Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man there are a crapton of co-op baby skins.

http://platinumgod.co.uk/babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like how this game has been fukken datamined and still nobody has the foggiest clue what the mystery sack does.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I swear it gave me a bomb once.

Edit: I don't remember the circumstances, but it was not from finishing a room.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Krinkle posted:

Oh. That was soy milk. Well that's that for that Azazel run. I wish you could drop items because about half of them make the game unplayable and I hate playing guess who with two thousand tiny rear end icons.

http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth
Look at this nonsense. I don't want to memorize this. Let me drop items. Jesus.

I'm not sure what i would do without this website, like holy poo poo man. I have the memory capacity of a fruit fly

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Dackel posted:

I'm not sure what i would do without this website, like holy poo poo man. I have the memory capacity of a fruit fly

shiiiiiiiit i know what almost every item on that page does just by looking at the sprite. except for anemia/bloody lust because their literally the same sprite just flipped upside down.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I really wish I had recorded the Seed for the run I did the other day. Got Goat's head from a red chest in the devil room on floor 2, by caves 2 I had nearly max damage high fire rate tears with the sacred heart effect, by depths 1 I was lord of the flies and had picked up a bible, and on depths 2 I managed to get the faith shield item before taking on the boss rush. Most bosses took longer to go through their death animations than to have their health drained. I think I got like 3 characters that run and got through Sheol before even unlocking ending 2.

Now, if only I could unlock Maggy...

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Welp, lesson learnt. When you're fighting the final boss don't use a card called Suicide King.

I should feel angry, but I really have no one to blame but myself. With a name like that, what did I expect to happen?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RatHat posted:

Man there are a crapton of co-op baby skins.

http://platinumgod.co.uk/babies

:3:

:stonk:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Samuel Clemens posted:

Welp, lesson learnt. When you're fighting the final boss don't use a card called Suicide King.

I should feel angry, but I really have no one to blame but myself. With a name like that, what did I expect to happen?

I really loving hate unlocks like Suicide King. I haven't even bothered to touch that challenge because I absolutely don't want the item.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Already had 3 pretty flies and the big fan, then I got the shield which at that point I'm pretty sure did nothing.

Still died.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Magres posted:

I really loving hate unlocks like Suicide King. I haven't even bothered to touch that challenge because I absolutely don't want the item.

Hey, it's good with the dead cat!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

loving lumps in the womb. All the other BS enemies are slow or have some sort of tell (that I'm just horrible at recognizing in time), but those red little shotgun lumps are the worst. They blend into the floor, teleport everywhere as their movement, and just love to pop up directly under your feet.

Ruined an otherwise good Suicide King run.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

I like how this game has been fukken datamined and still nobody has the foggiest clue what the mystery sack does.

I think it influences the drops you get upon clearing a room somehow. I was getting multiple item drops from room clears on my last run and the only items I had that would influence that are the mystery sack and a full bar of luck.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Getting Dr. Fetus made my Judas run way better. Because I had a high damage stat already the bombs are quite powerful, oneshotting pretty much every normal enemy and doing ~1/5 of a boss's HP bar. But not only that, but I also accidentally blew open a super secret room with pills which got me two HP ups.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Krinkle posted:

Oh. That was soy milk. Well that's that for that Azazel run. I wish you could drop items because about half of them make the game unplayable and I hate playing guess who with two thousand tiny rear end icons.

http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth
Look at this nonsense. I don't want to memorize this. Let me drop items. Jesus.

Actually none of the items make the game unplayable. :ssh: Soy Milk is one of the extremely few ones that tend to be both really harmful and undroppable, but you can probably count those items with one hand which is as far away from "about half" as it gets. I'm pretty sure you can remember what it does the next time you see it without having to memorize literally every item in the game, considering the icon is literally a glass of milk.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Cursed eye is the only one I have trouble remembering that really screws me over (and yes I know it doesn't teleport you if it's not charging, it's still really loving annoying). Everything else that screws me over I can remember the icon for, and there's maybe only a half-dozen of those.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Actually none of the items make the game unplayable. :ssh: Soy Milk is one of the extremely few ones that tend to be both really harmful and undroppable, but you can probably count those items with one hand which is as far away from "about half" as it gets. I'm pretty sure you can remember what it does the next time you see it without having to memorize literally every item in the game, considering the icon is literally a glass of milk.

What would happen if you had Soy Milk, Dr. Fetus, and Pyromaniac?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Man, some challenges really suck. Here's hoping I can get a dice room for Family Man before Isaac because the damage is abysmal and you don't have great control over it anyway. BFFs! and Hive Mind would be a nice alternative. That's kinda the problem I have with some of these, there's only a few things that are worth a drat to pick up.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What even is a challenge? Is it beat the entire game under this curse? When is it over? Mom's heart? Super satan?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Krinkle posted:

What even is a challenge? Is it beat the entire game under this curse? When is it over? Mom's heart? Super satan?

