pieces.

Again, they almost certainly combine to form a death screen. Current updated overlay: https://imgur.com/Gniovr7

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It appears to be Maggy dying to regular Satan with items as to be determined.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

flatluigi posted:

It appears to be Maggy dying to regular Satan with items as to be determined.

I'm betting it's with only the Yum Heart, just to be a dick.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Man the Suicide King challenge is really testing my patience.

The bosses are easy. It's when they throw you in a room with 20 little spiders surrounded by rocks that it gets a tad obnoxious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Wait, what was the original chest unlock criteria?

Mom didn't always drop the polaroid.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Update: looks like there are multiple death screens involved. In addition to Maggy we also have one with Judas.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

flatluigi posted:

Update: looks like there are multiple death screens involved. In addition to Maggy we also have one with Judas.

I hope it's different for each person, just because of how much of a clusterfuck that'll be.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

flatluigi posted:

Update: looks like there are multiple death screens involved.

I'm betting its die with Maggy(Or any Character) with Guppy's Collar or Ankh on Satan and then beat Mega Satan with the 2nd life.

Does anyone give a gently caress if we stop spoilering this by the way?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's probably worth dropping the spoiler tags, yeah.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
gently caress red poops

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Barely an hour into buying this game and I get into this situation. I made the right choice.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

flatluigi posted:

We can ignore the non-unique pieces, but we now have at minimum 6 possibilities, instead of 1, since we don't know who gets what items.

Or the character who dies doesn't matter, which is also possible.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Jeesis posted:

gently caress red poops

putting that fucker so early in the boss rush is truly the sign of a sinister mind

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Head Trauma made easy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Otto von Ruthless posted:

putting that fucker so early in the boss rush is truly the sign of a sinister mind

On the other hand, at least the red poops damage the later bosses too.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

Otto von Ruthless posted:

I did at least get the dark boy. Tammys head+brimstone is loving hilarious.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Welp, Azazel + Quad Shot + Mom's Knife + Spoon Bender + some damage means that the boss rush took me about 45 second total. Nothing took more than two throws of the knives to kill.

e: this is also my first run with the imbalanced Dark Bum that everyone's been talking about

e2: just got the Pentagram on top of already maxed damage; this is gonna be my first Chest run in Rebirth (just unlocked) and I'm glad that it's on such an insane itemset

Rashomon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 9, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SuicideSnowman posted:

Man the Suicide King challenge is really testing my patience.

The bosses are easy. It's when they throw you in a room with 20 little spiders surrounded by rocks that it gets a tad obnoxious.

Why not just bomb a door and ignore the enemies? I really wish they would have called that challenge "Stop Hitting Yourself" instead of Suicide King, seems like it'd be more fitting.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

something posted:

Barely an hour into buying this game and I get into this situation. I made the right choice.

Don't worry, the game seems to hand you wins at first.

It eventually becomes total bullshit though.

I can't stop playing.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

GeneX posted:

We can ignore the non-unique pieces, but we now have at minimum 6 possibilities, instead of 1, since we don't know who gets what items.

Or the character who dies doesn't matter, which is also possible.

Supposed method to unlock the character below.

you need to die azazel in the second form of satan, isaac to mullibooms in the basement, maggy self bombing in the caves and judas to moms foot in the depths

I don't know if ordering matters.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Waltchelg posted:

you need to die azazel in the second form of satan, isaac to mullibooms in the basement, maggy self bombing in the caves and judas to moms foot in the depths

You, or whoever you heard that from, completely made that up. Do have a source at all?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Waltchelg posted:

Cobalt is so desperate to get platinum god and stop streaming 12 hours a day he'll try anything the chat says at this point I think. No loving way this is true.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Waltchelg posted:

Does this also revive Aeris?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Where is that info even coming from?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Waltchelg posted:

I mean, it's theoretically possible, but unless someone directly dived into the code and extracted this, there's literally no way of figuring this out without foreknowledge or the completed death screens. The fact that it's being spammed constantly in Cobalt's chat with the exact same phrasing doesn't make me anywhere near confident in its likelihood of being true.

EDIT: well, when does steam update its list of achievements, because as of right now no one actually has The Lost.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 9, 2014

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
Hold down B to increase your chance of registering the cheevos

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you get leo and walk into the side of the truck parked by the dock where the s.s. isaac floats for 5 minutes then the lost pops out and you gotta use the shears to 'catch' it

you have the shears with you, right

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Uh, I think PAC1 F1SM might have some item duplication errors...just exit and enter a room with guaranteed spawns (like secret rooms) and it makes a copy every time!

It works on the shop too!

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I think the rumor came from this: http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2lppch/the_lost/clx0uvr?context=3

Seems extremely bullshitty to me since those imgur links could just be made up stuff as far as we know.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Looks like this is how you figure out which puzzle piece corresponds to which puzzle:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Doing the Pac Man challenge now and Pin's movement acts very, very oddly when magnetic shots act on him. Basically the shots will pull him around and then he'll go "WAIT, gently caress, I WANTED TO ENTER THE GROUND OVER HERE!" and do a right turn mid-air.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Had a fun run with Samson.

Ipecac, Third Eye, and Chocolate Milk.

This remake is really something magic.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

if you get leo and walk into the side of the truck parked by the dock where the s.s. isaac floats for 5 minutes then the lost pops out and you gotta use the shears to 'catch' it

you have the shears with you, right

So much time wasted trying to interact with that truck. :(

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rashomon posted:

Welp, Azazel + Quad Shot + Mom's Knife + Spoon Bender + some damage means that the boss rush took me about 45 second total. Nothing took more than two throws of the knives to kill.

e: this is also my first run with the imbalanced Dark Bum that everyone's been talking about

e2: just got the Pentagram on top of already maxed damage; this is gonna be my first Chest run in Rebirth (just unlocked) and I'm glad that it's on such an insane itemset

I had to pause and leave before I finished, but I got a technology + Polyphemus + Tammy's head as Azazel, then got Spoon Bender as a boss rush drop. I could like instantly incinerate every wave, it was hilarious.Will screencap + post seed later.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Alkydere posted:

Out of curiosity, what are the odds for a double skeleton key drop? :v:

What do those do?

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

What do those do?

Unlimited keys for the floor.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's funny to see Cobalt and Richard's patience and sanity start to wear down. I have no idea why they thought this was a good idea, but I imagine the huge donation rollouts are subs is keeping them from getting too nasty. Why they even give their chat so much emotional energy is beyond me, besides a need to play for the audience to keep them making GBS threads money.

I'm having fun playing at a much more leisurely pace.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Beat chest with Judas for the first time and didn't unlock anything. Hope it's not a bug or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Darth Windu posted:

What do those do?

You can unlock anything without spending a key, but only for the floor you collect it on.