Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

WhiteHowler posted:

Has anyone gotten the CheatEngine rarity hack to work with the Pre-Sequel?

I used the TPS-modified file someone posted a few dozen pages ago, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything in-game. Even when I set the preset to "Legendaries only" as a test, the drops seem to be about normal.

Works for me. You won't get legendaries from every single mob, but a good way to see if it's working is to open some lockers. Not chests, just regular old lockers. They should have legendaries in them 75% of the time or so if your CE is working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

s1ppycup posted:

Works for me. You won't get legendaries from every single mob, but a good way to see if it's working is to open some lockers. Not chests, just regular old lockers. They should have legendaries in them 75% of the time or so if your CE is working.

Even in BL2, trash mobs don't seem to drop legendaries. It's kinda weird but basically for gear you want to either farm bosses or chests.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

WhiteHowler posted:

Has anyone gotten the CheatEngine rarity hack to work with the Pre-Sequel?

I used the TPS-modified file someone posted a few dozen pages ago, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything in-game. Even when I set the preset to "Legendaries only" as a test, the drops seem to be about normal.

Are you using the one I posted?

If you haven't reached Concordia yet, drop rates are fixed until then. Modified rates will kick in once you reach concordia for the first time.

The file I posted still works as of tonight, I've been using it just now.

Tezzeract posted:

Even in BL2, trash mobs don't seem to drop legendaries. It's kinda weird but basically for gear you want to either farm bosses or chests.

Tell that to the Torks in TPS. Ive had two Bonus Packages from random Torks.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Chests tend to be crap for good loot as well, I've found. If I open a big-rear end chest after killing a boss I should not be getting all greens.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Using Jack's Cache to abuse Just Compensation feels so dirty, but is oh so right.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Which heals you more reliably, Teamwork or Take Their Freedom?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Skandranon posted:

Except he's the one that kills thousands of bad guys to rescue Helios, save Elpis, etc. 'Real' Jack only kills a handful of people in not very dangerous situations. Obviously, the mass slaughter has to have an effect on Doppleganger. If they had planned it ahead of time better, it would actually be a really good way to have Jack change from 'Hero Jack' to 'Handsome Jack'.

Well, you know. Student loans bro

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

AirRaid posted:

Tell that to the Torks in TPS. Ive had two Bonus Packages from random Torks.

They seem to drop exclusively from Tork BAs. Had 3 in total drop on two characters in the robot plant.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I like the bonus package. I picked one up on a new character at level 7. I'm now at level 18 still using that same grenade.

It's nice when you can use a legendary for a considerably long time. I wish they were all like that.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

I like the bonus package. I picked one up on a new character at level 7. I'm now at level 18 still using that same grenade.

It's nice when you can use a legendary for a considerably long time. I wish they were all like that.

You know what makes Bonus Package even better?

Jack's skill that makes the digi-Jacks throw copies of his grenade. :getin:

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I was having enough fun throwing out my entire supply of grenades in a short span (with aerial bomber Oz kit) and just sitting back and watching the explosions.

This however makes me want to get the season pass even more.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Are any of the characters notably shittier than the other classes (e.g. Zer0 in BL2)? Picked this up when it came out but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Probably not going to play every class so I want to make sure I don't pick a bad one to start with.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Bold Robot posted:

Are any of the characters notably shittier than the other classes (e.g. Zer0 in BL2)? Picked this up when it came out but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Probably not going to play every class so I want to make sure I don't pick a bad one to start with.

Well, you seem to think that Zer0 was bad, so I have no idea what you consider lovely.

Claptrap has been getting a lot of flack, but I think that's because he's Claptrap. Part of it is that he has skills that are more useful in co-op than solo, and his entire right tree is really hard to use to the point of uselessness.

Personally, I've found all of the characters to be solid and interesting.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Solumin posted:

Well, you seem to think that Zer0 was bad, so I have no idea what you consider lovely.

Claptrap has been getting a lot of flack, but I think that's because he's Claptrap. Part of it is that he has skills that are more useful in co-op than solo, and his entire right tree is really hard to use to the point of uselessness.

To be fair in UVHM Zer0 was pretty lovely.

