Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Geostomp posted:

So is $349 that good a deal for the Assassin's Creed bundle pack? I'm debating whether to pick this up or not.

It was $271.99 a few hours ago. If you wait a week or two you'll get a seat on the MSFT board with purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Geostomp posted:

So is $349 that good a deal for the Assassin's Creed bundle pack? I'm debating whether to pick this up or not.

No, it comes with an xbox one or something so it's a pretty lovely deal when you think about it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

drat, it already has almost been a year (13 days from launch anniversary).

i wonder how many day year one editions there are still out there unsold

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hanyolo posted:

Bloodborne with it's <30fps poo poo, I'll wait until it comes to PC like the Dark Souls series before it. :lol: at spending $500 and having to wait a year and a half for one good game. Buyers remorse much???

don't think a sony japan studio game is ever gonna hit pc mate sorry. btw, framerate was rock solid in alpha and I will buy literally any console an exclusive souls game comes out on. I'd buy a bone for it.

VincesUndies posted:

The great thing about the terrible frame rate is you can take the time and really count all of the peas on screen.

I hope Bloodborne works out for you guys, you always seem to be putting a lot of hope into it actually being good.

it's loving amazing hth

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Still for sale on amazon.ca. With free shipping!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

isn't for one game either, I get to play the definitive console versions of every multiplatform game too. it's pretty great.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also I don't own a ps4 I think

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

VincesUndies posted:

The great thing about the terrible frame rate is you can take the time and really count all of the peas on screen.

I hope Bloodborne works out for you guys, you always seem to be putting a lot of hope into it actually being good.

When Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II were all solid games, what makes you think Bloodborne won't be the same? The series has consistently been better than 99.9% of games. It's more confidence than hope. The beta that's running now is quality.

I feel sorry for Xbone owners who won't get it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Dream on, those are now collectors editions, under glass and heavily insured. The premium packaging now commands a princely $14 premium!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CMQTVK0/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Parroting that I would also buy a bone for a dark souls exclusive game.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Captain Internet posted:

Parroting that I would also buy a bone for a dark souls exclusive game.

Demon souls mate, otherwise known as Artificial Difficulty: The Game, yawn. Also people think that won't come to PC because the original didn't, even though both Dark souls games have.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The original game was Sony-funded just like Bloodborne. The Dark Souls weren't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

Demon souls mate, otherwise known as Artificial Difficulty: The Game, yawn. Also people think that won't come to PC because the original didn't, even though both Dark souls games have.

bad player spotted

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

hanyolo posted:

Yeah but those came out for the 360, too.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

When Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II were all solid games, what makes you think Bloodborne won't be the same? The series has consistently been better than 99.9% of games. It's more confidence than hope. The beta that's running now is quality.

I feel sorry for Xbone owners who won't get it.
I tried to play Dark Souls but it was no Skyrim/Dragon Age.
I watched the trailer for Bloodborne and it looks pretty dull. I guess if that's what you're into. It will probably be a cult hit and not do much with the mainstream audience.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hanyolo posted:

Demon souls was great. Also, like bloodborne, it was funded/part developed by sony themselves, hence why it won't hit anything other than the PS4. Ever. Dark souls were from software alone, hence multiplatform. Sony being part of demon souls is why it changed name to dark souls. Sorry.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
PSA: $30 off the xbone stereo headset on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IAVDQCK/

Got a pair myself, i'm very happy with them. Comfy and the sound quality is good.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

VincesUndies posted:

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VincesUndies posted:

I watched the trailer for Bloodborne and it looks pretty dull. I guess if that's what you're into. It will probably be a cult hit and not do much with the mainstream audience.

No you're right, it's much better. Also it's not mainstream at all, but it is a series that will make the million players who love it buy whatever console they can play it on. It's a true System Seller. That's how you do good exclusives bud, go for the niches that will buy a console for whatever they're crazy over, then use it for other stuff as well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VincesUndies posted:

lol

quote:

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A weird state of the industry when a game series that sold 2 million on each of its last two entries is cult.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

VincesUndies posted:

Different style of game, it's a lot like lords of the fallen but it will be less fun for the average gamer. If you don't like lords of the fallen you'll hate bloodborne.

