Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Morter posted:

And somewhere around $62 for the gold version on Nuuvem :ssh:
God I love popping my head in here, thanks for the tip.

My only issue is I really like Steam for the convenience, I'll inevitably wind up buying a second copy on steam because I share that account around my flat and have very poor impuse control when it hits tenbux - which leaves the option of gifting.

... Any goons want to make :10bux: ?

Fake edit: I know I'm still paying $100 USD but I really hate the whole price gouging thing on digital distribution and am willing to give internet strangers money just to spite them.

EDIT EDIT: still not 100% if I want to get this or not given Ubi's recent track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

God drat I can't wait to shoot some endangered species in this.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Widestancer posted:

God drat I can't wait to shoot some endangered species in this.

Same, WS.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What the hell is the animation going to look like for skinning/gutting an elephant?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

What the hell is the animation going to look like for skinning/gutting an elephant?

I hope you crawl in it or something that'd be rad.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Shima Honnou posted:

e;fb plus ^^^^ will be able to confirm if it works when it releases!

Don't scare me like this. I know I shouldn't be giving Ubi any pre-order money but I really loved (the gameplay of) Far Cry 3 so much, that even hearing "More FC3"/"FC3.5" is happily letting me throw an annual installment of more things to shoot at.

:negative:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm guessing you'll plunge your knife down, move it sideways then pull a clump of organic matter out of your rear end and stuff it into a bag, probably while making a disapproving noise.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
You do make EWW ICK noises when skinning animals again, yes. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

SO your character is once again "woohoo murder!" - > "what have I become!?!" -> "gonna kill'em all!" -> "ew dead animals"?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

SO your character is once again "woohoo murder!" - > "what have I become!?!" -> "gonna kill'em all!" -> "ew dead animals"?

Also he trips balls eventually, and may or may not wake up from it killing or loving someone.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

I wish the main character, upon slaying a particularly large and dangerous specimen did a quick ritual dance while painting himself in the blood of his fallen prey before climaxing loudly and proudly while skinning the animal, preferably in guttural Urdu, thus confirming his status and sexual prowess.

That would be some ace immersion.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

You cut from its shoulder to its chin/ear area. I'm not sure you actually get skins from elephants, but you do get 2 bait.

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 15, 2014

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i wish they let you skin humans as well, its hosed up that you can only do it to animals :/

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Organs posted:

i wish they let you skin humans as well, its hosed up that you can only do it to animals :/

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

You cut from it's shoulder to its chin/ear area. I'm not sure you actually get skins from elephants, but you do get 2 bait.

Pretty sure elephant hide is a thing. Not 100% but I think I saw it in a video.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Widestancer posted:

I wish the main character, upon slaying a particularly large and dangerous specimen did a quick ritual dance while painting himself in the blood of his fallen prey before climaxing loudly and proudly while skinning the animal, preferably in guttural Urdu, thus confirming his status and sexual prowess.

That would be some ace immersion.
I wish that when you skinned an animal it played a pleasant musical sting and then your character lifted it over his head and shouted "alright!"

Edit: I would also accept "Yeah!" "Let's go!" and "Nice work!"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Organs posted:

Some say that humans are animals, the most dangerous ones, in fact. So it should take, like, 2 human pelts to make something sweet.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish that when you skinned an animal it played a pleasant musical sting and then your character lifted it over his head and shouted "alright!"

Edit: I would also accept "Yeah!" "Let's go!" and "Nice work!"

Well yeah that works too I guess

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Shima Honnou posted:

Some say that humans are animals, the most dangerous ones, in fact. So it should take, like, 2 human pelts to make something sweet.

A lampshade.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Samurai Sanders posted:

From the videos I've seen he doesn't seem to be enthused about killing dudes and isn't about saving the locals with the power of deep dicking their priestess, but he's out of his element as much as Jason was.

Of course it all remains to be seen. However a nice change is killing animals cleanly (so far I've seen it done with the bow and knife) nets two skins plus a bait, and there are also a hell of a lot more women around. And they actually do stuff!