They seen to have one a much better job of making all the classes fun this time. Clap Trap is more suited to multiplayer with his skills that buff the whole party, but he's also fun solo. Wilhelm is a murder machine backed up by two smaller murder machines, and Athena is unkillable. I haven't played much Nisha but now that I have a Level 50 Maggie that might have to change. Jack is great fun, and like I mentioned before is just ridiculous with a bonus package and his skill that makes his clones throw copies of his grenades. Basically every class is amazing this time around.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
For drop rates in CE, did you also adjust the player and boss weights? I set those to 10,000 and everything seems to drop a piece of gear.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Bold Robot posted:

Are any of the characters notably shittier than the other classes (e.g. Zer0 in BL2)?

Zero wasn't notably shittier by any reckoning, especially before UVHM became a thing. He was surprisingly average at sniping though, which is what I wanted to do with him.

If you liked what Zero should have been, then Nisha is the obvious choice, though you may either love or hate the action skill.

Some will say Wilhelm is mediocre, no-one will deny Claptrap is very random, but none of the characters are lovely.

Speaking as someone who plays solo, isn't terribly interested in 'end game grinding', and will happily play one class to 50, then cheat a bit with the others, and then wait for an expansion for more toys...play Nisha.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Bold Robot posted:

Wilhelm and Claptrap are the shittiest. They're not -bad-, but just not very good.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is there a place you can place a BL1 save file on a Mac to get the bullpup? I tried googling it but none of the results seemed related to the mac.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

...Claptrap... the shittiest. They're not -bad-, but just not very good.

You're doing it wrong, then. Go down the explosives tree, grab a Torgue AR/shotty, back it up with a Jacobs shotty and something cryo, then enter a fight, watch everything explode and not even know exactly how everything ended up dead.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Metrohunter posted:

Take the one point out of Incentives and put it in Inspire. :colbert:

I have a mod that gives me +5 to incentives. And inspire is a joke skill that does nothing.

Just like in real life I need to be incentivised, not inspired, to work harder.

Speedball posted:

Which heals you more reliably, Teamwork or Take Their Freedom?

Take Their freedom. Just based on how often you kill stuff and how rarely you're in fight for your life mode.

But I have a mod that adds +5 to Teamwork and none to Take their freedom ;D

http://thepresequel.com/Jack/50513100100510551010155101000000000000 basically a more distilled version. Throw in a black hole shield and you're set.

edit: I don't know if I like the winning skill. It seems like once you kill an enemy the shield restore bonus is once per kill streak. So you might have the kill skill on for the full duration killing multiple mobs, but you only get the shield restore on that first kill. plus optimism is right there. AND EXPLOSIONS!!!!!

My mod:

Celestial Doppelganger Mod
Crit dmg +%35
ele. eff. dmg +35%
+7 Best Foot forward
+6 Just Compensation
+5 Teamwork
+5 Collaborate
+5 Incentives
+5 Marginal Benefits
Firing your weapon increases accuracy
"You know who you remind me of? Me."

lets burn fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 17, 2014

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Solumin posted:

Zero was lovely because he had 1 capstone that was essentially useless and another that only worked with a specific build. He also had a larger amount of useless/situational skills (like the whole bottom half of his sniper tree). It made him a really stale character.

Genocyber posted:

Chests tend to be crap for good loot as well, I've found. If I open a big-rear end chest after killing a boss I should not be getting all greens.

Chests tend to give you the best loot with the CE trainer if you do like the above person did and don't edit the drop rates.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Zer0 also had the problem that he had a lot of capacity to get into trouble but not to get out if you're using Deception as intended, and his sniper tree was middling. It was a similar issue to the one Brick has in BL1, where Deception, like Berserk, is often more useful for running away than charging in... which isn't very fun. It wasn't until Krieg that they finally found the balance of a melee-heavy character that's actually fun and effective.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

mastersord posted:

For drop rates in CE, did you also adjust the player and boss weights? I set those to 10,000 and everything seems to drop a piece of gear.
I don't think those values exist in the .cetrainer file I have, or I'm too dumb to find them.

I really just want dudes I kill to have a chance to drop good weapons, something that doesn't seem to happen with the normal setting. It's not fun to play for an hour or two and get absolutely nothing that's better than what I already had.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

WhiteHowler posted:

I don't think those values exist in the .cetrainer file I have, or I'm too dumb to find them.

I really just want dudes I kill to have a chance to drop good weapons, something that doesn't seem to happen with the normal setting. It's not fun to play for an hour or two and get absolutely nothing that's better than what I already had.

