Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rocketlex posted:

Does it re-lock all the store upgrades when it does?

I'm pretty sure I bombed money out of a donation machine to go under 150 for a few games and still got a Black Candle appearance - I think the reset would just take you back to an empty donation machine and no other effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheModernAmerican posted:

I wish there was a colorblind mode or something. Red poop looks almost identical to normal ones. And evil heart and red heart drops are almost as bad. I've turned up the gamma to compensate but it doesn't do enough.

Couldn't hurt to try sending Nicalis an e-mail or something. People seem to be a lot better about including that sort of thing these days, maybe they'll try adding it in.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Manos del Sino posted:

Sorry if this is a redundant topic, but I scanned the last couple pages and didn't see it mentioned:

I was in the Womb I last night when my screen flickered and the game seemed to slow down noticeably, playing very similar to old school BoI with its performance issues. It stayed that way through almost the entire level, then 2/3rds of the way through the boss fight, the screen glitched again and everything sped up - considerably more than normal speed. I couldn't adjust fast enough and died soon after.

So my question is - was that one of those random level handicaps, or is my system in need some TLC?

Were you streaming or recording?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Man, Guppy's Collar plus Nine Lives saved my live in Sheol, what a batshit insane run, Anti-Gravity was actually super useful here:

I gathered my Polyphemus spectral tears before the Fallen appeared to one shot him, repeat for the smaller ones.

Did the same against the first form, while dodging his first tears

Cheesed it for the second forms, the army of flies created by the dead cat killed him while I tried to avoid getting stomped.

I couldn't even use Krampus head anymore since I had cleared out all the rooms.

All of that after betting my last life in a devil room.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Oh god fell for the ??? nine lives failure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Why are you all hating on the cellar? It's not like it's a super difficult area that will wreck your poo poo. Unless I'm some kind of godlike Isaac player and the only one who can handle it. Which is something I greatly doubt.

It's not that it wrecks you, but getting Devil/Angel rooms is key to getting a run going that will take you all the way to the endgame. Losing red hearts on the floor or in the boss fights prevent that. The Cellar doesn't outright destroy you, but you're a lot more likely to lose red hearts on the floor or get your soul heart reserve drained by the floor and have none left to protect you from the boss.

Most of the runs where I get to Womb 2 and realize my build is too weak to do poo poo on the next floors, I haven't gotten many Devil/Angel deals.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i don't like the cellar just because of how insanely tedious and boring it is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can anyone explain what the hell happens in this video?
Technology appears to ruin a Monstro's Lung+Cricket's Body combination but then a Screw somehow seems to fix it or something?

Also, has Max's Head been completely replaced?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aww yes, Undefined on the Chest, time to break this game into itty bitty pieces. :kheldragar:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So I unlocked the negative, is this what I need to access harder zones?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

The Negative unlocks the Dark Room, which follows after Satan and Sheol. You need to finish the Cathedral five times to unlock the Polaroid, which unlocks the Chest. Once you beat either one of those areas you will have unlocked the final, completely optional boss.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Kurtofan posted:

After killing Satan if you're holding the negative you can touch the chest to proceed to the next level, there is another branch that is unlocked later on.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I would like to confirm for the thread that credit card + devil room = free devil deals:

I probably should have taken a before, but I didn't know if it would work.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spoonbender on the first floor. Three guppy items in the first devil room. Brimstone on the very next floor. Holy mantle the floor after.

I've never had a win literally thrown at me before but Jesus game some subtlety would be nice.

TheGame
Jul 4, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Oh man, I just had a run where Eden started (or at least quickly got) Card Mimic, a Judgement card and Piggy Bank. Nun's Habit on an early floor. Infinite money, infinite beggars, infinite life (once I got a sun card). Feels like vanilla Isaac all over again. I'd post the seed but I don't think Eden's stuff is seeded (?) and it wouldn't be much fun without the card mimic. I had almost every item in the game before I got bored and one-shot the boss.

Another super fun one, though, was J20N-X0DY. You get Ipecac and Chocolate Milk pretty early, and if you've never seen that combination... it's pretty funny. You can launch explosions rapid fire, or charge up for a massive explosion. Double shot drops later on, and the chest has Tiny Planet if you're an insane person.

