Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Be sure to get the guy who is disgusted at the pop for Buff Bagwell on the Nitro/Raw simulcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Do you remember which show? I've been going through that period grabbing highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwuIxeZX94

Discussion happens within the first 10 minutes.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
How long will Figure Four Daily news and commentary! will last?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

less than a week

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

rovert posted:

How long will Figure Four Daily news and commentary! will last?

2 weeks. What is this the 4th time Bryan's tried a daily audio thing?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

wow they were gonna do shamrock vs vovchanchyn in 2001

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If this means the return of Monday call-in with VincentVerheiSelfProclaimedNumbaOneFan I am okay with it.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
New Pisscast!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

If this means the return of Monday call-in with VincentVerheiSelfProclaimedNumbaOneFan I am okay with it.

I have been dying for that to return so I can call in about Babinsack, but of course there haven't been fresh babinsacks for awhile...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I have been dying for that to return so I can call in about Babinsack, but of course there haven't been fresh babinsacks for awhile...

Must not be getting any more free DVDs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Must not be getting any more free DVDs

How would he know what to give a good review to if they don't give him free poo poo?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

New AEPodcast is up! Judgment Day 2000

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does WOL get wacky callers like Curtis or Alex anymore?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Does WOL get wacky callers like Curtis or Alex anymore?

Or Todd Martin

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well there's Jim from Virginia who calls in every week to talk about the women.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, SNCJ is back!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Russo schooling RD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cu5NPNwmNc

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i got that book and more fool me i guess but i was expecting something better than funny internet article caliber writing in an actual published book

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave goes to the CMLL nutshot well again tonight. :)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BlueArmyMan returns to the podcast for Rex Bluefore Armyman Episode 11: The Yappapi Strap Match One

It's the one with the Yappapi Strap Match.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

whenever jim from virginia calls i want to stop listening to observer live

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
and he calls in every single week

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

whenever jim from virginia calls i want to stop listening to observer live
im like 80% sure im related to that guy, and for that im sorry

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I don't listen to Observer Live, is Jim from Virginia the guy who calls in and asks creepy questions about female wrestlers every week

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's a shame DM Punk jokes are old hat because there's rarely been a better setup for one

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Daniel Bryan posted:

and he calls in every single week

Observer Live is always the same loving callers week after week. I just skip forwards 5 minutes when I hear Jim from Virginia.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's a shame DM Punk jokes are old hat because there's rarely been a better setup for one

lol

I don't listen to this but what are the creepy questions like?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Spermgod posted:

i got that book and more fool me i guess but i was expecting something better than funny internet article caliber writing in an actual published book

It’s 90% into Death of WCW before they mention Brian Pillman’s “Loose Cannon” gimmick, in a brief inset that begins: “Why, you might ask, would the company continually lie to its employees? Because in 1996…” This comes after Jamie Kellner cancels all WCW TV because the company had become obsessed with running worked shoots that tanked ratings and lost millions. Best place to finally explain what kicked off the whole mess, I guess??

It’s a very bad book, as both a history and entertainment. A reader would be better served by digging into the WCW thread here or one of those compilations of WON WCW quotes — they’re cheaper and working through Meltzerese is more fun than the dull recaps of Russo-era shows that dominate the last third of the book. Hell, I’d rather watch a Russo Nitro than reread that poo poo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Death of WCW :shrug:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I liked it, for the constant recursive psyduck of the behaviour of the management, but no one, least of all me, will argue against the fact that it's a terribly poorly written book, from the point of view of prose and coherence.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

I like Death of WCW :shrug:

in terms of historical analysis its pretty poor. You get RD Evans's version of things, which is what Russo is objecting to. The problem is that Russo's rebuttals are basically "that wasn't me bro" or "that's what we thought would work but my idea was better."

I'd like to see a critical history of WCW but I doubt we'll ever get one. Sorting out a collection of pathological liars and WWE's flat out denial of anything other than the "WCW was a poo poo company that failed upward" narrative would be a monumental task in itself.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Memento posted:

I liked it, for the constant recursive psyduck of the behaviour of the management, but no one, least of all me, will argue against the fact that it's a terribly poorly written book, from the point of view of prose and coherence.

My favorite part of the book is how they explain the push of Scott Steiner.

He was so angry and scary that management pushed him because they feared what he'd do if they didn't.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Scott Steiner was the best ever, rivaling Kevin Nash for the title of best ever. Except I think Nash said he liked to shove pencils up rookies' asses and also tie them up and pee on them so maybe Scott isn't the best.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

holy poo poo the vinny "whoa" song on tonight's bryan and vinny had me in hysterics

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

holy poo poo the vinny "whoa" song on tonight's bryan and vinny had me in hysterics

I cannot stop laughing at this at work.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is there anywhere that posts the best B&V songs? Because I don't have time to listen to the show really but I do miss the songs.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I cannot stop laughing at this at work.

I still think "BEEEEEEEE!" is the funnier of the two big song soundbites from Vinny.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

so this owns a whole bunch

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/hoots.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Where is Shits in Bathroom Sinks and Takes Pictures Hoot?

• Locked thread