Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

There's a few of that type of quest in Rookborne, he ends up with 36 fuel after 3 minutes. I forgot about the prize boxes giving eco fuel, but some one with the teleport hack can still generate a ton a fuel for relatively low effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I still don't understand how MMOs in 2014 don't know to guard against teleport hacks. Unless AA has something really weird in their protocol, it's just a matter of proper server-side movement verification.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
for whatever reason XLGames decided that eh, gently caress it, client side checks are just fine for almost everything

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Hmmm the cash shop boxes do seem to be targeting gold farmers/hackers.
Plant trees on the underside of the world> give away trees in cash shop.
TP hack to get eco-fuel > give away fuel in the cash shop.

Since APEX is the only way I know of to trade funbucks, it makes it hard to buy a thunderstruck with dollars without giving money to Trion.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I straight up can't purchase a subscription via Paypal and it's not accepting my (valid) crreditcard. I get "We are unable to complete your purchase."

Apparently I'm not the first one. Does anyone know a solution?

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

Eruonen posted:

I straight up can't purchase a subscription via Paypal and it's not accepting my (valid) crreditcard. I get "We are unable to complete your purchase."

Apparently I'm not the first one. Does anyone know a solution?

I had the same problem for a while as well. If you haven't opened up a ticket yet, do so. But in the meantime if you set up an account at Rixty and charge your credit card for internet dollars you can pay using that method.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

I had the same problem for a while as well. If you haven't opened up a ticket yet, do so. But in the meantime if you set up an account at Rixty and charge your credit card for internet dollars you can pay using that method.

I did make a ticket. I don't see a Rixty payment option though.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Umbreon posted:

Reporting my personal experience with the above mentioned east guilds:

AussieAge: after i went unpirate, i joined up with them. They seem very condensed in terms of how pubbielike they are, they can go from joking around in gchat to at each others throats because they literally keep killing each other in hasla. :stare:

They also did not like the fact that me and a friend stole a fishing boat from BWTC. BWTC went crying to a guild officer after me and a (unguilded and fresh 50) buddy managed to kill the crew of a BWTC fishing boat and steal it. Said officer whispered me sometime later wondering wtf i was thinking, and after he started explaining things about "FISHING PACTS" and "respect fishing", I saw the life of this thread flashing before my eyes and gquit. (I did say to tell BWTC that i was kicked for my heinous crimes)

Tl; dr: dont join aussieage if you plan on not respecting fishing. :v:

Traphouse: I saw a group of 6 traphouse dudes farming in hasla, so i tried to chat them up and see if they were recruiting. No responses from any of them. I figured they must be on mental autopilot from hasla grinding, so I ran into them middle of them, and spoke to the closest member by name and asked again. And was promptly ignored again.

I was later doing some arena matches and one of them (Pope, iirc) was on my team. I chatted him up and we were talking for a bit after the match. The moment I asked if traphouse had any recruiting policies, he promptly stopped responding to me and hasnt answered a whisper ever since. :smith:

Tl; dr: Im guessing they all intentionally ignored me for a reason unknown to me. Maybe theyll care about you enough to respond to you if youre geared or something?

BWTC: The crew we killed started making death threats to me and my friend when they spotted us on the villanelle docks after we ran off from the fishing boat. Forestcrow dudes, BWTC and like 2 other guilds all showed up in clippers and a loving galleon to swarm us (yes, all that for 2 ungeared scrubs on a clipper) after we killed another one of the people who were angrily chasing us into ynystere. i desummoned my boat as a harpoon was midair to catch us, and we made it on to land and sped away.

Tl; dr: do not join BWTC unless you dont mind FISHING PACTS and "please respect fishing". Also make sure you dont mind your guildmates being so mad about fishing that they will literally call in 4 guilds, a fleet of clippers and a galleon to try and kill 2 ungeared 50s on a clipper. (And still gently caress it up and let them escape)

Yet more goons being oppressed by fishing nazis.

When will this madness end?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well, if you don't respect fishing in this game you are a terrible person

also I wonder if the people in goon squad that got super angry about fishing are looking back and thinking how dumb that was yet

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 10, 2014

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Yet more goons being oppressed by fishing nazis.

When will this madness end?

