Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so what really took it over the edge

the fact that kimsemus and I said that pedophilia was wrong and made fun of anyone who called it "trolling" or was fishing really just the bridge too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

:3:

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

the fact that kimsemus and I said that pedophilia was wrong and made fun of anyone who called it "trolling" or was fishing really just the bridge too far

Nothing really took it too far. Guild had been ready to splinter since the FC deal, they just needed a good excuse. Kimsemus sticking out his neck for Tatersyum to chop was just the right opportunity.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

ragnoxiii posted:

Nothing really took it too far. Guild had been ready to splinter since the FC deal, they just needed a good excuse. Kimsemus sticking out his neck for Tatersyum to chop was just the right opportunity.

This man speaks the truth.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

I think it was the fishing that pushed people over the edge and began the witch hunts in other communities.

No one cared when we wanted to ban pedophiles, but gently caress up fishing?

Better find a way to kick Kim out of other orgs for that while we debate in private channels the best age to diddle children.

ragnoxiii posted:

The irony of this statement is that like 20 minutes after it happened I was in CTS with taters, grith and others, and was immediately reinvited and given my godmode fishfucking powers back. :tinfoil: the council's will be done.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im pretty angry at him for attacking fishermen in an open pvp zone too

that makes sense

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Heh yeah guys it's no big deal really. No actual drama or rage. Remember when Kim got kicked from other games because goons can't behave like adults? Oh man. Classic goons.

Haha we can look back and laaaaugh. Hifives all around, doges

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

No irony. Simple fact is your actions gave people a sufficient excuse to do something they'd been wanting to do since we officially rolled over for FC on Freedich with that stupid tax pact. Anyone who thinks fishing killed PvP in GS is dumb. It was the day we gave up on contesting Freedich that ruined PvP, fishing came after that.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

ragnoxiii posted:

No irony. Simple fact is your actions gave people a sufficient excuse to do something they'd been wanting to do since we officially rolled over for FC on Freedich with that stupid tax pact. Anyone who thinks fishing killed PvP in GS is dumb. It was the day we gave up on contesting Freedich that ruined PvP, fishing came after that.

It was fishing. Robbing goons of content by fishing.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Malakesh posted:

This man speaks the truth.

So you knew all along and that's why you stole the guild bank?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

Heh yeah guys it's no big deal really. No actual drama or rage. Remember when Kim got kicked from other games because goons can't behave like adults? Oh man. Classic goons.

What DBRB does on his own has nothing to do with everyone else but nice try. I did have a good laugh about it though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Axel Serenity posted:

Widestancer Fan Club and IMP zone ice cream social after the hifives

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea out of all the fishing people, DaBigRedBoat is the biggest piece of poo poo for sure

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Heh nice try :smug:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ragnoxiii posted:

And Wicked rolled over for FC to trade Krakens and goons are now in that guild too.
Everyone is rolling over, and apparently only Eonwe is the only one qualified to roll over for a master.

We've figured out Eonwe's lap owner, and it is us. :magical:

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

And Wicked rolled over for FC to trade Krakens and goons are now in that guild too.
Everyone is rolling over, and apparently only Eonwe is the only one qualified to roll over for a master.

We've figured out Eonwe's lap owner, and it is us. :magical:

It was more like FC caved to Wicked. Wicked gets every other kill and all they had to give up was one glider that is now completely useless. But no, you are correct, it was Wicked that got shafted on that deal.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Tanreall posted:

So you knew all along and that's why you stole the guild bank?

Don't forget, we robbed all that content too.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Arcade posted:

Don't forget, we robbed all that content too.

No way you guys produce content for me. Ever so often I come down and steal your boats full of fish. Last time I came down we were treated to the famous piecemeal attack plan goon fishers are know for. There were four of us and the fishers knew we were there so Nagamanimenametsu comes at us solo and dies. We laugh while trying to find a boat to steal when Wangja comes at us solo and dies. We laugh harder and decide to just chill and see how many will come at us one at a time. It was great we love goon/wicked fishers.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Tanreall posted:

No way you guys produce content for me. Ever so often I come down and steal your boats full of fish. Last time I came down we were treated to the famous piecemeal attack plan goon fishers are know for. There were four of us and the fishers knew we were there so Nagamanimenametsu comes at us solo and dies. We laugh while trying to find a boat to steal when Wangja comes at us solo and dies. We laugh harder and decide to just chill and see how many will come at us one at a time. It was great we love goon/wicked fishers.

