Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Pixeltendo posted:

I just unlocked something thats not even on the http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth site called an "0" baby, what the hell is that?

I haven't actually seen it yet despite unlocking it a while ago. I have gotten Mind, Body, and Soul each separately so far though. Mind gives you a full view of the map on each floor, Soul gives you 3 soul hearts and appears to increase the odds of hearts being Soul Hearts. Body I have no idea, I couldn't see any change but I was playing as The Lost at the time so who knows.

Also. :toot:

Banging my head against the wall trying to unlock the D6. First time I played ??? in Rebirth I womped right through Satan and every time since I've gotten just the worst loving luck.

Also, look at this bullshit room:

E: How pissed would you be if you missed Dark Boy because of that bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Pixeltendo posted:

I just unlocked something thats not even on the http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth site called an "0" baby, what the hell is that?

You get new co-op babies for beating Mom's Heart on Hard with all the characters.

I just did the Suicide King challenge and just about had a heart attack when I died while Isaac was at half health but I managed to get in the loving zone and dodge all his bullshit and get that awful challenge done. You can definitely cheese the harder challenges with good items, I beat the cat one by getting Lil Brimstone and ignoring my dumb hairball.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Doing a eden run and it's terrible but struggling through. Had Midas touch and a few orbitals and saw the leaf, figured I'd grab it and leave the game running for a free win. Carrion Queen got frozen and orbital destroyed it's weak point leaving it to bounce around the room in a unkillable state.

Restarted the game and I was back in moms room still with the leaf (and monstro 2 for some reason) and just jumped to the next floor. I'm not winning this run because I only have 3 hearts but still, what a strange bug.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Getting Dead Onion after Scorpio only adds piercing at the cost of range, and getting Cupid's Arrow after that adds gently caress-all. Luckily I got the Sacred Heart from an angel room, but I never did get any more range. Maggie was a murder machine with a short reach. First time I beat the Boss Rush without flight.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh cool, remembered why I hate this game half the time I think about it

1st run was with Eden, no hearts and just a bean. Managed to eek something out from it but died due to the bug above sapping all the soul hearts I had

2nd run with Eden again was shaping up perfectly till I found the strange attractor for the first time and haha gently caress whoever designed that terrible piece of poo poo. Completely ruined my run and made it impossible to not get hit.

3rd run I just went with Isaac and nothing but stuff like moms pills and the latch key showed up. Oh and ever pill was a ____ down or R U A WIZARD. I didn't get far.

So goddamn frustrating :suicide:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So I'm trying to unlock the lost and oh my god where are the loving mullibooms??????? This poo poo is absurd

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Apparently hardmode makes them more common. Also this thread claims seeds work for unlocking The Lost, at least for the Isaac portion. My guess is you just can't use a seed run for Azazel, since the check against unlocking it happens when you die to Satan.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Manatee Cannon posted:

I dunno, I tend to go for the soul/evil heart batteries and treat my regular hearts as currency for the devil rooms. Demon buddy drops a soul heart with each regular heart he takes, and that's fantastic to me.
This is how you should always play the game. Damage is far more valuable and scarce than HP, and soul/sin hearts become more and more equal to heart containers in worth the later in the game you get(and also polaroid invincibility is still really strong!)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Nice. I managed to get Isaac and Maggie's deaths for The lost. Got a good Judas run and I had a full set of soul hearts with half a sin heart and half an angel heart. Figured I would whittle my hearts down so mom's first stomp ends me, I get to my sin heart and angel heart and take a hit, game shows I still have an angel heart and sin heart, next hit kills me.

:suicide:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I really need to quit playing Lazarus. Startscumming that pill brings out the worst spergy bullshit in me but like hell am I starting with a luck down.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Pixeltendo posted:

It's the co-op baby unlocked for beating Mom's Heart on Hard with The Lost.

Good job!

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Just aced every 'boy' no damage achievement in one go with azazel, i wasnt even particularly filled with items the dude is just so strong. Took me 7 hours to get them and in over 120 hours on the original i haven't got them yet goddamn.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah, they seem easier to get in Rebirth for some reason. I didn't even try to get them when I got them.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Not flash-lagging into mobs occasionally certainly made it easier.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Man I keep dying in the Dark Room, haven't even seen the boss door, but what the hell am I supposed to do in a room with two Adversaries, or two Fallen? Uggggggh.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yeah, they seem easier to get in Rebirth for some reason. I didn't even try to get them when I got them.

I've ended up with all of them without expressly trying, but I went and looked at my original BoI achievements and I have them all there too, for some reason I assumed I never got them.

Although I think a big contributor to why they're easier this time around is pretty fly/halo of flies/orbitals being much much better at projectile protection (having 3 makes you almost untouchable to the heart/isaac & ???), along with stuff like holy mantle.

quote:

Man I keep dying in the Dark Room, haven't even seen the boss door, but what the hell am I supposed to do in a room with two Adversaries, or two Fallen? Uggggggh.