When fishing stops being the most profitable use of labor in the game with the exception of activities gated by enormous gilda requirements and carrying enormous risk.

[edit] also the most scalable

Or, alternatively, when prices inflate to the point that using labor on fishing is no longer attractive (at which point there will be merchant ship pacts, I guarantee).

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
There will never be merchant ship agreements on the scale that there is fishing because frame rates aside, you don't make less money when more people are fishing, but you make less money if there are more people running the same packs are you.

Also fishing only scales to the point where you stop getting reasonable fps

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

There will never be merchant ship agreements on the scale that there is fishing because frame rates aside, you don't make less money when more people are fishing, but you make less money if there are more people running the same packs are you.

Also fishing only scales to the point where you stop getting reasonable fps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

kznlol posted:

When fishing stops being the most profitable use of labor in the game with the exception of activities gated by enormous gilda requirements and carrying enormous risk.

[edit] also the most scalable

Or, alternatively, when prices inflate to the point that using labor on fishing is no longer attractive (at which point there will be merchant ship pacts, I guarantee).

Damm you and your common sense and logic. I want to stew in my anger at fish and fishermen. I want to be bitter about anything that involves fish. I want to stop eating all fish except for the Filet-O-Fish (I don't think that's real fish).

I don't want to have anything to do with fish. I gave up my seat on the bus to a fat lady because I didn't want to be selfish. She looked at me and said "Thank you young man, that is the most unselfish thing I have seen today".

Does that even count? I do something generous to avoid fish and I am unfish. Dammm you fishermen, you have made it to where I am fish no mater what I do. I hate you all.

And your boats are an ugly shade of green! Worst green ever. If I see that green on a building I turn around and go the other way. Fish Green, worst green.

I tried to vote last week till my friend asked me if I wanted a ride to the pole. The fisherman conspiracy continues, not only have they taken away my fun, but now they are trying to suppress my vote. Next they will require a fishing license to be able to vote.

FIIIIISHHH!!!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Inflation won't help you if everyone is running charcoal packs or whatever--you'll have almost half payout and the market will be oversupplied with whatever you're selling if everyone is just spam running merchant ships

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

Inflation won't help you if everyone is running charcoal packs or whatever--you'll have almost half payout and the market will be oversupplied with whatever you're selling if everyone is just spam running merchant ships

You aren't going to be turning in for materials. If fishing ever ends, it's going to be because people start turning in packs for gold.

[edit] The key thing here is that fishing will never stop. At best, there will be a cycle where fishing becomes unattractive and then becomes attractive again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dahn posted:

Damm you and your common sense and logic. I want to stew in my anger at fish and fishermen. I want to be bitter about anything that involves fish. I want to stop eating all fish except for the Filet-O-Fish (I don't think that's real fish).

I don't want to have anything to do with fish. I gave up my seat on the bus to a fat lady because I didn't want to be selfish. She looked at me and said "Thank you young man, that is the most unselfish thing I have seen today".

Does that even count? I do something generous to avoid fish and I am unfish. Dammm you fishermen, you have made it to where I am fish no mater what I do. I hate you all.

And your boats are an ugly shade of green! Worst green ever. If I see that green on a building I turn around and go the other way. Fish Green, worst green.

I tried to vote last week till my friend asked me if I wanted a ride to the pole. The fisherman conspiracy continues, not only have they taken away my fun, but now they are trying to suppress my vote. Next they will require a fishing license to be able to vote.

FIIIIISHHH!!!

this sure is a post

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

well, if you don't respect fishing in this game you are a terrible person

also I wonder if the people in goon squad that got super angry about fishing are looking back and thinking how dumb that was yet

Well, we left, so we can actually fish from time to time. Get pirated by Customer Support, but getting pirated by both them and every green at a fishing hole would be worse. So all in all, I think it worked out well.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

My point was is that fishing doesn't scale very well because if every major guild is pulling in a ton of fish the actual net wealth effect on your guild is very low, assuming that people who fish are going to do anything except line their pockets. For there to be an increase in wealth in this game there have to be:

