Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
ahaha, if you have ludvico, coal and the pulsing worm alongside enough dmg ups, the shielded tear you put over Moms heart literally blocks all their shots. Worked on Satan too. Glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

drunken officeparty posted:

God I loving hate dice rooms. I had such a baller ??? run going with Tech 2 and Ipecac and messed it all up by being greedy and not thinking it would roll me if I just took the items on the edge of the dice.

It doesn't reroll you if you dont walk on the die itself. You probably slipped.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Game says by hitting R I can restart my game but it doesn't do poo poo for me. Any reason?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dizz posted:

Game says by hitting R I can restart my game but it doesn't do poo poo for me. Any reason?

You have to hold it down for a few seconds to prevent accidental restarting.

e: you also can't be eden

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I really would like brimstone to show up again. I've seen it, what, once in my dozen runs or so.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Deceitful Penguin posted:

ahaha, if you have ludvico, coal and the pulsing worm alongside enough dmg ups, the shielded tear you put over Moms heart literally blocks all their shots. Worked on Satan too. Glorious.

Ludvico is my favorite "this power-up is garbage, except for when makes you a god" item.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The tank challenge is super dumb especially when I get a speed down pill and also the champion mom that likes to stomp and I'm too slow to dodge half the time oh my god I'm gonna scream

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I managed to do the Suicide King challenge. Admittedly I skipped a lot of the most challenging part of the game through The Bible, an Emperor card on Womb XL and mapping out the Cathedral. It's actually one of my favourite challenges, it's hard without just being a painfully tedious slog (it's probably faster than a normal game even). Once you get the hang of slinging bombs at just the right range it's really fun.

My main piece of advice would be that usually it's easier to score a hit if you're running towards your target. Also if you have no other source of mapping bomb mushrooms for the Liberty Cap.

IronicDongz posted:

I wasn't 100% clear on what was going on throughout a lot of this run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQFs68yeizc
I like how this game pretty much lets you be a bullet hell boss.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 11, 2014

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the tank challenge can be annoying but thankfully it's one of the few that actually can start picking up some speed with items instead of being something that heavily restricts you from the start. mostly it just comes down to luck

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

:siren: Vita patch is out :siren:

Sorry for drawing attention, but PSN posts seem rare here.

I'm on 1.01 and my PS4 version is still hosed. The game will never launch again after a previous session. I have to delete the local save every time, but at least now I can manually download my save from the cross-save cloud. I started completely over after 1.01 came out, I don't know what else to do.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I beat Mom with the clock at 20:01 :negative:

Also I ruined a really good run with a loving dice room. Ad an eden run set to beat the Chest for the first time, then a dice room gave me poo poo items. Anyone have a list of which rooms do what? I thought I knew them all but evidently not.

From the wiki:

1 will re-roll all of the items you are carrying in an unknown way.
2 will re-roll all of the consumable items in the room with you.
3 will re-roll all of the consumable items on that floor.
4 will re-roll all of the pedistal items on the floor except for Devil Room items.
5 will re-roll the entire floor and restart it as if you had just entered the floor
6 will re-roll every item you have as well as every item on the current floor

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Will it take all my soul hearts down to 1 if I pick up dead cat as ???

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I beat Suicide King first try and had a lot of fun with it! The trick is to not let your shots get a chance to curve back at you. Tears fire with higher shot speed if you're moving in the direction you're shooting in, and so you need to charge at an enemy, fire, and hopefully stop before you get in range yourself. Shot speed and range upgrades make it way easier.

I've mostly stopped playing on Normal mode. I wouldn't say I win a whole lot, but it seems more satisfying when I do. Also, a lot of items that were overpowered in Normal really seem less so on Hard - Dark Bum, for example, isn't quite so great when you're only getting one or two red hearts per level. I do think they could stand to up the key/bomb drops maybe a tiny bit, since it's not unusual for me to go the entire Basement/Cellar without finding any.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I had a good Judas run that took out Mom's Heart. I've not yet unlocked It Lives. I got the Devil Room but wandered out for a victory lap around the map, then came back expecting to head into Sheol. Instead I got three red chests in the Devil Room. And they gave me a Sad Onion and two copies of Breakfast. Could it be because I had saved & reloaded the game?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Was it an XL floor? I got an angel item on Womb XL in a challenge.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
God drat, getting a (Basement 1!) Tammy's Head with Azazel may as well just be an immediate "You win the game" button. You just get to roll through every single room as a giant wheel of death. You don't need any other items, that'll do it all on its own.

