Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The prayer card is a seriously ridiculous item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So somebody earlier in the thread mentioned they were getting a crazy slowdown effect. I'm getting that now too (definitely not the computer), along with frequent crashing. Did they get a solution to that problem?

Edit: NM. Reinstall solved the problem.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 17, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Have you ever had that moment where you just know you're totally hosed but you're too stubborn to just cut your losses and start over, and so you keep pushing and pushing even though you know failure is two steps around the corner?

And then maybe something incredibly cheap happens when you make those two steps and round that corner and instead of throwing your hands up and going "well, sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles" you instead get pissed off at getting instantly killed by a loving charging Gurdy Jr. that you couldn't possibly have predicted would happen or avoided.

At least I had time to fire off one last poison shot. That Gurdy Jr. probably died a slow, agonizing death.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 17, 2014

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So has any one managed to decrypt the files for this game yet? Theres an awful lot of modding potential to be had here, especially since I want to re-skin some things.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Everything is poo poo :emo:

Stomping through all that poo was wonderfully cathartic, like popping bubblewrap. Filled with money.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 17, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm disappointed they nerfed the one-heart challenge rooms. It was cool having a guaranteed item in that room that could bail you out of trouble or just be a high-risk pickup.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
edit=/quote

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

I'm disappointed they nerfed the one-heart challenge rooms. It was cool having a guaranteed item in that room that could bail you out of trouble or just be a high-risk pickup.

It used to be balanced by the fact that sometimes you'd go in there and it'd just be Bob's Brain, The Shovel, or Dad's Key, but now it's balanced by there sometimes just being a gray chest. Which is often better than the other lovely items I mentioned.

The best is when you get three red chests and the first two have spiders or some pills in them and the last one takes you to the devil deal, so when you leave the devil room you don't have to fight the bosses that never spawned.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mask of Infamy is literally faster than my tears and I have no bombs so I can't kill it. Good boss.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Ricocheting pulsating double-shot homing shield tears that explode into smaller ricocheting pulsating double-shot homing shield tears. Every room is a bubble bath. :allears:

I'm pretty sure individual tears first hit and bounce off enemies, return to hit them a second time because they're homing and bouncing shots don't break on impact, and then hit them a third time when they explode due to Cricket's Body. These are the kind of things I play this game for.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

then here's a Judas seed with Tech 2, Ipecac, Monster's Lung, and Sacred Heart (which is the worst combo. Don't do Ipecac ever)

Tou're not supposed to use the Ipecac. Monstro's lung will allow you to use your tech 2 laser without firing shots, and Ipecac and Sacred Heart cause that laser to do ridiculous damage,

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Any comibination of attacks that split and speed up will lag my vita. I was down to ~1fps when I had soy milk and parasite and cricket head/body. I thought the vita was better than that.

What do stats mean for Azazel? Why can't I google this? Why on three wikis does nobody say what his stats mean? I mean his range is fixed so what does high or low range mean for him? What does tears or anything but move/charge speed and damage mean for him? I got experimental treatment and afterwards my hellbarf was more of a bile hiccup so I think these stats do SOMETHING.

What would tiny moon + azazel/brimstone do?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Krinkle posted:

What would tiny moon + azazel/brimstone do?

The brimstone beam forms a ring around you, then shoots out forward. For Azazel, it makes a ring around him and sticks out just a bit forward. Probably has the same amount of range, just now in all directions.

And if you have Tiny Planet and Tammy's Head with Azazel, this happens....

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 17, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
azazel works the same way as brimstone. tears decreases charge time, range increases his range, damage increases his damage. its not rocket science

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Is there any item or item combo that can increase Azazel's range?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can confirm that azazel + tiny planet makes a ring around you during the blast.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lowen SoDium posted:

Brimstone

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Lowen SoDium posted:

Number One certainly effects Azazel's range.

Oh - and if you want infinite range, be sure to pick up Technology!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
"Hey, new unlocks! Suicide king? pfft, how hard can it be?"
:catstare:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nastyman posted:

"Hey, new unlocks! Suicide king? pfft, how hard can it be?"
:catstare:

It's not as bad as it looks. The shots from Ipecac will explode if they're directly above an enemy, so you just gotta learn how to aim it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Manatee Cannon posted:

Mask of Infamy is literally faster than my tears and I have no bombs so I can't kill it. Good boss.

Yes you can, hit it from the side.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

RatHat posted:

It's not as bad as it looks. The shots from Ipecac will explode if they're directly above an enemy, so you just gotta learn how to aim it.

Yeah, it actually feels like cheat mode now that I've had a practice run. I'm pretty much oneshotting everything before it can even consider attacking me. Even so, BoI still finds ways to wave its dick in my face..

