Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Marketing for drugs is funny though becuase lawyers pretty much write all the copy and when you try to change it you find out a month later that you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
ugh never do a pharma ad

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

News programs on broadcast TV age demos are like 35-65 and $50,000+ household income and man those people get marketed drugs hard.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
boomers are going to be dragged into oblivion by the grim reaper kicking and screaming the whole way

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

PuTTY riot posted:

before nipplegate my dad would mute the tv and turn on the radio when he watched the cowboys games

same, he still does it actually. radio broadcasters are way better.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

vaguely related to pharmaceutical ads...i saw an ad for kids band-aids (cartoon characters and whatever printed on them) and the commercial ended with "makes a great stocking stuffer"

loving lmao, what the hell. what kid would want loving BAND AIDS for christmas, thats gotta be the worst loving gift. "merry christmas, here's something you'll only use if you get hurt!"

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
TV advertisers over here seem to buy up the best slots for ads for "embarassing" products. like every single ad break during the most popular quiz show starts off with "ADULT FEMALE URINE LOSS????"

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
still dont want to know what transvaginal mesh is thanks

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SO DEMANDING posted:

vaguely related to pharmaceutical ads...i saw an ad for kids band-aids (cartoon characters and whatever printed on them) and the commercial ended with "makes a great stocking stuffer"

loving lmao, what the hell. what kid would want loving BAND AIDS for christmas, thats gotta be the worst loving gift. "merry christmas, here's something you'll only use if you get hurt!"

my sister went through a band-aid phase when she was 5 or so, basically she would use a bandaid for itches, and poo poo like that. boxes of band aids, as fashion statements, preventative treatment, and who knows what else. so when she was that age I bet she would have loved band aids in her stocking.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

like all cable tv packages we get a shitload of weird-rear end channels no one ever watches, including this http://www.rfdtv.com/, "rural americas most important network"

sometimes i put that on and just watch in horror, and the commercials are the best part. honest to god saw a commercial for a cattle castrating device

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

pagancow posted:

I dont know anything

:agreed:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SO DEMANDING posted:

the big companies arent researching new antibiotics because it isnt profitable

even though increasing antibiotics resistance is, you know, kind of a thing

bring on the airborne mrsa-ebola-turbo-flu!!

the government even requires the pharma corps to manufacture a minimum amount of the various antibiotics because otherwise they wouldn't even produce the ones we know about due to lack of profitability

Fabricated posted:

boomers are going to be dragged into oblivion by the grim reaper kicking and screaming the whole way

lol if you've never called one of your parents old and watched how mad they get

PuTTY riot posted:

prolapsed vagina

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

pagancow is cremnob tier creepy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PuTTY riot posted:

gonna be brutally honest here: I kinda do

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Forums Terrorist posted:

pagancow is cremnob tier creepy

let's not get carried away

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

yeah, maybe a little harsh

he's still skeeving me out though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Forums Terrorist posted:

yeah, maybe a little harsh

he's still skeeving me out though

look, the guy works in an industry built on lying to people that lies to itself and its customers about how effectively it can lie and the standard behavior is to rationalize all of that and come out with the belief that you're providing a worthwhile service.

of course he's going to come off a little cultish.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

gonna be brutally honest here: I kinda do
rotor you are needed in the tech bubble thread there is discussion of california water policy and i know you have opinions on the matter

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
What's the best TV for me to buy on black friday or cyber monday or whenever

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

wyoak posted:

they make all of those tvs just for black friday and theyre worth about as much as what they sell them for, if not less

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

wyoak posted:

the absolute cheapest one that still makes a 50% markup for the store since it's super crap garbage poo poo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sniep posted:

the absolute cheapest one that still makes a 50% markup for the store since it's super crap garbage poo poo
hey now be fair

they can display things other than your posts

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

wyoak posted:

50" panasonic led 1080p for $199 earth dollars
http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?category=doorbusters

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Perplx posted:

it's cool that "doorbusters" is black friday parlance now

this cheap TV is so good you'll risk being trampled to death by other consumers for it

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SO DEMANDING posted:

like all cable tv packages we get a shitload of weird-rear end channels no one ever watches, including this http://www.rfdtv.com/, "rural americas most important network"

sometimes i put that on and just watch in horror, and the commercials are the best part. honest to god saw a commercial for a cattle castrating device

a picture of a girl and a horse and a caption "amateur western pleasure" nooooope

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Perplx posted:

60 hz lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

more than 60 hz double lol

all motion interpolation is poo poo

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i wish i had the foresight to hoard pioneer kuros back in the day, those things are worth more now than they ever were

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

qirex posted:

more than 60 hz double lol

all motion interpolation is poo poo

i thought u wanted 120hz cause 24fps and 30fps both divide into it evenly but everything above that is poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PuTTY riot posted:

i thought u wanted 120hz cause 24fps and 30fps both divide into it evenly but everything above that is poo poo

my 2008 tv has 48hz mode for blu-rays

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i want a big ol cheap dlp :(

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

PuTTY riot posted:

240hz mode allows for 48fps content but that's so rare that no one cares

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my tv does 600hz. it's a panasonic plasma :smug:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:rip:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

qirex posted:

my 2008 tv has 48hz mode for blu-rays

thats cool

when i got my tv in like 09 or oh ten i had to turn off that soap opera thing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fun fact: 1080pchart.png was created by panasonic fanboys on avsforum in order to excuse the fact that they were still selling 1024 x 768 displayes in like 2009

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

pharmaceuticals is one of those things you should never look into because it's a never ending spiral of horror that will legit make you more depressed and upset the more you look at the development, marketing, and distribution of drugs

"Want to quit smoking!? Try Chantix!*"

*Chantix was originally developed as an mild anti-depressant for PTSD treatment, but unfortunately it caused a non-insignificant number of its patients to kill themselves. It was also discovered it helped some people quit smoking. So it was rebranded as a quit-smoking drug

you'll be right. that's what I tell people when they ask about side effects

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

wyoak posted:

just buy whatever 45-55 inch sarnsung or vizio is on a big coupon at costco because it's the same tv they regularly sell but like $150-250 cheaper and you get a good warranty if you have a bad panel

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
also lol^2 if you don't mute the tv and knit or do something else productive when ads are on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

pharmaceuticals is one of those things you should never look into because it's a never ending spiral of horror that will legit make you more depressed and upset the more you look at the development, marketing, and distribution of drugs

"Want to quit smoking!? Try Chantix!*"

*Chantix was originally developed as an mild anti-depressant for PTSD treatment, but unfortunately it caused a non-insignificant number of its patients to kill themselves. It was also discovered it helped some people quit smoking. So it was rebranded as a quit-smoking drug

awesome

• Locked thread