Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

ShadowMoo posted:

use the hole like a cock ring and the delicious cream as lube so you can finish yourself off afterwards for a sugary surprise.

It is a storm of swords but the game is to see who can fall and create the most drama.

In other news maybe one of these days I will have internet again and be able to pay off the thousands of gold I owe goons.

Chances are none of those goons are still playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the ultimate goonfucker

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Eonwe posted:

the ultimate goonfucker

No we've been over this already. That's kimsemus.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Malakesh posted:

No we've been over this already. That's kimsemus.

You've robbed one more goon guild than I have. :toot:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Malakesh posted:

Lol. Speaking of falling on swords.

:xd:

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Shenanigans

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Malakesh posted:

Shenanigans

:captainpop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

:yikes:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

quote:

[13:41] <ThirdWorldRaygun> malakesh, I don't understand the idea of fighting poo poo posting with even worse posting
[13:41] <ThirdWorldRaygun> don't touch the poop
[13:42] <Malakesh> Last time I did that the poo poo posting died down
[13:42] <Malakesh> I was hoping it would work
[13:42] <Malakesh> Alas
[13:43] <Malakesh> Also I can on,y take eonwe and nozzle posting the same responses every other page so much
[13:43] <Malakesh> So now I'm bringing my own brand in and it smells wonderful
[13:44] <Malakesh> Just show the ludicrousness of the whole thread
[13:44] <Malakesh> You can't really make that thread better
[13:45] <ThirdWorldRaygun> you can't, but other people can
[13:45] <Malakesh> ;(
[13:45] <Malakesh> That stings
[13:45] <Malakesh> Is my posting really that bad?
[14:05] <Malakesh> If I can't enjoy the thread because of the incessant trolls I sure as hell am not gonna let them enjoy it
[14:06] <Malakesh> And if I have to stoop to their level or lower to get it done then so be it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
them feels

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Eonwe posted:

them feels

And so it begins again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also its pretty funny that my post right above the IRC logs is a :yikes: emote, which I really do post nearly every page

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:yikes: triggering people is loving hilarious

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Widestancer posted:

quote:

[13:41] <ThirdWorldRaygun> malakesh, I don't understand the idea of fighting poo poo posting with even worse posting
[13:41] <ThirdWorldRaygun> don't touch the poop
[13:42] <Malakesh> Last time I did that the poo poo posting died down
[13:42] <Malakesh> I was hoping it would work
[13:42] <Malakesh> Alas
[13:43] <Malakesh> Also I can on,y take eonwe and nozzle posting the same responses every other page so much
[13:43] <Malakesh> So now I'm bringing my own brand in and it smells wonderful
[13:44] <Malakesh> Just show the ludicrousness of the whole thread
[13:44] <Malakesh> You can't really make that thread better
[13:45] <ThirdWorldRaygun> you can't, but other people can
[13:45] <Malakesh> ;(
[13:45] <Malakesh> That stings
[13:45] <Malakesh> Is my posting really that bad?
[14:05] <Malakesh> If I can't enjoy the thread because of the incessant trolls I sure as hell am not gonna let them enjoy it
[14:06] <Malakesh> And if I have to stoop to their level or lower to get it done then so be it

:cawg:

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
malakesh gets hot under the hood when it's about wicked girls, but becomes a cold blooded killer when laying down the hammer on goonfuckin trolls

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

plehsistential posted:

malakesh gets hot under the hood when it's about wicked girls, but becomes a cold blooded killer when laying down the hammer on goonfuckin trolls

I wish I could be Kroggers e-gf so he would buy me equipment with guild funds

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Eonwe posted:

I wish I could be Kroggers e-gf so he would buy me equipment with guild funds

:eyepop:

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Malakesh, I have never played a game with goons other than ArcheAge, I don't e-farm or e-pirate, and I missed the fishing drama so I'm not familiar with either the bold-faced PowerGoon names that were central to the guild collapse*, or the EVE goons that (I guess) resented not receiving the same respect/positions in this game as in others.

From reading this thread, it even seemed like "fishers" were getting piled on a little bit, and I felt kind of sympathetic.

But just so you know, as an unbiased observer with no dog in this fight, I'm starting to believe even the more ridiculous accusations are related to you somehow (were you one of the fishers or something?), just because you've been posting so aggressively anytime anyone even inches in the direction of a joke about whichever group ripped goons off. The sort of posting where you are clearly getting worked up but trying to play it off as indifferent or aloof.

I dunno. Someone posts a meme and you come in and post these transparently "dismissive" replies to every single person that so much as replied with an emoticon...and it just, I dunno, the optics suggest maybe you actually are guilty of something rude? Or maybe are taking things too personally (I don't think anyone called you out or anything...), or have some sort of real animosity toward someone here?

