Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I understand what you meant, but the reason these discussions get ugly fast is because of that kind of tabloid "THE GOVERNMENT wants your RAPIST to have a right to YOUR BABY" presenting of the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
What's the value on Ford flathead V8s these days?

I have a terrible idea. :getin:

http://www.awesomehenry.com

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What's that peeking out on the right, there? Is it a reclaimed ambulance horn? Yes it is, yes it is. :getin:

Also,

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KozmoNaut posted:

Some hardcore redpill MRAs seriously think that the father should be able to decide whether or not a pregnancy should be aborted.

It's exactly as bad as it sounds.

They also argue that the father should be able to veto the mother's decision to have an abortion. Which is also pretty disturbing.

I now regret asking. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

keykey posted:

Just found out my great uncle died and so it has came to pass that the last one of his generation in our family is gone. At least he published a book on his experiences on WW2 in Iwo Jima and other places in and around Japan including getting malaria and having a pet monkey while stationed in the Philippines after his malaria days. Dude was awesome.

Aww man, sorry dude that sucks. Im really close with my great aunt and uncle and I dread the day I lose them. Your uncle sounds like he was a cool dude. Mine is too, he worked on the US space program from the beginning until the late 80s and hes one of the smartest guys I know.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Geeze, guys, I don't look at AI for the weekend and everything goes to poo poo.
I really hope 2015 is good to you guys. I can't complain a whole lot about 2014. My problems are piddly poo poo compared to all that.

Sooo... how about that local sports team Ken Block video?

Bought an Xbone myself this weekend. going to it from a 360 is as bad as going from XP to Win8, in terms of "where did everything go?"

e:

Cakefool posted:

My 4 1/2 yr old son occasionally tries screaming as a way of getting his way, lots of kids do this. Spontaneously this evening my wife and I replied by screaming and roaring like dinosaurs, my 18 month old daughter joined in and stalked around the living room roaring with me. :3:

When we stopped he was sitting there sulking with his bottom lip hanging out and arms crossed, apparently he didn't like not being the centre of attention, or the loudest thing around. My daughter loved it and carried on roaring and stalking around for a while longer.

I did that with my daughter (now 12), too. Actually, she's 13 on Thursday, eek!

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 18, 2014

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Wonder if dad still has my maternal grandad's old 8N...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Darchangel posted:

Sooo... how about that local sports team Ken Block video?

TBH the action in it is a few steps down on say Gymkhana 5 where he pulled some top level stunts / jumps... but that Mustang - Oh my that loving Mustang. WHAT a piece of work. What a glorious sound!

I just cant think of a car that has that kind of brutality, sound and absolute AWD tyre shredding insanity.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'll be starting 2015 with my wife birthin' a babby girl, so that's gonna be a bit of a change.

2014 hasn't been too bad, bought a house but now that and baby preparation is taking up most of my spending money.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Everyone at work and in class is calling me Crash Gordon while singing the Flash Gordon theme song. -_-

And my buddy just checked-in on FB at the county jail. Wonder if he needs bail...

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 18, 2014

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I know this has been said repeatedly, but gently caress this year. If this new job offer would go through I wouldn't even have time to worry :(. Three weeks later, I'm still waiting on lawyers to answer what seem like simple questions. Ugggggg. /rant

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Quick note to people with expandable towing mirrors on trucks, at least in California:

No trailer? FOLD THEM THE gently caress IN.

There's nothing like having plenty of room to split, but having to duck around these loving shits because they stick out two goddamn feet. Even if you move over a bit for me, I still have to hope the guy in the other lane is far enough that I can be right on the line, otherwise I'm ducking and dodging your goddamn crutch mirror.

