Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Well, I've had my fun with The Lost and am ready to never play The Lost ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tammy's Head is completely overpowered with Azazel.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey is Loki's Horns broken or something? I need to unlock them for the Glass Canon challenge and I have fought Loki MULTIPLE times and Lokii a couple but they have not unlocked nor can do the challenge. I really hope I can get them without resetting.... :ohdear:

You should have it unlocked in the Secrets or in Steam Achievements, you just might have never found them in the wild. I know I haven't.

Another thing the gimp mask does is make enemies drop half hearts every now and then. It's also cool to get the Bible and the Chaos Card and go through the last half of the game with ease.

Kurtofan posted:

Tammy's Head is completely overpowered

Yup, same with Krampus' Head, literally the only reason I beat the Lamb.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Fans posted:

I finally beat it by getting the Piggybank and the Coin Operated Earthshaker which just let me clear rooms with ease. I did end up with orbiting tears which were a pain until they got powerful enough that anything in the room died in seconds, mom was a piece of cake.

It says the Horseman are out now. :ohdear:

Welcome to the actual game :downs:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Tammy's Head is completely overpowered with Azazel.

If you find The Ludovico Technique as Azazel that's pretty much a win right there.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think I'm going to take a break from this game until Dead Boy is fixed. My continue save is just outside the end boss with no damage taken on the floor and a build that I feel 100% confident I won't get hit with.

Definitely pumped for the fixes to get out so I can get Platinum god and then just play on normal and have fun, crazy runs all the time with absolutely everything unlocked.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Crosspeice posted:

You should have it unlocked in the Secrets or in Steam Achievements, you just might have never found them in the wild. I know I haven't.

Nope! Just checked both. No Secret or Achievement for it found on my end. :(

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Just died with pyromaniac and 25 bombs in my pocket. :negative:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Just had a run where all my pickups were doubled. Hearts, coins, whatever: they all were x2. What item caused it?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Elman posted:

Just had a run where all my pickups were doubled. Hearts, coins, whatever: they all were x2. What item caused it?

Humbling Bundle.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Kaethela posted:

Humbling Bundle.

Could also be Contract From Below if it was two of the same pickup, rather than each pickup being 1+1 free.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Okay, uh, I click Play on Steam and it says isaac-ng.exe has stopped working. Reason is APPCRASH.

Guess my previous Eve run was just too good for the game to handle...

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

13/f/cali posted:

I think I'm going to take a break from this game until Dead Boy is fixed. My continue save is just outside the end boss with no damage taken on the floor and a build that I feel 100% confident I won't get hit with.

Definitely pumped for the fixes to get out so I can get Platinum god and then just play on normal and have fun, crazy runs all the time with absolutely everything unlocked.

You're going to get out of practice, walk in and immediately get hit.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey is Loki's Horns broken or something? I need to unlock them for the Glass Canon challenge and I have fought Loki MULTIPLE times and Lokii a couple but they have not unlocked nor can do the challenge. I really hope I can get them without resetting.... :ohdear:

Have you beaten Challenge #19? You also need to do that to unlock it. It threw me off as well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Slime posted:

You're going to get out of practice, walk in and immediately get hit.

My build is Gnawed Leaf, Sacrificial Dagger and my own patience, it's gonna be okay.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Van Kraken posted:

Could also be Contract From Below if it was two of the same pickup, rather than each pickup being 1+1 free.

I keep forgetting about that one.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
So does Cain not have an unlock for beating The Chapel? Is he the only character that doesn't?

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006
Finally beat Beans! and the last of the challenges.

It just took 20 minutes of rerolling until I get a brimstone buddy right off the bat and saying gently caress off to the challenge's gimmick. :shepface:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

jsr v2.0 posted:

Have you beaten Challenge #19? You also need to do that to unlock it. It threw me off as well.

OH! No I have not, I am still i nthe process of getting Dad's Key

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Atomicated posted:

So does Cain not have an unlock for beating The Chapel? Is he the only character that doesn't?

Did you have the ankh or judas shadow and die? Those items turn you in to those characters, so you're no longer who you chose.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dang, I thought I was doing good in the Family Man challenge. Didn't get very good upgrades but I managed to barely beat Mom's Heart...then the Cathedral portal showed up. :suicide:

EDIT: Any tips for The Family Man and Cat Got Your Tongue? I can't really think of much besides Krampus' Head and Brimstone Baby.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 12, 2014

MessiahForHire
Oct 15, 2012
Woohoo! Finally beat Head Trauma! An early Blood Clot, a late Smart Fly, and a decent amount of HP ups really helped make that run not 100% awful like the other times I tried.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I cannot reasonably explain the run I just had with Azazel. Shears in the first item room, guppy mode, dark bum, some suicide spiders that filled entire floors whenever I killed anything, goat's head guaranteeing satan deals. Then in Sheol I got a dice room which turned me into god knows what, the only things I know for sure I had was quad shot and brimstone familiar, my 99 bombs were exploding into huge shielded tears and I continued to poo poo flies everywhere cause Guppy. I think my brimstones might have been magnetic too if it works with that.

Easily got my first Heart, boss rush and Satan kills with that set up. Sometimes the game just decides you're going to win. Wish I'd written down that seed.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 12, 2014

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've had a few challenge runs that I've beat entirely because I lucked into a dice room and rolled into something that wasn't terrible.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

I just lost a Maggie run at Satan because I literally found zero speed ups the entire time and couldn't outrun all the bomb leeches in his third form :negative:
Outrun?
move diagonally bro why would you outrun them

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

v1.02 is live.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Outrun?
move diagonally bro why would you outrun them

Yah the trick to beating Leg Day Satan is to never, ever stop moving diagonally.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

13/f/cali posted:

Welp, that wasn't a long wait.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

v1.02 is live.

quote:

Here is a list of major issues fixed by Patch 1.02.

