Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
All my sp upgrades were reset. Is this a known bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Call of Duty has taught me that life in the futuristic Kevin Spacey corporate bioterrorism death camp is likely to be even less fun than this game.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The main thing that bugged me ab out kevin spacey was how his character model was noticeably brighter than any other character when he's in a cutscene. It's startlingly obvious during the funeral but continues throughout the game.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Handling

A weird one, this one ONLY seems to affect your HIP FIRE SPREAD. This guy says it didn't affect ADS time, swap time, sprint warmup/cooldown times, or flinch. It's apparently fairly minor as well.

Mobility

Nothing? Not reload, run speed, sprint speed, warmups/cooldowns, boost or jumps, boost times, knee slides, strafe speeds, ADS times (or incredibly minor), weapon swap times. More testing needed, I guess.
Mobility is probably the speed you can move while zoomed-in.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

TotalHell posted:

The Beer and Pretzels XMG is the stupidest, goofiest weapon. If you like pretending you're a giant robot with guns for hands, stomp around with that on; you'll probably die a lot, but who cares? You're a giant robot with akimbo LMGs now!
Have you found Bacon & Eggs yet? It's hilariously useless - you can't hit anything past 5 feet in front of you, and it takes a second to spin up the guns, AND the +2 damage still can't kill someone with 3 hits in hardcore.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
Why would anyone use Bacon and Eggs when Bread and Butter exists?

:cmon: look at dis poo poo!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Lunchboxx posted:

What did you do to unlock these cosmetics, YOU TELL ME NOW!

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

What did you do to unlock these cosmetics, YOU TELL ME NOW!

The helmet is an elite drop, the rest of it is by beating the single player (possibly on whatever hard is?).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know just how many zombie cosmetics exist? I have 4 but I'm wondering if there's a full set.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Lunchboxx posted:

Because I enjoy pretending to be Jesse Ventura in Predator, knocking down an entire jungle and only shooting one enemy in the knee (also killing my teammates who're unfortunate enough to be anyway on my screen).

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
How do you get these fancy guns? Are they just random drops?

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

How do you get these fancy guns? Are they just random drops?

Yup, they come randomly in supply drops.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I might need to try adn beat sp on the hardest difficulty to get all dem sweet sweet unlocks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Moochewmoo posted:

Does scavenger reload tube grenades?

For my last game of the night I went exo sprint, faster movment, and a bulldog with a built-in grip and threw a shield on my back. I got like 7 rage mics of people just going "aauughh :stonk:". As soon as you round the corner just loving mash the trigger as fast as you can. Stavanger helps assuming you somehow don't die every 20 seconds.

I was using a similar build last night and if you ever wanted to know what would happen if you taught a tornado how to use a gun this is it right here

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So you need 500 long shots for the diamond camo? That's loving impossible. I've completed every other camo challenge and I'm at approximately 16 long shots.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

MK14 talk, I find myself torn between it and the lovely HBRa3 in games due to the speed of the latter. I really wish the MK14 had a bit more damage or was full automatic, in a game with so much speed it feels too slow to plant enough hits into someone with the gun but maybe thats just my lack of skill?

Wondering what other people's impressions are with the gun, of each I currently have unlocked the custom shooter man editions below:

HBRa3
Average Joe (Damage +1, Range +1, Handling -2)

MK14
Eagle Eye [Elite] (Integrated Quickdraw Grip, Range +2, Accuracy +1, Magazine Capacity -1, no optical attachments)
Eclipse [Elite] (Accuracy +2, Damage +1, Fire Rate -1, Handling -2)
Signature [Enlisted] (Fire Rate +1, Reserve Magazines -1)
Sport [Enlisted] (Accuracy +1, Range -1)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

MK14 talk, I find myself torn between it and the lovely HBRa3 in games due to the speed of the latter. I really wish the MK14 had a bit more damage or was full automatic, in a game with so much speed it feels too slow to plant enough hits into someone with the gun but maybe thats just my lack of skill?

