Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
#3 is a neat way to reopen closed tabs brought to you by JasonGaston who came with it all by himself. No no ignore the open tab from lifehack.com titled "Quickly Reopen Closed..." on the image he submitted to illustrate the lifehack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DrBouvenstein posted:

There's a beer store near me that does something similar, but it's not a "make your own" 6-pack, they make it for you. From beers where maybe a pack got damaged, or someone stole one bottle from a 6-pack in the display case, etc... The same price range as the build your own ones at the grocery store, but 99% of the time it's better beer.

Can you not buy one beer out of a six-pack where you live?

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Tiggum posted:

Can you not buy one beer out of a six-pack where you live?

Most places you can't...

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Who only wants 1 beer anyway?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Some places even have laws against it. It's stupid and arbitrary.

#lifehack: get involved in local politics so you don't have to deal with dumb laws

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Who only wants 1 beer anyway?

I dunno why, but I see people buying one or two beers all the time at my local supermarket. I guess if you just want a single beer and have really poor self-control, so you know that you'd drink all six if you had them in your fridge?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Tiggum posted:

I guess if you just want a single beer and have really poor self-control, so you know that you'd drink all six if you had them in your fridge?

Life Hack: Embrace alcoholism and just buy a 24 pack, a few bottles of liquor, and just see where the night takes you.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

cobalt impurity posted:

#lifehack: get involved in local politics so you don't have to deal with dumb laws

Local politics is all dealing with dumb laws, all day. Why, this isn't a very good lifehack at all!

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Lifehack: Move to Australia and buy 750ml "long necks" and get it to go in a paper bag!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Rudager posted:

Lifehack: Move to Australia and buy 750ml "long necks" and get it to go in a paper bag!

We have those in the States - they're called bombers. 22 oz.

#Life #Hacked

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
750ml bottles are bigger than bombers. There are plenty of beers in 750ml bottles in the US, I just don't think we have a particular name for them, at least not one I've heard.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Doesn't a 40 count as a single beer?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Most places do sell individual tallboys. A decent amber ale or dark lager makes a great chili.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Detective Thompson posted:

750ml bottles are bigger than bombers. There are plenty of beers in 750ml bottles in the US, I just don't think we have a particular name for them, at least not one I've heard.

That's big? We have a 940ml ones over here. Pffft. :smug:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
64oz growlers :colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Just spend the :10bux: and get yourself a 4L Fruity Lexia/Gordo :australia:
aka, Goon.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

The Door Frame posted:

64oz growlers :colbert:

128oz growlers :smuggo:

Edit: seriously it is a lot of goddamn beer

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
More foodhacks please. I need to hack my foods.

http://guff.com/15-food-swap-hacks-that-will-change-the-way-you-eat/13

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

That's big? We have a 940ml ones over here. Pffft. :smug:

They sell 4.5 litre bottles of bourbon in Dan Murphy's. And check out those reviews: "somewhat just worse then jack daniels ... tastes like wood" "one for the bogan. Unpleasant ... Horrible." "[if] your not fussy then this is your drink." "quite bland and watery." A quality product in a convenient size.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Croccers posted:

Just spend the :10bux: and get yourself a 4L Fruity Lexia/Gordo :australia:
aka, Goon.

You can get wine in jugs or boxes here. They're about 4L of shame.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Boxwine is the best. Trader Joe's sells 3L boxes for like $12 here and it's fantastic.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
$12? Lol. How bout $8. Welcome to Denmark

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Is your butter cold? Don't bother nuking it for five seconds, or just leaving it out on the counter, just make a custom knife out of a bore pump!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Butter-Knife-for-Spreading-Cold-Hard-Butter/

EXAKT Science has a new favorite as of 18:24 on Nov 14, 2014

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

serious norman posted:

$12? Lol. How bout $8. Welcome to Denmark

Where in Denmark is this? I need to go there tonight.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Tiggum posted:

They sell 4.5 litre bottles of bourbon in Dan Murphy's. And check out those reviews: "somewhat just worse then jack daniels ... tastes like wood" "one for the bogan. Unpleasant ... Horrible." "[if] your not fussy then this is your drink." "quite bland and watery." A quality product in a convenient size.

All of you...

:slick::siren:LIFE HACKED:siren::slick:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

All of you...

:slick::siren:LIFE HACKED:siren::slick:

Holy poo poo.... It is beautiful. This is what millions of years of evolution has been leading to. Pack it in boys we are done, mission accomplished.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
That seems like an excellent way to flatten your beer.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My buddy and I had that idea way back in college, only with vodka.

Also, you don't tell anyone that's it's vodka. Let them find out for themselves.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

That seems like an excellent way to flatten your beer.

Yeah it is basically the opposite of a keg. You flatten it while pouring it the carboy. Then you flatten the beer while turning it over. Then when you pour some beer, the air bubbles will flatten the rest of the beer. Then you gently caress up the water cooler by putting sugars through the system. Water coolers run anywhere in the range of $60-300+.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Best part is that there is a button for pouring a nice glass of piping hot beer for anybody you can trick into drinking it.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

Best part is that there is a button for pouring a nice glass of piping hot beer for anybody you can trick into drinking it.

If I drank anywhere near that much beer I would be pouring out piping hot beer every 10 minutes or so and you wouldn't even need to press a button.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
It won't just be flat, it'll also taste like cat piss if it has been in a clear container for a while.

I know that there are many beers that come in clear bottles, but the taste of those proves my point.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

While a few of these are sound (I honestly can't tell the difference between carob and chocolate for example) a lot of these substitutions are the sort of thing medical dietitians will try to sell you on, and I'm convinced they have no idea what food actually tastes like. I've lost track of how many people have tried to tell me that sweet potatoes can substitute regular potatoes, despite neither the flavor or the texture being at all similar between the two.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Choco1980 posted:

While a few of these are sound (I honestly can't tell the difference between carob and chocolate for example) a lot of these substitutions are the sort of thing medical dietitians will try to sell you on, and I'm convinced they have no idea what food actually tastes like. I've lost track of how many people have tried to tell me that sweet potatoes can substitute regular potatoes, despite neither the flavor or the texture being at all similar between the two.

Also, spaghetti squash is awesome. :colbert:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

A lamborghini is also a poor substitute for a '91 pontiac sunfire if you consider 'is exactly the same' as the only criterion.

It is time for you to step up to sweet potatoes.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't know, most of those things sound pretty good. Not exactly the same but still delicious.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

I don't know, most of those things sound pretty good. Not exactly the same but still delicious.

Yeah, that's the thing. I hate it when people act like these things are straight up replacements but they're still quite good on their own right.

At least they didn't use any of the "substituting cauliflower for real food" hacks :barf:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Choco1980 posted:

Roasting sweet potatoes in the oven w oil = prohack

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

bamhand posted:

Hmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Roasting any vegetable with oil is a prohack.

Except celery. That didn't turn out very good.