Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Polyphemus, Book of Revelations and Quad Shot all on the 1st 2 floors. :stare: I think I've won this run already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dackel posted:

Virgo's invulnerability proc protects you from Heart damage from Blood donation machines :psyduck:

i once got the combo of virgo and that straight razor usable item that sacrifices a heart or whatever to deal massive damage to everything in the room. if the invuln period got triggered by something then i could just hammer on my space bar and decimate everything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hey, you could still pick up Dr. Fetus or something.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Pyromaniac + Jesus Juice = Isaac with a second mouth that looks like a moustache or something. :psyduck:

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

The Haunt is a real stupid bad boss and I hate it.

Real helpful how the boss's smaller minions look identical to the lil' haunt.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
My favorite curse is the curse of the cursed. I hear many people complain about the cursed challenge. But I actually really liked that one. Forced me to think more carefully about my movement. My favorite challenge yet.

E: Okay, the post was replying to is on the last page and I'm too lazy to quote it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

IGgy IGsen posted:

My favorite curse is the curse of the cursed. I hear many people complain about the cursed challenge. But I actually really liked that one. Forced me to think more carefully about my movement. My favorite challenge yet.

E: Okay, the post was replying to is on the last page and I'm too lazy to quote it.

The Cursed challenge ain't much when you get a holy mantle on the first floor. :smug:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Is it working as intended that when you pick up an item that gives you tarots/pills it overrides stuff you are already holding?

I was holding a rune and picked up Little Baggy which gave me 2 puberty pills and my rune just disappeared :(

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Dackel posted:

Is it working as intended that when you pick up an item that gives you tarots/pills it overrides stuff you are already holding?

I was holding a rune and picked up Little Baggy which gave me 2 puberty pills and my rune just disappeared :(

Little Baggy makes it so you can only collect pills. This has the effect of transforming any cards/runes on the floor or in your inventory into pills.

Starter Deck does the same thing, but for cards.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Novasol posted:

Little Baggy makes it so you can only collect pills. This has the effect of transforming any cards/runes on the floor or in your inventory into pills.

Starter Deck does the same thing, but for cards.

Oh damnit, I forgot about that secondary effect... Didn't realise it affected runes too. Bummer.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Aw man, I used the shovel to skip directly to Sheol and it didn't count as beating the womb II :smith:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm on a run right now as ??? with Holy Shield, Dark Bum, and the brimstone familiar. It's as if the game wants me to win.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I don't even think Curse of the Labyrinth should be considered bad, short of wasting secret room and extra shop opportunities. I wish it showed up more but even on Hard mode it's barely there.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012

Now we're playing with power. :getin:

Oh, man, I'm kicking myself for forgetting to save that seed. Damage-up poisonous spectral Ipecac with Loki's Horns meant that everything was blanketed by explosions, all the time. Unlocking the Polaroid at the same time was just gravy.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
My fight with The Lamb bugged out and he went completely invulnerable after I killed the body. Most powerful Judas run I've ever had too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Ilyich posted:

My fight with The Lamb bugged out and he went completely invulnerable after I killed the body. Most powerful Judas run I've ever had too.

Have you tried exiting the game and continuing?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've been trying to do hard mode boss rushes for unlocks and goddamn I hate ??? for it. It seems I'm completely unable to do it unless I just luck out on getting carried super hard. I can't wait to try to do this garbage on the lost. The problem is the hard mode levels are so large you need to skip a shitload of stuff to even get there on time, so your health is almost certainly going to be really low.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I have Pyromaniac, Holy Mantle, and Taurus right now. What is damage?

Also I'm guppy, so everything dies instantly.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Finally unlocked Judas, nothing quite like teaching me how bad at video games I am than starting with 1 Heart

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pretty good run, max damage, devil beggar, and Guppy's Paw. There was even a Gnawed Leaf in the boss rush room, which I took but never really needed.

8TMT
S7LM

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've decided the only possible first boss I can get at this point is The Haunt and I hate him.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Dizz posted:

Have you tried exiting the game and continuing?

Didn't think of that. Oh well, never mind. Just did a Cathedral run with Azazel, got proper Brimstone and the Guppy transformation. Isaac melted in 10 seconds flat.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Someone Awful! posted:

Pyromaniac + Jesus Juice = Isaac with a second mouth that looks like a moustache or something. :psyduck:

No, that is a "mustache" in that jesus juice always gives you a juice-mustache stain on your face.

