Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009

look at what you made me do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The main difference between Wendy's and Five Guys is that Wendy's doesn't give me knives-in-my-stomach and liquid shits. Doesn't taste as good though.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The magic of Five Guys is not the burger but the massive amount of poo poo you can put on it. That, and enough salty, greasy fries to take at least a year off your life. Fortunately, the year they take would probably suck anyway, unlike those delicious fries.

I will admit they are trash compared to a bacon swiss/bleu cheese burger from a good greasy spoon. Especially near the end of the day when the grease is nearing sentience. If I ever left the house I would be flat broke and 500 pounds :allears:

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 10, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Wendy's has really upped their game lately though, I will admit that. Still no 5 guys.

And smash burger is revolting to my mouth.

Wendy's has been getting more of my business than I am ready to admit to myself because their chicken sandwiches and fries are so drat good. All this 5 Guys chat is really making me want to go to the nearest one for lunch tomorrow and stuff my face with their delicious meat though...

e; I have been loving up my they're/their/there a lot lately, wtf

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 10, 2014

T-Square
May 14, 2009

This just confirms my belief that I'm the only one on the planet that hates Five Guys.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Burger Fi recently opened up near me, been meaning to check them out for a while.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I detest Wendy's food, aside from their frosties. Working at Five Guys spoiled me because now I don't like getting burgers from anywhere else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't had a loving burger in 7 months you sons o' bitches. I hate every loving one of you and I hope you all have high cholesterol.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I haven't had Five Guys in a long time...maybe too long. Gonna go tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on how busy I am; IROPs, especially snow-caused IROPs, are no loving fun at all. :nsa:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

I haven't had a loving burger in 7 months you sons o' bitches. I hate every loving one of you and I hope you all have high cholesterol.

I probably do :smith:

It's why I've been trying to eat mostly chicken lately.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Burger Chat addendum: if you have a Habit Burger near you and haven't eaten one yet, get thine there asap. I always ate there when I was in Santa Barbara and they finally opened one near me and it's bad for my health.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I hope you all have high cholesterol.

Nope! Thats the one thing on this ratty shitheap body that works.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Ugh I just got back from a Tinder date with a chick who was guilty of some pretty bad false advertising in her pics.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:stare: at those who can handle a double and fries by themselves.

:wave:

I am 6'5", 210lbs, accidentally lost 5lbs last month and eat whatever the gently caress I want. No idea how my metabolism is still cranking at 28, but whatever, I'll rock it till I accidentally gain 5lbs instead of losing it :v:

Realtalk, it is probably because I speedwalk everywhere, am constantly moving, and consider ripping engines out of cars and carrying them to the wheelbarrow a fun weekend morning activity. If I didn't live a fairly active lifestyle I would be 400lbs by now.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Liquid Communism posted:

You're in Texas. Just hit up Whataburger.

If you're ever in Iowa, check out B-Bops. 60's style fast food. Good poo poo, good prices.

I do. :) But not very often
The Chop House Burger is pretty good, and I really like their Patty Melt. Not bad for fast food.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Every time I've eaten at five guys I point out to my wife that there are not many skinny people there and if we continue to eat there we will end up like the regulars.

:stare: at those who can handle a double and fries by themselves. That's impressive. In N Out isn't something you get because they are perfectly delicious but it's a good value, it's made fast, the people working there are happier, tastes good enough, but most importantly it is NOT McDonald's. I haven't eaten at McD's, Burger King, Carl's jr, etc in well over a decade and that's okay with me.

I will agree with that. The In-N-Out burger was fine, and reasonably priced, and the service was excellent.

We don't eat out all that much, so we tend to go long periods without repeating the same restaurant. Haven't been to In-N-Out in about a year, and when I went to Smashburger, it was the first time in months. I do hit Jimmy Johns every other week or so for lunch, but we were talking about burgers.

e: Dammit, now I need to go to 5 Guys for lunch on Friday (my usual "eat out" day. I'm a good [broke] boy and pack a lunch most days.)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 10, 2014

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Unfortunately, that company seems to have faded away.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I go to Wendy's for the chili. :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I loving love Five Guys.

I used to live less than 1/4 mile from a Wendys. My roommate and I would walk over on drinking nights, load up on 2-3 of the $1 bacon cheeseburgers and one of those chocolate ice cream things. They changed their fries a few years back too, much better after the change.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

I go to Wendy's for the chili. :v:

That poo poo is meat soup. Gross. Steak and Shake is far better.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Publix chili, like their subs, owns all others.

I mean unless you want competition-level hot. Or have bad and incorrect opinion on whether beans are allowed (they are).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

T-Square posted:

This just confirms my belief that I'm the only one on the planet that hates Five Guys.

I have NFI what anyone is talking about. What the hell is Five Guys except as a wet dream for CSB?

Edit : 10 years on SA. gently caress what a waste of life I have had online

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

Happy Anniversary, Cat Terrist!

Took Cheby over to folks. SAABdog, not amused. Does not like bench seat, or small cab. Spoiled bitch.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I'mma go to a local burger chain this week to show up all you turds. Maybe Tuesday.