I dunno, man. I've never met you so maybe this is Space Politics and way over my head -- that chatlog makes it seem like you are actually "puppet-mastering" everyone and know what you are doing so that's probably the case. I just wanted to let you know how it was coming off to passers-by. I try to be as super friendly a guy as possible (even in game, to the disappointment and pity of Goons!:tipshat:), and it just sort of seemed like folks were succeeding in loving with you. Like, the suggestion that goons were so misogynistic that even young, nerdy-skewing men in MMORPG fandoms had to segregate them looked completely ridiculous...until you suddenly appeared back in the thread to debate it with everyone. Same with the pedophile stuff or the stealing or all that drama.

I would have messaged you but you don't have plat. I guess I'm just trying to remind you that it can be counterproductive to engage every single accusation, especially if you're totally innocent. To the low-information voters like myself, it just looks like you're sinking further into the mud, digging your own hole, and -- in constantly performing exactly how much you totally don't care about all this -- it makes you seem like you really, really do care.

Anyway, sorry to everyone else for yet another pile of silly words from Bugs McLongposter!

*PS:
I was out on business when all the drama happened, but prior to that, it really was a lot of fun in ArcheAge Goon Squad. We had like a hundred people for every raid, did serverwide raids and world bosses seemingly on the hour. Constant gear-irrelevant dungeon runs. Piracy of The Forest Crows. Trade runs where folks helped each other out for no payment, just to see the sights. Every trade channel was full on "Goon Mumbles." Just a good time. Even the names people seemed to have animosity for -- I'm lucky to say I had the opportunity to do some dungeons where I was alone in the channel with them and got to hear them out privately, almost like their mostly anonymous, faceless low-level goonscrub priest. I really felt like most everyone had good intentions and just wanted to enjoy their gaming fantasies without stepping on too many toes.

I guess those sorts of fantasies become trouble when they are less "be a sexy knight with a bastard broadsword online" and more like "be the richest knight in the guild and maybe the server, everyone needs me because of my power, I can kick and ban my enemies, crush them with ease, and I'll have special raid armor that is the most rare and expensive in the guild, enough to make people jealous." Those fantasies feel a little less collaborative and more zero-sum/selfish even for a wish-fulfillment engine like World of Warcraft/ArcheAge/MMORPGames.

I dunno. Just bummed the brief period of online fun is coming to an abrupt close.

atlas of bugs fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 18, 2014

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
Fuckin Widestancer strikes again! :bravo:

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
boy that really is too many words, you guys feel free to skip that: just checking in to make sure nobody's hurt! :fireman:

Malakesh posted:

yeah that is kind of what I mean, Malakesh :(

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Malakesh posted:

You're retarded m8

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*gets called a retard with AIDS by everyone*

"I'm the real puppetmaster"

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

You're retarded m8

Was that not the response you were hoping for?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you see by pretending to be retarded and having everyone on both sides decide he's retarded he is the epic win troll master

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Is this like a thing with mmo people where they troll by acting like a dumbass so people call them a dumbass

It keeps happening first with the pedo poo poo and the age of consent crowd (both with EVE and here) then with doxxing and acting "badass" over it and now this

The gently caress

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
"The Malakesh Post Button" : A Tradition of Retarded Badposting

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Malakesh posted:

Was that not the response you were hoping for?

Uhhh no one is hoping for any response everyone is just laughing at you

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Widestancer posted:

"I'm the real puppetmaster"

I blame Eonwe for acting like a puppet. You just think he has to have someones hand up his rear end, but in reality he just really wants one.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Arcade posted:

I blame Eonwe for acting like a puppet. You just think he has to have someones hand up his rear end, but in reality he just really wants one.

:staredog:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

That's funny, I was going to say lap dog, but I went with puppet given the quote.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Arcade posted:

That's funny, I was going to say lap dog, but I went with puppet given the quote.

Why would Eonwe be a lapdog

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Archeage Thread for Stable Normal People Goons

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

gosh, friend

I do enjoy prostate play, how did you know

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe, why are you a lapdog?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Is this the part where someone claims imp conspiracy? Can it be?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you see by pretending to be retarded and having everyone on both sides decide he's retarded he is the epic win troll master

Where does this puppet master thing keep coming from? I don't see it in my posts. I also don't subscribe to the Widestancer fan club so that apparently is reason to get ostracized I guess. I have pretty much parroted the same poo poo you imp zoners have done in this thread and the ones before it except I made it intentionally unfunny to prove a point and also because you lot are loving retarded and have done nothing but drag SA further into the shitter, this thread especially.
At one time games was not a complete cesspit. I guess those days are over.
I can't even ironically make fun of you without someone saying I'm angry about something.

Edited for punctuation because I am a grammar nazi.

Malakesh fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 18, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

Eonwe, why are you a lapdog?

whose lapdog am i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Velthice posted:

Is this the part where someone claims imp conspiracy? Can it be?

This poo poo has been the fishing shadow council from the start. Funded by GS gold bank.

Eonwe posted:

whose lapdog am i

FFS, times I wish I also screenshot guild chat constantly.

• Locked thread