Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

you don't even own or use one, and you're full of poo poo

don't own one but play one every week, spent about 3-4 hours on advanced warfare on an xbone on saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Herr Direktor posted:

Is halo multiplayer only 4v4 or is it just the game mode this guy is playing? I genuinely do not know.

Apparently everything is exactly as capable as its original game was, so some multiplayer maps let you do, for example, 4-player splitsceen, while others max out at 2 because why would anyone want new things in their upscaled $60 anthology game?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

ps it hasn't improved since then and won't either thanks bye.

wrong, it's good and better than the 360, thanks for playing

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yes but that is the important part. What they designed, down to the insane physical DRM, literally always-on, always watching camera that was going to read your pulse while it watched you watch TV, was built to be anything but an adequate-if-not-samey video game console.

It was a huge trojan horse that didnt even get pulled into the city. Instead the townsfolk left it to rot and then fashioned the remaining boards into a walkway to fix the old one and are quite content to saunter up and down it at their own leisure.

Meanwhile MS is sitting back from its distant vantage point, having wasted countless hours, dollars and lives on building the horse, rubbing its hands going "any day now, any day now they'll spring out of... that.... walkway... and then, oh and then..."

To what end. They never wanted to be where they are and there is no rebuilding the horse/All In One Spy-tainment-DRM console from here.

are you literally insane

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

wrong, it's good and better than the 360, thanks for playing

it demonstrably isn't

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the controller alone is dog poo poo compared to the 360. they didn't even fix the dpad properly!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

He's not wrong. The console as it exists right now is built on compromises and isn't giving them the crazy Kinect-level metadata they'd hoped to sell to advertisers. That's a huge blow to Microsoft's bottom line.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

To be honest after launch week the material really went stale, unless you think '32mb of ram!' repeated over and over is funny (you probably do).
I'd say there's better comedy material if you look at the Sony camp right now.

Good games coming this holiday season? Shh.

Driveclub multi working yet? Uhm

Free version of driveclub everyone was promised as compensation for the full year delay? Yeah about that...

At least psn is totally solid now everyone is forced to pony up fifty dollars a year? Sort of!

A real poo poo show :laugh:

But you can't laugh unfortunately, because mugs like you and captain capslock actually went out and bought a system that's best exclusive is knack :(

I don't understand why you keep looking at Driveclub. It'd be like us laughing that your free copy of Lococycle was delayed. Most PS4 users are happy getting three free games for each of the last 3 months.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stux posted:

the controller alone is dog poo poo compared to the 360. they didn't even fix the dpad properly!

$100 million dollars can't be wrong

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ethanol posted:

are you literally insane

I'm as nuts as the idea of making you walk down to GameStop to see if a publisher is going to allow you to pay $15+ to share a game with your best friend making it out of a brainstorming session in a snack-laden Redmond conference room.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bobtista posted:

$100 million dollars can't be wrong

again, day one controller i was using on saturday, with the full day one monogramming and everything? upwards stick drift on the left stick. the same issue the 360 pads had their whole life. after a year. on their second player pad, i.e. not the most used one. ridiculous.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Am I imagining it or was there some advertising material that came out where Microsoft was informing content providers how they could use the kinnect to see how many people were watching something and charge accordingly?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the other one wasn't unscathed either, no stick drift but the X button sometimes gets caught under the shell lmao

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

again, day one controller i was using on saturday, with the full day one monogramming and everything? upwards stick drift on the left stick. the same issue the 360 pads had their whole life. after a year. on their second player pad, i.e. not the most used one. ridiculous.

so your controller was broken, lucky that happened so you can latch on to that and apply it to every console and poo poo up the thread

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Stux posted:

demonstrably

HarveyxCosmonaut
Jan 27, 2009

univbee posted:

He's not wrong. The console as it exists right now is built on compromises and isn't giving them the crazy Kinect-level metadata they'd hoped to sell to advertisers. That's a huge blow to Microsoft's bottom line.