1) People getting money
2) Other people not getting money

This is why fishing pacts are really dumb, because they only work if a small percentage of each guild is actually fishing and then keeping all the money for themselves. In other words, enriching other guilds at a cost to your guildies. In this post-rumbling tree world fishing is extra-super dumb because literally everyone can fish if they want to. Taking fish from others is still the best activity because you're not only getting money for yourselves but you're also preventing money from going to other people. Also it's not loving boring.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

My point was is that fishing doesn't scale very well because if every major guild is pulling in a ton of fish the actual net wealth effect on your guild is very low, assuming that people who fish are going to do anything except line their pockets. For there to be an increase in wealth in this game there have to be:

1) People getting money

This is why fishing pacts are really dumb, because they only work if a small percentage of each guild is actually fishing and then keeping all the money for themselves. In other words, enriching other guilds at a cost to your guildies. In this post-rumbling tree world fishing is extra-super dumb because literally everyone can fish if they want to. Taking fish from others is still the best activity because you're not only getting money for yourselves but you're also preventing money from going to other people. Also it's not loving boring.

Sure, I'm not arguing that fishing doesn't cause inflation, but I was just pointing out that "merchant ship pacts" would be even dumber because you'd get hosed by trade pack percentages and oversupply of stabilizers (when applicable). At least with fishing, you know a marlin is going to be 8-10g. With an international pack, you're looking at 5-13 charcoal at whatever the market price is. Maybe you get hosed, maybe you don't

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

1) People getting money

There are a lot of ships out fishing, but also being pirated. A lot of people quit after being pirated once, or just get bored with the process. Pacts aren't really an issue, since they don't really keep you safe, they just make fishing viable. Now, when they add in island fish stands and people can fish in a much larger area (not just the two popular areas people fish in now on the west), you may see that... But people were saying prices of gear would skyrocket the more we fished, but that hasn't been the case.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Sure, I'm not arguing that fishing doesn't cause inflation, but I was just pointing out that "merchant ship pacts" would be even dumber because you'd get hosed by trade pack percentages and oversupply of stabilizers (when applicable). At least with fishing, you know a marlin is going to be 8-10g. With an international pack, you're looking at 5-13 charcoal at whatever the market price is. Maybe you get hosed, maybe you don't

The only way to keep other merchant guilds from driving your trade prices down is to monopolize all the land in a single zone and put down a fellowship plaza. You'll be crafting packs they can't while they're dealing with diminishing returns.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Malakesh was fidgeting, unsure of how the negotiations were about to pan out. "This isn't right," he told himself. He was a goon of the sea; the crisp, salty breeze. The blue waves undulating over the horizon. The boats of pubbies perpendicular with the surface of the water, making full revolutions at 3 times a second. That was his home.

He was a fisherman.

Not a diplomat. Not someone who parlayed with opponents on land. Sure, the 16x16 beachfront villa he was using as a base of operations was furnished well, and any bot worth its salt would drool at the chance to snatch up this amazing piece of real estate, but it didn't make him feel comfortable. Malakesh turned back toward the mirror to groom his hair and adjust the position of his admiral's hat. He wasn't really an admiral, of course, but Kimsemus wouldn't know that. All he had to do was negotiate a ceasefire. His superiors allowed him a token amount of the stolen supplies to be used as a bargaining chip, but what if it wasn't enough? What if Kimsemus demanded more, and he couldn't deliver? Maybe he was just being used as bait to lure Kimsemus out? He cursed the higher-ups for not telling him anything. Whenever he tried to press for more information, all he was told was "OPSEC". Every question, nothing but "OPSEC". Even asking for the definition of OPSEC got him nothing but "OPSEC" in reply. He was still busy trying to figure out what the acronym stood for when the door behind him swung open. Malakesh gulped hard and spun around; he was here. He looked much more...dashing than Malakesh expected.

Kimsemus, scourge of the seas, had entered the house. He turned, just for a moment, to spit out the tobacco in his mouth out into the grass before resuming his course into the main room. Toward Malakesh. And he could see it in Kimsemus's eyes; it wasn't stone he was after. Kimsemus looks him up and down, then grins.

