Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

guys, guys, why does anyone even bother subscribing to cable tv when they can get everything they want to watch days after the fact on a dozen different websites through a laptop with an hdmi cable or various streaming apps

i just don't GET IT! ARGH!

Paypaling money to a rotating, randomized series of Dutch email addresses is the way modern youth prefer to watch their favorite sports the same way they like to get picked up by random strangers that desperately need to make $4 a night through an app instead of taking traditional, last millennium style "cabriolet rides"

Big Business has yet to cash in on selling the silk-roading of our economy, but it will be here soon enough. Eventually everyone will be forced to meetup with sketchy men off craiglist in the Carolina backwoods to get their console's power adapters since they wont include it in the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

guys, guys, why does anyone even bother subscribing to cable tv when they can get everything they want to watch days after the fact on a dozen different websites through a laptop with an hdmi cable or various streaming apps

i just don't GET IT! ARGH!

Better question, why have Cable when ~*The Internet*~ exists.

Streaming services lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I like my TV programs like my women - old and easy to access

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
For $30 a month you could buy program guide data for 2 tivos on a contract even though you paid full price for the boxes and how the gently caress is tivo still in business.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I have friends who pay $50/m for cable tv and only watch the weather channel.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Xbox, TV Xbox, Sports Xbox TV TV Sports

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Captain Internet posted:

I spend 70 bucks on Internet and 30 bucks on cable, so 30 bucks a month to watch hockey and a handful of shows I like to watch with my family. Hockey is good, but not 100 bucks a month good.

A buck a day to watch stuff you love is a bargian imho

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Don Lapre posted:

For $30 a month you could buy program guide data for 2 tivos on a contract even though you paid full price for the boxes and how the gently caress is tivo still in business.

How does any once-innovative CE company that has been passed over and left stagnant still manage to get by? Its the ecosystem silly.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ethanol posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this is my all time highest rated video 5/5 stars

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ethanol posted:

Its spelled "Spworts"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its spelled "Spworts"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Swing and a miss p g,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhlx43rTs2Q

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I like my TV programs like my women - old and easy to access

really tho everything i watch is on free-to-air or is streamble, besides football, and if the game's on espn i just go to the bar which is stumbling distance from my house. spend $230/mo supporting a drinking habit :banjo:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If the game is on ESPN install the ESPN roku app and use your parents/friends cable login.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

sarcastx posted:

ok so serious question

besides watching people playing hand-egg or whatnot, it seems like there's gently caress all reason to have a cable TV subscription - you can generally get what you want from a combination of streaming services, free-to-air TV, and things are going to be even better once HBO starts offering their streaming only subscription next year.

I don't know a single person who actually loving **wants** a cable subscription - people are just signing up because they have watch their shooty hoops live or whatever.

Jfc

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

You win this round.
I was in a film with Steve Coogan, true story!

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

oh noes i can't watch the loving kardashians

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

sarcastx posted:

really tho everything i watch is on free-to-air or is streamble, besides football, and if the game's on espn i just go to the bar which is stumbling distance from my house. spend $230/mo supporting a drinking habit :banjo:

$230 is a nights worth if you get the good poo poo and are an alcoholic and why wouldn't you be?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
gently caress yes. Shadow Puppet returns.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

peter gabriel posted:

You win this round.
I was in a film with Steve Coogan, true story!

And a fine actress you are Ms. Dench.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

shadow puppet of a posted:

And a fine actress you are Ms. Dench.

Thank you very much, it is always nice to be praised by ones peers.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
why would anyone buy a console besides to play floating artificial floor navigator?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

koolkal posted:

why would anyone buy a console besides to play floating artificial floor navigator?

You should know by now that people don't buy consoles based on games, just look at the PS4.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

hanyolo posted:

You should know by now that people don't buy consoles based on games, just look at the PS4.

Pretty much yeah. People only bought the PS3 to have a Blu-ray player and people only buy the Xbox One (the third Xbox) to have an all-in-one entertainment control center.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
The only reason I have cable is because without it I'd have to have DSL or wireless Internet

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

McDowell posted:

My dad refuses to pause TV with the DVR and gets angry when you suggest he do so.

LOL old people suck

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Can I stack a PS4 and a Wii U vertically on an Xbone without worrying about it overheating? It'll put the Wii U over the grated half so it shouldn't block air flow too much.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Seems to me like someone is in the market for a Nyko Xbox One intercooler but does not yet know it.

You can stack what ever the gently caress you like on that tall drink of water and I'll guarntee it will take your heaviest of loads.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Looks like a boss out of Starwing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

i got really drunk and bought all the forza 5 dlc last night

I did that with Thief and then again with The Evil Within. Never drink and buy.

ethanol posted:

the only good ps2 game was gta san andreas, even metal gear solid was terrible. Yeah that's right, sorry i don't want to watch your idiotic Japanese soap opera. all Japanese games are utter trash because of things like jpop, anime, and over frequent cutscenes, final fantasy is the worst of the worst

Teenage soonmot would consider those fighting words. Adult soonmot unironically agrees.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 9, 2014

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hello I Am A Real Human That Only Has Conversations With Prominent Entertainment Brands.

Be Sure To Click On My Profile To See A Single Cunning Pot Reference.

I'll Be Back Seven Months From Now To Thank @Disney For Doing A Great Job With Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

Yes I Always Carefully Use Proper Colons. Why Do You Ask.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

destiny is probably the first game on xbone making me mad, the back of the game case says something about amazing plot and all I have done is carry peter dinklage from point a to b to c and hold x so he can scan some poo poo

wow bungie, you've really hit the pinnacle of gameplay here

ethanol fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 9, 2014

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ethanol posted:

destiny is probably the first game on xbone making me mad, the back of the game case says something about amazing plot and all I have done is carry peter dinklage from point a to b to c and hold x so he can scan some poo poo

wow bungie, you've really hit the pinnacle of gameplay here

Also, expect all effort to now go to Destiny 2

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea I pressed the eject button on that garbage a few weeks ago.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
So I booted up my 360 for the first time in a while to download the Viva Piñata game, and everything is beyond hosed. I log into xbox.com and everything is worse -- for some reason it defaults my language to French Canadian, despite my account being "États-Unis" and my consoles being also American, and me living in Switzerland. Also when I look at past purchases, it shows that my most recent purchase is CoD: AW for 59.99 د.إ . Why is it reporting dollars in Arabic?

I can't even figure out how to change language beside to manually change fr-CA to en-US, which then resets every time i go to another page. I mean I speak French so this is technically fine, but what the gently caress Microsoft.

Edit: Actually it's not fine, when I try to buy anything on Xbox.com it tells me

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

date: 11/9/2014 9:12:27 AM
code: 6C
s: 0Annk3YSYwC5fKKPV8TUxg==
id: 10b10193-5cb9-4737-bbc6-d9f51a18036c
req: bd40f4e8-0bb6-48c1-a335-9824c22704c6

So much for 100% uptime.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 9, 2014

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Destiny's plot is pretty much empty space.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Destiny is the worlds best 7/10

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
You know how everyone bitches about every single game for having a poo poo/nonexistant story that makes 0 sense? Well Destiny is the dictionary definition of that complaint now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

hanyolo posted:

It's not like they got 20 games with PS+ this year after all!

http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

Oh wait

• Locked thread