Also some gameplay footage I saw earlier nearly had you dying via bees :haw:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If FC3 was about Jason changing from trust fund college douche to killing machine, then maybe they shoulda made it so that he stops going all "gross" after a certain point.

edit: I mean there are people in this world whose jobs is skinning sheep testicles. They get paid to do just that for about 2 months a year, they don't get all grossed out every time they do it and I'm sure most of them haven't purposefully injured or killed a person. Somehow Jason manages to have thinner skin than these people.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 15, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Great Joe posted:

If FC3 was about Jason changing from trust fund college douche to killing machine, then maybe they shoulda made it so that he stops going all "gross" after a certain point.

edit: I mean there are people in this world whose jobs is skinning sheep testicles. They get paid to do just that for about 2 months a year, they don't get all grossed out every time they do it and I'm sure most of them haven't purposefully injured or killed a person. Somehow Jason manages to have thinner skin than these people.

Completely separate game protagonist and kickass cowboy outlaw :clint: John Marston :clint: never tired of telling animal corpses how much they stank, from armadillos to bears. It's part of being one with nature...and flaying its skin from its bones.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Great Joe posted:

*Guns and stabs down 12 pirates and then I skin a komodo that tried to eat me* My god............. What have I become. *Burns another patrol of pirates alive with a molotov from my new komodo skin grenade pouch*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hotline miami did that sort of arc right because it was all resolved by the end of the tutorial.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Great Joe posted:

I do appreciate that it's hard to write a player character who changes over the course of the game, yet still has to say a bunch of lines that are related to things the player can do in any order. Still...come on, just having a "early game" and "late game" voice set for stuff like skinning animals would have meant almost everything.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Hotline miami did that sort of arc right because it was all resolved by the end of the tutorial.

Yeah it did it right when it let you play as Biker :q:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Great Joe posted:

With their teeth even, and they don't complain at all.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

From the videos I've seen he doesn't seem to be enthused about killing dudes and isn't about saving the locals with the power of deep dicking their priestess, but he's out of his element as much as Jason was.

Of course it all remains to be seen. However a nice change is killing animals cleanly (so far I've seen it done with the bow and knife) nets two skins plus a bait, and there are also a hell of a lot more women around. And they actually do stuff!

Also some gameplay footage I saw earlier nearly had you dying via bees :haw:

How are beads supposed to hurt someone?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Professor Shark posted:

How are beads supposed to hurt someone?

No, bees.

Comedy anal beads weapon option.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bees? What the gently caress are you supposed to do about Bees?? Oh yeah, flamethrower. :getin:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Or shoot their nest with an arrow and let them kill enemies. Combine with throwing bait around :q:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still gonna jump around frantically trying to shoot them with a gun like an idiot. This game is gonna do wonders for my apiphobia.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how high up the nests can be. I like that they seem to be trying to include threats that come in from above to dick with the player more, but god it sounds terrifying. That moment you hear an eagle scream.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

I wonder how high up the nests can be. I like that they seem to be trying to include threats that come in from above to dick with the player more, but god it sounds terrifying. That moment you hear an eagle scream.

The one video I saw had a guy get knocked off a cliff up in the mountains by a random eagle attack. It was hilarious.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
You should be able to skin, say, 10 enemies, and make a skin out of them that you can wear that enables you to get closer to opponents before they realize who you are.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You should be able to skin, say, 10 enemies, and make a skin out of them that you can wear that enables you to get closer to opponents before they realize who you are.
Or wear an elephant skin and they are like "hey, what's that scrawny-looking elephant doing here?"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Truth be told, if I could just cobble together some sort of Man-Beast suit, I'd be happy. Head of an elephant, body of a tiger, a black person's hands, a white person's feet, bird wings, and a belt made of monkey heads.

I *think* I saw somewhere that suggested this feature would be included in the game, sooooooo *fingers crossed*

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Far Cry 3 is $10 on Steam this weekend.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So FC4 has mostly been sunshine and roses, in it's pre-release buzz. (Night and day difference from Unity.)

But it's been reported that The custom maps you can make can't be used for Competitive Multi.

""I direct the game but I don't set budgets or timelines. We always squeeze in as much as we can, but we're always prioritizing. We're going to keep supporting the game, so hopefully we can get it done post release. No promises, but we will try.""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Well that's 1 out of 3 games that didn't crash and burn completely on launch, well done Ubisoft. Now let's see if you can make it 2 out of 4 with The Division.
After Unity and Watch_Dogs' abysmal reception, something tells me Division will be delayed. Bad publicity stung EA enough to delay Hardline into next year after all.

• Locked thread