Wondering what other people's impressions are with the gun, of each I currently have unlocked the custom shooter man editions below:

HBRa3
Average Joe (Damage +1, Range +1, Handling -2)

MK14
Eagle Eye [Elite] (Integrated Quickdraw Grip, Range +2, Accuracy +1, Magazine Capacity -1, no optical attachments)
Eclipse [Elite] (Accuracy +2, Damage +1, Fire Rate -1, Handling -2)
Signature [Enlisted] (Fire Rate +1, Reserve Magazines -1)
Sport [Enlisted] (Accuracy +1, Range -1)

THe MK14 is a downgrade in every regard, even the variants. The HBR is objectively the best weapon. Stat charts in this game don't seem to tell the truth, in that they claim the IMR does the most damage. It might have the highest DPS per burst but each shot out of the IMR does less damage that the HBR. In terms of damage, range, accuracy, and fire rate the HBR is almost the top in every group making it the most well rounded AR.

KF5 is still better.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Pheel posted:

I'm pretty sure you can use the 'Local Play' option in multiplayer to play split screen against bots.

Any idea if it's 2 or 4 split? I have 3 kids that like to play with me and the last one I bought (ghost?), only had 2 when they've always had 4 before.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

THe MK14 is a downgrade in every regard, even the variants. The HBR is objectively the best weapon. Stat charts in this game don't seem to tell the truth, in that they claim the IMR does the most damage. It might have the highest DPS per burst but each shot out of the IMR does less damage that the HBR. In terms of damage, range, accuracy, and fire rate the HBR is almost the top in every group making it the most well rounded AR.

KF5 is still better.

Thank you for letting me know, I've been trying to get used to it and making sure that my preference for the HBR was not all in my head. What attachments have everyone else been using?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Thumbtacks posted:

So you need 500 long shots for the diamond camo? That's loving impossible. I've completed every other camo challenge and I'm at approximately 16 long shots.

One is 500 head shots which in this game is just pure luck lol

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Thank you for letting me know, I've been trying to get used to it and making sure that my preference for the HBR was not all in my head. What attachments have everyone else been using?

There are some things to consider when building your AR:

-Grip is mandatory. There isn't a "what if...", NO. Put a foregrip on it, it is night and day and makes the recoil almost non-existant. It makes a AR go from OK to a beast. Seriously put a foregrip on it.

-Reload speeds are pretty quick as is, and most AR's have sizable clips, for this reason you should almost never use dual mags, and extended mags, while it has its uses, is a waste of a slot.

-Silencer is pretty good, since mobility is low on AR's keeping a low profile (and using the perk of said name) in conjunction with a silencer can make you into a rather ghosty player. I have wracked up 10+ killstreaks staying in one place just listening and keep my eyes up because people don't watch killcams and/or aren't so good at predicting your position if you never appear on the minimap. This can be defeated by parabolic mirror but nobody uses that.

-Parabolic mirror, don't use it.

-Laser sight is also pretty good, if someone surprises you a laser sight can give you the advantage.

-Advanced rifling, I have heard from some its good, from some its bad, I don't really know, doesn't seem worth it to me. YMMV

-Quickdraw grip, absolutely killer if you are going a gunfighter class. I generally don't use it because I prefer a low profile build so I am predictively ADSing as opposed to reactively ADSing but if you think you will be more mobile and reactive its a must have. Pair it with toughness and you should win every engagement.

Sights are sights, YMMV.

What do I use? For a predictive (campy) build I use HBR w/ silencer, red dot, foregrip. I use low profile, cold blooded, and toughness, and exo stim.

For a reactive build I don't use AR's, I use the KF5

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 10, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I'm looking for some cute boys to poopsock with for the next hour or two.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

Actually I found that my emblems were still there in the app. It's all hosed up and doesn't load, but if you click on the + sign it will load the emblem, then go in, make no changes and save it and it will be there when you back out. Then you can set it to appear on your playercard. :iiam:

Yeah, when I prestiged on Sunday night, my emblem stuck around and I don't even have the app. Is that the source of the problem, or did I just get lucky?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Gordon Shumway posted:

Yeah, when I prestiged on Sunday night, my emblem stuck around and I don't even have the app. Is that the source of the problem, or did I just get lucky?

I'd say you were lucky because I prestiged and it wiped my emblem, I've got the app, and my emblem wasn't in the app either.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Any COD bros getting the Halo Master Chef cook off challenge?

yes

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

What do I use? For a predictive (campy) build I use HBR w/ silencer, red dot, foregrip. I use low profile, cold blooded, and toughness, and exo stim.

Foregrip, Silencer, not much else on it as of late.