Yes, I took Tammy's Head, I mean jesus, wouldn't you?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Awesome seed for ???. 1st room was Lil Brimstone, Depths I had Mom's Knife in the Devil room, and Boss Rush had Quad Shot to start. Got the Dead Boy achievement with this!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Argh, the blue champion enemies that are everywhere on hard mode are the worst. I'm talking about those that explode into 8 tear shots when they die.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nastyman posted:

Yeah, it actually feels like cheat mode now that I've had a practice run. I'm pretty much oneshotting everything before it can even consider attacking me. Even so, BoI still finds ways to wave its dick in my face..

Yes, I took Tammy's Head, I mean jesus, wouldn't you?

theres a room in the chest that starts you surrounded by 3 red poops. pretty much no way to avoid them unless you are extremely careful when entering the room. major run ender right there

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Couple runs ago I ran into a room in the Depths with two of those invincible skull heads and a single worm on a platform in the corner. I had picked up Soy Milk, and if I didn't have Bandage Girl with me that would have been it. I mean, c'mon.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

azazel works the same way as brimstone. tears decreases charge time, range increases his range, damage increases his damage. its not rocket science

I don't really know what these stats mean regularly I mean I don't know what the many arrows signify or the bow or the rock that is thrown. Either of the last two could be range I don't know. I keep wanting to make one fire speed but that's a hidden stat I read.

And one of these mystery icons determines for what duration the hellbarf lasts.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 17, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
A screen shot of the stats page with everything labeled with text would be a really good addition to the OP.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Here's an example of a room where you really, really, want more than 1 bomb

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Ghost Head posted:

Here's an example of a room where you really, really, want more than 1 bomb

I want to say the stomp from the high priestess card counts as a bomb and might work.

I mean, Pyromania makes you immune to the stomp, so...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Even if he takes damage he's still trading 1 heart for 3.

Stand next to a rock and use High Priestess and it'll knock the rock into the hole. Then you can use the bomb for the last one.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Playing as Azazel, I found a silly combo that was useful... but took patience. I was going back and forth between playing Isaac and doing housework anyway, so it was perfect.

Mysterious Candy is the trinket that just makes you poop at random intervals. It's not based on rooms, and doesn't require you to even move. You just poop now and then. Some of those poops will contain goodies if destroyed.

Leo makes you automatically smash any rock, mushroom, skull, or poop you touch. It turns out movement isn't technically necessary if somehow objects are just randomly spawning directly beneath you.

(I have no idea if Azazel's flying was a vital part of this)

So with that combination, just enter a safe/empty room and walk away from your computer for a while. Have some dinner, watch TV, whatever. While you're gone, the game will just be pooping, smashing the poop, collecting the items, and waiting to poop again. When you return, you'll probably have more hearts, bombs, keys, and money than when you left.

... unless at some point one of the poops drops the Petrified Poop trinket. That'll replace the Mysterious Candy and end the cycle until you swap items back to fix it.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 17, 2014

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Justin_Brett posted:

Couple runs ago I ran into a room in the Depths with two of those invincible skull heads and a single worm on a platform in the corner. I had picked up Soy Milk, and if I didn't have Bandage Girl with me that would have been it. I mean, c'mon.

The doors will eventually open automatically if you can't clear a room, it just takes a while.

that room is bullshit though, I see it all the time and fairly frequently I can only just hit the worm. I've had runs where I definitely wouldn't have been able to. There are a whole lot more "gently caress you" rooms in Rebirth, it feels like.

Although I vaguely remember it being the same when WotL first came out, I guess they might prune some of them in patches.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

RatHat posted:

Stand next to a rock and use High Priestess and it'll knock the rock into the hole. Then you can use the bomb for the last one.

see, this is why i'm not a top tier player. I'd have never thought of that

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

RatHat posted:

Nah, I wasn't saying pyromania was essential, that's just how I figured the stomp worked like a bomb.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Heh, Loki's horns and mom's knife gives you 4 knives. It's sort of amusing and not all that useful since it seems tough to get them to shoot off at the same time. From a defense standpoint though you are 1/2 way to being a porcupine.

Sloober fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 17, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fun fact: Bombing Satan's statue is a good idea if you have a few spare explosions. The rock the statue sits on (just to give it collision) has a decent chance of being a dark rock.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Alkydere posted:

Fun fact: Bombing Satan's statue is a good idea if you have a few spare explosions. The rock the statue sits on (just to give it collision) has a decent chance of being a dark rock.

Well poo poo, I was wondering where that bomb+key came from. I had Dr. Fetus and just tossed one out of habit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat, I finally got two angel rooms to spawn and got to Mega Satan but I didn't get a single damage upgrade throughout the run, so he killed me. I got past the four horsemen phase and had killed both of his hands again, but a sin killed me while I was dodging Mega Satan's attacks. If I hadn't accidentally wasted my Sun card at the beginning of the Isaac fight, I might have won on my first try. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Oh. That was soy milk. Well that's that for that Azazel run. I wish you could drop items because about half of them make the game unplayable and I hate playing guess who with two thousand tiny rear end icons.

http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth
Look at this nonsense. I don't want to memorize this. Let me drop items. Jesus.