TheGame fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 16, 2014

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
You know, Dark Bum actually makes Lil Chad not suck.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Wanna start this post off by saying Eve stinks on ice. To end on a positive note I picked up the 3 dollar bill and it gave me scythes before having them unlocked. That was cool.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Heran Bago posted:

Were you streaming or recording?

I was just watching Netflix in the other screen, but I do that all the time without having goofy issues.

Today's runs have been great, two heart kills in a row and my first Satan kill (the devil room/passage to Sheol didn't show up the on the second heart kill unfortunately.) No weird performance issues.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HGH posted:

Also, has Max's Head been completely replaced?

Yeah, it's called Cricket's Head now.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

For what it's worth my game periodically speeds way the gently caress up to like 2x or 3x speed and then goes back to normal an arbitrary time later, at most 60s.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The rooms full of the big ghosts that teleport can go gently caress themselves.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

Even on really powerful runs I loathe those rooms.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh my god this seed is completely absurd

M7DQ
P82G

You get Dr. Fetus, and a Forget-me-now which if used on the floor you get it on will give you Pyromania. Those alone make you unkillable. But then you get the sharp plug from a shop on one of the curse of the unknown floors and :psyduck:

And to top it all off, there are at least two chaos cards in this.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 17, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Stokes posted:

Wanna start this post off by saying Eve stinks on ice. To end on a positive note I picked up the 3 dollar bill and it gave me scythes before having them unlocked. That was cool.

Eve is great if you can get a Soul/Sin heart barrier and remove your red hearts via devil deals.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Goddamn, Dried Baby is the most amazing thing when fighting It Lives/Isaac/???. Just sit it between you and the boss and watch it not only block each and every incoming shot but regularly Necro-nuke the room.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
So how exactly do you unlock The Dice in Rebirth? I've beat Mom, Moms Heart, and It Lives with ??? but have gotten nothing.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

RatHat posted:

I've literally never gotten hit in one of those rooms. Stand still until they appear then run behind them. They don't do any contact damage, so you can run right through them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mcvey posted:

So how exactly do you unlock The Dice in Rebirth? I've beat Mom, Moms Heart, and It Lives with ??? but have gotten nothing.

You have to beat Isaac with ???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You have to kill Isaac with ???

Had a great run going, forgot I had a Suicide King card on me and killed myself. Whoops.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Kurtofan posted:

You have to beat Isaac with ???

Jesus christ :negative:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
To unlock real plat god do I have to beat megasatan on hard with all characters?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Genocyber posted:

Eve is great if you can get a Soul/Sin heart barrier and remove your red hearts via devil deals.

Yes, I'm sure she's great with a soul converter and devil deals but when you get terrible luck aka 80% of your runs she is just a really bad Samson.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

2 amazing trips to the chest ruined by the room with two Monstro II's in it. That room is the death of me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

To unlock real plat god do I have to beat megasatan on hard with all characters?

Mega Satan is only required for the final ending.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

No, just Mom's Heart on Hard with all characters, and then everything but Mega Satan on Hard with the Lost.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Iny posted:

and then everything but Mega Satan on Hard with the Lost.

:magical:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I'm not hugely into this game so I have no idea what I just did, but I killed Mom and went into a broken room above her. There were 4 items, I picked one and then a loving boss rush happened. I was fighting 2 at a time and managed to get past about 6 waves before Gish and something else that jumps around and slams killed me. Is that room supposed to just be wave after wave? Cos if so holy poo poo how are you supposed to even beat it?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Watching http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak do this was pretty great, so many deaths. Those burrowing dudes in Utero/Womb are fuckers.

Kifisonfire posted:

I'm not hugely into this game so I have no idea what I just did, but I killed Mom and went into a broken room above her. There were 4 items, I picked one and then a loving boss rush happened. I was fighting 2 at a time and managed to get past about 6 waves before Gish and something else that jumps around and slams killed me. Is that room supposed to just be wave after wave? Cos if so holy poo poo how are you supposed to even beat it?

Bosh rush happens if you beat the Mom in half an hour, I think.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Kifisonfire posted:

That's Boss Rush, and yes. It's almost every boss. If you have good items and some flies or buddies for support, you can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Kifisonfire posted:

Have one of the overpowered item combos that lets you mop up bosses in about five seconds each.