Is it just me, or is playing with a controller easier? I've been getting a lot more wins than in the old game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is it just me or are those little Haunt minions the only enemies in the game that actually lead their shots? It gets me every fukken time.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
So, uh, I'm running into problems with those posted seeds for unlocking the Lost.

The Isaac and Maggie seeds worked perfectly, and I got those kills down.

When I used the seed for Judas and hit up the first treasure room, however, I got Mom's Bra instead of the Holy Mantle. Do I need to have different items unlocked for the seed to work or something?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Is it just me, or is playing with a controller easier? I've been getting a lot more wins than in the old game.

Same. I put many, many hours on flash BOI with the keyboard and have been absolutely wrecking poo poo on my ps4, I got used to the gamepad instantly.

It also helps the game has full analog movement support now instead of 8 directions.

Escape Car 3000
Oct 12, 2008
Is there a difference between Fire Rate Up and Tears Up or is that just inconsistent naming?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

So are all the kill the womb boss on hard item unlocks orbitals? Are any of them actually good because there are few orbitals I'm glad to see in a treasure room as it is, without adding more to the pool.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, I just cannot beat The Lamb. The Dark Room is just so brutal. This room with 2 mega fatties and one of those gray rolly bosses is much harder than The Lamb itself. I've gotten through it a couple of times and reached The Lamb with about 3 hearts left and came real close to beating it anyway both times.

Edit: Oh cool, got him down to like 10% health and the Wafer didn't pop on his brimstone and took away a full heart. Died with a full health pill in my back pocket because I thought I was safe :(

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 13, 2014

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LibbyM posted:

So are all the kill the womb boss on hard item unlocks orbitals? Are any of them actually good because there are few orbitals I'm glad to see in a treasure room as it is, without adding more to the pool.

They're all co-op buddies, don't feel rushed to get 'em if you don't plan on playing any co-op.

MessiahForHire
Oct 15, 2012
I did a run with Cain, with the goal of killing Satan to unlock the negative, and on an early floor there was Magic Fingers in the shop and a slot machine that had exploded into a dollar. Then a couple floors later I got the Dark Bum. By the time I got to Sheol, I had Holy Mantle, Punching Bag, an Emperor card, and 85 cents.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Man, I just cannot beat The Lamb. The Dark Room is just so brutal. This room with 2 mega fatties and one of those gray rolly bosses is much harder than The Lamb itself. I've gotten through it a couple of times and reached The Lamb with about 3 hearts left and came real close to beating it anyway both times.

Edit: Oh cool, got him down to like 10% health and the Wafer didn't pop on his brimstone and took away a full heart. Died with a full health pill in my back pocket because I thought I was safe :(

Since when does the Wafer have to activate? I thought it worked at all times for all damage?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

Since when does the Wafer have to activate? I thought it worked at all times for all damage?

I'm fairly certain the wafer activates after the first hit you take in a room. The blue aura around you shows that the wafer is in effect.

edit: Actually I guess I'm thinking of something else, the wiki says it's always on.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012

HGH posted:

I'm fairly certain the wafer activates after the first hit you take in a room. The blue aura around you shows that the wafer is in effect.

edit: Actually I guess I'm thinking of something else, the wiki says it's always on.

That'd be Cancer, the zodiac sign item.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Anyone else had issues with the monster manual not always giving you a guy?

First I thought maybe it was trying to give me one I already had, but later I just straight up got a duplicate. I'm didn't get anything at all twice though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

I don't know how it works. I said it didn't "pop", but what I meant was, it didn't work at all for some reason.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Somehow, my first Isaac kill came with... Blue Baby. I had not gotten any damage upgrades during the whole run, except Bob's Brain. However, I DID have Holy Mantle, Wafer, Item Martyr+Bob's Head, and max spirit hearts, so I could out last Isaac. It was also my second time playing Blue Baby in Rebirth.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The wafer makes all damage you take be just a half heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
Failed run, failed spectacularly.

As Samson, make it all the way down to Sheol. Item combination for most of the game had been Blank Card + Joker, and just stocking up on Devil items every floor.

In Sheol, I end up going down to 1 heart. I use my Joker to get out of the room, and use my last heart to buy 9 Lives. I go back, now with 8 lives, and clear the room. Suicide King drops. I Blank Card it, clear some more rooms, Blank Card, again, and repeat. I think I used it about 5 times.

Still ended up losing as I didn't get anything good from the Card (wtf?!) but it was pretty cool to get to use SK over and over and over again.