Shame I didn't have the Chest unlocked, though. Is that 6 Isaac kills with different characters, or just 6 period?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

:argh:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

drunken officeparty posted:

Will it take all my soul hearts down to 1 if I pick up dead cat as ???

Yes. It's worth it for being able to buy 8 devil items, though.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I thought of a good idea for an accessory. It would make it so that if you bomb (or otherwise destroy) a rock with a bomb in it, the rock drops a bomb rather than exploding. To fit the referential nature of the game, you could make it a pixely Minecraft diamond and call it "Miner's Charm."

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

New item: Bomb Jumper. Your bombs do no damage to yourself or enemies, and if you get blown up by one you are thrown into the air.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the most reliable way to get the devil room to spawn? I want Az

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON!!! :byodood:

A bunch of huge orbiting dark tears + a bunch of orbiting black familiars + no visible health bar = literally no clue how to dodge or where to aim. I still beat the Chest but it sure wasn't through skill. I just mashed attack and hoped my sea of bullets hit the stuff trying to kill me.

Also odd glitch, if you use an item that slows down time in the last room of the game it will slow down the main menu music after you get sent back to it.

EDIT: How do I unlock the negative?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 11, 2014

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
synergy question: I have ipecac and the piercing shot that's triangle-shaped. If I pick up Brimstone, is that ... good?

Edit: OR, like the last version, does it take FOREVER to charge brimstone after? In which case, that's not very fun

EDIT TWO: Took your word, and in fact, it looks like it charges EVEN QUICKER than normal. neat, time to stop blowing myself up this run.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 11, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Brimstone is always great and also fun.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Brimstone is always terrible and ruins runs.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

One interesting thing about the Solar System challenge is that you're actually in a transformation called Lord of the Flies which is why all enemy flies become blue flies. I kind of figured it out early on by Isaac having little bug wings but I actually got LotF in a regular run by picking up Halo of Flies with Skatole. It seems to just give flight and turn all flies into friendly attack flies but it's a neat transformation nonetheless. Also it's the last secret in the secret list.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

Don't get hit on basement 2. Also check curse rooms for the Goat Head and libraries for the Book of Belial. Judas gets a devil room every floor after the first so long as you don't give up the book. Bombing beggars and picking up the pentagram also help.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, you could always get Tammy's head.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

zolthorg posted:

Yeah. Whatever happened to the tutorial room showing you which button does which item?

Lol dog I know the game tells you that poo poo it's just a little bit disorienting after years of playing on keyboard

In other news cursed eye is actually a really good item (as long as you don't get hit)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it really would help if some sort of brief control screen was displayed to tell people how to switch between items (if they can) or how to drop stuff like trinkets and other consumables

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

zolthorg posted:

Yeah. Whatever happened to the tutorial room showing you which button does which item?

There are more buttons now, that would pretty much fill up the whole room.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

If you take no damage on the floor, take no damage on the boss fight and didn't have a devil room appear on the previous floor, you will get always get a devil room. They can't appear on the first floor, so your first one will spawn on the basement 2 or cellar 2.

e: I also want to clarify that this means red heart damage. Soul hearts or black hearts that you lose won't chip off your chance for a devil room spawning.

a bloody icon fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 11, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

In other news cursed eye is actually a really good item (as long as you don't get hit)

Warping you across the map is such a harsh penalty for such a minor boost, though. Especially when you're fighting a boss, get nicked, and have to redo the whole fight. It could do pretty much anything else and it would stop being such a catastrophically bad item.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
it would be a lot better if instead you took double damage rather than teleporting.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: How do I unlock the negative?

Beat Satan five times.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is there any reason to not go on to sheol when I kill mom's heart. Am I making progress towards unlocking anything if I just end the game there instead?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I can't seem to drop trinkets. It says my drop key is left control but it does nothing, even if I hold it down.

Escape Car 3000
Oct 12, 2008

LibbyM posted:

Is there any reason to not go on to sheol when I kill mom's heart. Am I making progress towards unlocking anything if I just end the game there instead?

If you care about streaks and don't want to die, you can avoid it. You still get your unlocks and endings for Mom's Heart.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

iirc it only tele's you if you get hit while charging so just, be smart

Alabaster White posted:

Warping you across the map is such a harsh penalty for such a minor boost, though. Especially when you're fighting a boss, get nicked, and have to redo the whole fight. It could do pretty much anything else and it would stop being such a catastrophically bad item.
it's loving baller with quad shot though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
quad shot's baller with just about anything to honest.