Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I dunno dudes, my 2014 is actually getting better? Like, I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I'm finally starting to feel like I have control of my life again. Therapy is working! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

I mean poo poo we're really ridiculously nice people but this lady killed her brother gently caress her go to hell you vile woman

Where do you live man? I'd bet a fellow good is willing to break in when she's gone and change the locks for you.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Where do you live man? I'd bet a fellow good is willing to break in when she's gone and change the locks for you.

Yes, let's talk about doing this sort of thing on a public forum while there are court proceedings that have yet to happen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

I dunno dudes, my 2014 is actually getting better? Like, I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I'm finally starting to feel like I have control of my life again. Therapy is working! :unsmith:

Mine is going well too, I got a raise and my home loan is going through...

Just makes me feel worse :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Yes, let's talk about doing this sort of thing on a public forum while there are court proceedings that have yet to happen.

WE'RE JUST HAVING A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION MAN.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sorry for your gain. Looks like it's time for it to become an Exocet.

http://www.mevltd.co.uk/exocet_gallery.htm

Cheaper than fixing it, I bet: http://www.mevltd.co.uk/exocet_price.htm

Why the gently caress did a British company claim the name "Exocet" for a goddam car mod?

This thread makes me realize just how happy and well-adjusted my family apparently is. Between my GF's big eyes and "Really? That wouldn't have happened at my house!" every time we talk about "interesting" people, and this thread, I'm thinking my family is abnormally chill and fair-minded.

Goondolences, everyone. Seriously, there is some hosed-up poo poo among families in this thread. Stay sane, friends. Anybody who needs to get away from it all is welcome to crash on my (GF's) couch for a week, the only problem is we're way the hell out in the middle of nowhere. But if you want to experience "Frozen Goddam Wasteland" at least once in your life...

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 17, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've put honest, serious hours of thought into moving to Alaska over the course of my life and I'm starting to think that it might just be time to do that one of thse days.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Do it. No better time than now, just pack it all in the Honda and take off. There's days were I seriously think about cashing it all out, getting a trailer and take off for parts unknown.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Adiabatic posted:

LOL JUST FOUND OUT uncle called my mother sobbing that my aunt was having him committed and that was my moms last conversation with him! :suicide:

For real though my aunt is hosed and doesn't even know it. We're probably gonna get conservatorship due to, you know, and we'll kick her rear end out the minute it happens. Even if we don't, when grandma dies the will (which auntie said didn't exist, despite there being one filed at the courthouse :downs: ) stipulates the house gets sold with my mother having first rights to the sale. Technically my aunt would get a third of that sale, but it would be horrible if the estate was tied up in appeals court until she died....

Jesus loving Christ man. I hope to hell you end up being able to prove that, she sounds like a piece of poo poo that needs to find out that her actions have consequences.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Do it. No better time than now, just pack it all in the Honda and take off. There's days were I seriously think about cashing it all out, getting a trailer and take off for parts unknown.

You and me both. Boss just called me to say he's got the flu and will be out all week, welcome to me being the lead on shift for the week.

This poo poo is outside my pay grade.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I've put honest, serious hours of thought into moving to Alaska over the course of my life and I'm starting to think that it might just be time to do that one of thse days.

Anchorage is actually pretty chill.

E: and we have a pretty close knit group of goons up here that are all awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Do it, get a job on a crab boat and rake in the cash :krakken:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys really think the Civic would be a viable Alaska car?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I made some pretty impulsive decisions after my awful personal tragedy earlier this year, and one of them was moving. Do it. Move to Alaska. The symbolistic abandonment of all the bullshit that surrounds you is powerful.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Absolutely. When I was in Valdez, AK for three weeks, all I saw (other than oil-money Escalades and lifted <ANY MAKER> 3500 Duallys) were old Civics, Subaru Loyales/Outbacks, a few Beetles, conversion vans of all types, and the occasional Corolla or Taurus wagon. Of course, almost every one of them had a block heater of some sort (with telltale outlet hanging from the grille), but they obviously worked well enough for them.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
My DD is a $150 '88 FWD Subaru DL, so take from that what you will.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

:stare: IT'S. BEAUTIFUL. :911:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

IOC please make this the background of AI, tia.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

SlimManFat posted:

If I have a 2003 Corolla, and a complete 2003 Matrix XRS, how much fuckin around is it to get the 2zz from the Matrix working in my Corolla. The engine/trans bolts right in, I know that, but is anyone familiar with the wiring for such a swap?