White textures
Players using OpenGL 2.x due to older graphics hardware had an issue where many textures in the game were white. This should be fixed in 90% of the cases now. If you were using the "ogl2" beta, make sure to opt out of the beta so you can upgrade to 1.02. Many thanks to the people who helped us test this over the weekend.

Window disappearing on startup
This happened to players on Windows. The game window would show up for a short amount of time and then disappear, while the music was still playing.
This issue should be fixed now. In case some of you still experience this, there is a trick to make the window re-appear: Press Windows + Left, or Windows + Right (the little key with the Windows logo, and one of the arrow keys).

Crash on startup
This was caused by a broken options.ini, and could be resolved by deleting the file. The game can detect and repair broken ini files now, so this should be fixed, too.

Startup crash on Linux with shader errors in the log
I'm not entirely sure whether this is fixed or not. The shader errors are sorted out now, and I hope this was the cause of the crash. Make sure to write to isaac@nicalis.com if you are on Linux and your game is still crashing on startup.

:toot: :siren:Missing achievements:siren: :toot:
The following achievements were not unlocking properly (SPOILER ALERT!).

We also fixed a problem with the music pitch during the Epilogue cutscene, and some gameplay related issues.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know yet what gameplay changes there are? It's really dumb they don't specify in the patch notes.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

RatHat posted:

Dang, I thought I was doing good in the Family Man challenge. Didn't get very good upgrades but I managed to barely beat Mom's Heart...then the Cathedral portal showed up. :suicide:

EDIT: Any tips for The Family Man and Cat Got Your Tongue? I can't really think of much besides Krampus' Head and Brimstone Baby.

I beat Family man my first try, but this is only because I got incredibly lucky in the basement and got Lil'steven and the goat head, leading me to pick up a ghost baby from the devil deal and guppy's paw from a red chest. In the caves I got a gish boss too, so that added gish. Eventually by necropolis 2 I had grabbed guppy's collar and head, and it turns out your followers shots count (at least in the challenge I presume) in spawning blue flies as guppy. My damage output from there was enough to carry me to a win.
Also didnt hurt that I had just unlocked Fate and found it in a gold chest in one of those chained up rooms.

Really you're just looking to luck out on a run that will offer you loads of followers and/or other non-tears upgrades and damage outputs, like gemini, ball of tar, etc. Apparently you unlock more followers by beating hardmode with different characters but I havent done any of those yet.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Disgusting Coward posted:

They should totally put in a character whose "thing" is that they can choose their items. Not, like, from the entire pool, that'd be insane, but maybe a choice of 3 each item room?
Not that exactly but I'd love a "you get a bunch of money, can use that money to buy whatever items you want(until you run out of course), then survive as long as you can in an arena"-type mode. that'd be a dlc I'd shell out money for

Disgusting Coward posted:

EDIT: Also, Meat Boy is retarded now. Motherfucker just runs hither and yon like a dild.
that ain't different at all

Magres posted:

Yah the trick to beating Leg Day Satan is to never, ever stop moving diagonally.
Personally what I do is move slowly horizontally across the low wall shooting backwards as his legs come down, then move diagonally from that lower corner to an upper one once bomb worms come, move horizontally across the upper wall until leeches come, move diagonally back down to lower wall etc. etc.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So there's a little file in the directory called changelog.txt. Let's take a looksee...

quote:

* Fix rendering issues with OpenGL 2.x
* Fix window disappearing on startup
* Fix crash on loading options.ini
* Fix crash when sound is not working
* Fix shader errors for Pixelation and Old TV
* Fix save/continue during Boss Rush
* Fix The Lost + Dead Cat exploits
* Fix infinite item respawn exploits
* Fix Godhead, Platinum God, Dark Boy achievements
* Fix P2 Trinity Shield exploit
* Fix music pitch issues during cutscene
* Fix D10 generating invincible enemies

Welp!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I miss the old credits music (not the jesus loves me one), it was 90s Beat Em Up Ending Theme as heck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL3nHtK8NJc

I guess it wouldn't have fit that well with the new music though considering it's got the old main menu theme in it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Logan 5 posted:

Really you're just looking to luck out on a run that will offer you loads of followers and/or other non-tears upgrades and damage outputs, like gemini, ball of tar, etc. Apparently you unlock more followers by beating hardmode with different characters but I havent done any of those yet.

I'm pretty sure hard mode unlocks co-op babies, not followers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Logan 5 posted:

Nah, you unlock more co-op babies. As far as I know there's no actual items.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Arrrghhh had a legit Mom's Heart kill with Lost but died simultaneously on a blast from one of those god drat blood clots!

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Ahhh, that makes sense I guess. I wouldn't know I have no one to local co-op with :(

Really wish there was online co-op, that'd be amazing/hilarious.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kawalimus posted:

Arrrghhh had a legit Mom's Heart kill with Lost but died simultaneously on a blast from one of those god drat blood clots!

The game is honestly really good about that and should award you the Mom's Heart kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So how does The Lost + Dead Cat work now? Does it just do nothing, or do you get 9 lives like you're supposed to? I could probably still make it through the game in 9 hits with the right items.