Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Um a e x cuse a me does it have 1080pee i purchasedt this for the 1080pee graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ever since the The One pulled ahead in the console race Crafty has changed, he's become more confident and I feel we are seeing a new side to him, it's a side I like

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FYI, Lego Batman 3 is rad. That is all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Or borrow another game or grab the free xbone game and try that.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

peter gabriel posted:

Ever since the The One pulled ahead in the console race Crafty has changed, he's become more confident and I feel we are seeing a new side to him, it's a side I like

:clint:

Stux posted:

Or borrow another game or grab the free xbone game and try that.

I'm no computer whizz kid but I think stux is right for once. Glitching through a wall in assassins creed probably doesn't mean you should replace your console. You described some problems with halo also, but there's on going issues with matchmaking right now which may explain that.

If your console is hard locking in multiple games then it's hosed and needs replacing, but it doesn't sound like yours is!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Bayonetta 2 is the Game of the Month for October.

imo it is also the game of the preceding 9 months and the 2 after

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

imo it is also the game of the preceding 9 months and the 2 after

Game of the Century

of the Year

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

univbee posted:

Game of the Century

of the Year

Actually after examining our ad revenue tied to AC:Unity we have to declare it Game of the Century

of the Year.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SirDan3k posted:

Actually after examining our ad revenue tied to AC:Unity we have to declare it Game of the Century

of the Year.

Time until it's optimized to run at 1080p60 and time until the GOTY edition is released, respectively.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
rear end creed digital foundry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis

I thought they were going for parity?

quote:

Given the immense graphical upgrade on offer, this isn't so surprising, but what comes as a bit of a shock is that the Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4 game in more detail-rich areas, such as locations littered with NPCs in the packed Parisian streets. The opening clip in our video below perfectly demonstrates the difference between the two consoles. Wading through dozens of NPCs in a crowded square, performance drops down to around 20fps for a sustained duration on the PS4 while the Xbox One achieves a 5fps lead. In a later gameplay test traversing the rooftops, we see frame rates regularly fluctuate between 25-30fps across both consoles, but here the Xbox One game sticks more closely to the upper end of that spectrum than its Sony equivalent.

:vince:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lmao nice cheery picking retard

The game is lovely on all platforms but is less lovely on the One. Congrats on your win

e: and the edit that includes that blurb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

FYI, Lego Batman 3 is rad. That is all.

Seriously, this is probably even better than Lego Marvel, and it has a lot of fun little details and love poured in. Like, any time you are flying around as wonder woman, the music changes to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_blOQEu9ws

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Um a e x cuse a me does it have 1080pee i purchasedt this for the 1080pee graphics

hope you didnt purchase it for dedicated servers :laugh:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

hope you didnt purchase it for dedicated servers :laugh:

Halo has dedicated servers except for custom games and co op.

Hope that helps.

Louisgod posted:

lmao nice cheery picking retard

The game is lovely on all platforms but is less lovely on the One. Congrats on your win

e: and the edit that includes that blurb.

I didn't make that picture it's from the neogaf thread OP. You think I have time to go screen capping youtube videos to further this console war? No scrub.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Oh god the comedy of errors that is Xbone Live continues:

Haha, now Destiny matchmaking is suffering. Can't wait for the Power of the :smithcloud: to take down Office 365, next.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Psssssht, I don't have time to screencap Youtube videos, retard. Are you some sort of loving dunce, you poo poo?

*continues to post 800 more posts in The One thread*

y-yeah, no time, have achievements to get..

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

The colors look really washed out on the ps4 version. Terrible frame rate , no online and washed out colors. PS4 version lovely on every level possible :laugh:

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously, this is probably even better than Lego Marvel, and it has a lot of fun little details and love poured in. Like, any time you are flying around as wonder woman, the music changes to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_blOQEu9ws

Did you like Lego Marvel better than Batman or Batman 2? I haven't played Marvel, but it's pretty cheap on PSN right now and wondering if I should pick it up.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Our sunset overdrive review and coverage is brought to you by sunset overdrive by Microsoft.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Don Lapre posted:

Our sunset overdrive review and coverage is brought to you by sunset overdrive by Microsoft.

