Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Third World Reggin posted:

I wouldn't say this is the worst gently caress up of an mmo and an economy.

NCSoft has a cash shop currency tied to multiple games and one games let you put in negative bids which would win you the auction instantly and give you the balance of the difference. This was used to gently caress with the cash shop currency making it all sorts of funny.

Same thing happened in Neverwinter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Yah sorry, I got cryptic and ncsoft confused there for a second.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

DnD had like a day were minimal duping happened that after a small rollback had no real effect on the community. (in fact most people benefited from it cause they sent out caturday bags for everyone) It also had people exploiting player made missions to level quickly. I dont know if anything happened after that but it was surprisingly solid of a launch and post release outside of the dearth of content.

Nothing in this magnitude. Specially on a game like archage that is so reliant on player economy.

Minimal? People made MILLIONS in Astral Diamonds which you can exchange for the real money bought cash shop currency. Usually you can get something in the ballpark of 20k a day if you grind hard. They had in fact three major game and economy breaking bugs that were well known from the beta tests or even their earlier games for about two weeks after launch even. That content farm thing wasn't big, it was just cleverly using a system that was in place to bypass their horrendously grindy content and get to end game in a reasonable amount of time.

Blazolie
Mar 19, 2006
I joined the SA forums and all I got was this title text.
in non-duping news, i heard through the grapevine that fishing goons hate girl havers. takes focus away from all the fishing, i guess??

x: all the pubbies in wicked are always talking about their girlfriends
x: and the goons that joined got so butthurt because of that
x: they tried to shoot it down and then like 5 other wicked pubbies started talking about their girlfriends
x: and then one or two of the girlfriends started talking in comms to defend themselves
x: and now goons are segregated to their own channels, but that's not even surprising

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Blazolie posted:

in non-duping news, i heard through the grapevine that fishing goons hate girl havers. takes focus away from all the fishing, i guess??

x: they tried to shoot it down and then like 5 other wicked pubbies started talking about their girlfriends
x: and then one or two of the girlfriends started talking in comms to defend themselves
x: and now goons are segregated to their own channels, but that's not even surprising

What the gently caress?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazolie posted:

:allears:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blazolie posted:

They can't actually be this pathetic.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Blazolie posted:

what

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Blazolie posted:

:roflolmao:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so guys

tell me about your girlfriends

lets make this a slightly less pathetic e/n

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

:argh: Sex havers! :argh:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazolie posted:

The fate they deserve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Blazolie posted:

Oh my.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we need to be sure that we get all of those wicked people banned from future alliances in entirely unrelated games because they are goon fuckers forcing our fellow fishing goons into a figurative ghetto

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Can we have a fishergoon C/D this please?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ugh. The nerve of some people!

*ports to Sugoi House*

No consideration for us Involuntary Singles!

*unzips pants*

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

wat

Blazolie posted:

wat

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

If this game were even half as good as this thread (and all of its predecessors) we'd have a GOTY.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Blazolie posted:

:tbear: :coolfish:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If someone wants to name names. I'm sure the thread would welcome that. We would even attempt to get the persons involved help.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Ghetto Prince posted:

Thanks, that helped a lot , bought 2 arcanes for around 300 each and regraded them with the scrolls+charms. It was still cheaper than if I'd just bought one heroic.

I've been buying cheap pieces of Magnificent leather (under 400g) and then relisting them for at least 100g profit. Best to buy on weekends and sell on weekdays.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I will sleep with any goon who is ok with big gay bears, if it helps get you with your guild.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

For anyone who still doesn't know the ~secret~ gwen to white arden route, here is a helpful pubbie video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGT4QZIDrgo

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Blazolie posted:

I almost with this was true.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
So, the server is going down for maintenance suddenly.

They apparently posted something about it...

... in their archives section.

Fantastic work, Trion.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
So uh, I started playing this terrible game, but how updated is the op for guilds? I was going to join goon squad but apparently it's west only and the eastern part split off or something. I bugged the contacts for something lawlful but got some cryptic response and never got in.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Nuian and elf are open again with the most recent update

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Rynder posted:

So uh, I started playing this terrible game, but how updated is the op for guilds? I was going to join goon squad but apparently it's west only and the eastern part split off or something. I bugged the contacts for something lawlful but got some cryptic response and never got in.

As of the server coming back up, west is open for character creation again.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Blazolie posted:

wat?

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Anyone on right now? I am trying to figure what to do on this one server I was thinking about being a pirate but I remember from the korean server people said it sucked

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Pirate faction looks dead. Easier to just pirate the other faction, or carebear pirate.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Pirate faction was doing extremely well for itself once it organized into one single guild. However, some of the personalities at the top started turning it into a dictatorship and made sweeping declarations such as "pirates don't make/run packs, we steal them" and basically derided anyone in the pirate faction who did non-pirate things. This doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it because even if you just steal packs, someone has to run them. Plus while piracy is fun on any faction, closing off 75% of the game to yourself because it's "not pirate enough" is stupid and will probably burn people out.

Possibly related to that, not sure, half of the pirate guild started playing WoW when the expansion hit. What's left isn't much of a faction at the moment.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Oh, I don't want to restart in the west :( I'm halfway into making a dumb boat. There's no way to join a western guild then? Or are guilds account wide so I can make a human alt?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Rynder posted:

Oh, I don't want to restart in the west :( I'm halfway into making a dumb boat. There's no way to join a western guild then? Or are guilds account wide so I can make a human alt?

Uh, how far into the game are you right now? You made a post 3 hours ago about starting. Either way, guilds are character specific, not accountwide. So make a west alt and play and turn it into your main.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Rynder posted:

If it's a clipper doesn't matter, they're dirt cheap. Can always get someone to drag an alt through the main story quest for that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rynder posted:

If you mean you have ~25 gilda, no problem. You can get to 50-60 gilda just running through the green story quests for your race, which are a breeze to finish at level 20 but doable earlier than that. Once you have the plan you can mail it, and mail works even cross faction.

You start with 2 character slots, so just make your other character on the west side and join goon squad with that guy. There are some trade shenanigans that are a bit easier if you have an alt in each faction, so there is no need to delete your east side guy if you like him.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Server restrictions are up on Aranzeb as of early morning 17th.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 17, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aaaaa server goes down while I'm on an airship. :( Even if I don't plummet to my death, I'm going to have to walk back all the way back to the airship tower.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

If you mean you have ~25 gilda, no problem. You can get to 50-60 gilda just running through the green story quests for your race, which are a breeze to finish at level 20 but doable earlier than that. Once you have the plan you can mail it, and mail works even cross faction.

You start with 2 character slots, so just make your other character on the west side and join goon squad with that guy. There are some trade shenanigans that are a bit easier if you have an alt in each faction, so there is no need to delete your east side guy if you like him.

Alright I mailed all my stuff to a western alt. You're exactly right I have 25 gilda. Look forward to me asking dumb questions in guild chat, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

The flag of Hello Kitty sailed proudly over Sandcloud today. Unfortunately, the ship can't get onto the very top of the spire because it involves shooting through the ground, and going over corners that registers as a different surface or something and cuts the harpoon. You can theoretically get around that by bugging the harpoon to shoot and attach to the thin air nearby, but getting the right angle to right your ship and land would be a pain in the rear end.

This game is still pretty fun, if a bit lacking in focus. There's no drama in Goon Squad anymore, and we've been hitting up fun runs quite a bit, gearing people up, and just generally being chill. If West isn't restricted, and you're remotely interested in playing, it's a fairly good time to log in while everyone else is busy with WoD or whatever.

• Locked thread