Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

Seat Safety Switch posted:

SS20s are expensive here for some reason I'll never understand. So are Commodore 64s, inexplicably.

I've swapped a full 040 into an LC475 before, it made a beast out of that relatively slow machine. I don't think I have any 040s left unless I want to cannibalize that LC475 again.

I needed to remind myself that the last time I used an SS20 in a real environment was nearly 20 years ago. :negative:

No. You want a QuadDoubler 040 at 50Mhz, which is an in-place replacement not an 040LC replaced with an 040. I did the same LC040->040 in an LC475 before- and when I got sick of playing Full Throttle, used it as an MRTG/NOCOL box. It wasn't faster for anything else. I put a QD 040 in the Slab (because it was the rare revision that fit, even with the daughterboard that fit without hardware modifications).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
The YOSPOS A/UX box I made out of the local TV station's old titling box Quadra 650 has one of those QuadDoublers and 128MB(+8MB onboard), but I haven't booted it up in like 2 years.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

DJ Commie posted:

The YOSPOS A/UX box I made out of the local TV station's old titling box Quadra 650 has one of those QuadDoublers and 128MB(+8MB onboard), but I haven't booted it up in like 2 years.

You better have a SCSI->LocalTalk on that fucker. :colbert:

E: poo poo. We're all nerds. Huge. loving. Nerds.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Viggen posted:

You better have a SCSI->LocalTalk on that fucker. :colbert:

E: poo poo. We're all nerds. Huge. loving. Nerds.

I used a Performa 6116CD (with MaxPowr G3 240) through serial as the terminal, but the Quadra had onboard Ethernet (AAUI!) and a backup Asante card. I would love to use the Apple ][ but I don't have a terminal disk for it :(

edit: I haven't touched this stuff in years but I do have a mint LC with monitor I got a few weeks ago, I have MacWrite and everything. I already put a Quadra 605 board in it!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Oh yeah poo poo, I remember the QuadDoubler. I doubt A/UX supports a SCSI to LocalTalk adaptor because A/UX doesn't support dick poo poo.

I also need to pony up the money so poor DJ Commie can send me all the stuff he saved from his job as a computer junkyard operator.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Well, signed the papers and in 30 days, I won't legally be married anymore.

I managed to make it back to the car before I broke down and started sobbing. It's what needed to happen, but gently caress I'm still sad about it. I need a fuckin drink.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

DJ Commie posted:

I used a Performa 6116CD (with MaxPowr G3 240) through serial as the terminal, but the Quadra had onboard Ethernet (AAUI!) and a backup Asante card. I would love to use the Apple ][ but I don't have a terminal disk for it :(

Green, or Amber? Choose wisely? ADT Pro works on a //c. Not sure what you have.

DJ Commie posted:

edit: I haven't touched this stuff in years but I do have a mint LC with monitor I got a few weeks ago, I have MacWrite and everything. I already put a Quadra 605 board in it!

I went Mac just to learn it in the System X days. NeXT, because it was awesome in the 040 days. Amiga? Well, shuttup your face. I had a PowerUP G3/233 w/ an 060/60, modded libraries and VGA/SCSI card. I wasn't the worlds' biggest Amiga fan, but the hacky hardware was awesome. Where else would you get a SCSI controller/Video output/RAM/Ethernet/Clock card? :v:

bandman posted:

I managed to make it back to the car before I broke down and started sobbing. It's what needed to happen, but gently caress I'm still sad about it. I need a fuckin drink.

No. You need a fuckin' Miata.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

bandman posted:

Well, signed the papers and in 30 days, I won't legally be married anymore.

Condolences, man. Have that drink, then have another. 2014 is shaping up to be a poo poo year for AI but try to see this as a new beginning, rather than a sorrowful end.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That Louie C.K bit about getting divorced rings quite true

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

rscott posted:

That Louie C.K bit about getting divorced rings quite true

This. bandman if you haven't seen it you should totally binge-watch Louie.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Adiabatic posted:

This. bandman if you haven't seen it you should totally binge-watch Louie.

..because being depressed, old, balding, and innately less funny with each viewing is inspirational?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just took the initiative to ride the wave of righteous indignation and rip this loving bandaid off and called her mom and told her everything that happened and to get a moving truck. I am not changing my mind so get this poo poo moved.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I just took the initiative to ride the wave of righteous indignation and rip this loving bandaid off and called her mom and told her everything that happened and to get a moving truck. I am not changing my mind so get this poo poo moved.

Go man, go.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Just hide anything you own that is worth over $20 before they arrive..

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Aww man 13 Inch, thats so sad and lovely for you :( Sorry dude. I just went through the same thing with my ex this last year, the girl I was with when I was out your way earlier this year. Some of the things that went wrong with us are scarily similar to your situation. Ill get in touch with you next time I have a chance, maybe later today, so you can vent to me if you want.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Ok 13- I'm about caught up on this total poo poo situation and that is honestly the right move for everyone involved, and most importantly, your sanity. Be strong man, it's going to suck a whole bunch but everything fades with time, or a biturbo project…

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Voltage posted:

I've realized I actually have no local friends anymore :sigh: I moved to NYC with the girlfriend( well, new rochelle but we both work in the city so whatever same poo poo) and a few of my old friends from highschool live here, but they all flaked out several times we were supposed to hang out. It's not like I'd really have time to hang out anyways, but it just kind of sucks :\. Also blows not having any work space for my car/bike, but I guess thats why I sold all my beaters and got new(er) poo poo.

