Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/ways-to-organize-your-entire-life-with-ikea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I hope that someone got paid for this. It's funny when it's transparent advertising but if it was just enthusiasm for ikea then it would just be sad.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope that someone got paid for this. It's funny when it's transparent advertising but if it was just enthusiasm for ikea then it would just be sad.

You realise there are entire blogs worth of Ikea hacks and Ikea organisation and Ikea fandom out there right? Ikea actually tried to shut the most popular one down.

People are weirdly obsessed with it. That said, I am going to Ikea in a couple of hours. :v:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Screaming Idiot posted:

hot dogs are the worst meat

I guess you've never heard of spam, then?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Want to hide your toilet paper? Use a shoe rack!

Need a place to store shoes? Use a wine rack!

It's like a loving clickhole article

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tiggum posted:

I guess you've never heard of spam, then?

I said meat.

bottybot
Feb 28, 2013
http://7secvidsu4.us/create-tuna-torch-brilliant/

Use a can of tuna like an obnoxious moron to stink the place out and render the tuna itself probably inedible.
You can probably get a whole pack of tealights for the price of one can of tuna, but I guess tealights won't produce that lovely smell that titillates the senses like only a tin of burning oily fish can do.

:barf:

Coming soon, the surströmming chandelier and the lutefisk spotlight.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

bottybot posted:

http://7secvidsu4.us/create-tuna-torch-brilliant/

Use a can of tuna like an obnoxious moron to stink the place out and render the tuna itself probably inedible.
You can probably get a whole pack of tealights for the price of one can of tuna, but I guess tealights won't produce that lovely smell that titillates the senses like only a tin of burning oily fish can do.

:barf:

Coming soon, the surströmming chandelier and the lutefisk spotlight.

loving gross. Why not just olive oil and a orange peel if you need a low tech candle. Least those are nice smells.

or
Or
loving or

Just buy a loving headlamp or led flashlight. They are like $5-10 dollars these days and produce more light and can last the whole night if need be.

Shwqa has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Nov 10, 2014

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
LIFE HACK: Most Restaurants Will Let You Die There For Free

http://www.clickhole.com/article/life-hack-most-restaurants-will-let-you-die-there--1341

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

#life hack die in a nation park and they pay for the funeral. But don't get nation park and forest confused. In a national forest they charge your family for retrieving the corpse and don't pay for the funeral.

I worked in a national park years ago and a lot of people kill themselves there :smith:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lifehacks for suicide are contradictory in nature.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

#deathacks

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Shwqa posted:

#life hack die in a nation park and they pay for the funeral. But don't get nation park and forest confused. In a national forest they charge your family for retrieving the corpse and don't pay for the funeral.

I worked in a national park years ago and a lot of people kill themselves there :smith:

Die in nature like a animal

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Beat the joke into the ground like a dead horse.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

IUG posted:

Beat the joke into the ground like a dead horse.

I think it would be "an dead horse."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'm pretty sure 90% of that is just what everyone does with poo poo from Ikea.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

Use drawer organizers to organize your drawers. Who would have thought?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fuckimg finally

A true hack

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm gonna try this

edit: checks out

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AGirlWonder posted:

Use drawer organizers to organize your drawers. Who would have thought?

Wait, stop! It says kitchen organisers, you can't move them two metres to the hallway to serve the exact same function :ohdear:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wait, stop! It says kitchen organisers, you can't move them two metres to the hallway to serve the exact same function :ohdear:

I'm pretty sure it's sponsored content.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
http://www.wowthatscool.com/-peachykeen/20-fun-food-hacks

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Money Saving Life Hacks posted:

Save money by using a veggie peeler to slice individual, tiny bars of soap

What? How does this save money? It just gives you a bunch of lovely soap scraps that are inconvenient to use.

The Same Stupid Site posted:

Use a roll of toilet paper to refill your tissue box

Or use a packet of tissues to refill your tissue box. Or, if you are going to use toilet paper as tissue, don't buy a tissue box at all.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Not My Leg posted:

What? How does this save money? It just gives you a bunch of lovely soap scraps that are inconvenient to use.

Or use a packet of tissues to refill your tissue box. Or, if you are going to use toilet paper as tissue, don't buy a tissue box at all.

Toilet paper tends to be more expensive than a box of tissues anyway. :psyduck:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Not My Leg posted:

I'm no scientist, but wouldn't that increase the surface area so the soap actually melts faster?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

If your choices are shave soap or pay outrageous prices for travel soaps, I guess I could see how that might save you a few bucks over a lifetime.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Smelly posted:

Toilet paper tends to be more expensive than a box of tissues anyway. :psyduck:

Not if you use the Sheryl Crow method of only using one squares of toilet paper.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

walrusman posted:

If your choices are shave soap or pay outrageous prices for travel soaps, I guess I could see how that might save you a few bucks over a lifetime.

#lifehack: instead of buying travel soaps, cut a chunk off your already existing bar of soap!

additional #lifehack: instead of tossing money at Big Soap, boil hog fat with hardwood ash and pour the resulting slurry into a mold. Straight dope: free soap!

Real #lifehack: use liquid soap in a pump bottle so your soap doesn't melt in the shower and it won't have pubic hair and soap-resistant bacteria crusted onto it!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I've seen my granddad buy massive bars of carbolic soap at the local carboot and then he just shaves bits off with a razor blade when he wants it, but he is around 85. So... #lifehack: shave bits off your soap with a razor blade if it's too big to fit into the sink otherwise?

Not that it stops him having to buy decent soap anyway, grandma won't touch it.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Cracked.com posted a list of winners today.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

quote:

This is one I actually wanna try because Apple cables fray so goddamn easily because they're so poorly reinforced.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nettle Soup posted:

I've seen my granddad buy massive bars of carbolic soap at the local carboot and then he just shaves bits off with a razor blade when he wants it, but he is around 85. So... #lifehack: shave bits off your soap with a razor blade if it's too big to fit into the sink otherwise?

Not that it stops him having to buy decent soap anyway, grandma won't touch it.

Use razors to slice up your wrists and never have to bathe again.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Paint a thing to give it colour.

Also, this is apparently a kid's room. Which is why it is decorated with a sushi cookbook and one featuring what appears to be 30 Italian recipes. Pretty sure the other book is also full of recipes, but it is in a moon language so I don't really know.

And does Ikea also sell paint, or do I have to go to another store to get the paint swatches to stick on the wall? Why don't I get this important information beforehand so I know if I have to make two trips instead of one before I lower my property value?

VVVV Nah, that's pretty safe. Once you get 244 of them together, then you could have some problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLHdBTQ7s

Antifreeze Head has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Nov 12, 2014

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

That 9-volt recharge solution sounds suspiciously like a good way to blow yourself up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You can get an 8-pack of Zest soap for like $5.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Choco1980 posted:

That 9-volt recharge solution sounds suspiciously like a good way to blow yourself up.

I can't imagine a situation where I have a car charger and not a car.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I have to give them credit for not once using the words "life hack."

e: That's what I get for skipping straight to the pictures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The headphones/speakers = microphone is a great way to gently caress your speakers and/or sound card up.