Bitch, I live in Iowa. We got bigass cows.

On that note, I have really had a wonderful birthday weekend. It has been nothing but relaxing. I've drunk my favorite drinks, hung out with my friends, ate my favorite foods, watched drat awesome movie at the theater, and am still drinking on the cusp of the new week.'

gently caress it I'mma keep goin.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I haven't had one in a lot longer than that. You can do it!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Burger Chat addendum: if you have a Habit Burger near you and haven't eaten one yet, get thine there asap. I always ate there when I was in Santa Barbara and they finally opened one near me and it's bad for my health.

I used to love the teriyaki char, but that was more than a decade ago. :( Freebird's has also been expanding pretty rapidly, although interestingly that doesn't include the Freebird's in Isla Vista. I guess there was a Freebirds in Texas that had separate ownership and now it's franchising everywhere. They were owned by friends or something so it's not like it's just a coincidence of names.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Terrible Robot posted:

I probably do :smith:

It's why I've been trying to eat mostly chicken lately.

Then this conversation just turned into Chik Fil A chat. Gimme that 12 count nugget meal. You want me to upsize that to a keg worth of lemonade? You bet my 175lb 5'11" frame is gonna gobble that up. Don't skimp on the Polynesian sauce either.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

There is one near me, I will need to try this.

Cat Terrist posted:

Edit : 10 years on SA. gently caress what a waste of life I have had online
:golfclap: I will no doubt feel the same. The worst part of it was the years I spent in GBS :barf:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

angryhampster posted:

I'mma go to a local burger chain this week to show up all you turds. Maybe Tuesday.

Bitch, I live in Iowa. We got bigass cows.

I miss culvers.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's right around 6 years since I first started lurking. Still feels like "yeah I registered last ye- the gently caress do you mean 2009?"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

That poo poo is meat soup. Gross. Steak and Shake is far better.

I prefer my real chili to be thicker and more stew like but if I'm out and in the mood for a quick sodium shock you can't beat Wendy's chili. We have a steak and shake here but it's out of my way so I've never been. Might have to check it out.

I just realized today marks 10 years I've been a registered SA member. I lurked for years before that, though. :v:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
It really shouldn't be a surprise but I read that Wendy's chili is made from old already-cooked burgers that they grind up and cook into the mix. How could you resist diving into that?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
So my wife and I moved to a very hilly area and are not sure what winter is going to look like (probably a couple weeks of snow and freezing rain/ice). I commute out of town for work half the week and she's largely on her own during that time in her 05 Civic (her commute varies between 15-60 minutes). I'd give her the Saabaru but she's really uncomfortable driving MT. I'm considering buying her an AWD beater to get comfortable driving a manual with and to not worry about banging up in the snow, but she's resistant towards adding another car.

I think the general wisdom is that winter tires do a lot more good in inclement weather than AWD, but if I were to get her a set of snow tires for the Civic, would you consider it safe enough in hilly conditions with lots of stop lights, ice, and soccer moms tearing around in crossovers on bald all seasons? It's not like the problem is too much power; she's basically making the same at the front wheels as the Saabaru.

Edit: FWIW, I'm thinking of getting General Altimax Arctics on steelies for both of us.

blk fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 10, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo, forgot to answer you at the 99 the other night. Ithink she'll be fine but have her practice with the snows. Steep hills are the hardest even on dedicated snows but everything else is a night and day improvement even over the best all seasons.

If my Civic can make it so can hers :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Dammit I fell asleep on the couch around 9. Woke up on the couch at midnight and realized my comforter was still wet in the washer. I took like 30 fleece blankets from the living room so I didn't freeze to death.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So thats my office (Work in National Parks). Today I got paid to burn my office down to the ground.

Although it involved walking for about a million kms up and down and across steep as gently caress slopes to do it, so my GOD do my feet hurt

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Ferremit posted:

So thats my office (Work in National Parks). Today I got paid to burn my office down to the ground.

You probably shouldn't admit to insurance fraud here :v:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fucknag posted:

It's right around 6 years since I first started lurking. Still feels like "yeah I registered last ye- the gently caress do you mean 2009?"

2008 here, and I probably lurked for a couple of years or so before that. So much wasted time.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hahahaha. This whole factory shut down today we can work above their machines but they don't even have the special boom lift they said would be ready for us.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Oh wow it's been a while since my reg-date too, hasn't it?

Also, baby, it's cold outside!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So last night I was working at my old GM's store.

It's in a pretty old shopping strip. The kind that has a double curb - you step up one curb, then step up onto the next one. Too small to be called steps.

One of them has large chunks of concrete missing before the edge. Caught that with my right foot. Pizza went flying (and still somehow came out in reasonable shape, nothing using a spatula couldn't fix), but all of my weight landed on my right knee, followed by my left. A customer was walking to their car, heard the "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!" and came running, asked if I wanted him to go inside and get my boss, tried to help me up, etc. Thanked him, but said no, give me a minute and I'll be able to get up.

