Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

MrYenko posted:

My girlfriend is a zookeeper, and her zoo's primate department rule of thumb about the great apes is that if you leave say, a screwdriver on a gorilla paddock, they'll pick it up, play with it a bit, see what it tastes like, and then probably drop it. The chimps will pick it up, taste it, and the use it as a weapon during a murderous blood rage against anything in the immediate area that isn't also a chimp. The orangutans will pick it up, carefully conceal it, and while nobody is looking, use it to build a multistage rocket to return to their homeworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Andorra posted:

didn't warrant that emoticon

This is among the sillier posts I've read all month.

"WHAT? THE gently caress IS THAT? A loving SMILEY FACE? OH NO HE loving DIDN'T!"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This is among the sillier posts I've read all month.

"WHAT? THE gently caress IS THAT? A loving SMILEY FACE? OH NO HE loving DIDN'T!"

Cheez posted:

I like how socially impaired people are calling me autistic. Keep it up, and keep obsessing over bitcoiners while you're at it.

Cheez posted:

It's not even about what the word means. It's about the reaction to the word being used. Are you saying it's appropriate to freak out about someone saying any word that has a sexual alternate definition? Makes you look like a child.

Cheez posted:

Yeah, whatever. This thread is ridiculous. Let that be a lesson for the future, though: The bitcoin thread gets bitchy when you point out an easy to misunderstand statement.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Wait, "autistic" has an alternate sexual meaning?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Pharnakes posted:

virgin

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Pharnakes posted:

anal

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mans posted:

Cheez posted:

I like how socially impaired people are calling me autistic. Keep it up, and keep obsessing over bitcoiners while you're at it.
Has pages and pages and pages of posts in Let's Play, is surprised when people call him autistic.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Pharnakes posted:

The word in question was "finger" as a transitive verb.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TetsuoTW posted:

Has pages and pages and pages of posts in Let's Play, is surprised when people call him autistic.

How the gently caress has Geop not banned him for his violent reaction to puns

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

TetsuoTW posted:

Cheez posted:

I missed the joke because it wasn't a good joke. I still don't see it as a joke.

Cheez posted:

As long as you're not there making non-jokes, sure.

Cheez posted:

No, actually. The smoke no longer bothers them. In Zelda 1, a correctly placed bomb would stun the dodongo with the smoke, and you could kill it with a single sword blow. Otherwise, 2+ bombs because you screw up and feed it the bombs.

Cheez posted:

I already pointed out earlier in the thread why putting bombs in a dodongo's mouth is not what the old man means by "dodongo dislikes smoke". It's literal, guys. It's not a funny mistranslation or engrish or even a bad hint.

Cheez posted:

Doesn't need explaining, the point I've been desperately trying to make for several pages now is that people keep associating the smoke thing with feeding it the bombs, and that's just entirely missing the idea of the hint.

Cheez posted:

Maybe if people were better at reading the thread I wouldn't have to keep saying it over and over like a broken record. Nerd rage has nothing to do with people not listening.

Cheez posted:

Deal with it. After years of hearing "LOL HE SAID I AM ERROR ISN'T THAT SO FUNNY GUYS" I'm tired of hearing people get Zelda things completely wrong.

Also you're a tool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Even the other LP regulars are making fun of him.

It's always Zelda or Final Fantasy, too

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You are supposed to put the bombs in Dodongo's mouth, iirc.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

zoux posted:

You are supposed to put the bombs in Dodongo's mouth, iirc.

He posted a video showing that if you blow up the bomb next to him you can kill him when he hits the smoke.

It doesn't matter because it's super obvious that the clue is that you should use bombs in some manner, and he's being weirdly spergy about his interpretation of a game that contains phrases like "eastmost peninsula is the secret", I'm sure they were choosing their words very carefully.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I'm tired of hearing people get Final Zone II things completely wrong.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

theflyingorc posted:

He posted a video showing that if you blow up the bomb next to him you can kill him when he hits the smoke.

It doesn't matter because it's super obvious that the clue is that you should use bombs in some manner, and he's being weirdly spergy about his interpretation of a game that contains phrases like "eastmost peninsula is the secret", I'm sure they were choosing their words very carefully.

You'd think so but one user found the true answer

Your Computer posted:

I support this notion and drew up a quick explanatory picture

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

haha that guy's rap sheet

quote:

You desperately need to calm down about Pokemon buddy. Based on your prior probations, you've learned nothing. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

quote:

You have a bunch of probations for starting dumb Internet fights and you're not learning. You should've let this go awhile back. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

quote:

Hey: quit being an rear end and settle down about pixels. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

quote:

Look, everyone in the cookie department appreciates how dedicated you are to the cookie clicker cause. So much so we've all put together a little vacation time for you, in order that you can continue clicking cookies. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

quote:

hosed up my Dangan Ronpa Scavenger Hunt thread with dumb bullshit. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

quote:

This is it, this is you literally starting an internet fight over rom corruption tools. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
It's worth noting that the Pokemon one was specifically for Twitch Plays Pokemon:

Cheez posted:

So while I slept, the same retards who decided having Eevee was a good idea also decided to go to the PC and did the exact thing everyone else was telling them would happen but somehow it wouldn't happen because "we've done it before" (with about half the people watching/playing and without all the people who left in frustration)

And what's left appears to be pretty much the result of allowing thousands of stupid people to try and make the same decision.

