Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Apps.Microsoft.Com: Halo Channel

quote:

Description
The Halo Channel is an all-new interactive digital network that provides unprecedented, personalized access to the Halo Universe. Seamlessly transition between game and other Halo experiences including existing and upcoming original programming (Halo 4: Forward unto Dawn, Halo: Nightfall), as well as community content, and discover deep background information using the Halo Encyclopedia. Featuring full Twitch integration, broadcast your gameplay or watch feeds from the Halo community – from competitive multiplayer matches and campaign walkthroughs to speed runs. This is your home for Halo.

This probably sounded really cool internally when they used to have an entire TV studio putting out content. It sure is a lot less so now that the entire apparatus has been closed down months ago, and that the "channel" will have paper thin content.

"This week on Halo Chanel at 7pm, the rotating system background image preview hour followed by Redmond's Stabbiest Halo Videos at 8. Only on Halo Channel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
343 games is really dedicated to loving up the Halo franchise and I appreciate them for that.

Breakout release, numbered entry in employers biggest series? Lets put it out with significantly less maps and modes than the last game even had at it's launch, promise a bunch of stuff is on the way but ask people to buy our DLC maps first.

A collection of ports of the old games? I mean most of the work is already done you should be able to just pretty it up and add decent matchmaking. YOU DOUBT OUR POWER!?!?! *fucks up matchmaking*

Also for good measure here is a picture of Halo 5 where we toss a shawl on Masterchief and call everyone guardians. Surely no one has done that already.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So what I am getting from the AC vids posted so far is it's a game about a fuckin wierdo who clambers around in churches?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

So what I am getting from the AC vids posted so far is it's a game about a fuckin wierdo who clambers around in churches?

its actually about a ghost with hair

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Dude it could run at 5fps, as long as the ps4 runs at 1fps I'd still be happy. :woop:

Yeah 4fps, but in that context it's 16% WHICH IS JUST HUGE!!

Now that the xbox is more powerful than the PS4 it's pretty sad times at Sony. No online, less powerful, washed out colours and no first party studio games. I predict their quarterly losses to be even worse than usual. :(

RIP

I thought LBP was firstparty?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

It's like you admitting you're a poo poo poster that jacks off daily to a Best Of Rick Flair compilation Things everyone already knows

It's spelt Ric

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Five frame difference! Yesssss!!!!!

*takes ps4 out of trash.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bobtista posted:

It's spelt Ric

He's probably just annoyed his achievement progress reset randomly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Bragging about who can run a latter day AC game better is like bragging about who's genital herpes outbreak is redder.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

gschmidl posted:

He's probably just annoyed his achievement progress reset randomly.

In a grander sense this happens to everyone when they buy an xbone.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Bragging about who can run a latter day AC game better is like bragging about who's genital herpes outbreak is redder.

Seriously after Brotherhood the series became remarkably poo poo. Revelations wasn't *bad* but it wasn't really good either :(

And then 3 was utter poo poo, 4 was pirates of the Caribbean and if you actually played the storyline missions then lmao you played the bad part of the game

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Daily reminder that assassins creed is a lovely annual series and no not even the boat one was good; and that ubisoft are clowns who intentionally do poo poo ports.

Xbox won

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Haquer posted:

Seriously after Brotherhood the series became remarkably poo poo. Revelations wasn't *bad* but it wasn't really good either :(

And then 3 was utter poo poo, 4 was pirates of the Caribbean and if you actually played the storyline missions then lmao you played the bad part of the game

Why is the newest Asscreed uglier than Revelations powered by a 750ti? Is this what it means to be next-gen?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rudoku posted:

Why is the newest Asscreed uglier than Revelations powered by a 750ti? Is this what it means to be next-gen?

They're literally just shunting out games now for money, imo

I mean moreso than before

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Dude it could run at 5fps, as long as the ps4 runs at 1fps I'd still be happy. :woop:

Yeah 4fps, but in that context it's 16% WHICH IS JUST HUGE!!

Now that the xbox is more powerful than the PS4 it's pretty sad times at Sony. No online, less powerful, washed out colours and no first party studio games. I predict their quarterly losses to be even worse than usual. :(

RIP

you got the colors backwards, ps4 and pc display on the same color range, xbones is reduced, much like its resolution, frame rate, online functionality and sales.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wanna comb that hair

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
fukk you guys I'm installing 70 gigs so I can wait for a fraud developer to fix their matchmaking on a game that's a decade old. #nextgen

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Stux posted:

you got the colors backwards, ps4 and pc display on the same color range, xbones is reduced, much like its resolution, frame rate, online functionality and sales.

The Xbox does have significantly more Halos than the Ps4. Checkmate, Sony.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I exist in a state of disbelief over the numerical amount of Halo's

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Intel&Sebastian posted:

See, I was going to make some kind of joke about the special olympics, but really couldn't be bothered when the subject was Assassin's Creed: Unity. I wouldn't buy the game unless on a heavy discount in any format.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

saw this in the halo mcc thread, is this all true because lmao

Organs posted:

you know how gears of war judgment was a massive failure with a dead playerbase after a month because the game was designed to be like call of duty and completely alienated the gears of war fanbase??

the lead multiplayer designer for that game is the lead multiplayer designer for halo 5

prior to butchering the gears of war franchise he worked on the smash hit duke nukem forever, and is fully committed to pushing halo 5 as an esports game because it worked so well when he pushed that angle for gears of war judgment

can quinn delhoyo kill 3 game franchises in a row??