Pretty sure I twisted the poo poo out of my right ankle. Right knee hurts like gently caress. Left knee doesn't hurt at all, but I ripped the knee out of my left knee on my pants. :confused:

Filled out an injury report, went to the urgent care clinic they contract with. poo poo, it's Sunday, they closed at 5pm, it's 9pm. Called my regular store to let my boss know I probably won't be in tomorrow (today now) and told him what happened. He asked if I wanted to go to the ER, I said that while it hurt, it wasn't worth hitting the company with a $30k bill just for walking in the door. He asked what paperwork the shift manager sent me out with.

I asked "paperwork?"

Boss: "He's supposed to send you with a physicians form, specifying what injuries you're claiming, requesting a drug test, and how to bill us. He didn't give you that?" No. "Then it's probably a good thing they were closed, you'd be paying out of pocket instead, and we wouldn't have paid for it. He did have you fill out the injury report at least, right?" No, he filled it out for me. "Did he have you sign it?" No. "Who the gently caress was the shift manager??

My boss at my regular store... used to be the GM of the store I was working at last night. He's very familiar with the chunks of concrete missing from the sidewalk and curbs, and has been after the landlord for years to fix it. His temper is also legendary.

Since I said I can wait until the morning, I'm going to go back up to the store around 9:30am to get the right paperwork from the GM, then go to sCareNow. I fell asleep shortly after getting home; probably a good thing, since the drug test I'll be taking also checks for alcohol. Even with the Naltrexone, I usually have 2 or 3 a night (down from 12+). I'm sure I'm going to get quizzed about testing positive for benzos, but once they run a GS/MS test on it they'll probably realize I'm taking quite a bit less than what I'm prescribed. Kind of concerned about the Ativan from the hospital showing up, but I have both the detailed billing (which lists each dose) and the full medication chart (both what was ordered and administered - it's 15 pages, since every dose is listed separately, plus drugs that were ordered but never administered).

Driving hurts like gently caress. If it was my left leg, I'd just have to get the car moving, then I could shift without the clutch. But I have to accelerate and brake with my right foot. I used the cruise control as much as possible on the way home. Even sitting the way I normally sit hurts like hell - usually if I'm in my desk chair, I sit cross-legged. It feels weird sitting with my feet on the ground.

Obviously I skipped Wal-Mart last night. Boss wasn't too pleased, but I did mention it was an OTJ injury, my knee was completely hosed along with an ankle, and that I'd have paperwork to release me to work. They actually have an automated 800 # to call in to, but I don't know my employee ID # (and you can't call in to the automated system without it). I don't see myself returning there for a couple of days, and definitely won't be able to do the bottom shelves for a bit.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Not five miles from my door is a 5 guys, on the other side of the street is In N Out burger. Living in Utah does have its perks.

We're pretty addicted to Smash Burger though. That place has an excellent burger.

We have all 3 here too. Two are excellent.

Too bad my doctor basically said "DON'T EAT ANY loving BURGERS" awhile back. I sneak one in about once a month.

Honestly, I prefer Burger King to 5 Guys.

Darchangel posted:

Dallas is good on that front, too. There's a 5 Guys, Smashburger, and In-N-Out all within lunch distance of my workplace. Twisted Root near the house. I wasn't all that impressed with In-N-Out, certainly not up to the hype that surrounded it's opening here. Good enough, but not godlike. Smashburger is awesome. Twisted Root is very good. % guys - need to visit again, and not get the fries. After the burger and them I was too full and it soured the experience.

I know I'm gonna get lynched for this, but I really don't care for Twisted Root. I love their pickle selection, but when the burgers are so greasy that both buns fall apart into a pile of mush on your first bite....

Also way too expensive.

Liquid Communism posted:

You're in Texas. Just hit up Whataburger.

Whataburger is the best 24/7 option.

Tomarse posted:

Nothing better than watching the tap fitting on your bathroom sink let go and start pouring water out of the underside onto the floor just after you sit down and commence an urgent morning excremeditation session (after going out for curry the night before). whilst hungover. gently caress you lovely cheap mixer taps made of chinesium.

To add insult to injury, you have to buy a special key to remove the water meter cover in the city I live in ($12 from Home Depot, $10 from the city, or pay the city $$$$$$$ to come out, turn it off, then call them back out when you want it turned back on). Learned that when we went to replace the seat/ball/whatever on an outdoor faucet that's been slowly dripping for awhile.. which went from dripping to "steady stream".

I have a drippy undersink valve I need to repair soon. There's already some water damage to the cabinet, but we plan to replace the entire vanity in a few years anyway.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 10, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
drat, I just remembered that I have a doctor's appointment at 2pm today. It's the first general wellness checkup I've had in about a decade (hooray for benefits), kinda worried that they are going to find all kinds of bad stuff but I'm probably worrying for nothing.

No Five Guys for lunch today, I guess :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its once again that time of year where I start sleeping with my window open due to the excellent weather here in florida. However it is also now the time of year where every morning at 8am, a small flock of barking cranes walk by my window making shittons of noise and waking me up. Fortunately I have an airsoft rifle next to my bed to shoot them with until they learn not to do it anymore, but unfortunately it apparently can't hit poo poo. I fired a dozen shots at 15 yards and missed every one. :haw:

• Locked thread