This is why they kept insisting Xbox wasn't competing with Sony or Nintendo but Ballmer's true enemy Google. They assumed they owned the market and consumers would buy the brand so they could sell the product to advertisers. That's where the big bucks are. It amazes me that people think that Microsoft is a friendly consumer concerned company.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mental illness.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seedge posted:

I don't understand why you keep looking at Driveclub. It'd be like us laughing that your free copy of Lococycle was delayed. Most PS4 users are happy getting three free games for each of the last 3 months.

No, don't you see, every PS4 owner on the face of the earth was expecting Driveclub to be the Alpha and Omega of games. It was going to change the face of games as they knew them. It was also going to bring peace in the middle east, solve the AIDS crisis in Africa and bring home the troops.

It was just some driving sim that turned out to be bad, but it makes Crafty feel better about Titanfail and Sunset Overhype if he pretends the entire installed userbase for PS4 was heartbroken by Driveclub being terrible

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

so your controller was broken, lucky that happened so you can latch on to that and apply it to every console and poo poo up the thread

broken in the same way that 360 pads get broken over time. in a year. I've had 2 360 pads go to the stick drift issue, and the 3rd just started it but i can't be bothered to replace it again now. going to guess the xbone pad has the same endemic issue.

and thats without touching that the controller itself is worse than the 360 anyway, even ignoring faults.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

broken in the same way that 360 pads get broken over time. in a year. I've had 2 360 pads go to the stick drift issue, and the 3rd just started it but i can't be bothered to replace it again now. going to guess the xbone pad has the same endemic issue.

and thats without touching that the controller itself is worse than the 360 anyway, even ignoring faults.

And yet I still have perfectly working xbox 360 controllers from 2005

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ethanol posted:

poo poo up the thread
You either get a thread that lives on page 5 and comes up for air for a post announcing OS & UI patch notes, or you get a thread full of insane people that are going to discuss every single aspect of the console and tease out the negatives of every bit of news.

If you dont like it, maybe then its time to post a cuddlebox as the hugbox has become too sharky.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Stux posted:

Stick drift is terrible, I've bought 5 360 controllers due to that poo poo. The original Xbox didn't have this problem, what the gently caress happened

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

Whoa, nice! How's the 2005 console itself?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee posted:

Whoa, nice! How's the 2005 console itself?

it broke and microsoft fixed it for free four years after I bought it, thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

yeah i have one as well, but it was wired and i liked the wireless ones more, and they've all got hosed up some how. i would just use the wired one but it got stood on a few months ago and broke the right stick. left one is still fine, but you don't need a 100% failure rate to show an issue in the design or manufacturing of a product.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Louisgod posted:

mental illness.

So a step up from literal human trash then? Age has softened you like oxygenated jerky.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You either get a thread that lives on page 5 and comes up for air for a post announcing OS * UI patch notes, or you get a thread full of insane people that are going to discuss every single aspect of the console and tease out the negatives of every bit of news.

If you dont like it, maybe then its time to post a cuddlebox as the hugbox has become too sharky.

They should do what reddit wanted to do and make everyone post a receipt for their xbone before being allowed to post.

Someone start a new sharktank when they start a new hugbox and then see whether buyers remorse or schadenfreude powers a thread better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cubey posted:

Stick drift is terrible, I've bought 5 360 controllers due to that poo poo. The original Xbox didn't have this problem, what the gently caress happened

cost cutting. like our crab friend earlier who had the internals on the left stick breaking, they're just not made very well internally and have some issues.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lmao stux attacking one of the most universally acclaimed components of the xbone

I unironically love my xbone controller

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

So a step up from literal human trash then? Age has softened you like oxygenated jerky.