"Yer level 16, aren't ya? I can smell it on ya," Kimsemus grumbled. Malakesh was taken by surprise by the comment. Did he really look the part? True, it was the hottest level, but did he detect a bit of interest in Kimsemus's voice? Wait, why was he thinking about that? He had to focus on the deal. On the stone. Stones. Kimsemus certainly had some big ones to come unarmed...Malakesh shook his head and looked back up to meet him in the eye.

"The council has heard your demands for the stone and is willing to negotiate-" but Malakesh couldn't continue. Kimsemus continued to stride through the room, toward Malakesh.

"I ain't no landlubber. It's not about the stone. But perhaps," Kimsemus purred, "ye could offer me something more."

So it's true. Malakesh blushed. Kimsemus was a goonfucker, just like him. And now that they were together...Malakesh spoke: "This is quite unprofessional. I'm flattered by your advances, but this-"

"Shhh," Kimsemus interrupted, leaning in close. Malakesh's back was against the wall now. Kimsemus gingerly took off Malakesh's admiral hat with one hand while he reached for the kraken tentacle mounted by the fireplace. "Nobody needs to know. It's not like this is happening on an American server."

Malakesh couldn't say no to that. And truth be told, he always wanted to be taken on a ride by Kimsemus's big red boat. They leaned closer, and let their feelings lead them from there.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Unguided posted:

The only way to keep other merchant guilds from driving your trade prices down is to monopolize all the land in a single zone and put down a fellowship plaza. You'll be crafting packs they can't while they're dealing with diminishing returns.

Yeah, good luck with that.

:catstare:

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

1) People getting money

There's all sorts of problems here. The first is that you have essentially zero market power. Your decision to fish or not to fish will have no measurable impact on the quantity of money in the economy, and thus no impact on the price level. The fact you're stealing the fish from someone else doesn't make any measurable difference either.

A single player has to treat the path of the aggregate price level as a given. In terms of making money, once you realize that your only real constraints are time and labor, you find the highest revenue per labor activity you can do and do it. Once you blow through your labor, you can do other poo poo like steal fish or whatever, but unless you're able to steal fish so fast that you generate more gold than you do burning labor (which you can't), blowing the labor (and thus, fishing) is the higher priority.

The aggregate price level only enters into your decision making in one way - if prices are rising so fast that you can't make real wealth gains by fishing, your best use of labor isn't going to be fishing, it's going to be producing something that's in demand by those who can make real wealth gains by fishing. That's a more complicated decision, but the answer is never going to be "stop using labor and go pirating".

Basically all the gold fountains in the game require labor to use, and producing anything that other players will pay for also requires labor. You can dodge the requirement to input your own labor by stealing poo poo from other players and using their labor, but that's so time-inefficient that unless you get tons of enjoyment from it (which, sure, I can believe) it's not worth doing.

If players are rational, fishing is never going to stop.

[edit] Unless they add another gold fountain that's even better, obviously. PLEASE GIVE ME WHALING

kznlol fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 10, 2014

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

kznlol posted:

You can dodge the requirement to input your own labor by stealing poo poo from other players and using their labor, but that's so time-inefficient that unless you get tons of enjoyment from it (which, sure, I can believe) it's not worth doing.

Why do people keep saying this? When I was with customer support our main gold block was the fact that we could only turn fish in on Freedich so we would have to stage it for long periods of time and we would run out of space to stage fish almost immediately. The other issue was we were limited by how many fish we could carry at a time because the guild only had like a single fishing boat. I suspect that that has changed in the past few days. The idea that full fishing boats are difficult to locate or something is laughable. We'd find them two at a time with a merchant boat and we'd either run out of space to store fish or the merchant boat owner would have to leave. Pirating fish is absolutely more time-efficient than actually fishing, because we can find and steal a boat full of fish with 5 people much faster than 5 people can find a good spot and fill a boat full of fish. Factor in chum & lures and it's not even close.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Cyberventurer posted:

Malakesh was fidgeting, unsure of how the negotiations were about to pan out. "This isn't right," he told himself. He was a goon of the sea; the crisp, salty breeze. The blue waves undulating over the horizon. The boats of pubbies perpendicular with the surface of the water, making full revolutions at 3 times a second. That was his home.

He was a fisherman.