It's selecting a challenge from the menu. You either start with some curse of some kind or with a set loadout. In the latter case there usually aren't treasure rooms. some end after mom, others after moms heart, others still require you to go further than that.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The challenges are accessed from the main menu. They typically start you out with specific items and disable treasure rooms, though some have other more interesting conditions. They ask you to beat the game. This usually means Mom's Heart but sometimes means Isaac or Satan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Krinkle posted:

All of the but Purist (where you're just basic Isaac without the D6) give you a preset loadout. Where the ending is depends on the challenge, most just need you to kill Mom but some require you to kill the Heart/It Lives or Isaac/Satan. There are no treasure rooms in any of them but the first challenge.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Challenges

Also, I really don't get why the golden door doesn't just stay unlocked forever like the doors to Sheol and the Cathedral once you've opened it once. Getting two angel rooms is so random, it's a stupid restriction.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

All of the but Purist (where you're just basic Isaac without the D6) give you a preset loadout.
Nope, there are cursed challenges and loadout challenges, the former of which have treasure rooms, the latter don't. There are, by the way, several of the former.

quote:

Where the ending is depends on the challenge, most just need you to kill Mom but some require you to kill the Heart/It Lives or Isaac/Satan.

It's mostly Mom's Heart, actually. (E: Actually no, I'm wrong here, I've just been mostly doing the challenges that require me to go further than that.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Nope, there are cursed challenges and loadout challenges, the former of which have treasure rooms, the latter don't. There are, by the way, several of the former.

It's mostly Mom's Heart, actually.

There's one cursed challenge, the first one. I forgot you don't start with anything there, but it's the only exception. Most of them are not the Heart. Like three of them need you to get that far, Solar System, Demo Man, and Purist.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

There's one cursed challenge, the first one. I forgot you don't start with anything there, but it's the only exception. Most of them are not the Heart. Like three of them need you to get that far, Solar System, Demo Man, and Purist.

The challenge that's literally called Cursed also has treasure rooms. It's also my favorite challenge yet, even though most people seem to hate it :(

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

AHungryRobot posted:

shiiiiiiiit i know what almost every item on that page does just by looking at the sprite. except for anemia/bloody lust because their literally the same sprite just flipped upside down.

I still have to look up books, zodiacs, syringes, familiars and still look up to clarify what exactly that bomb/etc does. Some things like mushrooms I always pick up. But it's embarrassing to admit how often I thought that cursed eye was a pearl...

Also I look up stuff for devil deals (especially in case one of the items give soul hearts in case I wanna go yolo no red hearts)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

IGgy IGsen posted:

The challenge that's literally called Cursed also has treasure rooms. It's also my favorite challenge yet, even though most people seem to hate it :(

Curse of the Cursed (which is a great name by the way) should be added to normal curse rotation for the duration of April 1st or something.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Curse of the Cursed (which is a great name by the way) should be added to normal curse rotation for the duration of April 1st or something.

Curse of the Cursed plus Curse of the Maze :getin:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

IGgy IGsen posted:

I loved that challenge because it was really fun figuring out how to go through the levels.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9nsuYShVko

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Alkydere posted:

I loved that challenge because it was really fun figuring out how to go through the levels.

I loved that challenge because I got a holy mantle in the room next to the starting room when I did it.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

The Lost, attempt 20-ish.

First treasure room: Holy Mantle
First boss room: The Haunt

:suicide:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aww, Mom's Knife+Ipecac doesn't give you an exploding knife, just a poison one. Well I assume it was poison but nothing survived long enough to tell. It did trivialize the Suicide King challenge at least.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I seriously feel like "Cursed" needs a couple of sequels. One where you have to go to Satan instead of Mom, and one where you have to go to Satan instead of Mom and don't have the Map, Blue Map, Compass trio to start off. :getin:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

I hate The Lost so much

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Speaking of The Lost, I just did a Lost run correctly (from what I've read about unlocking him), and he didn't unlock. Did they patch it to where seeded games don't count (I used one seed for Isaac's step for Mullibooms)? After that the other 3 were legit runs to their proper deaths. I went back to the main menu and yet no message saying I unlocked The Lost. What did I do wrong? :confused:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
So only on my third time reaching The Womb was it actually called The Womb instead of In Utero—which is a harder alternate version?

Also the run-ending boss fight for me that first time in In Utero I was The Gate, Double Trouble, which apparently even the wiki doesn't know can occur. :psyduck:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I hate The Lost so much

That's amazing. You've died more times in that one streak than I have runs of the game, period. The Lost sounds fun!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I had six hearts, I almost killed mom's heart but cursed eye pulled me out at the last second. Okay well gotta try again. I collect all the hearts to fill up to max, I go back in and instantly die. What the gently caress even killed me? Bob's thoughts? Can bob's thoughts do six loving hearts of damage in the womb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Harrow posted:

What would happen if you had Soy Milk, Dr. Fetus, and Pyromaniac?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAtD-R5X3o

Basically you win.