Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

IV bag + lifesteal is a great combo for a samson run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I've pointed this out already but this is a really bad idea for any blindfold challenge (except maybe Beans since your items are so catastrophically bad anyway). You can't roll away from the blindfold and unless you luck into Lil Brimstone what you'll end up with will probably be worse.

I guess there's always the Blank Card combined with the Chaos card, though you'd still need to get through the normal levels.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

RatHat posted:

Uh, what? It's just a portable blood donation machine. If you have extra hearts you can convert them into money. It also works really well with Bloody Lust and getting into red challenge rooms. It's not the greatest item but it has its uses.

And it's not even new, it was in the original.

Also you can still do the thing where you take the IV Bag to another blood machine or demon beggar and double-dip using invincibility frames.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I wanna want to love the boomerang item, but its really useless when you can't fire tears a second before the mook unfreezes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Trick Question posted:

I'm pretty sure nothing beats the holy water for just being completely pointless. Soy milk at least has a point in that it hurts you, holy water doesn't even manage to do that.

Picking up Soy Milk with your damage stat at a certain level can cause a stack overflow and max out your attack power, with machinegun tears.

All hail Soy Milk.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm glad Azazel exists because grinding the first two floors for Steven to try and get Steven to drop is driving me insane, last item I need for real platinum god.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pumpinglemma posted:

With your setup the Guillotine was actually a good item, though? It's a huge orbital that blocks enemy shots and does ridiculous damage as a melee weapon. The reason it's normally unusably bad is that it totally fucks up your aim, but with Ludovico Technique that's not an issue.

That's not the point of the video, the point is that he got the Guillotine randomly out of like a pool of 300 items while he was in the middle of talking about how he didn't want it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tracula posted:

Look where the bosses are.

No item rooms either that I can tell.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress the two cage boss fight in the womb, gently caress it. Krampus Head and Brimstone were no match for this stupid shitfight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish the mods of the binding of isaac wiki (not the gamepedia one) weren't so retarded. Like yeah you have the power to make pages eligible for deletion because you don't like the quality of them but also Rebirth literally came out two weeks ago so it'd be difficult to make a page that is of the same quality as the ones for the game that has been out for a year. By which I mean, they got rid of the Rebirth Secrets List page because it has no images and they probably didn't consider that people (me) would actually want to look at it.

edit: Thankfully you can still go to the page history and view the previous version because it hasn't actually been deleted, it's just been marked for deletion which means you can't view it for some reason.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 18, 2014

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

That original wiki has always been rather crappy. I haven't visited it since Rebirth. The new one in combination with platinumgod.co.uk gives me everything I need.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, the reason I bring it up is because the gamepedia wiki doesn't have a page with the secrets list on it and I was thinking about making one. But that would require being a member of Curse and I do not want to associate with them ever.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Holy poo poo, Ipecac, Rubber Cement and Monstro's Lung. Almost killed myself numerous times with my multi exploding bouncing tear bombs but drat it one shot Isaac and two shot ???. Probably my best Eve run ever.

Random Hajile posted:

For a good time, piss off two angels in a single run.

I'll have to do that, just need to stop buying things from Stan. His merchandise is just so drat good!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Early on they were straight up deleting articles they considered as spoilers, despite the fact that it's a loving wiki.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Does the blue map have a secret effect that reveals all the room icons on your map when you enter a secret room or something? Because I keep getting the room icons revealed after entering a secret room like I have the compass when I don't.

Also beating Isaac seems pretty trivial in Rebirth. The only attack he has that's any difficult to avoid is the one where he fills the room with light beams and even with that you can just stand at the bottom and avoid it half the time and the other half it barely does any damage anyway.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 18, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You can still get angel rooms if you buy from Satan, and they aren't guaranteed if you don't. Though having the Goat's Head helps things along.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

pumpinglemma posted:

With your setup the Guillotine was actually a good item, though? It's a huge orbital that blocks enemy shots and does ridiculous damage as a melee weapon. The reason it's normally unusably bad is that it totally fucks up your aim, but with Ludovico Technique that's not an issue.

Yeah I actually realized that soon afterwards but normally I loving hate the guillotine and I literally just had a run with Curse of the Blind where I picked it up and kinda hosed me over.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

No item rooms either that I can tell.

There were item rooms, they were just down in the bottom left. It was a completely normal XL floor aside from the boss rooms being disconnected.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Trick Question posted:

I'm pretty sure nothing beats the holy water for just being completely pointless. Soy milk at least has a point in that it hurts you, holy water doesn't even manage to do that.

When I walk into an angel room and see holy water it's like a kick in the balls.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't know about anyone else, but guillotine gives me a headache trying to aim the rotating head.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can still get angel rooms if you buy from Satan, and they aren't guaranteed if you don't. Though having the Goat's Head helps things along.

Huh, guess I just need to pick up faith stuff and avoid sin/evil or whetever that stat is called.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah, presumably taking a Devil room deal just gives you a shitload of sin thus making it tough to get Angel rooms, but not impossible.

By the way, just walking into the room or opening red chests won't give you any sin. And I think it increases the chance of an Angel room the next floor like turning down Devil deals does.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm like 100% sure that taking a devil deal won't lock you out of angel rooms because that would invalidate a lot of the purpose behind faith+ items. what a lot of people are saying about it giving you a fair chunk of sin, though, is probably incredibly right.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Not actually paying for the Devil Deals also helps. Anything that Satan offers freely is fair game, also my experience shows that charging the devil room with the Credit Card does not discount god rooms since all the items are now free.