You're right on the cult hit, it's a JRPG that pretty much only goons enjoy. They will even look over the fact that it will constantly drop to 15fps (even the developer said "30fps is the best for action games"), it's quite sad to see.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

Different style of game, it's a lot like lords of the fallen but it will be less fun for the average gamer. If you don't like lords of the fallen you'll hate bloodborne.

You're right on the cult hit, it's a JRPG that pretty much only goons enjoy. They will even look over the fact that it will constantly drop to 15fps (even the developer said "30fps is the best for action games"), it's quite sad to see.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

bad player spotted

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Lol

Stux posted:

A weird state of the industry when a game series that sold 2 million on each of its last two entries is cult.
2 million out of how many consoles?
Remember when TitanFall sold 2 million on Xbox One?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

VincesUndies posted:

loving lmao

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

loving lmao.

Enjoy your cave crawl simulator where you die every 10 seconds

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Maybe you should git gud.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

VincesUndies posted:

Looked it up quickly, Demon souls sold 500k in the US as of October 2010 (it came out September 2009)

PS3 sales were 13.7 million at the same date.

So we're probably looking at 500k sales again for Bloodborne after a year. So a bad game, since PS4 owners seem to base the quality of everything off sales numbers

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 10, 2014

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

VincesUndies posted:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VincesUndies posted:

Remember when TitanFall sold 2 million on Xbox One?

perfect dark zero sold 1.5 million copies when the 360 was still very new and in fact still supply-limited. good argument bro.

it's almost like games that give the slightest hint of promise sell exponentially more copies on a new system that has few games available than they would if they were released when the system actually built up a library of games that were actually worth playing or something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

Looked it up quickly, Demon souls sold 500k in the US as of October 2010 (it came out September 2009)

PS3 sales were 13.7 million at the same date.

So we're probably looking at 500k sales again for Bloodborne after a year.

Demons souls was a no name game brought over to the us because of import sales of the hong kong version that got no advertising.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Cubey posted:

perfect dark zero sold 1.5 million copies when the 360 was still very new and in fact still supply-limited. good argument bro.

it's almost like games that give the slightest hint of promise sell exponentially more copies on a new system that has few games available than they would if they were released when the system actually built up a library of games that were actually worth playing or something.

Yeah it sucks we have to wait until February to see what a failure it ends up being. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VincesUndies posted:

Yeah it sucks we have to wait until February to see what a failure it ends up being. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

do what he is saying

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

do what he is saying

Don't worry, there's still tons of indie games you can play. I have most of them on my PC and they're kind of fun for a little bit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like, the ps4 and xbone are both complete loving wastelands with literally zero games between the two of them worth playing right now that aren't available elsewhere. this is the worst first year for games for new systems that has ever existed in my lifetime. at least the 360 had condemned, geometry wars and viva pinata by the time it was a year old.

games like titanfall, infamous, killzone etc. are selling on hype and on the 'what the gently caress else are you gonna buy' factor first and foremost. mediocre-to-bad games selling well in the early era of a new console is common, even the ps2 had that happen with shitballs like dark cloud.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Titanfall sells two million copies and there are only a couple thousand people playing it.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Cubey posted:

I had a decent amount of fun with Perfect Dark zero

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Good evening gents. Can anyone direct me to the Xbox gamer tag list/Google doc to thing. On my phone and can't seem to find it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

This year has been pretty terrible for overhyped games that dont deliver.

Titanfall, Destiny, Watch Dogs all promised the earth and never delivered.

Hopefully we see a shift in the marketing of video games next year (we wont because consumers are morons that pre-order on the back of a 20 sec cutscene @ E3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Abe Froman posted:

Good evening gents. Can anyone direct me to the Xbox gamer tag list/Google doc to thing. On my phone and can't seem to find it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AiKfqpS0mT-qdGVhdE1MbVlvWmNiZDBlSnh6RnVzb1E

• Locked thread