The city owns pretty hard otherwise though.

Next time we have an NEAI meet you should come up and hang out, were all friendly and not toooo goony, haha.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
New information. Sunday she told her mom she feels guilty tha i love hr so much and I never give up on her and she said she felt the only way to spare me was pushinge away. Monday rebooked back into treatment. Tuesday was told that in theprogram she neeeded to place herself before family and loved ones. Wednesday was her interpretation of her plan to spare me. Last saturday her rehab friend almost succeeded at suicide and she was there when it happend. And im remembering she started a new antidepressant like last week maybe.

The overkill was planned ahead to make sure that i had no choice but to leave. Her only remaining link to reach to in her life is her mom who she hates. Im legit worried with all that together in the last week right after an attempt.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Sorry 13" - that sucks but it will get better eventually even if it takes a while!

Since this thread has taken a turn for the E/N over the last 24 hours I would like to say that I have also had a proper poo poo 2013/2014.

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 15, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

The overkill was planned ahead to make sure that i had no choice but to leave. Her only remaining link to reach to in her life is her mom who she hates. Im legit worried with all that together in the last week right after an attempt.

Plan a garage sale over the weekend. Either way, you end up with cash.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Welp, got paid today, went to the bank to deposit it through the ATM (as I have been doing for 3 years now). Check goes in, it processes for an unusually long period of time before kicking me to my balance screen without giving me a receipt. Balance shows nothing has been deposited. Okaaaayyy...go inside, speak to the teller. They say that their system shows the deposit going into my account and then was immediately withdrawn and apparently flung into the loving ether and their system has no routing number for the check either. Long story short I'm not getting my money until monday at the earliest, possibly later depending on how long their "investigation" takes place. :sigh: I have like $20 in my account and a quarter tank of gas, plus bills that are past due. This is basically the last thing I needed this weekend. gently caress computers man, I'm gonna go smash some looms or something.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I have recently purchased 1 2 vehicles to haul parts cars and/or fixers home.

Halp.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
so far I think everyone in Northern California drives either a Mini, a New Beetle, a Prius, or a Fiat 500. Nice place though.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Terrible Robot posted:

Welp, got paid today, went to the bank to deposit it through the ATM (as I have been doing for 3 years now).

Direct deposit, accept no substitutes.

Edit: And direct debit on all my bills, I haven't paid a bill manually for several (six?) months.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 15, 2014

piss boner
May 17, 2003

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Hells yeah.

:sherman:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Have to stay awake for two hours to start getting hooked up for my sleep study. I may not make it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

cursedshitbox posted:

people don't want to look up anymore, they just want to look down at their feet.

Look at how the education system essentially demonizes critical thinking, math, and sciences.

People'd love to look up. If we hadn't essentially choked NASA to death for the last 20 years they might even have something to look at.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Ozmiander posted:

Have to stay awake for two hours to start getting hooked up for my sleep study. I may not make it.

Hopefully you don't talk in your sleep. I bet they fund the experiments with blackmail.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cursedshitbox posted:

people don't want to look up anymore, they just want to look down at their feet.

Look at how the education system essentially demonizes critical thinking, math, and sciences.

Well, they also pretty well demonize liberal & performing arts.

Basically anything below college-level is solely designed to generate a population of competent factory workers. They don't give a gently caress if you actually learn anything that could be useful in higher education.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Hopefully you don't talk in your sleep. I bet they fund the experiments with blackmail.

I already planned on leaving my cock out all night so the camera can see.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Kids are in bed, Tallboys in hand. Gonna start the healing process by drinking and watching Super Troopers.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

bandman posted:

Kids are in bed, Tallboys in hand. Gonna start the healing process by drinking and watching Super Troopers.

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-EE-CO? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fucknag posted:

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-EE-CO? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I read it as starship troopers, and was super confused.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You know, after reading the stuff most of AI is going through, this is just reinforcing my decision to just never post my E/N poo poo here. All of my problems are petty, lame, and 90% self caused comparatively :shobon:

Also, Super Troopers is seriously one of the best movies made.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geirskogul posted:

I read it as starship troopers, and was super confused.

What you're describing is potentially the greatest mashup mankind could possibly conceive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am so loving confused. Those of you that I'm friends with on Facebook know what I look like. I'm not cute, handsome or really all that attractive. I'm not really charismatic or anything but I somehow managed to snag an amazingly beautiful and intelligent girlfriend. She's probably brain damaged though.

Anyways, I can not figure out why all of a sudden a half dozen younger girls want to hop on my dick. In the last three weeks I've been asked out six times. I have no idea what is going on.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Stay away. Sounds like drama unfolding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Stay away. Sounds like drama unfolding.

Yeah, Drama Club for how young some of these girls are.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's because you're taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

It's because you're taken.

Yeah but teenagers? Are old guys in vogue these days?

• Locked thread