The same way you deal with most rooms in The Chest, by having such an overpowered combo you kill poo poo before it can do anything :v:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

maev posted:

Not flash-lagging into mobs occasionally certainly made it easier.
also that one character who starts with flight and an attack with high enough damage to one-shot most enemies and trivialize most bosses

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
I only have 2 challenges left to beat - Demo Man and Darkness Falls! Hopefully I'll be able to knock those out tonight.

I've said this before earlier in the thread, but: The Red Candle makes non-shooting challenges a breeze. That thing does SO much damage. Unlocks by donating 450 coins, and costs 15 to buy. It recharges constantly so you can use it multiple times per room, and it can kill most bigger bosses in 3-4 uses. It also leaves fire on the ground for more mobile bosses that don't stay still.

Working on Demo Man, I had a chance to buy a Brimstone from the Devil Room. I passed it up, because I assume that it won't replace my Bombs. Did I make a huge mistake?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

IronicDongz posted:

also that one character who starts with flight and an attack with high enough damage to one-shot most enemies and trivialize most bosses

What, I didn't notice. :getin:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

I really like that character from a standpoint of "I just want to blitz through the game and beat the tar out of everything in less than 15 minutes".

Also is the experience of other people with the PHD item that pills mostly turn into R U A WIZARD and PUBERTY? I had that and the pill bottle & safety cap and almost every pill I picked up was those two, with the occasional balls of steel.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

jsr v2.0 posted:

I only have 2 challenges left to beat - Demo Man and Darkness Falls! Hopefully I'll be able to knock those out tonight.

I've said this before earlier in the thread, but: The Red Candle makes non-shooting challenges a breeze. That thing does SO much damage. Unlocks by donating 450 coins, and costs 15 to buy. It recharges constantly so you can use it multiple times per room, and it can kill most bigger bosses in 3-4 uses. It also leaves fire on the ground for more mobile bosses that don't stay still.

Working on Demo Man, I had a chance to buy a Brimstone from the Devil Room. I passed it up, because I assume that it won't replace my Bombs. Did I make a huge mistake?

I don't remember having much trouble with either of those challenges, so it looks like you left some easy ones for last.

Also, it seems like the blue candle is just a worse version of the red? But it takes more to unlock? (900 coins to the donation machine)

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
God eden is poo poo. Random items are not worth a 1 in every stat, every loving time

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

Sloober posted:

I really like that character from a standpoint of "I just want to blitz through the game and beat the tar out of everything in less than 15 minutes".

Also is the experience of other people with the PHD item that pills mostly turn into R U A WIZARD and PUBERTY? I had that and the pill bottle & safety cap and almost every pill I picked up was those two, with the occasional balls of steel.

The Luck stat seems to have a lot to do with those items. I did it with high Luck and got a lot of the Health Ups. With low luck, lots of Wizard, Health Down, Puberty, etc.

quote:

Also, it seems like the blue candle is just a worse version of the red? But it takes more to unlock? (900 coins to the donation machine)

My guess would be higher damage? Not sure though - I don't have the 900 coin donation yet.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around regarding devil/angel rooms and what affects your chances of getting them, most people in the know are relatively certain that the rules are almost identical to original isaac, those rules being:

-Your base chance for earning a devil room starts at 135% on floor 2 (you can't earn a devil room on floor 1, you can only teleport there via red chats or the joker).

-Taking red heart damage on the floor reduces your chance by 99%

-Taking red heart damage from the boss takes away another 35% (boss red heart damage still counts as floor damage, taking away 134% if you had yet to take floor damage).

-You always retain the remaining 1%

Note that Self inflicted red heart damage (Blood banks/iv bags, demon beggars, pills, Active items) does not lower your Devil room chance, but room hazards such as spikes, fires, bombs, and the curse room door do.

Additionally you can blow up beggars/skull games for a +35% bonus on that floor (only one matters, killing more does not further increase the chance).

There are also a number of items from the original isaac that gave additional chance for Devil rooms which almost certainly retain that quality in rebirth, those items being:

-The Pentagram gives +20%

-The Book of Belial gives +25%

-The Book of Revelations gives +35%

You do need to be holding the Book of Belial/Revelations to get the extra chance (not just have touched it).

On the floor immediately after earning a devil room your chance is 25% of what it would normally be, and on the following floor it is 50%, and on the floor after that it goes back up to 100%.

You get angel rooms by earning a devil room and not taking anything from it and then it becomes a 50% chance to replace devil rooms on subsequent floors.

If you take anything from a Devil room that you pay health for you are locked out of angel rooms for the rest of the run (meaning you can still take anything that comes from a red chest or black hearts laying on the floor).

There are undoubtedly at least a handful of new items in rebirth that grant devil room chance, but the only one that is known for sure is the Goat Head, which throws all the rules out the window and guarantees a devil/angel room (which is based on the regular angel room eligibility as long as you didn't pay health to Satan to get the goat head).

Items that say "Evil up" are purely referring to the fact that they give one or more black hearts, and seem to have no bearing on the chances of getting an angel room or not.

There are however a number of trinkets without obvious effects with the pickup text "Faith up" or "Evil up" which may or may not effect the various chances while you are holding them.