The only difference is the 2ZZ needs the extra plugs for the VVL solenoids and a couple other little things, it's a piece of cake.
http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=182_432&products_id=2130 if you wanna drop $90 and use the 1ZZ harness without any loving around, or you could DIY for a lot less, but you'll likely need a FSM

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

gently caress Alaska, move to Canada. Don't have to go as far, can hang out with Canadagoons and learn our weird language and strange ways of being. If you want, you can still live in an isolated piece of mountain land and hunt people for sport.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Any other AIers have old British sports cars? The Midget is home, I've been poking around it and taking pictures; if there are other people here with similar vehicles, I'd make a more general thread rather than a Midget-specific one.

There's that guy with the E-type, not sure what happened with that.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

Any other AIers have old British sports cars? The Midget is home, I've been poking around it and taking pictures; if there are other people here with similar vehicles, I'd make a more general thread rather than a Midget-specific one.

I'm game for old British car chat. I lost all my photos of my Jag when my phone crashed out... But its proper motoring. :wotwot:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

gently caress Alaska, move to Canada. Don't have to go as far, can hang out with Canadagoons and learn our weird language and strange ways of being. If you want, you can still live in an isolated piece of mountain land and hunt people for sport.

This, Canada is awesome. Healthcare, poutine, so much room for activities, canadian hotties, jdm imports, maple syrup, Tim Hortons. Come on up, you'll fit right in.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Bajaha posted:

This, Canada is awesome. Healthcare, poutine, so much room for activities, canadian hotties, jdm imports, maple syrup, Tim Hortons. Come on up, you'll fit right in.

You forgot back bacon. :colbert:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Tommychu posted:

You forgot back bacon. :colbert:

That's how good life is in Canada, you forget that the basic luxuries of life up here aren't universal :shrug:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm game for old British car chat. I lost all my photos of my Jag when my phone crashed out... But its proper motoring. :wotwot:

Ok I'll work on an OP this week... I'll be on travel so plenty of time to post instead of work. :britain: Thread will be dedicated to Margaret Thatcher and the 3-day week

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Football is loving stupid. People in Indiana lose their loving minds over it and the Colts loss today was eliciting some negative reactions among some friends so on FB I posted "hey man it could be worse, you could be a Bears fan like me." and he flew off the loving handle and unfriended me.

So yeah, gently caress football.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's not football it's your retarded friends.

Football is awesome :manning:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

It's not football it's your retarded friends.

Football is awesome :manning:

No, it's football.

Once when working at the bar I had a dude stab another dude 30+ times over a Notre Dame football game.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Football is loving stupid. People in Indiana lose their loving minds over it and the Colts loss today was eliciting some negative reactions among some friends so on FB I posted "hey man it could be worse, you could be a Bears fan like me." and he flew off the loving handle and unfriended me.

So yeah, gently caress football.

No, gently caress bears fans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

At least I accept that they suck and their QB is the biggest fuckhead in the NFL. Other than the Steelers and the rapist they employ in the position.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

nm posted:

The Packer Camp is where its at.

In other news, took my ol man to see Interstellar. Disappointed.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 17, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

No, it's football.

Once when working at the bar I had a dude stab another dude 30+ times over a Notre Dame football game.

Yeah that's still just lovely people. Which you're a magnet for, apparently.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

No, it's football.

Are you seriously blaming a football game over a guy getting stabbed?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Are you seriously blaming a football game over a guy getting stabbed?

I'm sure the copious amounts of booze had nothing to do with it!

Edit: But sports fandom does attract a terrible type of person.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's what I'm trying to say dude. It has nothing to do with football, stop blaming football, leave football alone.

Edit: If it wasn't sports it would be something else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

That's what I'm trying to say dude. It has nothing to do with football, stop blaming football, leave football alone.

But football keeeled my brotha!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure the copious amounts of booze had nothing to do with it!

Edit: But sports fandom does attract a terrible type of person.

So do comics.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Preoptopus posted:

The Packer Camp is where its at.

In other news, took my ol man to see Interstellar. Disappointed.

I respect that other people can have differing opinions, and that entertainment value is established by the viewer, but you are wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

So do comics.

I have only heard of a comic fan stabbing another one time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've heard of lots of people getting stabbed for their cars.

gently caress CARS

• Locked thread