Everyone that disagrees with your lovely opinion is corrupt.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Everyone is corrupt.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

RangerAce posted:

Did you like Lego Marvel better than Batman or Batman 2? I haven't played Marvel, but it's pretty cheap on PSN right now and wondering if I should pick it up.

Absolutely. Lego Marvel was fantastic and well worth full price. For cheap it is a no brainer. The fact that Lego Batman 3 might be edging it out(too early to say for sure) is kind of crazy to me. I love it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

RangerAce posted:

Everyone is corrupt.

I don't think I am, am I?
Am I?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

King Burgundy posted:

Absolutely. Lego Marvel was fantastic and well worth full price. For cheap it is a no brainer. The fact that Lego Batman 3 might be edging it out(too early to say for sure) is kind of crazy to me. I love it.

Lego Marvel completely surprised me with how good it is, it's dripping with quality and I was honestly expecting a bit of a cash in but nope, really fun game.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Crafty posted:

The colors look really washed out on the ps4 version. Terrible frame rate , no online and washed out colors. PS4 version lovely on every level possible :laugh:

You're only getting 4 fps more? But.. the cloud is infinite right? Theres like 437 xboxs in the cloud per sold xbox (I think thats where they all went). And the new directx? and the awesome updated developer tools and support from microsoft?

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Nierbo posted:

You're only getting 4 fps more? But.. the cloud is infinite right? Theres like 437 xboxs in the cloud per sold xbox (I think thats where they all went). And the new directx? and the awesome updated developer tools and support from microsoft?

C'mon man those are the four most important frames all year. Let him have them.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Its just funny how every other game gets better FPS on PS4 and the one demonstrably POS game with poor optimization that runs like garbage even on a PC gets a few more frames in very particular areas and suddenly xbox is the way to go?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Comparing AC:U across systems is like comparing dog poo poo to pig poo poo.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Crafty posted:

Did you miss the entire conversation about crushed blacks on all XBone games? Just checking.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Pathos posted:

Did you miss the entire conversation about crushed blacks on all XBone games? Just checking.

Oh he didn't miss it. He just ignores it and waits till a new page and then suddenly he's back!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

The gift that keeps on giving.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

For the Xbox Negative Nine (the fourth Xbox), Microsoft should just restrict the color palette to 100-145 for more "dramatic" colors.

I'll be waiting for my royalty cheque, Nadella.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Crafty's right, AC:U Looks Fine(tm) on Xbone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdgnxdzE5g

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Crafty posted:

Halo has dedicated servers except for custom games and co op.
Still blow away by this. I was promised instant server instance spin up. Limitless resources. How can there not be a server ready with every 'custom' game when the customization parameters are so incredibly finite?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
If you would like general information about psychiatric care, you can head over to the Psychiatric Q&A Megathread in The Goon Doctor: it is available as a resource with the caveat that it NOT be used as a therapy thread.

If you feel that you might be suicidal, we urge you to contact the Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255 or navigate to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ for a live chat and additional resources.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Actually that is better here, inline than in the OP. Each new low we reveal must be a crushing blow to the psyche.

Would also look nice in a white on green forums banner ad. Just sayin, those are pretty popular.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

gschmidl posted:

Crafty's right, AC:U Looks Fine(tm) on Xbone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdgnxdzE5g

Dude it could run at 5fps, as long as the ps4 runs at 1fps I'd still be happy. :woop:

Nierbo posted:

Yeah 4fps, but in that context it's 16% WHICH IS JUST HUGE!!

Now that the xbox is more powerful than the PS4 it's pretty sad times at Sony. No online, less powerful, washed out colours and no first party studio games. I predict their quarterly losses to be even worse than usual. :(

RIP

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Dude it could run at 5fps, as long as the ps4 runs at 1fps I'd still be happy. :woop:

Crafty admitting he is the only actual console warrior ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Crafty admitting he is the only actual console warrior ITT.

It's like you admitting you're a poo poo poster that jacks off daily to a Best Of Rick Flair compilation Things everyone already knows

• Locked thread