Edit: also if any of you live in Oceanside and know a guy with an FC RX7 that kind of looks like STR but uglier, tell him to go gently caress himself. Saturday morning this guy didn't like that I was passing him, so he waited till I got next to his car, then gunned it and swerved at me while laughing. Hope he likes the dent in his quarter from that exchange.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 18, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Remember. punch up or down, not forward when knocking mirrors off shitboxes.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Everyone at work and in class is calling me Crash Gordon while singing the Flash Gordon theme song. -_-

And my buddy just checked-in on FB at the county jail. Wonder if he needs bail...

JUST SEND HIM SNAPCASH

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Had a big reply typed. Couldn't be bothered.

All I can say is part of being a parent is getting used to The Judging Eyes. Doubly so if your child is at all different. Nothing like having a child called spoiled or receiving some unwanted free parenting advice when the child is having a meltdown over the noise level, the number of people, unfamiliar environment or has become fixated on an object.

Goddamnit, like everything else this all leads to yet another dark place. gently caress me. gently caress this. gently caress everything. Seriously.

Rover chat. I like Land Rovers and Range Rovers, but after seeing that fusebox with a PCB I'm truly scared of them.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ozmiander posted:

JUST SEND HIM SNAPCASH

This is the most asinine thing. :psyduck:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Terrible Robot posted:

This is the most asinine thing. :psyduck:

No it's not. My dick pics demand a premium. :colbert:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

No it's not. My dick pics demand a premium. :colbert:

Speak for yourself.

General_Failure posted:

Rover chat. I like Land Rovers and Range Rovers, but after seeing that fusebox with a PCB I'm truly scared of them.

The good fix is to find a non-melty one and reflow the whole drat thing with silver solder.

E: and replace the relays with chinesium ones.

yeah, its actually an upgrade.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Follow up:
Ford 8N Flathead V8: http://youtu.be/nEPxN0DcgZ4

It must be done.... When I have space.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I have both an 8N and 9N and a spare flathead that we took out of my friends 48...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
So I think I offended my coworker.

He owns a BMW 3 series and he was complaining about how the dealer wanted almost $500 to fix the windshield washer pump. We started talking more about his car and he said he loved it but he didn't know anything about cars, he wanted to just get into a car and drive it, and how he plans to dump it after 70k miles because of some sort of transmission belt (I have no idea what he's talking about).

I told him he probably shouldn't be driving anything German because they're not the most reliable cars and maintenance can be costly. He said he had to make some phone calls and walked away.

Oops.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Another day, another burn. At least this time instead of trudging up and down mountains setting them on fire im parked on my arse in a bulk water carrier. Fridge, aircon, stereo and subway

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well the end of year is looking nice, I'm getting a top box and end cabinet to go with my HF toolbox from dad and the lady just said we can go ahead and buy a new tv cabinet since the old one got pretty hosed up in the move and from cats peeing on it. IKEA here I come!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

God drat Potassium gives me the worst stomach cramps. I made a bunch of turkey chili and I overdid it on the beans. This is why I don't eat bananas either.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I was at my local Kroger colony today and impulse bought a Hot Wheels car to throw in with my secret santa gift. I normally self-checkout but the line was long so I went to a regular checkout. The clerk asked me "Shall I bag this up or would you like me to leave it out for you to play with on your ride home?" I said: "Thanks man, no bag - that IS my ride home." There was an overweight old man behind me who started guffawing, then laughing really loud, like a literal "HAW HAW HAW," and he reached out to brace himself while he held his gut laughing, and fell and hit his head on the edge of the conveyor belt on the check out counter before falling backwards into the rack of tabloids and candy. He was bleeding from the mouth and I was worried his organs were finally giving up until I saw the teeth on the floor. I hope you're happy, Secret Santee - someone paid full price in flesh for your gift.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Rhyno posted:

Well the end of year is looking nice, I'm getting a top box and end cabinet to go with my HF toolbox from dad and the lady just said we can go ahead and buy a new tv cabinet since the old one got pretty hosed up in the move and from cats peeing on it. IKEA here I come!

I bought a new rug a couple of weeks ago:

It makes the sofa I got for free from an estate sale look less old ladyish.