Low Profile since UAV love.
Cold-Blooded and Fast Hands, open to input on this one though since I'm not sure if Cold-Blooded is worth taking.
Blast Suppressor and Hard Wired since I exo everywhere and hate the drat System Hack.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

haha advanced warfare broke saggys bone

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

speaking of poo poo working as intended I beat the campaign on veteran and didn't get the atlas chest piece. do I have to do all those headshot and grenade challenges or something?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Foregrip, Silencer, not much else on it as of late.

Low Profile since UAV love.
Cold-Blooded and Fast Hands, open to input on this one though since I'm not sure if Cold-Blooded is worth taking.
Blast Suppressor and Hard Wired since I exo everywhere and hate the drat System Hack.

I'm just gonna suggest something to you, because it seems like you prefer mobility to lurkiness, don't use the AR, use the KF5, it acts like an AR, with slightly less damage, but slightly higher firerate and lets you move lightning quick. Try this build:

KF5 w/ red dot, foregrip, quickdraw (If you are comfortable with the iron sights, replace the red dot with advanced rifling).

This gun is a beast, it has amazing ADS control, great damage (it will likely take only one extra bullet at range compared to the HBR but its firerate negates that), and it has a hipfire that is EVEN better than the HBR with laser dot.

Use the first launcher in your secondary, I know you said you liked low profile for UAV hate, but just shoot them down! Plus if you're mobile enough, who cares if for a micro second the minimap shows you somewhere, in the next second you will be somewhere else! This is the same reason why you shouldn't need a silencer either.

Use these perks:

Lightweight

Cold blooded (again you don't need fast hands, but if you want it use it instead of cold blooded, don't take both)

Blast suppressor (Hard Wired isn't necessary, sure its annoying, but exactly how often are they using EMP's anyway? Plus its just an annoyance, it shouldn't screw you up).

You didn't mention an exo ability but consider triyn stim, it can make or break a fight.

Now run around and use this gun like an AR. Please report back with results.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Christoff posted:

One is 500 head shots which in this game is just pure luck lol

Its real funky how getting attachments is super easy but getting camos is a pain

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

GET MY BELT SON posted:

haha advanced warfare broke saggys bone

Sound started working again after unplugging everything and leaving it for a minute :psyduck:

Game then broke my spirit however, with every single person using silencers & low profile lying in corners. Game cant decide if I'm on 4 bars or 1 bar not that it seems to matter since whatever it says the connection is loving garbage which really helps on a spazzy twitch shooter that lets you die in the blink of an eye.

Fool on me for buying digital, can't even trade it in. Ah well at least I can try again a couple of months down the line, assuming they even attempt to patch it into a playable state.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What happened to Joker in the campaign?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Knifegrab posted:

I'm just gonna suggest something to you, because it seems like you prefer mobility to lurkiness, don't use the AR, use the KF5, it acts like an AR, with slightly less damage, but slightly higher firerate and lets you move lightning quick. Try this build:

KF5 w/ red dot, foregrip, quickdraw (If you are comfortable with the iron sights, replace the red dot with advanced rifling).

This gun is a beast, it has amazing ADS control, great damage (it will likely take only one extra bullet at range compared to the HBR but its firerate negates that), and it has a hipfire that is EVEN better than the HBR with laser dot.

Use the first launcher in your secondary, I know you said you liked low profile for UAV hate, but just shoot them down! Plus if you're mobile enough, who cares if for a micro second the minimap shows you somewhere, in the next second you will be somewhere else! This is the same reason why you shouldn't need a silencer either.

Use these perks:

Lightweight

Cold blooded (again you don't need fast hands, but if you want it use it instead of cold blooded, don't take both)

Blast suppressor (Hard Wired isn't necessary, sure its annoying, but exactly how often are they using EMP's anyway? Plus its just an annoyance, it shouldn't screw you up).

You didn't mention an exo ability but consider triyn stim, it can make or break a fight.

Yeah I started using the KF5 yesterday after I prestiged and realized that it's my new favorite gun. I like the mobility because I usually play Hardpoint and I ended a game yesterday with 15 caps/20 defends/50 kills/20ish deaths and the only scorestreak I was using was the UAV.

It's a lot of fun.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Thank you Saggy, Doctor and Zombie for that one game.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Knifegrab posted:

-Parabolic mirror, don't use it.

