Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

RangerAce posted:

Yeah. I'm sure you can just click one of the ads on the Xbone dashboard to find out more.

This is horse poo poo, I only want ads for xxl tacos on my fuckin dashboard!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Crafty posted:

Taco Tuesday, Lego Movie - THE CRAGLE!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why isn't XBONK'S Hydrocephalic Caveboy Adventures a thing? c'mon TG-16, help out your scrub tier console bros.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Why isn't XBONK'S Hydrocephalic Caveboy Adventures a thing? c'mon TG-16, help out your scrub tier console bros.

Blazing Lasers, Cadash and DUNGEON EXPLORER were the bee's whiskers, I tells ya. The TG-16 was hella bomb dope.

EDIT: It... It was COOL BEANS.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Just picked up AC bundle with kinect for $349 at Best Buy with their misprint in yesterday's Ad that I got at the store. Relaxing

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Uhh I'm pretty sure that the kinect actually lowers the value of the Bone.

Although I just bought the kinect-less version of that bundle for the same price so really neither of us are winners.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Pretty scared to pump off in front of it to be honest

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Pretty scared to pump off in front of it to be honest

I was too at first, you get used to it.

Now i can't pump without it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
If you would like general information about psychiatric care, you can head over to the Psychiatric Q&A Megathread in The Goon Doctor: it is available as a resource with the caveat that it NOT be used as a therapy thread.

If you feel that you might be suicidal, we urge you to contact the Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255 or navigate to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ for a live chat and additional resources.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

The picture you show says to pre-order Infamous, so was from March at the latest. Any more since then?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
So, I just got a Bone, and I noticed that the RB has a noticeable click when pressed, while the LB is not audible. I assume this is not normal, correct? It seems that the LB is a bit softer too, which I like.

Also, as I was searching, I found a lot of opinions of the bumper buttons. There is even a video tutorial about how to press or use them properly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF-smJELJ4A), however Anyone have any advice or use a particular 3rd party controller? For instance, if I need to rapidly hit the RB1 button, I find the PS4 bumpers to be easier to use. I do like everything else about the XB1 controller, though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Marklar posted:

So, I just got a Bone, and I noticed that the RB has a noticeable click when pressed, while the LB is not audible. I assume this is not normal, correct? It seems that the LB is a bit softer too, which I like.

Also, as I was searching, I found a lot of opinions of the bumper buttons. There is even a video tutorial about how to press or use them properly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF-smJELJ4A), however Anyone have any advice or use a particular 3rd party controller? For instance, if I need to rapidly hit the RB1 button, I find the PS4 bumpers to be easier to use. I do like everything else about the XB1 controller, though.

The bumpers are notably poo poo on the xbone controller, sorry :(

They moved where it hinges which made them really squishy by all accounts

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Marklar posted:

Both should click audibly, return your controller for a new one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

700+ unread posts? im just going to assume they were all about how good the xbox is

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Awesome! posted:

700+ unread posts? im just going to assume they were all about how good the xbox is

Stux tried to convince us he has friends who he plays xbox one with once a week, lmao

ethanol fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 11, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RangerAce posted:

Yeah. I'm sure you can just click one of the ads on the Xbone dashboard to find out more.

Confirming this for the 360, right in between 5 other ads (I can finally digitally buy The Walking Dead Season 5 from Xbox Video! And also digitally download 22 Jump Street!)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Awesome! posted:

14 percent of which is me.

