Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm rollin' mostly digital these days. I can't seem to find indication if I get the Harpoon and whatnot if I buy it off the PSN store via preorder. (for PS4).

Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I'm rollin' mostly digital these days. I can't seem to find indication if I get the Harpoon and whatnot if I buy it off the PSN store via preorder. (for PS4).

Anyone know?

Seems like it.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/far-cry-4-ps4/?CMP=pssocial:blog:game:farcry4ps4_gumball:9_29_14

If it says anything about an upgrade to the limited edition, you're good.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Volkerball posted:

Seems like it.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/far-cry-4-ps4/?CMP=pssocial:blog:game:farcry4ps4_gumball:9_29_14

If it says anything about an upgrade to the limited edition, you're good.

Thanks. The actual store entry page that it links to doesn't mention any of that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Xander77 posted:

Like I said, I wasn't expecting that kind of significant change; but Far Cry-Brotherhood still came as a surprise. I liked Brotherhood, but still.

What's far cry brotherhood?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

What's far cry brotherhood?

Probably mixed up Blood Dragon with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for... some reason.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure he was saying Far Cry 4 was the Brotherhood to Far Cry 3's AC2.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I just hope it's not going to be the AC 3 or judging from reviews so far, Unity of the Far Cry series instead.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I just hope it's not going to be the AC 3 or judging from reviews so far, Unity of the Far Cry series instead.

What reviews?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Feenix posted:

[Edit2] was this the PS4 Version?

Look at the button prompts

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

What reviews?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-assassins-creed-unity-review
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/11/assassins-creed-unity-review-a-tale-of-two-games/
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/assassin-s-creed-unity-review/1900-6415948/
http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7192467/assassins-creed-unity-review-xbox-one-PS4-PC
http://www.destructoid.com/review-assassin-s-creed-unity-283448.phtml

It's getting pretty poor review scores for a AAA game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

What reviews?

the many bad ACU reviews that came out this morning that say "buy if AC is your favorite poo poo, otherwise avoid"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Look at the button prompts

I did, but sometimes games on PC sense controllers, no?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

They sense Xbox 360 controllers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Great Joe posted:

They sense Xbox 360 controllers.

Ah, my misunderstanding. :)

Still uncertain if buying on PSN gets me the preorder based on the Purchase page.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

the many bad ACU reviews that came out this morning that say "buy if AC is your favorite poo poo, otherwise avoid"

The wording lead me to believe there were FC4 reviews out that were Unity like.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Any word on how the 360/PS3 versions run compared to their beefier next gen versions? I really don't have the money to justify getting a PS4 anytime soon, but if this game is just completely neutered on the last gen consoles I may have to give it a miss, which is a shame because I goddamn loved Far Cry 3. :(

e: I am totally fine with that.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 11, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
It probably runs almost exactly like Far Cry 3 did on those consoles.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

ShineDog posted:

Jasons throat is slit because the bad ending is canon/best. You cannot tell me otherwise.

I just realised reading your post that I didn't even finish FC3s story. I'm glad Jason died.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The other option is he gets to live, leaving with his girlfriend, brother, and friends, and Citra dies instead.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
The real ending is Jason dies when Vaas boots him down into the drink and the whole thing is just a hallucinated frat boy power fantasy as his brain is deprived of oxygen.

You then play as Vaas.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
Too bad the main character isn't white, so we could have some more goony whining.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm sure there'll be some niggling plot point that we can annoy shitheads who never want to discuss anything with.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is it still a thing to accuse the villain of being a bigoted representation of gay guys? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the hell that complaint came about without being homophobic in and out of itself. :catstare:

Orv
May 4, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Is it still a thing to accuse the villain of being a bigoted representation of gay guys? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the hell that complaint came about without being homophobic in and out of itself. :catstare:

Well you see only the gays bleach their hair? :shrug:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Gay or straight, a man with that hair - in that suit - has confidence coming out the arse.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Didn't one of the writers say something about being really proud of a twist involving his pink suit? It's probably dyed with the blood of his enemies or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Didn't one of the writers say something about being really proud of a twist involving his pink suit? It's probably dyed with the blood of his enemies or something.

Elton John is your father.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If there's a "twist" it almost certainly has to do with the spirit world or something like that, maybe he's a literal demon (based on looking at the design in the suit from the op).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone else get a preorder for Far Cry 4 with a video card purchase?

I punched in the code to UPlay, it was accepted, but in UPlay Far Cry 4 doesn't show up under my Games list. I know it isn't out yet, but I assume it would still be listed under my games.

Did anyone else have this issue or should I contact UPlay support?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Swartz posted:

I punched in the code to UPlay, it was accepted, but in UPlay Far Cry 4 doesn't show up under my Games list. I know it isn't out yet, but I assume it would still be listed under my games.

I dont think games show up there until they are ready to be played. As in after install. I might be wrong though.

Edit: I remember having trouble getting blood dragon to show up until I started blood dragon some other way (I didnt launch at the end of install) and signed in. Or some such bullshit.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 12, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Swartz posted:

I seem to recall that when I bought a FC3 key off of somebody as a reward for buying a GPU, I didn't have it show up until I installed the game, and Uplay wouldn't preload poo poo like Steam does, so it was basically last-minute.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
PS4 stream going:

http://www.twitch.tv/leeroy712playsnow

It's in some loving :catdrugs: mode

E:

Drug time over :( However there are now fortresses!

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 12, 2014

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Capn Beeb posted:

PS4 stream going:

http://www.twitch.tv/leeroy712playsnow

It's in some loving :catdrugs: mode

Yup, pretty much all of my fears are gone. Next week can't come soon enough. :getin:

Also it's good to see that the supporting cast is still made of total dipshits.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

psychoJ posted:

Yup, pretty much all of my fears are gone. Next week can't come soon enough. :getin:

Also it's good to see that the supporting cast is still made of total dipshits.

People complained about Far Cry 2's buddies and story NPCs being weird android cardboard people who talked really really really fast, but then FC3 went the opposite direction and made every friendly character really annoying (possibly on purpose.) Vaas was the only interesting person in the game. I wonder if the happy medium between those two even exists.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Sam was pretty cool too.

I also liked Buck.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like hurk

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
From the streams, FC4 is looking like the Anti-AC:U.

Good frame rate, great graphics, nice draw distance, fun...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I already like the fortress idea. Outposts that are just bigger and more dangerous? Hell yeah let's do this poo poo :tfrxmas:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

I already like the fortress idea. Outposts that are just bigger and more dangerous? Hell yeah let's do this poo poo :tfrxmas:

Yeah, that's what I live for in games like this. Evil bad guys must learn the folly of hiding out in their big safe-seeming fort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Trudis posted:

On the topic of Ubisoft hand-holding, Ziggy's Mod for FC3 made the game for me. Replaces the minimap with a simple compass, removes the wallhack spotting system, unlocks the wingsuit from the start along with all the story-locked skills. Also removed the animal symbols on the pause menu map and upped the crafting requirements so it was actually a challenge to hunt down and collect materials. It honestly felt like it was the way the game was always supposed to be, but wasn't because they had to dumb it down.

Thought I'd try out Ziggys.

God drat It's a whole new game, I'm exploring and having adventures and poo poo rather than just using the map and icons to go point to fetch-quest point.

• Locked thread