I have to disagree with this. When you've got 9 out of 10 players running with the silencer, running parabolic microphone is super useful.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What happened to Joker in the campaign?

He realised that with hair like that he should have been in a Final Fantasy game and killed himself.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Knifegrab posted:

Advanced Warfare :words:
Are you me in a parallel dimension Knifegrab? DK2, Earwolf, Time Bobby reference, CoD, Elite: Dangerous...

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Use these perks:

Lightweight

Unlocked nothing yet so I have no attachments and it is too early to tell but I think I like the feel of it- definitely putting it in my Class Two slot for game types where mobility and speed are needed above all else.

Ran with Lightweight and Low Profile because I'm still weary of UAV but thinking about it after the game I'm definitely getting rid of Low Profile.
Cold-Blooded and Gung-Ho because I wanted to see how speed shooting sliding went but it does not come up enough to be worth it.
Blast Suppressor.

Trying it now with Overcharged and without Gung-Ho since I miss having my Ground Slam power, looking forward to testing it out in a full game. Not too big a fan of Exo Stim but willing to give it a try.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Exo Shield thing is great for:
1. Domination
2. Pretending to be the bad guy from Elysium

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

BabelFish posted:

I have to disagree with this. When you've got 9 out of 10 players running with the silencer, running parabolic microphone is super useful.

I mean sure you could dedicate a class to a parabolic mirror build but how often does that happen? I've never even seen a game (prestige 3 now) where more than half of the team was using silencers.

Zsinjeh posted:

Are you me in a parallel dimension Knifegrab? DK2, Earwolf, Time Bobby reference, CoD, Elite: Dangerous...

You should hop in the reticulated splines mumble, it seems like we would get along.

Unlocked nothing yet so I have no attachments and it is too early to tell but I think I like the feel of it- definitely putting it in my Class Two slot for game types where mobility and speed are needed above all else.

Ran with Lightweight and Low Profile because I'm still weary of UAV but thinking about it after the game I'm definitely getting rid of Low Profile.
Cold-Blooded and Gung-Ho because I wanted to see how speed shooting sliding went but it does not come up enough to be worth it.
Blast Suppressor.

Trying it now with Overcharged and without Gung-Ho since I miss having my Ground Slam power, looking forward to testing it out in a full game. Not too big a fan of Exo Stim but willing to give it a try.

Low profile can be great... if you don't have a launcher, but you have one, use it! Shooting down an enemy UAV doesn't just benefit you, it benefits your whole team (unless you play FFA).

Gung-ho is only worth it on a select few classes because a TON of weapons get huge HUGE handling (hipfire accuracy) penalities from sprinting. The only real weapon that doesn't suffer pretty significant penalties are the smgs but even still the only one that really barely suffers are the akimbo SAC3's. Gung-ho is more for an "I'm up in your face build" which hte KF5 can do but the KF5 should be short-mid range engagements not CQC.

Side note: Don't use gung-ho with the tac 19 or bulldog. I know its tempting but it will gently caress you over trust me. You could be standing on top of a prone guy but if you are sprinting half your pellets (sound pellets?) will miss.

Also coldblooded could be substituted for peripherals, blind eye or even fast hands. I dance between peripherals and cold blooded myself.

Overcharged is my favorite perk in the game but I don't run it on KF5 again because I believe overcharge really only benefits CQC builds and the KF5 isn't a CQC build in my opinion, Overcharged belongs on builds with akimbos, shotguns, or knifes. Again this is all my opinion, if you can make it work for you rad.

And for Stim, I could write a whole novel on stim. I love Stim, no one else seems to though because they don't know how to use it.

Do
-After taking fire and rounding a corner to put a wall between you and your attack pop stims and wait. Chances are he is in persuit and knows you are hurt and will not be prepared for oyu to be at full fighitng force. You have the drop on him now and can win.
-In a 1v1 ads battle, prone into cover, pop stims, and pop back up to fight at an advantage.
-Check your minimap! See more than one red dot on that roof or around that corner?! Pop stims and run in!

Don't
-Take damage and try to pop stims while still in sightline of your enemy
-Pop stims just because, it only lasts for a very short time, also why overcharged is kinda worthless because two frog hairs is effectively still a frog hair.
-Think stims will make you invincible. Stims only will let you survive one more bullet maybe. What stims are good at is reducing your health recharge delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
we need more assbutts to play with yeyo and I

• Locked thread