Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So the bone will win November in the US off the back of people buying them at black Friday prices, expecting to flip them to desperate parents at Christmas.

Do returns factor against NPD figures? Because having December/January be -negative bones sold is going to be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
well its holiday season again I'd really like to read the essay some guy sent out to his extended family about which console to buy. Or someone can write a new one i dont care.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Any impressions on Dragon age yet, Xbox friends? It reviewed well but that doesn't mean much these days.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

HampHamp posted:

Any impressions on Dragon age yet, Xbox friends? It reviewed well but that doesn't mean much these days.

I already have it preloaded. I'm probably going to dump 5 bucks for the six hour preview when I get back from the store in a little bit.

I loved DA1, played it maybe a dozen times. Hated DA2, only made it through less than half of a second play through before deciding it wasn't worth it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

HampHamp posted:

actually reviews are perfect so it's going to be great

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Giantbomb has a quick look which is pretty good at showing how the game actually plays, except for the usual issue where the person playing is incompetent at the game. The only really bad thing I noticed was their exchange about the search feature, which is really useful but not completely necessary, being stuck on L3 (or pressing the left stick). The guy playing said he constantly clicks that while exploring areas, which seems like it'd get kinda lovely on console.

From streams and stuff the game looks real good, but there's still the usual Bioware hammy dialogue and poo poo. If you liked DA1 and the ME games, you'll probably like DA:I. With the exposure it's got, I kinda doubt it'll be DA2 bad.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Soonmot posted:

I already have it preloaded. I'm probably going to dump 5 bucks for the six hour preview when I get back from the store in a little bit.

I loved DA1, played it maybe a dozen times. Hated DA2, only made it through less than half of a second play through before deciding it wasn't worth it.

It's great that you're allowed to pay for a demo these days.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Why doesn't Microsoft just charge people for patches at this point? EA is already charging for demo access and, as this thread proves, people will pay it. I think this is the Nadella future: pay-per-patch, release games unfinished (i.e. Halo MCC), instant cash money.

I'm telling you guys: this is going to be massive. Gone are the days of limited patch size or forcing developers to pay $10,000+ per patch after the first one like on the 360. This is a brave new world. Want working multiplayer? That'll be $5. Want to restore your saved game to the same place you left it? $3.50. This could be huge.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Seedge posted:

its a preview actually ok. its different.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Pathos posted:

Why doesn't Microsoft just charge people for patches at this point? EA is already charging for demo access and, as this thread proves, people will pay it. I think this is the Nadella future: pay-per-patch, release games unfinished (i.e. Halo MCC), instant cash money.

I'm telling you guys: this is going to be massive. Gone are the days of limited patch size or forcing developers to pay $10,000+ per patch after the first one like on the 360. This is a brave new world. Want working multiplayer? That'll be $5. Want to restore your saved game to the same place you left it? $3.50. This could be huge.

Don't give them ideas. Remember Microsoft had the ability to cancel your live subscription on xbox.com and only enabled it in regions where consumer laws required it, leaving other regions to call customer support and jump through their hoops.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Microsoft are over delivering in value. Stop spreading FUD.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seedge posted:

Except the "demo" also provides access to a shitload of other games that don't have time restrictions. Way i see it, I'm basically paying 5 bucks to rent peggle 2 for a month and getting 6 hours of dragon age for free.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Except the "demo" also provides access to a shitload of other games that don't have time restrictions. Way i see it, I'm basically paying 5 bucks to rent peggle 2 for a month and getting 6 hours of dragon age for free.

yeah thats been around for a while, with more games and from more people than just EA, and its called PS+

i know GWG has been terrible, but supporting lovely practices like that is only going to harm it more.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Stux posted:

yeah thats been around for a while, with more games and from more people than just EA, and its called PS+

i know GWG has been terrible, but supporting lovely practices like that is only going to harm it more.

Can't actually wait for Activision and Ubisoft to also gate their garbage behind additional paywalls. Get every last cent from anyone still stupid enough to buy from them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

well its holiday season again I'd really like to read the essay some guy sent out to his extended family about which console to buy. Or someone can write a new one i dont care.

Dear Penthouse Forum, you wouldn't believe the day I had today. After saving the universe my holographic mom saw fit to thank me properly. Her heaving virtual blue bosom was looking saggier than ever, and she looked at me lustfully with her 720p eyes and moaned deeply. "If only we could be together, but you can't Xbox Live Gold is required to use this feature."

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.hostedredmine.com/projects/halo-mcc/issues?per_page=100&set_filter=1

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Pathos posted:

:siren: Look at this moron that doesn't know what EA access is.

That's like saying "why would I pay for PS+ when all it does is not let me play driveclub multiplayer!!!!"

You're dumb.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....

Halo: MCC is 1000000000x the gently caress up driveclub is. Wow. How do you take previously working games and online capabilities and break them this badly. It's like MS it purposely trolling the Boners.

They deserve it.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I think the 5-7 million number is from like April or something so its not that out there of a number given the new games and prices dropping. Some sales chart guy probably knows more than me tho so for once I am soliciting a sales chart.
The 5.7-6.7m sold to consumers figure is for the end of September, not April. Note that the competitor confirmed 10m sold to consumers on August 12th. If I had solid shipped:shipped:sold or shipped:sold:sold figures worldwide across a similar timeframe I'd be able to make that gap more accurate, but alas.