So all those level 15 guys that died immediately and never could cause damage were better then

He was actually very mad about the fact that the internet was playing a game boy game from 1997 wrong.

edit: hoo boy

Cheez posted:

Think I care? They already hosed it up beyond any help.

We can get eevee, all we need is a water stone to make it evolve and we can use surf :downs:

We can fix this, all we have to do is go to the PC and deposit eevee, we've done this before :downs:

Now what? You have a grand total of one pokemon with weak moves. Assuming anyone even gets past the safari zone, assuming anyone gets past victory road, assuming anyone gets to the elite four, there is no backup plan. And you don't see how a bunch of people collectively thinking like this is horrifying when applied to actual real life situations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I will pay 100 fake internet dollars for a picture of that person.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zoux posted:

I will pay 100 fake internet dollars for a picture of that person.

I can show you his soul:

Cheez posted:

I'm convinced orteil is at least partly retarded, because he responded to an ask on his tumblr saying that farms/factories/mines are too weak, saying they're early game content and they shouldn't be good, and all that garbage.

So what about cursors? grandmas? they're HUGE. It isn't until time machines that the two of them stop being cost effective with all upgrades. Meanwhile, farms lag so far behind it isn't even funny. 230 farms, the next one is going to cost 45 quadrillion. 230 farms gets... 4600 cookies per second. If it wasn't for all the % boosts it would never be worth it to have any. A cursor is the first thing you get, and a grandma is the second. Why can't the third thing you get, a farm, ever become remotely useful for anything besides increasing your building count and getting an achievement?

Cheez posted:

Everybody. When someone says the early stuff should be less powerful, and has a game where the two earliest things outweigh almost everything else, is it not a very stupid thing to say?

YES, IT IS STUPID. Stop fighting that. That's horrible.

Cheez posted:

What does that have to do with anything? A guy straight up lies and you're acting like that's just fine!

He is VERY upset about the fact that the first two items in cookie clicker become very strong, but the NEXT TWO items are not very strong. I think I have a new favorite poster.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
You wanna hope this guy is fourteen years old and just doesn't understand how to not be an obnoxious know-it-all yet, but you know he's a twenty-eight-year-old basement-dweller.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You wanna hope this guy is fourteen years old and just doesn't understand how to not be an obnoxious know-it-all yet, but you know he's a twenty-eight-year-old basement-dweller.

The absence of self reflection is stunning, sad almost.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He's flipping out about Cookie Clicker, a browser game where you click cookies. I think he may have a severe case of the 'tism.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wonder where he stands on #gg.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Phlegmish posted:

He's flipping out about Cookie Clicker, a browser game where you click cookies.

No, he's flipping out about a browser game which clicks itself.

quote:

I think he may have a severe case of the 'tism.

Yes.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Phlegmish posted:

He's flipping out about Cookie Clicker, a browser game where you click cookies. I think he may have a severe case of the 'tism.

I like to say "they're on the spectrum," because now that fits DSM-V standards.

might be wrong
Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for reminding me of this one from the old thread:

TetsuoTW posted:

If you were any further on the spectrum your posts would only be visible to bees.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

mom posted:

Surprised there is no methamphetamine thread on these forums. I've been going through an 8ball I purchased and as someone who has used cocaine for years (GOOD coke, off darknets) I can honestly say meth is 100x better, and this is coming from somebody who used to look down on it as a "dirty" drug.

I started out doing 80mg dissolved in 30iu of saline, injected intravenously and proceeded to have the most intense rush of any drug ive ever done (I've injected cocaine, crack, heroin, and ketamine for comparison). I ended up getting dizzy about 5 seconds after the shot and vomited 2-3 times but when the nausea passed I was loving HIGH. If you have ever IV'd cocaine you know how intense that first 30 second rush is, now multiply it by 10 and have it last 6 hours and thats pretty much it. I never got the whole "tweaking" out aspect, which im assuming comes from not sleeping for days. I just felt loving fantastic for 16 hours, then took some xanax and went to bed and all was well.

It was more euphoric and less "speedy" then I had anticipated and insanely CLEAN, but I'm sure a lot of that was because of the quality of the drug itself. I could easily see the addiction potential since this stuff is potent and CHEAP ($100 for 3.5g) but I never saw the appeal of staying up for days and during my experimentation always slept and ate right during the experience. I initially bought the meth as a joke, just to do it to say that I've done it, and I can honestly say that I would recommend it to anybody (assuming intensity is your cup of tea).

I just cant believe I wasted all those years spending so much money and having to go to the bar bathroom every 15 mins to maintain my desired high when now I just do an injection before I go out for the night and I'm still peaking 6 hours later.

10/10, gently caress the stigma and the haters.

mom posted:

I dunno, a shot in the morning in my left arm, and a shot in the right in the afternoon has been treating me a lot better then doing 5g of coke in 4 hours doing shots every 15 mins like clockwork. poo poo ive gone through an entire box of 100 needles in a 3 day weekend coke binge before.