Iwajiwa and the Final Boss are the ones you want to fight for the lootxplosion. If you're playing normally, always hit up red chests and moonstone chests (for guaranteed purples). TVHM also has better drop rates, so you can edit your character to do that mode exclusively.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
To be fair to Zer0 Kunai was an extremely good capstone

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
If you are looking for a sniper, the Baroness is probably your best bet. Not sure when she is supposed to come out, but her sniper tree is probably the best sniper tree in Borderlands so far.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Skandranon posted:

If you are looking for a sniper, the Baroness is probably your best bet. Not sure when she is supposed to come out, but her sniper tree is probably the best sniper tree in Borderlands so far.

I'll probably buy a season pass when she comes out. I really want to like sniping in Borderlands. I had a lot of fun with Zer0 in Normal Mode.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skandranon posted:

I'm a big fan of how Nisha's middle and right trees (maybe just the right one, not sure whether it's Riflewoman or FtH or both because I've been Wilhelm for a while) makes her insanely effective if you have a Jakobs sniper. Boosts fire rate, makes it more accurate from the hip, etc etc.

It's partly how I murdered the second half of the game - Vibrapulse, Boganella, and some non-elemental Jakobs sniper I think the fourth weapon was a fire laser or something.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
The Baroness's Cryo tree has me intrigued as well.
Two quick builds
http://thepresequel.com/Aurelia/55510100000050510101551510000000000000

http://thepresequel.com/Aurelia/55500100000050500140550510000000000000

Not sure if the last 4 points are better spent for increased cryo DPS or gaining a bunch of the 1 skill point abilities. I cherrypicked a lot of good skills from the sniping tree without being 100% focused on sniper rifles.

I only play solo so her right tree is absolutely useless to me which is a shame.

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 17, 2014

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
The one problem with the Baroness's middle tree is that there are TOO MANY good skills.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
IIRC the best/most fun Zer0 tree was the middle one. I play Xiphos Athena the same way. Melee, shoot, repeat.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
drat I hosed up and went into TVHM at level 27, so now I'm only at 32 and the story mission is 35. This wouldn't be a problem except there aren't any side quests at my level either, they are all 35 or 36. Everything one shots me. The only option I see is just keep grinding the open world until I get to at least level 34 but that will take a while, there aren't that many enemies even roaming around at my level.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Reload Normal and kill Iwajira a couple times.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

drat I hosed up and went into TVHM at level 27, so now I'm only at 32 and the story mission is 35. This wouldn't be a problem except there aren't any side quests at my level either, they are all 35 or 36. Everything one shots me. The only option I see is just keep grinding the open world until I get to at least level 34 but that will take a while, there aren't that many enemies even roaming around at my level.

The Darksiders just above the Triton Flats - Fast Travel always scale to your level. I was grinding them every once in a while until level 44.

For those that say Clap-Trap is terrible here's my build: http://thepresequel.com/Claptrap/515005000513500515050010000000000000 I've been able to solo all of the bosses on TVHM, with basically a Cryo Bullbup and a Tediore Pistol. Most people don't know this but the High Five Guys capstone works off of enemy melee attacks as well; so I usually just click in right thumb and charge an enemy get them to trigger it and just start exploding everything. I've got a Sapper Mod that gives +5 to One Last Thing and +4 to Killbot,

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Basebf555 posted:

Just go back to the first playthrough and kill Iwajira/the sentinel till you get a few more levels in.

Switching from a +2 to a +4 celestial lawbringer has made tvhm a lot more manageable for me at level 42.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Dyz posted:

Actually its you, the player, who decides whether this is the real Jack or not. And as we all know mgiving the player more power is good game design.

LOTS OF SPECULATION

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would like to amend that thing I said a few days ago because literally the first thing Jack says to the doppelganger in the intro is "hey, my body double arrived!" and then Moxxi basically instantly sees through him so it's pretty cut and dry which is which unfortunately. I'm disappointed.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

What cheaty loot table editor are you guys using?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's so in-character that Jack comes on more to his body double than his future girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

mycot posted:

It's so in-character that Jack comes on more to his body double than his future girlfriend.

My question is "Why didn't Jack just date his body double instead?". I mean, gently caress, going gay isn't that bad.

• Locked thread