Edit: I'm saying you need more old lady furniture in your life.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

I was at my local Kroger colony today and impulse bought a Hot Wheels car to throw in with my secret santa gift. I normally self-checkout but the line was long so I went to a regular checkout. The clerk asked me "Shall I bag this up or would you like me to leave it out for you to play with on your ride home?" I said: "Thanks man, no bag - that IS my ride home." There was an overweight old man behind me who started guffawing, then laughing really loud, like a literal "HAW HAW HAW," and he reached out to brace himself while he held his gut laughing, and fell and hit his head on the edge of the conveyor belt on the check out counter before falling backwards into the rack of tabloids and candy. He was bleeding from the mouth and I was worried his organs were finally giving up until I saw the teeth on the floor. I hope you're happy, Secret Santee - someone paid full price in flesh for your gift.

Holy loving poo poo. I scared the cat from laughing so hard.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

blk posted:

Oh my god, hahahaha, that guy rules. Best story Ive heard in a while.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Hahahaha that's loving awesome.

Reminds me of when I was at Wally's with my roommate. I grabbed a frozen pizza and he said, "Is that DiGiorno's?" I said, "Well it's not delivery!" as an old timer walked by and started cracking up.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 18, 2014

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

blk posted:

That Hot Wheels is going to become the next AI totem, like 13"'s spider shift knob.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cursedshitbox posted:

Remember. punch up or down, not forward when knocking mirrors off shitboxes.

He mostly just got a quick kick as I straightened back out.

But yeah, uppercut is the only way to take off a mirror.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

chease and peperoni

Yes, that is my Heathkit GC-1005 on top of my 8 track am/fm/fm stereo player. No, you can't have it- unless you want to pay for it. I'll throw in the aviator bear for free, though. :q:

e: hoep u paid in :butt:coins, blk

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 18, 2014

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Snapcash is a real thing?

So now I can pay for tip the muff dick pics I get?

Charlie's surgery is going to be $700.

Good thing I just sold the Miata :unsmith:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I fear my yellow lab doesn't have more than another year in her. She's 14 and for the past 2 years has been coughing/gagging whch is a sign of heart failure for labradors. IDK what I'm gonna do without her. I only see her about once a week since I moved out from my parents' but I still consider her family. poo poo, I got a tattoo of her on my leg. :(

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Since this thread has taken a turn of OldGBS: I'm farting, but haven't poo poo my pants, yet.

However, I did have a sausage and lentil soup for dinner.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Viggen posted:

Since this thread has taken a turn of OldGBS: I'm farting, but haven't poo poo my pants, yet.

However, I did have a sausage and lentil soup for dinner.

Oh hey buddy. :quagmire:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Not that kind of sausage, you silly. :bigtran:

The house is still a loving mess from the last batch of estate purchases- but haven't had a lot of headway since I only bought what I feel could sell (and poo poo I bought for myself). I really dig the oldschool analytical scale- the workmanship on everything is astounding. I should be able to flip that and the Cheby for enough to get me through the first quarter of 2014.. but I'm starting to like the truck. :cry:

E: Stop telling me about System Release 5.0, Nexus. I don't want it. 4.4 is working just fine, thank you.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 18, 2014

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Viggen posted:

E: Stop telling me about System Release 5.0, Nexus. I don't want it. 4.4 is working just fine, thank you.

I just installed it, it's pretty cool but the new keyboard is funky. Feels a little faster overall which is nice.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Pham Nuwen posted:

I just installed it, it's pretty cool but the new keyboard is funky. Feels a little faster overall which is nice.

I swear I am one of ten people left who use fingerdrag to form words- does that still work? I gave up Graffiti gestures, though. :corsair:

I'm gonna hold off on the update. I just don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Viggen posted:

I swear I am one of ten people left who use fingerdrag to form words- does that still work? I gave up Graffiti gestures, though. :corsair:

I'm gonna hold off on the update. I just don't care.

It does still work! Used it to enter this reply actually

• Locked thread