Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Cue a bunch of people posting random craft beers noones ever heard of to sound cultured. Its part of the cycle but its cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
It will be funny when everyone is using remote turret in a week.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Beer is a poo poo drink regardless of how tiny the garage it came out of is

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I've got the six bottles of Laphroaig but I want to get that yamazaki that just "won"

Knifegrab posted:

It will be funny when everyone is using remote turret in a week.

If we all use the turret and tell you how great it is will you stop posting about it? We'll all get in a big remote turret private game and have great goon times. And you'll stop posting. It'll be a blast.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dum Cumpster posted:

If we all use the turret and tell you how great it is will you stop posting about it? We'll all get in a big remote turret private game and have great goon times. And you'll stop posting. It'll be a blast.

I will consider it. Unlikely though, I am at the will of my posting, not the other way around.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SpazmasterX posted:

Beer is a poo poo drink regardless of how tiny the garage it came out of is

Spazmaster irl: :rubshands:

its okay buddy, you'll get your hands on that sweet nectar someday

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm buying a gun tonight and then shooting myself in the head. Suicide note will read:

"Shoulda had a turret"

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Zombie Boat posted:

I'm buying a gun tonight and then shooting myself in the head. Suicide note will read:

"Shoulda had a turret"

If you ever find my diary, every page just has that written on it over and over again. Except for the appendix.

Edit: Whiskey is a better drink to play COD to because it gets you drunk faster and you forget you are playing COD.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I killed a guy with my care package drop and it was awesome.

(just getting in this thread, is it for all platforms ?)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Yes, no matter what anyone else says.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
if anyone is on the bone.. toss me an invite.. the room finally stopped spinning and I can focus on one thing long enough to function.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Everyone can appreciate such a momentous occasion.

That reminds me. My first care package dropped on my idiot head and killed me and then it was that stupid sun ray that I wasn't able to get a single hit marker with. As I've always claimed, I'm bad and dumb.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Double semtex is real good for SKEET SKEET SKEET medals because you can fire one at a dudes feet and then stick them and they'll rocket away in the same fashion as the Challenger

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Can anyone confirm for me whether or not using Gung Ho with the Heavy Shield results in it actually covering your face while sprinting?

The first-person animation changes so that it's always fully in your view, but from watching my deathcams it looks like your character still holds it down and to the side when they sprint, so it doesn't actually protect you like it seems to.

Has anyone tested this?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Found a dude under the map on Horizon. Felt so good to kill him with the Pytaek by shooting into the wall he was at.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

The_White_Crane posted:

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not using Gung Ho with the Heavy Shield results in it actually covering your face while sprinting?

The first-person animation changes so that it's always fully in your view, but from watching my deathcams it looks like your character still holds it down and to the side when they sprint, so it doesn't actually protect you like it seems to.

Has anyone tested this?

Just watch your kill cam a bunch, it will show you exactly what the enemy is seeing, if it looks like you are not holding it in front then you aren't and the game is telling you bad poo poo in first person view.

Tac Knife running is really fun guys. I need to break out of my shell and try something different, I feel like I always end up using either hte SAC3, the KF5, the HBR, or the railgun with knife.

Fibby Boy posted:

Found a dude under the map on Horizon. Felt so good to kill him with the Pytaek by shooting into the wall he was at.

Does the pytaek penetrate better than other guns?

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

Robot Randy posted:

I know where you live hell bitch idiot.

A bunch of challenge completion challenges give cosmetics, you can preview them in the challenges menu.

Also is there a way to get a permanent red baron helmet or is it just a temp thing?

This thread could use some adventure time fanfic....

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Just watch your kill cam a bunch, it will show you exactly what the enemy is seeing, if it looks like you are not holding it in front then you aren't and the game is telling you bad poo poo in first person view.

Hahaha yes, exactly what they're seeing

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Orbital care packages make great honeypots on kill confirmed.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I think the sniper drone might just be the worst kill streak.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

All console platforms. If you decided to buy it on PC then there's a separate thread for that.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

Hahaha yes, exactly what they're seeing

Correction: you will see what the server sees. The game transmits a dataplot replay from the servers perspective, so you will see what the server sees which will be closer to what the enemy player saw than what you saw especially if there is any kind of host fuckery going on and the guy who killed you has a better ping. This is why it will sometimes seem like the kill cam is not even close to what you saw on your screen.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fibby Boy posted:

I think the sniper drone might just be the worst kill streak.

It has travel time, you have to lead with it, but any hit to the main torso or head is OHK. Everything else takes two shots.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FallinInTheBlak posted:

All console platforms. If you decided to buy it on PC then there's a separate thread for that.

Actually anyone can post here and this guy's wrong.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Dum Cumpster posted:

lets do this unironically

the game i played with fallen & a bunch of other guys on octane where we all ran spoonman specials with carls all called in at the same time was probably the most fun game I've ever played

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
should i buy a second copy of aw for my 5 year old macbook? serious answers only please

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Well I kinda see why people would prefer not to get into platform specific talk on a general game thread. Likewise, that sort of thing probably should go for any platform.

It's pretty weird how posting a PC rig setup triggers some folks though. I can see why people would want a good thread to talk about this in but we both know where that thread is :smuggo:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Here is the beer you should be drinking at all times. Pairs well with a lukewarm Remote Turret.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

My willpower to not buy this game on the bone grows weaker everyday.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

So Icey Seifuku posted:

My willpower to not buy this game on the bone grows weaker everyday.

don't you have it for PS4?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So how do you control missile strikes? Mine always seem to veer straight back up when I hit the thrusters.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Anyone else having problems trying to play groundwar? on xbone with my buddy and it freezes up on loading screen every time.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

So how do you control missile strikes? Mine always seem to veer straight back up when I hit the thrusters.

I think you're supposed to line up your shot before hitting the thrusters. You can only aim the little missiles.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

don't you have it for PS4?

I do indeed. At times however nostalgic feelings mix with petty grievances with PSN and I am left questioning everything.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Zapper posted:

This thread could use some adventure time fanfic....

Don't make me

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Could this be a potential hushing spot? http://youtu.be/8018XEG1nNY?t=8m12s

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

what a useful gun

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Mill Village posted:

Could this be a potential hushing spot? http://youtu.be/8018XEG1nNY?t=8m12s

I was killed by someone in there repeatedly. You can shoot out but not in, stuck a grenade to it and hit it with a rocket and nothing.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Thumbtacks posted:

what a useful gun

Whenever I used the stock model I would get a one hit kill maybe 75% of the time, I assume that extra damage guarantees a one shot kill? If so, super jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Wazzit posted:

Whenever I used the stock model I would get a one hit kill maybe 75% of the time, I assume that extra damage guarantees a one shot kill? If so, super jealous.

Sure but it has 3 accuracy, which means even ADS you miss half the time.

• Locked thread