Not a diplomat. Not someone who parlayed with opponents on land. Sure, the 16x16 beachfront villa he was using as a base of operations was furnished well, and any bot worth its salt would drool at the chance to snatch up this amazing piece of real estate, but it didn't make him feel comfortable. Malakesh turned back toward the mirror to groom his hair and adjust the position of his admiral's hat. He wasn't really an admiral, of course, but Kimsemus wouldn't know that. All he had to do was negotiate a ceasefire. His superiors allowed him a token amount of the stolen supplies to be used as a bargaining chip, but what if it wasn't enough? What if Kimsemus demanded more, and he couldn't deliver? Maybe he was just being used as bait to lure Kimsemus out? He cursed the higher-ups for not telling him anything. Whenever he tried to press for more information, all he was told was "OPSEC". Every question, nothing but "OPSEC". Even asking for the definition of OPSEC got him nothing but "OPSEC" in reply. He was still busy trying to figure out what the acronym stood for when the door behind him swung open. Malakesh gulped hard and spun around; he was here. He looked much more...dashing than Malakesh expected.

Kimsemus, scourge of the seas, had entered the house. He turned, just for a moment, to spit out the tobacco in his mouth out into the grass before resuming his course into the main room. Toward Malakesh. And he could see it in Kimsemus's eyes; it wasn't stone he was after. Kimsemus looks him up and down, then grins.

"Yer level 16, aren't ya? I can smell it on ya," Kimsemus grumbled. Malakesh was taken by surprise by the comment. Did he really look the part? True, it was the hottest level, but did he detect a bit of interest in Kimsemus's voice? Wait, why was he thinking about that? He had to focus on the deal. On the stone. Stones. Kimsemus certainly had some big ones to come unarmed...Malakesh shook his head and looked back up to meet him in the eye.

"The council has heard your demands for the stone and is willing to negotiate-" but Malakesh couldn't continue. Kimsemus continued to stride through the room, toward Malakesh.

"I ain't no landlubber. It's not about the stone. But perhaps," Kimsemus purred, "ye could offer me something more."

So it's true. Malakesh blushed. Kimsemus was a goonfucker, just like him. And now that they were together...Malakesh spoke: "This is quite unprofessional. I'm flattered by your advances, but this-"

"Shhh," Kimsemus interrupted, leaning in close. Malakesh's back was against the wall now. Kimsemus gingerly took off Malakesh's admiral hat with one hand while he reached for the kraken tentacle mounted by the fireplace. "Nobody needs to know. It's not like this is happening on an American server."

Malakesh couldn't say no to that. And truth be told, he always wanted to be taken on a ride by Kimsemus's big red boat. They leaned closer, and let their feelings lead them from there.

keep going KEEP GOING GOD DAMNIT

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

Pirating fish is absolutely more time-efficient than actually fishing, because we can find and steal a boat full of fish with 5 people much faster than 5 people can find a good spot and fill a boat full of fish. Factor in chum & lures and it's not even close.

I don't believe you.

For the purposes of a simple argument: there are 3 stages to fishing, and 3 stages to pirating fish. Stage 1 is finding fish or finding fishing boats - I would be very surprised if finding boats was faster than finding fish, or even as fast, but lets assume they take the same amount of time. Stage 2 is fishing or stealing the boat. If you're putting 5 people on the fishing boat, they can fill the boat in 6-7 minutes at the outside (unless you count waiting for gargantuans which is retarded). I'm going to assume stealing a boat is instantaneous even though that's ridiculous. Stage 3 is getting back to a fish stand and turning in. Fishers, for obvious reasons, pick spots that are near a turnin. Pirates don't have that luxury. You have to somehow get back to Freedich and turn in within 6 minutes of the time it would take a normal fisher to turn in to the closest spot they can find. I'm fairly sure that is pretty much impossible.

Staging makes this a bit more complicated but is simply going to subtract time from whatever gets added when I add in the fact you have to base out of Freedich.

Meanwhile, if you go stealing fish as a non-pirate, you're eventually going to eat jailtime.

Yet another issue is that you definitely cannot steal fish as fast with 1 person pirating as with 5 - but you can fish precisely as fast with 1 as with 5.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Cyberventurer posted:

He was a fisherman.

