Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Don't worry, Grimrak is just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

There's actually three more sets but they can't be posted right now.

LordCo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 14, 2014

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just since it's now on the previous page (and got missed last time), can I get wiki access on kirtar and channel access on catigern@ratrik1

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

LordCo posted:

Ooh, it's been a while. :swoon:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/533355775310045184

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

LordCo posted:

My sides hurt from laughter, thanks for shoehorning my name in. Those are priceless.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

And the rest

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

They won't go and fix DS9 but they'll spend a month making a new Club 47 for ERPers to go cyber in.

:cryptic:

edit: screenshots and text http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9004943-club-47-opening-soon%21

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

LordCo posted:

And the rest

poo poo lost

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Xexre posted:

poo poo lost

I think I just pooped a little.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

kirtar posted:

Just since it's now on the previous page (and got missed last time), can I get wiki access on kirtar and channel access on catigern@ratrik1

Whoops, my bad. You're sorted now.

VVVVV At 10:20 or so, he wishes we were in Florida so he could shoot Psycho and myself dead. :allears:

Korgan fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 15, 2014

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Does anyone have the link of that horrible 'news broadcast' that one of the erpists made, complaining about the party amplifiers a year or two ago? I need someone to suffer.

Edit: Nevermind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cutedge posted:

They won't go and fix DS9 but they'll spend a month making a new Club 47 for ERPers to go cyber in.

edit: screenshots and text http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9004943-club-47-opening-soon%21

Meh, I'm just happy to see more of the new-era Mass-Effect Starfleet look. If nothing else, maybe it'll give them new bits to steal next time they need to poo poo out a throwaway interior in two hours.

That said, it'd be nice if it had a purpose.

EDIT I just noticed the hovering platform with a stripper pole I take it all back

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.

Longshot007 posted:

Does anyone have the link of that horrible 'news broadcast' that one of the erpists made, complaining about the party amplifiers a year or two ago? I need someone to suffer.

Edit: Nevermind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0

That pitch adjustment, it really makes me think it's a real live girl playing STO....

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Can I grab an invite? Thuraya@iiiiiiiiiiiiiiio (15 I's; I don't know what's with that username, I think this account was made a few years ago for another game)

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Do you people still buy cd keys for this game? I have a couple Collector edition copies sitting here that I never used before I quit playing.

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 16, 2014

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Veeb0rg posted:

Do you people still buy cd keys for this game? I have like 6 Collector edition copies sitting here that I never used before I quit playing.

i kind of want a red matter thing

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

i kind of want a red matter thing

Yeah, I have a charactetr bound one and that's it.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
The standard edition that I think amazon still has gives you RMCs for all of your characters. It gives a Borg boff and a month of sub too. Some other edition gave a gun that let you shoot thru walls but some dev specifically said it won't be upgradable so sorta useless at 60 I guess.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ComradeBigT posted:

The standard edition that I think amazon still has gives you RMCs for all of your characters. It gives a Borg boff and a month of sub too. Some other edition gave a gun that let you shoot thru walls but some dev specifically said it won't be upgradable so sorta useless at 60 I guess.

That gun without the wall-shooting effect is the Level 15 crafting super-ground-weapon.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The EU Gold edition gives the RMC instead of the DS9 costumes it should have done and I've bought a few of those for goons before. Looks like Amazon caught on though as they now charge £39.99 for it rather than the £10 or so it used to be at the start of the year.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Cutedge posted:

They won't go and fix DS9

Cryptic/PWE actually fixing stuff? I wish......

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Well, I finally got my dil from the mirror universe event. Is there anything in particular I should be looking at using it for? I've got a couple of reps at tier 2 right now so I only have a handful of things unlocked.

At the moment I've been looking at just the Rom and Omega tier 1 consoles in order to boost my klankrom's space critical chance, and maybe the tier 4(?) Rom plasma cannons if I'm not better off just sticking to the plasma-disruptor hybrid weapons (same double-proc but apparently everybody and their dog has plasma resist). Alternately I could maybe try to convert to EC and get fleet modules off the exchange for a T5U fleet ship, but I don't know how well the exchange rate works out for that (especially since a bunch of other people will be trying the same thing). At the moment I've got a Mirror Universe T'varo Light Warbird Retrofit on my klankrom tactical, a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser on my fed engineer, and some generic tier 2 ship I can't remember on my klank science that I still haven't leveled past 25.

Also Jesus H. Christ are the names for Fed ships confusing.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 17, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

On a scale of 1 to Risa level bullshit how tedious is it going to be for me to get this year and the previous years breen ships?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Berke Negri posted:

On a scale of 1 to Risa level bullshit how tedious is it going to be for me to get this year and the previous years breen ships?

About a 5 for each ship? It's tedious but over fast. (This estimate only applies to a single character, if youre getting the ship on 3+ shoot yourself)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

About a 5 for each ship? It's tedious but over fast. (This estimate only applies to a single character, if youre getting the ship on 3+ shoot yourself)

They did the multicharacter discount on the rest of the winter ships too. (It applied retroactively, at least)

So long as you buy it on one character, you just need to turn in two days worth of tokens on the others.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 17, 2014

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Berke Negri posted:

If it's the same as last year then it's going to be about two weeks worth of ice skating on two characters if you haven't gotten either of the ships before. Three characters if they add a new one this year which is very likely. Mind you, this is if they do the same as with the Risa ships where you only needed one days worth of activities to claim a ship on a character if you had already claimed it on another char.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Berke Negri posted:

