Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Except that The Lost's items are really, really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Kooriken posted:

Bloat is just an rear end in a top hat no matter what. Not your fault you got hit by one of the 500 bullshit ways he could kill you.

I actually love that boss, the damage was my bad. I shouldn't have hung out where I did. That's why Lost is my favorite character in this. One false move, and you're dead!!! Unless you have some helpful items. My only problem with Lost is that it can take a while to get the ball rolling cause I don't like to continue with one unless I get a real solid first item. If I could change one thing about it I would greatly narrow the drop pool of only the very first item room. But after that all bets are off.

With Bloat you always stay behind him or just not straight in front of him or right across from him. And be patient. If it hadn't been the champion version I would have beat him and more than likely the mode.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the unlocks from the lost are only required for true platinum god. normal platinum god is everything but, so honestly people can probably just go for platinum if they want to and leave it at that if they really don't care to do lost-related junk.

yeah but one of his unlocks "The Mind" is super cool and I'd want to have that in my runs. The rest of his unlocks are ok but The Mind is worth having in your pool. Truth be told I'm not big on gating unlocks behind that character, I'm not really sold on a forced no-hit run in a game where certain bosses, enemies and room layouts are just "Hey, here's some free damage!"

i abused the dead cat bug while it was still a thing and I don't regret poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the unlocks are really good, which kinda lines up with the lost runs being fairly hard. it's simple enough to get platinum god without them, especially since after a point all it comes down to is hedging the rng in your favor to pick up drops you haven't gotten yet.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dark Bum Buddy in the item room on floor 1?

I know Cain's supposed to be lucky, but drat...

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

flyboi posted:

Didn't work for me and no way to bind in controls

That's what you should be looking for. You hold down whatever is bound to Drop to drop trinkets/pills/etc but if you are holding multiple pills/cards/runes then pressing whatever is bound to drop instead of holding it swaps the active one. If that isn't working I don't know why but I've been playing on the Vita and have had no problem doing that.

Unrelated, I came to the thread to post this:

I think the conditions of the pacifism special seed are a little broken.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Dark Bum Buddy in the item room on floor 1?

I know Cain's supposed to be lucky, but drat...

My last run I ended up with a Mask of Infamy, Dark Bum, The Wafer, and Book of Shadows by the end of the third floor. I don't think I could have died even if I tried.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Good lord I almost beat Isaac with Azazel on Hard. Getting XL levels early on is a goddamn gift as you can get double special item rooms and boss drops. If it weren't for Isaac's bullet hell bullshit I would have torn through that thing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Vakal posted:

My last run I ended up with a Mask of Infamy, Dark Bum, The Wafer, and Book of Shadows by the end of the third floor. I don't think I could have died even if I tried.

Well, I can certainly lose this one! Dark Bum on floor one won't necessarily protect against IPECAC on floor two. :v:

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I unlocked the Cellar today. I am among the... what, 2.5%?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hey, the book of sin's alright.

Yeah it is, but I wasnt kidding with that post. Of the half the time my runs make it to the Devil Room the first time that is all that is in there. loving Lost is driving me insane.

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I really wish I loving hadn't now, so those people are the smart ones.

Pi Soup
Oct 12, 2008
Has anyone else had a bug where Isaac randomly drops bombs? It makes it rather difficult to play since bombs don't make any sound when they get dropped, leading to my death on multiple occasions.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pi Soup posted:

Has anyone else had a bug where Isaac randomly drops bombs? It makes it rather difficult to play since bombs don't make any sound when they get dropped, leading to my death on multiple occasions.

Are you playing on a console and skipping the boss/between floor cutscenes?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I keep seeing people claim you get double items for XL floors... did they change it and I didn't notice? Don't XL floors just take up two floors of the game, meaning you get exactly as many items?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I don't get why people dislike the Cellar. Anything prior to the Womb isn't that hard/annoying.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Read posted:

I keep seeing people claim you get double items for XL floors... did they change it and I didn't notice? Don't XL floors just take up two floors of the game, meaning you get exactly as many items?

Double Item Rooms, Double Boss Rooms. Same as old isaac.

Pi Soup
Oct 12, 2008

Kaethela posted:

Are you playing on a console and skipping the boss/between floor cutscenes?

Nope, PC. I do skip the cutscenes, though the random bombs happen all over the place not just at the level entry point.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I really hate the Cellar, it's so bad.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Pi Soup posted:

I fixed it by unplugging my controller and using keyboard only.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Just found Abaddon in a devil room for the first time and holy poo poo is it a fantastic item for Azazel.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hey, the book of sin's alright.