Why did you stop? :catstare:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Finding the boats is pretty easy because you can either find the boats at the spot, or find the boats on the way to/from the spot, and if you know where the spots generally are, it's even easier. Really on the western continent, if you just hang around the nuian starting zone / pumpkin patch, half of the clippers that go north are going to a fishing spot. Stealing boats is pretty quick so it may as well be instantaneous. The part that's not instant is getting the fish out of the boat.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

kznlol posted:

I don't believe you.

For the purposes of a simple argument: there are 3 stages to fishing, and 3 stages to pirating fish. Stage 1 is finding fish or finding fishing boats - I would be very surprised if finding boats was faster than finding fish, or even as fast, but lets assume they take the same amount of time. Stage 2 is fishing or stealing the boat. If you're putting 5 people on the fishing boat, they can fill the boat in 6-7 minutes at the outside (unless you count waiting for gargantuans which is retarded). I'm going to assume stealing a boat is instantaneous even though that's ridiculous. Stage 3 is getting back to a fish stand and turning in. Fishers, for obvious reasons, pick spots that are near a turnin. Pirates don't have that luxury. You have to somehow get back to Freedich and turn in within 6 minutes of the time it would take a normal fisher to turn in to the closest spot they can find. I'm fairly sure that is pretty much impossible.

Staging makes this a bit more complicated but is simply going to subtract time from whatever gets added when I add in the fact you have to base out of Freedich.

Meanwhile, if you go stealing fish as a non-pirate, you're eventually going to eat jailtime.

Yet another issue is that you definitely cannot steal fish as fast with 1 person pirating as with 5 - but you can fish precisely as fast with 1 as with 5.

Honestly, even if it takes them twice as long to pirate as it takes you to fish it up, that's still probably really good. That's also a couple of orders of magnitude better than what the Goon Squad pirating crew could manage.

Edit: This does, however sidestep a big issue, which is that pirating is never as sustainable as fishing for a sufficiently large group, because if you steal all of their fish, the fishermen won't keep fishing, then nobody makes any money, which was the entire reason for the ~evil fishing pact~ in the first place.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 10, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Eminai posted:

Honestly, even if it takes them twice as long to pirate as it takes you to fish it up, that's still probably really good. That's also a couple of orders of magnitude better than what the Goon Squad pirating crew could manage.

Edit: This does, however sidestep a big issue, which is that pirating is never as sustainable as fishing for a sufficiently large group, because if you steal all of their fish, the fishermen won't keep fishing, then nobody makes any money, which was the entire reason for the ~evil fishing pact~ in the first place.

Fishers have been getting pirated for a long time. They still fish.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that Kimsemus/Malakesh slashfic was hot

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kznlol posted:

I don't believe you.

Let me tell you how I pirated fishers before I stopped playing because lol you are wrong.
1) my friends go fishing and tell me where boats are
2)swim out and murder
3)my friends take the fish and turn them them in for me.

I just stayed in the water murdering carebears until I got bored and made bank in both money and tears.

Customer support does the same thing. You need to launder your fish because fish are serious business.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eminai posted:

For goons, the fish were just the bonus, it was more about making a point. Which never really got made, since they only pirate for short periods of prime time. I don't imagine they were making 600-1k gold a day doing that.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

apseudonym posted:

Let me tell you how I pirated fishers before I stopped playing because lol you are wrong.
2)swim out and murder

I just stayed in the water murdering carebears until I got bored and made bank in both money and tears.

Customer support does the same thing. You need to launder your fish because fish are serious business.

Yes because that would continue working if you did it every day for weeks on end.

wait

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kznlol posted:

Yes because that would continue working if you did it every day for weeks on end.

wait

Like I give a gently caress, tears are worth their weight in gold and doing it till fishing dried up would be worth far more than the lost fish.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who cares if people fish in a video game

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Who cares if people fish in a video game

A lot apparently.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

apseudonym posted:

2)swim out and murder

I am surprised no other people have on caught on to this technique.
Sit under the fish hole, and watch the fish, as soon as one dies you know there is going to be a guy with a pole jump in and pick it up. If he dies with the pack on it goes to the bottom, if he hasn't picked up yet it goes free loot. Buddy picks up fish and puts in boat.
Dahota's and fish chum both last 45 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fish

• Locked thread