Oh and the AC:U companion app has an interesting piece:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

I think they just pushed out another update. Still busted though.
:yayclod:

Zaphod42 posted:

Supposedly AC Unity is pretty borked on xbone as well

The power of the :smithcloud:
:yayclod::yayclod:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Great dude, please continue to copy and paste all posts from other threads ITT.

You're doing a great job!

Floridiot posted:

Halo: MCC is 1000000000x the gently caress up driveclub is. Wow. How do you take previously working games and online capabilities and break them this badly. It's like MS it purposely trolling the Boners.

They deserve it.

How did you come to that conclusion? Halo's been out three days and it wasn't delayed a year. Driveclub still doesn't work properly and it's been over a month. No one promised a free version of halo with GWG only to back track on it.

Keep trying though!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Great dude, please continue to copy and paste all posts from other threads ITT.

You're doing a great job!

Would you like to come take a picture next time I do it?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Would you like to come take a picture next time I do it?

No I don't think so

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

to be fair, unity is hosed on every singe platform

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

to be fair, unity is hosed on every singe platform

:ssh: he's trying to do sick burns to the xbox because he harbours an irrational hatred for next gen consoles. Let him have it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

How did you come to that conclusion? Halo's been out three days and it wasn't delayed a year. Driveclub still doesn't work properly and it's been over a month. No one promised a free version of halo with GWG only to back track on it.

Keep trying though!

Halo 2 multiplayer has been broken since April 2010 so I think Halo's the bigger fuckup. :colbert:

Not even a one-in-one-out, it was more like 0-in-everybody-out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Finished the starter content in DAI. It looks like sidequests are turned off for the trial, which seems stupid since you only get six hours of playtime, but whatever.

Tactical cam is pretty sweet for setting up your initial strike, but after that I've had more fun switching back to normal action battle. Voice commands make controlling poo poo in battles pretty easy, too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soonmot posted:

It looks like sidequests are turned off for the trial, which seems stupid since you only get six hours of playtime, but whatever.

Wait, there are actual roadblocks in EA Access' timed trials now?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

Wait, there are actual roadblocks in EA Access' timed trials now?

Yeah, when you get accsess to the main map in the war room, a bunch of side missions pop up on it, all of them are marked "unavailble for trial version."

Knowing that, I don't think I'll be buying anymore months of this service since I don't care for sports games or shooters, which seems to be the only parts of their library EA has available. Peggle 2 will be fun, but I'm gonna tire of that after about a week or two.

EDIT: You cannot cheat the trial by signing in with another live account either.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 13, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

:ssh: he's trying to do sick burns to the xbox because he harbours an irrational hatred for next gen consoles. Let him have it.

lol this is me you're talking to bro

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Crafty posted:

hmmmm crafty your brain is sick my friend. Don't end up lie shadow puppet, it's a cursed existence

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

lol this is me you're talking to bro

If we were bro's we'd be Cain and Abel. You'd be Abel.

Nice junk

That's a bonetroller in my hand :devil:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, when you get accsess to the main map in the war room, a bunch of side missions pop up on it, all of them are marked "unavailble for trial version."

Knowing that, I don't think I'll be buying anymore months of this service since I don't care for sports games or shooters, which seems to be the only parts of their library EA has available. Peggle 2 will be fun, but I'm gonna tire of that after about a week or two.

EDIT: You cannot cheat the trial by signing in with another live account either.

Give PVZ a go while you're there. It's really good, better than Bf4 IMEO

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soonmot posted:

Whereas you could pay 10 bucks and own Peggle 2, forever. The sports game are still last years, aren't they? Many playing last years Madden online these days?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Never let it be said that I'm not impartial when schadenfreude is to be had.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Seedge posted:

Whereas you could pay 10 bucks and own Peggle 2, forever. The sports game are still last years, aren't they? Many playing last years Madden online these days?

I asked a friend of mine who plays last years Madden online and he says that tons of people play last years Madden online these days.

I sold BF4 and FIFA14 for $40 so I got a years worth of EA Access plus $10 which I used to buy a sandwich, so I'm way ahead in this game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gschmidl posted:

Never let it be said that I'm not impartial when schadenfreude is to be had.

personally I'm still boggled everytime i boot my ps3 up that there is still an unremovable singstar game icon, forever at the top of the game list.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

If we were bro's we'd be Cain and Abel. You'd be Abel.

Nice junk

That's a bonetroller in my hand :devil:

thats pretty accurate, as my gift, the ps4, is looked upon favourably, while yours isn't and your jealousy has driven you blind with rage.

but i forgive you my brother

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

AdmiralViscen posted:

Sometimes it shits out 7v4 matches in 5v5 playlists and the 11th player is the "-1th"
I'm not quite sure how you break your matchmaking to allow this to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

VincesUndies posted:

I asked a friend of mine who plays last years Madden online and he says that tons of people play last years Madden online these days.

I sold BF4 and FIFA14 for $40 so I got a years worth of EA Access plus $10 which I used to buy a sandwich, so I'm way ahead in this game.

Good thing you got BF4 and Fifa 14 for free when you originally bought them!

• Locked thread