Why can't it be both? Literal trash with hosed up mental issues. Greetings, goon

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

that's how I felt when I saw the unveiling, but since then, the xbox one has really come into its own as the third xbox. Using it kinectless and just as a gaming console, it feels and plays exactly like the 360 did with many upgrades and new useful features. for example, the snapping is actually cool and useful and works well without the kinect. microsoft actually listened to the negative reaction and really did some nice turns with their direction

The Xbone has become everything MS didn't want it to be. They wanted it to be a TV/advertising box. They were going to be the darlings of game publishers by not allowing used games. Now it's just a poorly selling underpowered console.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ethanol posted:

lmao stux attacking one of the most universally acclaimed components of the xbone

Who the gently caress has acclaimed it?

It's objectively worse than the 360 controller, which was actually the nicest controller currently available until the DS4 existed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

it really isn't, the sticks are too loose, not quite as bad as the DS3, but they're not as sharp as the 360 pads and are too tall. the new edging isn't very nice either. the triggers don't have enough travel on them and the weird padded feeling where they stop is unpleasant. the bumpers are tragic, awful shape, weird placement wrt how you have to press them for them to click compared to the 360s. the dpad is an improvement on the 360, but it still isn't consistent enough, and diagonals in particular it still has trouble with.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

*stux knocks heavily on the door, dripping wet from the walk in the rain from the bus stop. tommy's mom opens the door. "oh it's you again, great, tommy is upstairs, please be quiet this time"
stux heads upstairs, and mumbles hello at tommy. tommy rolls his eyes, he's enjoying the master chief collection, and now his 'best friend' stux is here to play. stux lets out a long sigh and picks up a bone controller. tommy looks at him, waiting patiently. 'god drat it, this loving controller is so bad, whatever let's play'. tommy sighs again and loads up the game. 'god loving dammit microsoft, 343 added ADS to this!? how cold they let 343 do this? god drat it, this is so loving lame' tommy sighs and puts down his controller. stux plays for another hour, eventually screaming at the tv. tommy's mom yells up the stairs for stux to be quiet. stux says ok and loads up 'zanzibar'. tommy sighs and leaves the room. 'loving MICROSOFT' he hears as he walks towards the kitchen, catching his mom's eye and wishing he wasn't friends with stux

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bobtista posted:

Who the gently caress has acclaimed it?

It's objectively worse than the 360 controller, which was actually the nicest controller currently available until the DS4 existed.

Better things about the Xbone controllers vs a 360 controller:

1. I like the triggers
2. The Dpad is better

Everything else is worse.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

*stux knocks heavily on the door, dripping wet from the walk in the rain from the bus stop. tommy's mom opens the door. "oh it's you again, great, tommy is upstairs, please be quiet this time"
stux heads upstairs, and mumbles hello at tommy. tommy rolls his eyes, he's enjoying the master chief collection, and now his 'best friend' stux is here to play. stux lets out a long sigh and picks up a bone controller. tommy looks at him, waiting patiently. 'god drat it, this loving controller is so bad, whatever let's play'. tommy sighs again and loads up the game. 'god loving dammit microsoft, 343 added ADS to this!? how cold they let 343 do this? god drat it, this is so loving lame' tommy sighs and puts down his controller. stux plays for another hour, eventually screaming at the tv. tommy's mom yells up the stairs for stux to be quiet. stux says ok and loads up 'zanzibar'. tommy sighs and leaves the room. 'loving MICROSOFT' he hears as he walks towards the kitchen, catching his mom's eye and wishing he wasn't friends with stux

this exactly except its two friends at their flat, and the second who was also going buy an xbone has since changed his mind and got a ps4 after spending just short of a year with an xbone

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

ethanol posted:

T-T-T-TOMMY AND STUX!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also the guy that own the bone had sunset overdrive and has already traded it in because he said it was boring and unfunny and has been playing second son on the ps4 instead lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Stux posted:

also the guy that own the bone had sunset overdrive and has already traded it in because he said it was boring and unfunny and has been playing second son on the ps4 instead lmao

so now instead of playing a boring game he's playing a boring game

good trade imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cubey posted:

so now instead of playing a boring game he's playing a boring game

good trade imo

infamous isn't the best game or anything, but from what i played of SO (a few hours worth) id take second son over it. def would take first light over it because that owns (and is free in january)

• Locked thread