As a final note all of the floors after Womb2/Utero2 are similar to the first floor in that you can never earn a devil room after the boss, but you can still be teleported there via red chests or a joker card.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
Just found out that Pandora's Box is a Shop item. Holy poo poo. So far I've found 2, and have gotten:

1) 5 Soul Hearts
2) An "Item Room" item pedestal

Totally worth it for 15 coins.

Has anyone figured out the Broken Anhk yet?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just had the most OP possible Azazel run. A Holy Mantle in the first item room, and I finished the run with Whore of Babylon/Tammy's Head/Nun's Habit/Battery.

I could one-shot any boss, and do it twice in the same room. And again if I ever took damage.

e: This also got me the Dark Boy and Mama's Boy achievements.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

jsr v2.0 posted:

Just found out that Pandora's Box is a Shop item. Holy poo poo. So far I've found 2, and have gotten:

1) 5 Soul Hearts
2) An "Item Room" item pedestal

Totally worth it for 15 coins.

Keep in mind that, as the name suggets, what you get can be really random. I've used it a bunch of times and have usually only gotten a couple of soul hearts on average. The best was probably when I got two soul hearts and two keys. It's not bad, but there are like 5 other store items that I would probably save my money for instead and only get the box if you've got 30+ coins.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

God eden is poo poo. Random items are not worth a 1 in every stat, every loving time

I'm loving Eden. Easily my second most successful character. If you want a cool seed for him, this one has a bunch of really neat tear effects, tammy's head and 2 dice rooms

K7QP
YBMW

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Ariong posted:

There are more buttons now, that would pretty much fill up the whole room.

The room is otherwise pointless and the logic to display the keyboard keys/controller buttons you've changed the functions to is trivial.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
I always seem to get the horribly shittiest luck with Eden. The best run I've ever had with him was three hearts and Luvicodo to start with, and I was salivating over the thought of unlocking a Devil Room and getting brimstone.

Then I got a roomful of spiders.
Then a Bean in the treasure room.
Then Widow as a boss.
Then the Curse of Darkness.

I was dead by Basement 2.

EDIT: Also, what the hell does a Chaos Card do? I used one as Azazel and he just threw it into a wall.

Runcible Spoon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 11, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sloober posted:

Puberty should register as a negative pill and thus be impossible to get with the PHD. At least, it makes the negative pill sound when you eat one.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The * Boy achievements only count the second floor of each chapter instead of both floors like the original did. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but there it is.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Kaethela posted:

The * Boy achievements only count the second floor of each chapter instead of both floors like the original did. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but there it is.

I was wondering how I got mama's boy after taking damage on womb 1 yesterday!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jedit posted:

Puberty should register as a negative pill and thus be impossible to get with the PHD. At least, it makes the negative pill sound when you eat one.

Doesn't mean it's flagged negative. As far as I know it and I FOUND PILLS don't actually negatively affect your character aside from the graphical appearance. Considering I found puberty pill while in possession of the PHD it might be considered positive only in that it doesn't do any harm.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Puberty, I FOUND PILLS, and R U A WIZARD? are neutral and aren't affected by pill luck one way or the other.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Good christ this was a long fight. I didn't even deserve that victory, Gnawed Leaf and Taurus carried me through most of everything, and I AM ERROR put me in the cathedral. Small Planet + Polythemus + Spider Bite was pretty fun though.

The hardest part of the fight was resisting the temptation to speed it up by taking potshots at him between his volleys :v: I had half a heart going in, too, so the bird was out of the question. BBF is my BFF :3:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Holy poo poo first ever run as eve, I got a bunch of tear up pills, Gimp and the poop bombs on the basement, picked up the goat head and traded for the devil bum, pentagram and brimstone. Then I found tammy's head. Not even even experimental treatment could stop me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

President Ark posted:

Puberty, I FOUND PILLS, and R U A WIZARD? are neutral and aren't affected by pill luck one way or the other.

I'm pretty sure 'Hematemesis ' is also neutral or considered good because I've got them with the PHD. They have situations where they are useful though. Apparently using one in one of the top secret rooms with the sin or faith hearts will cause it to spawn those instead of red hearts.

R U A Wizard really shouldn't be a make the positive pill sound.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Oxyclean posted:

I'm pretty sure 'Hematemesis ' is also neutral or considered good because I've got them with the PHD. They have situations where they are useful though. Apparently using one in one of the top secret rooms with the sin or faith hearts will cause it to spawn those instead of red hearts.

R U A Wizard really shouldn't be a make the positive pill sound.

Hematemesis will spawn at least three hearts even if you've only got one heart and are doing a soul-heart run. Because of that I believe you can use it on your last heart safely, and the dark bum really appreciates it. Did they nerf the blood donation machines with an extra second of lag? It felt like I wasn't able to farm it as much as before with the unicorn horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

when I press space bar, blank card duplicates all of the hundreds of keys and batteries on the floor. since you can't pick up a battery when already full on energy, isaac gets flung around like a pinball between all the batteries as they jostle for position