Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

moerketid posted:

Lifehacks: don't live in the Netherlands

Agreed. You haven't seen a small lovely, slumlord type apartment until you move to the Netherlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Len posted:

I tried to see if there were any amazing birth control life hacks. And all I turned up was a list of birth control myths. I am both happy and disappointed in that outcome.

Avoid pregnancy by sticking your dick in the hole poop comes out of.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Karma Monkey posted:

I laughed when I read the hack and I laughed when I read this. :)

Time to start looking for #weddinghax

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DemeaninDemon posted:

If you have a dick you can't get pregnant though???

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Screaming Idiot posted:

That's what big pharma wants you to think

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Arnold Schwarzenegger would suggest otherwise :colbert:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Guest2553 posted:

Arnold Schwarzenegger would suggest otherwise :colbert:

And Billy Crystal

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Rickycat posted:

My Parents would boil brats in Guinness for a bit before putting them on the grill because we are alcoholics from Wisconsin.

I can get behind this because the beer will give it some flavor and you're still grilling them. Water just takes the flavor away.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

moerketid posted:

The Dutch also have poo poo shelves. When I moved into my boyfriend's house here in the Netherlands (I came from the UK) it had one and it was the worst thing EVER, poo poo sticks all over it because there is no water in that part of the bowl and the stench is unbelievably awful. Permeated the whole apartment. It is definitely not a life hack unless you are some kind of fecophile.

or
Or
loving OR
Clean your disgusting poo poo plaque accumulation with a loving toilet brush you inbred

I have lived in the Netherlands for a decade and never encountered someone with this problem. :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Can't afford condoms? Use a glove and tie the fingers off one by one! Good for five uses.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Len posted:

Can't afford condoms? Use a glove and tie the fingers off one by one! Good for five uses.

Use a mitten five times. :devil:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

twoday posted:

or
Or
loving OR

I would like this to just be the official response to all lifehacks.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Imagining augmented Constanza making that :yayclod: face just puts it over the top.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Smelly posted:

They taste way better cooked in any other way anyway. I seriously don't get why people boil their hotdogs or sausages.

actually boiled tastes the best

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Gerty posted:

This.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Gerty posted:

Wrong.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hot dogs are best eaten raw on a piece of crumbly stale bread with tap water to wash it down.

Or so I've convinced myself. :smithicide:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hot dogs are best eaten raw on a piece of crumbly stale bread with tap water to wash it down.

Or so I've convinced myself. :smithicide:

You didn't have to redeem your free Doobie Dog. :(

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Gerty posted:

If by "boiled", you mean put into a big pan with beer, sauerkraut and onions and then heated to boiling on the grill, then you are correct

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Hotdog + boiling water = unbeatable

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

serious norman posted:

Hotdog + boiling water = unbeatable

thanks man

The Door Frame posted:

If by "boiled", you mean put into a big pan with beer, sauerkraut and onions and then heated to boiling on the grill, then you are correct

ooooohhhh yeeeaaaahhhhhh throw some bacon in there too dude!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Door Frame posted:

I do all my boiling on the grill. When the heat is coming from propane from a tank instead of from methane via the natural gas line that runs to my house, it really adds a little extra kick.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Devor posted:

I do all my boiling on the grill. When the heat is coming from propane from a tank instead of from methane via the natural gas line that runs to my house, it really adds a little extra kick.

#lifehack
Use charcoal and a pan of soaked hardwood, not Kingsford quicklight bullshit, real, natural charcoal. It's harder to control the heat, but the flavor is worth the extra effort

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gerty posted:

ooooohhhh yeeeaaaahhhhhh throw some bacon in there too dude!

if you have bacon why would you eat a hot dog

why

hot dogs are the worst meat

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

#lifehack
Use charcoal and a pan of soaked hardwood, not Kingsford quicklight bullshit, real, natural charcoal. It's harder to control the heat, but the flavor is worth the extra effort
Effort... a-and lifehacks.. that result in actually making it better? :ohdear:
I don't think you understand lifehacks mister.

Now if you want to make it a #lifehack, get them to use old wooden chairs and furniture they have lying around. Cooking AND Recycling! :pseudo:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Croccers posted:

Now if you want to make it a #lifehack, get them to use old wooden chairs and furniture they have lying around. Cooking AND Recycling! :pseudo:

Lifehack: Burn it all. Burn everything. Burn your house, your clothes, your family. Burn the earth. Let chaos reign.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lifehack: Burn it all. Burn everything. Burn your house, your clothes, your family. Burn the earth. Let chaos reign.

:sherman:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Screaming Idiot posted:

Burn your house to the ground like a animal you piece of poo poo.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Croccers posted:

Put the pan directly on the burning chair. No need to dirty your grill or stove

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?
Some men just want to watch the food boil

:britain:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

The Door Frame posted:

Put the pan directly on the burning chair. No need to dirty your grill or stove

Don't even use a pan, just hold the loving meat directly to the fire, like that old Far Side comic.

gently caress Thog and his stick hack, imo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
#SAhack: Derail any thread for pages by mentioning how you cook and/or eat your hot dogs. Mods hate this one simple trick!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
#Lifehack: Wipe back to front, for that clean feeling!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Choco1980 posted:

#SAhack: Derail any thread for pages by mentioning how you cook and/or eat your hot dogs. Mods hate this one simple trick!

#SAhack: Always remember to eat your hotdogs with plenty of ketchup and never any mustard!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Who What Now posted:

#SAhack: Always remember to eat your hotdogs with plenty of ketchup and never any mustard!

Mustard burns your tongue and tastes weird

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

#SAhack never trust anyone who doesn't use mustard.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

EVERYTHING MUST BURN.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Literally Kermit posted:

Don't even use a pan, just hold the loving meat directly to the fire, like that old Far Side comic.

gently caress Thog and his stick hack, imo

A great way to gently caress up your backstrap.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Tiberius Thyben posted:

A great way to gently caress up your backstrap.

A backstrap stick hack that's a load of claptrap (one stay-at-home mom shows you how)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
The best way to do hot dogs is to use a lighter. You'll get some dirt on it but it's ok you can just clean it with some soap and water.