If you have enough self control and self awareness meth is fantastic. I definitely wanted to stay up for days re-dosing and keep the high going but in the back of my head I always know I need my food, water, 8 hours of sleep, and gotta work my 40 hours so I have a place to live, but i could see someone easily say "gently caress it" and go for broke and keep the roller coaster going, then you start seeing shadow people after not eating or sleeping for a week and now your a "tweaker".

Also the meth of today is WAY different from the meth of 5-10 years ago, you would honestly have trouble selling lovely shake and bake mom-and-pop ghetto meth since now fully equipped superlabs are being built in Mexico, getting pure shipments of precursor pseduo from chinese wholesalers, and then made by qualified chemists who know their poo poo (i know that sounds all breaking bad but its true). Then all they do is ship that poo poo to San Diego under a drug tunnel and now the streets are awash with 95%+ pure methamphetamine at rock bottom prices. Even El Chapo Guzman (prior to arrest) has stated he purposely has been lowering the price and increasing purity of his product to push low level wannabees out of the market. Same thing is happening with heroin if your properly connected; im floored by some of the poo poo i've been doing recently.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

That guy's post history is just littered with insanity. Just now discovering meth is probably not going to improve matters.

e: like he just showed up in the Portland LAN thread to say that it was really hard to find weed :wtc: and just keeps having these epiphanies

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nattrass posted:

I agree I love that instant kick when abusing stims the second you wake up but it's a recipe for disaster!

Plain amphetamine is probably much more suited if you must do that, I've done loads of multiple monthsspeed binges to minor psychological side effects. Hey, it gets dosed out to kids in the USA it must be fine!(joke)

15mg up the nose would provide a similar buzz and you won't smell of cum or go mental. Might take all of a minute longer to hit though sorry dude.

But really, try some better sleep habits. You'd be amazed what waking up at the right time through your cycle can do for grogginess.

Love that forum.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I often smell of cum. But that's not drug related.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

mom posted:

If you have enough self control and self awareness meth is fantastic.
In other words, if you aren't noted crazy TCC poster "mom".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sham bam bamina! posted:

crazy TCC poster

But then you repeat yourself.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
Why does the quotes thread always seem to turn into Helldump Lite?

Just Post Quotes.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

TCC remains the most effective anti-drug program I've ever seen. "Oh yeah, I've done every drug under the sun and inject several times daily, but I'm not like, an addict or anything."

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That one post was basically saying, "Man I really want to quit working and just do these drugs, it'd be so easy, I WANT TO. But don't worry lol I won't I have self control. But just imagine it. It'd be so easy to just-"

Is there a stickied megathread of dead-by-OD-goons in that forum? There should be.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Rough Lobster posted:

That one post was basically saying, "Man I really want to quit working and just do these drugs, it'd be so easy, I WANT TO. But don't worry lol I won't I have self control. But just imagine it. It'd be so easy to just-"

Is there a stickied megathread of dead-by-OD-goons in that forum? There should be.

I used to hang out on TCC a few years ago on a different account (which I no longer use for obvious reasons) and there was some kid who posted a bit in the mushroom thread, just getting started, very fresh-faced and eager. I saw his name posted a while ago and checked his post history - from what I can recall, he had then moved on to poppy tea and then heroin and meth and was just a complete mess, in and out of the rehab thread.

I'm not saying that TCC can't be a good resource for how to be safe and how to do stuff, but if you just hang out there like it's a regular hobby-based forum, you could be in trouble. There have been a whole bunch of OD deaths and walking ODs - people who have just gone off the deep-end and readily admit they have no way out, and no real desire to get out. It's really sad.

There are people who can handle drugs recreationally and then there are people for whom it becomes their sole saving grace in life, the only thing that gets them up in the morning.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I used to hang out on TCC a few years ago on a different account (which I no longer use for obvious reasons) and there was some kid who posted a bit in the mushroom thread, just getting started, very fresh-faced and eager. I saw his name posted a while ago and checked his post history - from what I can recall, he had then moved on to poppy tea and then heroin and meth and was just a complete mess, in and out of the rehab thread.

The "Once you get past the stigma of injecting, it's smooth sailing" guy? I remember seeing a great timeline of posts over 2-3 years going from "I can't wait to try opiates like you cool guys!" to "I have self control and can stop snorting heroin at any time" to "almost died yesterday lol hurting bad gtg time to shoot up more tar".

In any case, "smooth sailing" is a good TCC search term, it nearly became a catchphrase.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hydrolith posted:

Why does the quotes thread always seem to turn into Helldump Lite?

Just Post Quotes.

Because you have to make fun of the proud meth heads while they're still alive. If you wait until they're dead to make fun of them you're just being a dick.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sham bam bamina! posted:

In other words, if you aren't noted crazy TCC poster "mom".

I just imagine a scrawny man filled with scabs shaking in the corner blinking his eye at me because he knows he's a drugged mess, he's totally in control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

might be wrong
Oct 11, 2012
I kinda miss when this was for clever quotes by funny people and not just a shittier version of the goonlulz thread.

• Locked thread