Basically, we're dealing with the Catholic God here. You can sin all you want, as long as you pay the church a proper indulgence, even (or especially) if said indulgence comes from someone else's wallet.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm like 100% sure that taking a devil deal won't lock you out of angel rooms because that would invalidate a lot of the purpose behind faith+ items. what a lot of people are saying about it giving you a fair chunk of sin, though, is probably incredibly right.

I've bought the goat head from the devil room and proceeded to get angel rooms. Any claims that buying a devil room item locks you out of angel rooms completely is utterly false.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Slime posted:

I've bought the goat head from the devil room and proceeded to get angel rooms. Any claims that buying a devil room item locks you out of angel rooms completely is utterly false.

Yeah, it was true in the original version but I'm pretty sure that in Rebirth there's a hidden evil/faith stat that determines this sort of thing, Devil Room items just tend to give you a lot of +evil boosts.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh man, I finally beat The Family Man after what must have been like 20 tries all told. Definitely the hardest challenge for me. I had one heart left at the end, but I finally got decent at dodging th light pillars. My hands are still shaking.

Going through the entire Cathedral with four hearts, losing one to Monstro 2 right before Isaac, and fighting him with three is nerve wracking. Especially when you are really loving tired of that challenge and have died on Isaac several times already.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 19, 2014

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

RatHat posted:

Early on they were straight up deleting articles they considered as spoilers, despite the fact that it's a loving wiki.

At least they got rid of that giant screen-sized fuckoff fire-engine red set of instructions about not adding any more seeds that was on every. single. item page. I'd say I can't believe that moron thought it was a good idea to pollute the wiki with it but... wiki...

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

RatHat posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but guillotine gives me a headache trying to aim the rotating head.

Imagine how much harder it'd be if "up" always meant "away from your body", "down" always meant "towards your body", "left" always meant "ninety degrees away from the line between you and your body one way", and "right" always meant "ninety degrees away from the line between you and your body the other way". :getin:

implement this in 1.03 please edmund

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Holy poo poo is Glass Cannon hilarious. Epic Fetus is the best. :allears: Getting Epic Fetus in a normal run with a bunch of red hearts and Pyromaniac would make you a nigh immortal killing machine.

edit: went into the boss room, ended up with twice as much health at the end because of how fast I killed the bosses. They kept dropping soul hearts. Man, I hope I can get a build this good next time I go for Mega Satan.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 19, 2014

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Imagine how much harder it'd be if "up" always meant "away from your body", "down" always meant "towards your body", "left" always meant "ninety degrees away from the line between you and your body one way", and "right" always meant "ninety degrees away from the line between you and your body the other way". :getin:

implement this in 1.03 please edmund

Going back and playing stuff like Resident Evil and Tomb Raider with tank controls sends me into a goddamn conniption fit, it's infuriating. I don't know how I ever got so comfortable with that poo poo.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

Picking up Soy Milk with your damage stat at a certain level can cause a stack overflow and max out your attack power, with machinegun tears.

All hail Soy Milk.

Wouldn't it be an underflow in that case?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Stokes posted:

Can anyone who has completed this garbage Head Trauma challenge tell me how they did it? The complete lack of non-consumable pick ups make this thing an absolute zero fun chore, unless I'm missing something. This challenge and Solar System are just the worst.

Death's Scythes did work on that challenge for me, the penetrating shot makes it so you've got a full cloud of scythes around you constantly.

Zeron posted:

Also beating Isaac seems pretty trivial in Rebirth. The only attack he has that's any difficult to avoid is the one where he fills the room with light beams and even with that you can just stand at the bottom and avoid it half the time and the other half it barely does any damage anyway.

If you have decent speed, go to either corner that the light beams don't start at or end at (like if it's going upper right to lower left, go to lower right or upper left) and you'll never get hit by the light beams.

E: Add me as another person who's not crazy about Guillotine. I'll take it, but I'm used to focusing on a character's head for positioning so I'm awful at using that as an orbital. Last time I had it I walked into so freaking many red poops on the boss rush.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

As soon as I get the D6 I'm not touching ??? again.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

You guys weren't kidding when you said Dr. Fetus got seriously nerfed, even with triple shot it was a chore. Then I got hit with a tears down pill and couldn't even fire fast enough to kill globins.

However I then found Krampus's Head and got carried through Sheol. :)

e: vv it can only increase damage, so you should basically always pick it up

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Will the Money = Power item lower my damage if I have no coins, or can it only increase damage?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Current deaths with The Lost: 77
Farthest I've gotten: Mom in Depths 2

I really wish there was some way to have life. Like even if it allowed just one single Soul Heart at a time on The Lost I'd love it. :sigh:

Also you think this game would have potential for the Steam Workshop? I know seeds exist for runs, but I'd love to see unique characters, items, bosses, etc. Though I think it's a bit of work on Edmund's part to implement it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

I really wish there was some way to have life. Like even if it allowed just one single Soul Heart at a time on The Lost I'd love it. :sigh:

Also you think this game would have potential for the Steam Workshop? I know seeds exist for runs, but I'd love to see unique characters, items, bosses, etc. Though I think it's a bit of work on Edmund's part to implement it.

Isn't there an item that gives you one free hit per room? There's also the Gnawed Leaf. Keep in mind that after a while one heart is still one hit kill range.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Waffleopolis posted:

If you pick up the holy mantle you get a free hit per room and any items that block shots can do so without hurting The Lost any. Other than that though you just gotta get good at dodging.

Also, if you really wanna stretch your bucks with it, if you save/quit after getting hit with the holy mantle, it'll be reactivated when you continue so you can just try that room again. Now that The Lost doesn't get killed when you continue your game you can basically retry infinitely as long as you don't take two hits in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Tammy's head + azazel + triple shot = one shot everything