Which is pretty hosed up.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ethanol posted:

Stux tried to convince is he has friends who he plays xbox one with once a week, lmao
lol

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Haquer posted:

The bumpers are notably poo poo on the xbone controller, sorry :(

They moved where it hinges which made them really squishy by all accounts

ethanol posted:

Both should click audibly, return your controller for a new one

Thanks. drat, I'll get used to it I guess but it is very glaring for me.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Saw 250 new posts and presume xbl went down cause of Halo, looks like it's stable as always though! Good to hear :v:

lol @ the bitching about the controller/ui, it's all been done to death and anyone sane knows the PS4 UI/Controller is much worse, sorry guys it's a lost battle already :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

the PS4 UI/Controller is much worse

ds4 > X1 Controller

Scroll right to game, play game > metro tiles

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Real hurthling! posted:

ds4 > X1 Controller

Scroll right to game, play game > metro tiles

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 dollar stick caps.

also great speaker, touchpad that adds multiple extra button possibilities, sane headphone jack, no loose batteries, thumbssticks that aren't cockeyed, triggers that work, gyroscope, you suck, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh yeah and works wirelessly with pc and can be programmed to induce epilepsy. :drat:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I just got one of these:

And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I just got one of these:

And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

i feel aroused and malleable in your presence at least.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Did the Xbox one fix the issue of their rubber joystick pads wearing down and sloughing off? My Xbox 360 controller's kept losing the right stick rubber padding every couple months, maybe because I played too much NHL on them.

It would be cool if they fixed those.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

peter gabriel posted:

I just got one of these:
why?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Real hurthling! posted:

i feel aroused and malleable in your presence at least.

I feel excited and ashamed all at the same time, this takes me back to my rear end cyst days :getin:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Well, first and foremost I am a nerd, secondly it is very very shiny and has lights on it, thirdly Elite Dangerous

Edit: I am going to tray and get Sonic Racing working on it, gently caress yes I am

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

peter gabriel posted:

thirdly Elite Dangerous
I knew it was one of those star citizen type things

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Well, first and foremost I am a nerd, secondly it is very very shiny and has lights on it, thirdly Elite Dangerous

Edit: I am going to tray and get Sonic Racing working on it, gently caress yes I am

you pretty much have to go back and play a-10 and IL2 if you shelled out for it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Real hurthling! posted:

you pretty much have to go back and play a-10 and IL2 if you shelled out for it.

Yeah I wanted it for stuff like that, Elite just tipped me over the edge although I have to say I am not really liking Elite, it's reeeeeeally outside of the kind of stuff I usually like and I dunno, it's not really me at all.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Awesome! posted:

I knew it was one of those star citizen type things

Also this is true and I don't even want to be associated with poo poo like that :lol:

A lot of me getting it has to do with getting frustrated playing stuff with the Rift on, and off, and on, and off again

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Just setting up my Xbox One now. Messing around with the TV thing. Do you guys use it? How do you like it?

Also, when I change channels the Comcast guide information pops up after I change the channel. Is this common? Anyway to disable?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Just setting up my Xbox One now. Messing around with the TV thing. Do you guys use it? How do you like it?

Also, when I change channels the Comcast guide information pops up after I change the channel. Is this common? Anyway to disable?

That's most likely a comcast-specific thing and not related to the Xbox, which does its own independent overlay.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Captain Internet posted:

Did the Xbox one fix the issue of their rubber joystick pads wearing down and sloughing off? My Xbox 360 controller's kept losing the right stick rubber padding every couple months, maybe because I played too much NHL on them.

It would be cool if they fixed those.

Holy crap, do some people have acid sweat or something? I have 360 controllers that I've used for years that only ever had the 4 lil' nubbins worn off on.

Bonetroller doesn't have the nubbins, ol' launchy looks the same as when it came out of the package.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Maneki Neko posted:

Holy crap, do some people have acid sweat or something? I have 360 controllers that I've used for years that only ever had the 4 lil' nubbins worn off on.

Bonetroller doesn't have the nubbins, ol' launchy looks the same as when it came out of the package.

Some people literally play with their fingernails dug into the sticks. It's pretty much the opposite of those people who play with the ends of their thumbs and therefore can't use a dualshock, idgi

In other news, another game with parity, seems to be the trend lately :v::

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/11/03/wwe-2k15-run-60fps-ps4-xbox-one-confirms-2k/

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 11, 2014

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Nah, don't got sweat hands and I hold it normally. Maybe the older controllers just had lovely rubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
How did halo crash xbl when its not even out yet?

• Locked thread