Still, we ended up wiping you... Also the last time I remember seeing any of you.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remember the good times when we chased a pervy old man out of town with torches and pitchforks?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fauxtool posted:

Remember the good times when we chased a pervy old man out of town with torches and pitchforks?

BFM isn't that old.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I hate this game but I love this thread.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I anyone here decent at writing OPs? I want to make a thread for general cheating, hacking and exploiting. Should probably get mod approval so its not DoA.

AA will have a sizeable place in the OP with how terribly easy it is to hack in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

I anyone here decent at writing OPs? I want to make a thread for general cheating, hacking and exploiting. Should probably get mod approval so its not DoA.

AA will have a sizeable place in the OP with how terribly easy it is to hack in.

I would really enjoy reading this even though ive never done any kind of hacking

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

yea out of all the fishing people, DaBigRedBoat is the biggest piece of poo poo for sure

Are you sure DBRB even had anything to do with this? One of the splinters is the Star Citizen family and I'm sure they didn't need DBRB to do anything.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

DBRB is fishing people?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
DBR(Fishing)B

It all makes so much sense

Agent Provocatard
Dec 4, 2002
Unrelated to the matter being considered.

ragnoxiii posted:

It was more like FC caved to Wicked. Wicked gets every other kill and all they had to give up was one glider that is now completely useless. But no, you are correct, it was Wicked that got shafted on that deal.

Jeez what changed? I remembered not that long ago the 72 hour loving war on the Kraken that Wicked + others were attempting and failing just because of letting 1 FC clipper get in during the hours of set up.

Also I seriously enjoy reading about all the stupid hacking poo poo that can be done in Archeage. Would it really be bad if you just post it in here?

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Agent Provocatard posted:

Also I seriously enjoy reading about all the stupid hacking poo poo that can be done in Archeage. Would it really be bad if you just post it in here?

Sounds like there is more to it than just Archeage. It's a pretty awesome topic and having a thread specifically for it would be pretty amazing.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeez what changed? I remembered not that long ago the 72 hour loving war on the Kraken that Wicked + others were attempting and failing just because of letting 1 FC clipper get in during the hours of set up.

I have been posting it in here, but this would be a general hacking thread. I have done it in tons of other games like MWO, TF2, WoW, FFXIV, Wildstar, War Thunder, World of Tanks, BF1-4. I know im not the only goon doing it and people are frequently PMing me about more info.

As soon as I get mod approval, i will start working on an OP.
MMOHMO seems most on topic, but imp zone is probably most appropriate since I know its going to be trolled and shitposted by lots of angry goons

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah guessing neither Wicked nor FC wanted to do that 72 hour bullshit every time the Kraken was up when you can just trade off and get loot at pretty much the same rate.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got mod approval for the thread, if you can help me with the OP please PM me. i have most of the info ready, just need someone to arrange it and do grammar stuff.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

I got mod approval for the thread, if you can help me with the OP please PM me. i have most of the info ready, just need someone to arrange it and do grammar stuff.

hot, can't wait

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Fauxtool posted:

I have been posting it in here, but this would be a general hacking thread. I have done it in tons of other games like MWO, TF2, WoW, FFXIV, Wildstar, War Thunder, World of Tanks, BF1-4. I know im not the only goon doing it and people are frequently PMing me about more info.

MMOHMO seems most on topic, but imp zone is probably most appropriate since I know its going to be trolled and shitposted by lots of angry goons

This sounds amazing.

Something that might be worth looking into is posting it in PGS so that it's out of the public eye, but it might also be possible to split it like the SS13 thread where general stuff goes in the main thread and more interesting things go in the PGS thread.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ragnoxiii posted:

You're a huge idiot and nobody gave a poo poo about the FC pact. Wicked were the ones that cried about it because they are massive hypocrites.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

You're a huge idiot and nobody gave a poo poo about the FC pact. Wicked were the ones that cried about it because they are massive hypocrites.

I guess you missed the massive thread on aagoons about it. Wicked didn't care because they got Kraken out of it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fauxtool posted:

Try to get permission for ImpZone. That would be the best location imo.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah, people were fine with that pact. It was the fishing pact that robbed goons of all the content. The 25% tax to prevent PvP on Freedich with the strongest east guild didn't ruffle any feathers at all. A certain sperg didn't need to be muted after raging out at people speaking out against it, that never happened.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its hilarious because you could kill FC any time and any where, even on Freedich

its just you could also pay a 25% tax to have them protect you and people were super angry about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

its hilarious because you could kill FC any time and any where, even on Freedich

its just you could also pay a 25% tax to have them protect you and people were super angry about that

But of course they didn't, because the FC alliance had to be real!

• Locked thread