Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Lamont Cranston posted:

FIFA would jump at the chance to host the final at the largest stadium in the world even if its previous uses include execution by burning

They would need to find a way to heat the stadium for the new winter WC, and probably brand it as a green energy source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

JunkDeluxe posted:

They would need to find a way to heat the stadium for the new winter WC, and probably brand it as a green energy source.

The corpses of indentured slaves are a renewable energy source that I am only too sure Qatar would export.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

FIFA won't stop at artificial surfaces for women. Next it will be leather pitches made from the skin of slaves, and stitched together by child labor.

This won't happen overnight either. It will require lots of testing and perseverance.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

porkface posted:

FIFA won't stop at artificial surfaces for women. Next it will be leather pitches made from the skin of slaves, and stitched together by child labor.

This won't happen overnight either. It will require lots of testing and perseverance.

I look forward to pitches made entirely of human hair, with belly buttons for penalty spots and ground up teeth for painting the white lines

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I look forward to one of Qatar's stadiums not being complete and so them just paying a thousand Nepali slave labourers to lay down in the middle of the desert and let a football match be played on their backs. Best part is then they can double dip and count those thousand people as extra in the attendance figures.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
In shocking news, it turns out it was in fact the English bid that was corrupt, not the honourable gentleman from Qatar.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How many FIFA ethics investigators are there?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

A few hundred million.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This is the same report they said couldnt be published because it would result in prosecution charges right? That they are now saying clears Qatar. Riiiight.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

They're absolutely shameless.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
All hopes now rest on an American government investigation. Joyful.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its going to be in November 2022 and FIFA will be insanely corrupt forever unless ISIS conquer Qatar and cancel the world cup like they threatened. Remember that Jack Warner threatened to leak poo poo about everything and then is mysteriously didn't happen

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
How can I, personally, boycott FIFA?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Start following curling.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Charlotte Hornets posted:

How can I, personally, boycott FIFA?

Play Pro Evo instead.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We're hoping that americans will save football. Its rather distasteful.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

We're hoping that americans will save football. Its rather distasteful.

Marina Hyde writes some really good articles but lol if you think anything is going to change

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Blazer will die before they convince him to testify in court.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

serious gaylord posted:

Blazer will die before they convince him to testify in court.

Though really that's because Blazer is a great big unhealthy fat person.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

We are all FIFA ethics investigators.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Pook Good Mook posted:

Though really that's because Blazer is a great big unhealthy fat person.

and the terminal cancer

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

serious gaylord posted:

All hopes now rest on an American government investigation. Joyful.

"The US Government has said that the Qatar World Cup Bid for 2022 was unethical", Headline from USA Today, November 19, 2156

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

That's it then.

quote:

Fifa Report released: Confirmed that Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid cleared of wrongdoing, will not face revote.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

FIFA have said the England 2018 bid "undermined integrity of the process"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Guardian posted:

Garcia was compromised from the start by the fact that he had no power to seize phone records or email traffic and those corrupt former Fifa officials who are no longer involved in the game could not be compelled to talk.

Unsurprising but lol at expecting to get anything useful

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It'll be interesting if garcia says anything of the judges summary of his investigation

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
FIFA are beyond parody.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjeD-Jqd2s

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Let's start our own global football federation.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

Let's start our own global football federation.

I'd unironically like England to withdraw from FIFA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Going to be interesting to see if clubs put up any real sort of fight to stop the world cup being in winter

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They'd ban everyone who plays in the Premier League and threaten bans against any team who plays an English team.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I would too but there's no way this pans out that doesn't destroy our game.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jack Warner had the FA jumping through hoops for him all while slating them in the press and now he's been kicked out of FIFA, FIFA can use that to slate the FA for sucking up to him. Incredible

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

I would too but there's no way this pans out that doesn't destroy our game.

It's our loving game! who let the french take it over?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I see in the report that Russias bid used computers that have subsequently been destroyed so no examination of e-mails was possible.

Yeah, totally above board that.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

It's our loving game! who let the french take it over?

Actually I think you'll find that Documented evidence of an activity resembling football can be found in the Chinese military manual Zhan Guo Cecompiled between the 3rd century and 1st century BC.[9] 

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbf if they were russian computers...

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The first 19 pages are all filler about the process. In literally one of the first paragraphs of the actual report they state they decided to exclude all evidence by a whistleblower because they talked to the press

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/footballgovernance/02/47/41/75/statementchairmanadjcheckert_neutral.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They've accused Australia of bringing fifas name into disrepute too. They've literally attacked the 2 nations who were calling for the report louder than any others and then gone on to clear Qatar while saying 'Some individuals made problematic actions' and not expanding on it, and that Russia failed to provide almost any documentation.

They're unreal.