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Intel&Sebastian posted:

fukk you guys I'm installing 70 gigs so I can wait for a fraud developer to fix their matchmaking on a game that's a decade old. #nextgen

Welcome back to posting about the xbone Have you read the updated terms and conditions as well as mental health well being guidance information?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

univbee posted:

gently caress it, might as well liven up the thread.

If one of the die-hard Xbox fanboys gets a PS4 I'll get an Xbox One and give it a review for this thread. :toxx:

On the plus side you can buy the xbone for roughly the same price as a pack of smokes.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Yay, Xbox live seems to be broken to the point where achievements aren't even working.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CheeseFactory posted:

On the plus side you can buy the xbone for roughly the same price as a pack of smokes.

You have no idea how little that man pays for a pack of smokes out of some biker's cousin's trunk in a Provigo parking lot.

MS should look into running xbones through a fake grey market of swap meet and car boot sales. No need to spook the retailers with hundo-a-bone pricing, but you need to get that market share up chop chop.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

can we please stop spreading FUD about the stability of the premium online service xbox offers its users, now available at the low price of only $59.99 per year, served to you with the power of azure cloud computing. game on. game one. all in one. xbox one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Boners gonna bone

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Stux posted:

saw this in the halo mcc thread, is this all true because lmao

He's about to hit the hat trick

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/11/the-new-dance-in-halo-5-guardians/

quote:

Despite likening the beta test as "coming out of the house half dressed," 343 Industries and Microsoft will use December as a showcase for Halo 5: Guardians – at least the multiplayer part. With almost 2 years of work done and nearly another year to go before launch, Halo 5: Guardians is going to be a learning experience for just about everyone

And here's another interesting change - every gun has a scoped mode, mapped to the left trigger.

The impending arrival of game-changing weapons like swords and sniper rifles is called out on the display for everyone, which is not something I'm convinced is for the better...According to Halo 5 Studio Head Josh Holmes, weapon spawn information is meant to level the playing field, just like weapons, shields and movement abilities give everyone a fair starting point

According to 343, players will get to vote on some aspects of the beta's additional maps in its second and third weeks

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stux posted:

can we please stop spreading FUD about the stability of the premium online service xbox offers its users, now available at the low price of only $59.99 per year, served to you with the power of azure cloud computing. game on. game one. all in one. xbox one.

gonna spread FUD all over your face.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Stux posted:

Looks like it's fixed now, it's been removed from the status page so yeah please stop spreading FUD :v:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Pretty good turnaround for the most anticipated game of 2014. I just finished the first Halo, Halo 1 (one) the original. Such a blast to play again. Had to go to bed but snuck in the first mission of Halo 2 as well, god drat it looks and sounds so good!

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 12, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How much more levelling of the playing field are they going to implement, Jesus christ.

"we eliminated vertical aiming because it wasn't fair to expect players to look up and down, and then we realised it was pretty unrealistic to expect players to have to hunt eachother down or use strategic positioning so we made every map into a single corridor where the players spawn at opposite ends directly facing eachother.

Of course, some people are quicker on the trigger than others so any time anyone fires a weapon all other players will fire simultaneously, we feel this really levels the playing field so everyone can have fun!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Looks like it's fixed now, it's been removed from the status page so yeah please stop spreading FUD :v:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Pretty good turnaround for the most anticipated game of 2014. I just finished the first Halo, Halo 1 (one) the original. Such a blast to play again. Had to go to bed but snuck in the first mission of Halo 2 as well, god drat it looks and sounds so good!

Your link literally says social and gaming is "limited"

Working Fine.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bobtista posted:

Your link literally says social and gaming is "limited"

Working Fine.

It means like a Limited Edition, its better than normal.

"Man, how is that new Halo collection."
"Oh its totally limited dude, off the charts limited"

Stop spreading FUD

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

XBOX LIVE IS WORKING FINE

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

how is psn this fair evening?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Ohh how did I miss crossfire mode? Looks like fun!

quote:

Though I assumed it was another acquisition from Call of Duty, which relies heavily on aiming down weapon sights, Halo 5's shooting isn't dramatically different from earlier games. Ranged weapons like the DMR and Battle Rifle, which return in Halo 5, slip in and out of scope just like they did before, minus the click of the right stick. There's no penalty to movement while peeking through the gun, and getting shot will kick you out of the more precise (but claustrophobic) scoped view.

They've remapped the ADS button guys and given it to all guns, the games done for guys :smith:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hanyolo posted:

but advanced warfare launched fine :confused:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Halo 5 is also like the 3rd or 4th tentpole release to act like double jumping in an FPS is an amazing feature even after Titanfall figured out no one cares and that having enemies bouncing all over the place is lovely and annoying.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
:woop:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/532241645497249794

quote:

Got to play the new @RareLtd game today. Rare building a uniquely Rare game, as it should be. Great visit to the studio.

The good games just keep rolling in, such a good time to be a bone owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

but rare doesn't exist anymore? that's like saying halo 5 is being developed by bungie lmao

• Locked thread