Not for a devil room item. I usually pick it up if I find it out in the wild, but I'd rather have the Book of Revelations of the Satanic Bible if I had the option.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Read posted:

XL Cellar or Basement means you get two free item rooms, since you don't need a key for either of them.

Pi Soup posted:

Nope, PC. I do skip the cutscenes, though the random bombs happen all over the place not just at the level entry point.

No idea then, hasn't happened to me yet. Only thing I can think of is maybe you're accidentally hitting the bomb key? :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wish the game had an item gallery you could view upon death and read descriptions of the things you picked up in your run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
gently caress, made it all the way to the Dark Room with ??? only to end up burning through my entire huge soul heart supply because I took all the wrong paths in Sheol and the Dark Room. :negative:

Ended up dieing to a dual Adversary room. I have no idea how his brimstone works because I've fought him a grand total of once.

Genocyber posted:

I don't get why people dislike the Cellar. Anything prior to the Womb isn't that hard/annoying.

There are tons of annoying rooms because you have to deal with them with poo poo damage.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Spiders suck.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

NickPancakes posted:

Double Item Rooms, Double Boss Rooms. Same as old isaac.

Right, except you don't actually get more items. You get the exact same number, just in one floor instead of two.

There are something like 8 floors total in a full game, an XL floor means there are 7.

Kaethela posted:

XL Cellar or Basement means you get two free item rooms, since you don't need a key for either of them.

One person I saw meant this clearly, but I don't think the others did.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Okay...I'm torn. I've got IPECAC already in the Womb...should I replace it with/take Brimstone?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Okay...I'm torn. I've got IPECAC already in the Womb...should I replace it with/take Brimstone?

I vastly prefer brimstone, personally.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I vastly prefer brimstone, personally.

Yeah, I decided to take it, if only for better control/range/not blowing myself up. Especially since it was a boss reward and not a Devil Deal.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I just found out the hard way that "upload" means "overwrite my PS4 save and all of its progress with my Vita save". :smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TheModernAmerican posted:

Can Lost get soul/evil hearts or what? Because if it can, then I really doubt he's that hard, no-hitting the first 2-4 floors should be expected after a while.

If he could then do you think people would be calling Lost clears hard

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I know people hate Pin, and loathe the Haunt, and Scolex is annoying, but gently caress me if the Bloat isnt my kryptonite as a boss.

I just made it to boss rush as the Lost and his sideways laser popped a second after he spawned and before I could get above him. gently caress.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

a bloody icon posted:

Spiders suck.

I feel like they have less health now than they did in the original, more on par with red flies. I'm not having nearly as much trouble with them now as I used to.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Rocketlex posted:

I feel like they have less health now than they did in the original, more on par with red flies. I'm not having nearly as much trouble with them now as I used to.

Those fat spiders who split into two spiders have way too much health for when they appear. I reset if I get a floor one 2x2 room with them in it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Burnt penny now spawns troll bombs, so that takes it down a few notches from wrath of the lamb. I used to consider it a top-tier trinket; now I'm now eager to replace it after collecting a few bombs rather than deal with the tedium of tip-toeing around money until I've removed the potential risks. It's only a matter of time before burnt penny blows up a judgement or a blood bank at some point.

I wish that item payouts wouldn't do that, it's pretty much a maxim that picking up the box will spawn a super troll bomb so make sure you don't run into the tick or anything. And the match book will spawn 2 troll bombs.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

a bloody icon posted:

Spiders suck.

drat straight. hate spiders? here's some exploding spiders. how about spiders that spawn more spiders while they dance all around your shots. jesus christ i'm just so drat sick of the loving spiders in that place.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

I know people hate Pin, and loathe the Haunt, and Scolex is annoying, but gently caress me if the Bloat isnt my kryptonite as a boss.

I just made it to boss rush as the Lost and his sideways laser popped a second after he spawned and before I could get above him. gently caress.

The bosses that worry me are the Dark one and the Adversary. Whenever I get a double trouble of either I die a little inside.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

AHungryRobot posted:

drat straight. hate spiders? here's some exploding spiders. how about spiders that spawn more spiders while they dance all around your shots. jesus christ i'm just so drat sick of the loving spiders in that place.

But Sissy Longlegs is so cute. :3:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why do people hate Pin? He's so easy and doesn't take long to beat either.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Curse of the Unknown nearly screwed me by giving me Dead Cat in Utero I while attempting a Chest run. I made it all the way to the chest on my last life and picked up a Rosary which was enough for me to make it to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Why do people hate Pin? He's so easy and doesn't take long to beat either.

People are dumb and stand in the middle of the room so he jumps straight into them, I would guess.

Also gently caress the cellar. Spiders are bullshit fuckers. Especially the fuckers with 4 eyes where they decide to jump half a screen in 0.25 seconds and land on top of you.