It's a ground "race" (that's fine as long as you're paying attention to not run off the course, you can hardly lose), and it'll have the Risa "Got this on a character already? Just race once on another and you can have it" ship discount on previous years.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
In this thread, Branflakes, the beloved former Community Manager, get defensive about his behavior during his infamous community PVP matches.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20722931&postcount=30

Nabreeki posted:

Last time a member of PWE lead a PVP event, at least one Dental's STO account was temporarily banned because said former community manager blew up several times.

bfelczer posted:

False, and I've repeatedly requested this fallacious information cease from being spread. 1) I could not ban player's accounts in-game, 2) That would just be stupid on my part to even think about doing that, as would be asking someone else to do it for that reason who could, 3) Your fleetmate is either making it up or got banned for something completely different, and I'm sure they can email in for the reason as the CS reps keep records of all that, but I played zero part in it. Not really anything I can do to prove it, but I know what I do/did and don't/didn't do, and that was something I absolutely never did. I put my honor and name on it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Someone post the gif of him raging when he beamed into something and a Dental immediately knocked him over with a snowball.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

There's throwable snowballs that can knock people down in social zones?

Immediately sounds better than Risa.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

To clean poo poo up I've copied the lad pictures to a new imgur account and sorted them by sign text. To view all the albums go to: https://lordco.imgur.com/

If you want to use a specific sign, here's the breakdown

Brought To You By Mondian - 14 Images
Butts Died For Your Autism - 10 Images
Dukat Was Right - 2 Images
Even I Wouldn't Deal With Lake1771 - 2 Images
It's a Disco Ball, Not A Dick - 10 Images
Join Starfleet Dental - 2 Images
Lake1771 - Cote d'Ivoire Branch - 2 Images
Lake1771 - We got the bugs - 2 Images
Look What Xtern1ty Reduced Me To - 4 Images
Lost Son: Contact Marquisnoir - 4 Images
Mysteena: Dear Leader Is Watching - 4 Images
Nbreeki For Federation President - 6 Images
Repent Lake1771 - 3 Images
Seek The Five Lights Of Damar - 13 Images
SFD Keeps Drozana Pedo Free - 6 Images
Sic Semper Bajoris Tyranni - 9 Images
Spay Or Neuter Your Caitian - 10 Images
Suzanna Dance For Me - 10 Images
Thank God I'm Not Lake1771 - 3 Images
This Is Kurland - 10 Images
U Said Nothing About Lube - 4 Images
We Salute Dental - 4 Images
Welcome To Dental, Cassie - 4 Images

I'll also get around to posting this list on the wiki one of these days.

LordCo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 18, 2014

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Berke Negri posted:

It's not bad the ice race is much quicker than the Risa event. It's a pain in the dick the first few time you run it though so don't give up on it the ships are good and it'll take you 2 mins per race once you get a handle on running on ice. Also once you get a handle on the ice running you can do the PVP race for the easiest marks in the game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the winter event is tedious but pretty easy. Really, if Cryptic uses the "all alts can get the ship massively discounted once the first character has one" thing they did with the summer event it's really pretty trivial, the hardest part is remembering to log in every day to do the quest.

Also, just in case it isn't trivial enough already, just bind dodge roll to one of your extra mouse buttons or something. That completely resets momentum, since :cryptic:.

And oh hey, look at what just got announced. I am surprised by this, really.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9005093

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Asimo posted:

Yeah, the winter event is tedious but pretty easy. Really, if Cryptic uses the "all alts can get the ship massively discounted once the first character has one" thing they did with the summer event it's really pretty trivial, the hardest part is remembering to log in every day to do the quest.

Like I mentioned, they retroactively put that in for last year's winter stuff, so I have no doubt that they'll do it with the upcoming one.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I guess the answer is "lockbox ships", but has anyone who pays more attention to the STO forums and game seen anyone pitching a fit about ship mastery traits. Feds have I dunno 15 or something to choose from provided they have the ships, Kling/Rom, 2. It seems like the kind of thing you'd really be pissed about if you were to give a poo poo about the game or being the best.

The general response on the facebook post announcing the T6 Intrepid has been strongly, "I already paid to upgrade to a T5U Intrepid, you loving suck cryptic."

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

T6 Intrepid posted:

1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Intelligence/Engineering, 1 Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal
So... you get to choose between having basically no tactical slots, or basically no engineering slots. At least you can throw SS1 into the Lt. hybrid seat? Also the bridge is technically a separate purchase, even though they give it as a bundle. :effort: At least there's a secondary deflector, even if Cryptic still hasn't added more of those to the game. Enjoy the generic white one if you never grabbed the event dyson ship I guess.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I guess the answer is "lockbox ships", but has anyone who pays more attention to the STO forums and game seen anyone pitching a fit about ship mastery traits. Feds have I dunno 15 or something to choose from provided they have the ships, Kling/Rom, 2. It seems like the kind of thing you'd really be pissed about if you were to give a poo poo about the game or being the best.
All the specialties give a starship trait, so in theory a klank or rom can fill the slots just fine. Since there's only three specialties and you'll need ages to actually max all of them out, in practice you pretty much have to get both available T6 ships though, yes. And it'll probably be a problem in the long run considering Feds get so many more ships (and thus, wider trait selections).

Asimo fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 18, 2014

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

In this thread, Branflakes, the beloved former Community Manager, get defensive about his behavior during his infamous community PVP matches.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20722931&postcount=30

Name and honor.

-Troika- posted:

Someone post the gif of him raging when he beamed into something and a Dental immediately knocked him over with a snowball.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Is the video for that still around? The gif's great, but it's not the same without the facecam in the corner contorting into a scowl as realization sinks in. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

UoI posted:

Name and honor.

That's hilarious.

I'm hoping they release some more klank ships for the winter event.

• Locked thread